Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if that’s the only security camera around. I imagine most security cameras (i.e. neighbors’ Ring cameras) wouldn’t be allowed at nudist resorts, for resident/guest privacy.

If so, that could slow down an investigation.

Edited to add: Although I don’t know how these kinds of resorts work. Maybe people are nude only in community buildings and at social events, not on the street? Maybe people are allowed to photograph/record in public spaces?
Here's a review page and a poster says they do screening processes and background checks on visitors. I imagine therefore they should have working cameras at the entrance.

I have a question, If there was some form of a suit against the new owners, how many tennents had a written complaint? doing something to these 2 wouldn't stop the complaint correct? I just think these two where living their best life and doing something to them wouldn't stop anything. IMO. Just asking what others think

I have a question, If there was some form of a suit against the new owners, how many tennents had a written complaint? doing something to these 2 wouldn't stop the complaint correct? I just think these two where living their best life and doing something to them wouldn't stop anything. IMO. Just asking what others think
I agree. These are only 2 of the long term residents there. If Stephanie (or perhaps Daniel in his own unfiltered way) was becoming more outspoken in terms of complaints, then it might be relevant. But if not, then this might be just a red herring. We'll have to wait for more solid news.

I agree. These are only 2 of the long term residents there. If Stephanie (or perhaps Daniel in his own unfiltered way) was becoming more outspoken in terms of complaints, then it might be relevant. But if not, then this might be just a red herring. We'll have to wait for more solid news.
It’s possible that owners/associates didn’t plan to do harm the Menards in order to stop the lawsuit. Maybe they went over with the intention of discussing something, and the argument escalated.

No signs of a struggle though . . .

This is a head-scratcher.

So I'm back to mulling things over.

The mobile homes are very close together. How often did Stephanie drive (I presume Dan wasn't allowed to drive) anywhere? They had a car and a golf cart. So I presume she drove at least occasionally but not frequently. Their neighbors said they drove them to church every Sunday.
Did anyone hear/see their car leave their house on Saturday or Sunday morning?

Who saw them last?

Had anyone visited them recently?

Did they have any disagreements with any neighbors? Did any neighbors have any new people join their household?

Has there been mention of how advanced Daniel’s dementia is? Wondering if he has a habit of wandering from home.
This video says he does not wander and usually his wife Stephanie is always by his side.

ETA
The man who picks them up for church said that the dog usually barks when he rings the doorbell.

Last edited:
This video says he does not wander and usually his wife Stephanie is always by his side.

I think this is important for perspective.
But I'll also say that someone doesn't wander, until they wander. And delusions and paranoia can become a factor for some people. I'm not saying it was or is for Dan, but it can become an element of many types of dementia.

Having said that, I'm still struggling with the idea of BOTH of them missing. Paranoia and wandering doesn't explain that.

This is a great question. I'm assuming they do not as extended family hasn't been mentioned.
But it's possible they have niblings (nieces and nephews). They might not be so close as to speak to the media or be well-known by the Menard's neighbors.
For all we know they might even have estranged children.

So I'm back to mulling things over.

The mobile homes are very close together. How often did Stephanie drive (I presume Dan wasn't allowed to drive) anywhere? They had a car and a golf cart. So I presume she drove at least occasionally but not frequently. Their neighbors said they drove them to church every Sunday.
Did anyone hear/see their car leave their house on Saturday or Sunday morning?

Who saw them last?

Had anyone visited them recently?

Did they have any disagreements with any neighbors? Did any neighbors have any new people join their household?
Yes, lots of possibilities.

IMO, the car being parked down the road where it was sure to be recognized seems potentially significant.

If it was not they who drove and left it there, why would it be left there by someone else? It reminds me of something a teen joyrider might do, but not if it was used for a more serious crime.

In other cases I've followed where it has turned out foul play, the vehicle has been left at the home, or, if it has been used for the crime it has been hidden and burned to prevent forensic evidence from being found. Or, the highly devious criminal left it where it might mislead investigators - like the Mexican border.

Otherwise, why risk incriminating oneself, just to move the car down the road?

Only reason I can think of is if the couple went somewhere nearby where something bad happened, and the car was moved to conceal where they'd gone..., but not back to where there are homes, for fear of being noticed.

JMO

Cuddles also being missing is quite interesting. It puts a damper to a lot of my theories.

Kidnapping or forced evacuation of house? Why would the kidnapper take the dog along? There’s a small possibility that Stephanie & Daniel take their dog everywhere (it appears that they love Cuddles a lot) so they insisted on taking their pup along on a short notice? If it’s someone who wanted to get rid of them, maybe they wanted to get rid of them “entirely”, basically, any trace of them including the dog? Unsure. :(

I also think… what if Cuddles went missing and then Daniel or Stephanie went to look for Cuddles? Maybe due to dementia or some other health problems they got lost & unable to find their way back? Maybe they were injured?

It’s just odd to me that the duo and their dog are missing.

Cuddles also being missing is quite interesting. It puts a damper to a lot of my theories.

Kidnapping or forced evacuation of house? Why would the kidnapper take the dog along? There’s a small possibility that Stephanie & Daniel take their dog everywhere (it appears that they love Cuddles a lot) so they insisted on taking their pup along on a short notice? If it’s someone who wanted to get rid of them, maybe they wanted to get rid of them “entirely”, basically, any trace of them including the dog? Unsure. :(

I also think… what if Cuddles went missing and then Daniel or Stephanie went to look for Cuddles? Maybe due to dementia or some other health problems they got lost & unable to find their way back? Maybe they were injured?

It’s just odd to me that the duo and their dog are missing.
Kidnapping or forced evacuation of the house would explain why everything was left at home and the TV and computer were still on.

It would be awfully bold of someone to do that in a small, gated community with very close together homes in a place where I presume most people know each other well. Certainly someone could easily hear or see something! That doesn't seem like a risk a regular criminal would want to take. It also seems like a regular criminal would take the purse, computer, or cell phones, not leave them behind.

Could they have gotten a threatening phone call telling them to get in the car and drive out of the RV park, away from the eyes of the neighbors and potential security cameras, to the place where their car was found? I hope their phone records are being reviewed.

Kidnapping or forced evacuation of the house would explain why everything was left at home and the TV and computer were still on.

It would be awfully bold of someone to do that in a small, gated community with very close together homes in a place where I presume most people know each other well. Certainly someone could easily hear or see something! That doesn't seem like a risk a regular criminal would want to take. It also seems like a regular criminal would take the purse, computer, or cell phones, not leave them behind.

Could they have gotten a threatening phone call telling them to get in the car and drive out of the RV park, away from the eyes of the neighbors and potential security cameras, to the place where their car was found? I hope their phone records are being reviewed.
Wow… if they received a threatening phone call or some kind of notice to immediately leave the home, that could easily explain why Cuddles is missing too. They decided to take Cuddles w/ them. JMO.

The recent google reviews of the place are quite interesting, they appear to be indicating that there’s an uptick of crime and shady behavior at Olive Dell. Hmm.

AUG 28, 2024
[...]

...They were reported missing Aug. 25 by a friend who was on his way to church and would regularly accompany them, Brian Cleland, a co-owner of Olive Dell Ranch said.

[...]

“Their disappearance has sent shockwaves through the community, leaving loved ones and friends deeply concerned. We do not understand or know why they would be missing,” Cleland wrote in a [fundraiser] post.

[...]

Brief Summary of Stephanie Menard, 73 and Daniel Menard, 79
  • Couple last seen at their home about 10 AM 26000 block of Keissel Road 8/24/24
  • Home is part of Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort Colton CA where they have lived 15 years.
  • Cuddles, their small white Shih Tzu is missing too
  • Couple reporting missing Sunday 8/25 by friend Sandy Marinelli when they did not show up for church and she checked on their well-being.
  • Cell phones, Stephanie's cane and purse & wallet left behind
  • TV and computer were left on
  • Menard's unlocked vehicle found abandoned on side of road later shortly after reported missing.
  • Redlands CA police department begins search in area
  • Surrounding area is mostly desert with daytime temps in 90s.
  • Daniel Menard suffers from dementia and is diabetic. Not known to wander.
  • Stephanie has MS and needs cane to walk
  • Some neighbors report recent vandalism/burglaries in area
  • Menards had possible dispute and/or pending lawsuit with Olive Dell Ranch management over recent changes to the facility's operation.
  • LE says search dogs from Riverside Sheriff's Office and a helicopter from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office being used in search.
  • Neighbors have searched nearby Reche Canyon area on foot and horseback
Summary may be missing some details. Please add if necessary

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123