VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 31, 2024
Search for Mamta Kafle Bhatt continues over the holiday weekend | DC NEWS NOW
[...]

“I would say it’s very slim chances that she’s alive. And justice may look different than what we thought in those first days,” said Wirth. “But bringing her home, whatever that looks like, should still happen.

Flyers were not the only way volunteers got out their message.

Amanda Lockhart-Davis is a neighbor who hosts her own podcast. Recently, much of the podcast has focused on the search for Mamta.

[...]

Investigators found what appeared to be blood pooling and blood splatter in the home’s main bedroom; the bed appeared to have been moved, blocking a closet; light pink stains were found on bedroom carpeting after the bed was removed; and pools of blood were found in the bathroom “as if something was dragged across the floor,” along with blood pooling on the shower floor, WJLA reported from Friday’s arraignment.

When investigators removed the bathtub, they saw what they believed to be blood in the caulking, WJLA reported.

It’s still unclear to whom the blood found in the couple’s home belongs.

A number of the cleaning supplies Bhatt purchased were also found in the home, which appeared to be in disarray, according to law enforcement details revealed at the arraignment, WJLA said.

Additionally, Bhatt sold his Tesla on August 19, and the house appeared to be packed up with a suitcase ready, items missing from hangers and passports available, WJLA reported.
I'm still stunned after reading this, and I'm sure everyone on this thread feels the same. To summarize, he buys knives at Walmart, two of which are missing, buys cleaning supplies at another Walmart, half-heartedly cleans up what appears to be massive amounts of blood, leaves the recently purchased cleaning supplies in the house, packs a suitcase and has passports at the ready. Oh, and he sold his car. Unlike most killers, he's not putting much energy into pleading "please find my missing wife" or assisting with searches. Instead, he's planning to flee (IMHO). Brazen. LE was wise to charge him promptly. MOO

Culturally, a divorced man isn't exactly prized in South Asian culture. They're considered to be bad luck and a disgrace. A lot of men will hide they've been divorced or had marital issues, because a lot of more traditional families will refuse to marry off their daughters to a divorced man. Remember, South Asians are the least likely to divorce in the entire world, even lower than the Middle East. I think the divorce rate is 1%-2%. With that being said, a divorced woman is also considered bad luck and would face difficulties getting remarried as well. I suspect Mamta felt that she had a good support system in the States (her friends are great people) which gave her the motivation to pursue potential divorce. I also suspect after gaining citizenship, she'd apply for and sponsor her family to come over eventually.

At least in my family's part of South Asia, the female to male ratio is abysmal. I think it's like 875 females per 1,000 males? In the early 1900s it used to be less than 800. Women do have a lot of choices these days in South Asia, at least when it comes to arranged marriages. Arranged marriages aren't like what they used to be a couple decades ago where you're forced to marry someone you've never seen, it's more like "okay, my family recommended someone, I'll meet up with him and his family a couple times and see if I like him or not". Still not so great because I think the best way to actually know someone is to live with them for quite some time, however living with someone before marriage (that isn't part of your immediate family) is still severely frowned upon in South Asia.

The arranged marriage dynamic in South Asia is quite interesting. It's said that you don't just marry a person, you marry their entire family. I read an article that Mamta was having trouble with her in-laws and apparently her MIL wasn't fond of her? Honestly, this is extremely common in many cultures, but it's extremely bad in South Asian culture because it's supposed to be the daughter in law's duty to "appease" the elders. South Asian mothers dote on their sons to an extreme extent, and are willing to excuse certain things that they'd never excuse for their daughters (this doesn't apply to all families of course, but will apply to the majority IMO). When a son gets married, the new daughter in law will face excessive scrutiny and anything minor will be criticized (sometimes the DIL doesn't do anything wrong at all, but gets criticized anyway). Here's a great journal that expands upon the MIL and DIL dynamic in South Asia: Violence Perpetrated by Mothers-in-Law in Northern India: Perceived Frequency, Acceptability, and Options for Survivors - PubMed . Here's another article that elaborates upon the South Asian preference for sons and how women are viewed less than: 5X Fest | How son preference in the South Asian community contributes to the cycle of abuse and violence

I mention the MIL - son, DIL - husband angle because it's well documented and known that in South Asian households many men will give preference to their mother over their wives. So, when there's trouble brewing between the MIL and DIL, it's really, really bad news because at times the husband will also turn against his wife. I'm not sure if this dynamic was happening in the Bhatt household, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Feel like Bhatt was probably going to cook up the story that his "wife ran away" and paint Mamta to be the bad one. Either that or pretend he was never married in the first place. He probably understood what was coming (divorce) and wanted to get rid of Mamta before it could actually go to court. I suspect he was planning to return to Nepal and start a new life there, maybe hoodwink a poor and oblivious woman from a village. I'm actually shocked he didn't take Mamta on a "family trip" or "holiday" back to the homeland/Nepal and murder her there. This is usually the modus operandi of murderous South Asian households. They will take the person they want to get rid off back to South Asia, either hire someone to get rid of them or get rid of them themselves, and then return back to the west. By doing this, it's waaay harder for them to be convicted for a crime or for LE to even bother becoming suspicious sadly...

Honestly, overall, Bhatt was just a dumb dude in general. It's clear he was let go from many jobs because he flat out sucked. He isn't some genius conniving murderous mastermind, everything he did was quite poorly planned and literally everyone suspected him from the start. Hope he rots in prison.

really appreciate your experience and knowledge
thank you

I had the impression, he had already someone for his next marriage. So he was "of interest" to someone, it seems. ;) Maybe, he tried (again) to use a woman, who in turn tried to use him (residence permit comes to mind). MOO

This could potentially explain a lot about the situation, except for the child. I think Mamta must have been more serious about the relationship, to have a child with this guy. She was a nurse, a highly demanded profession, she didn't need to fortify her immigration case. But, she was 27 when she had a child, and she probably really wanted to be the mom. And maybe, just maybe, on the one side, NB's mom disliked Mamta but grew attached to the granddaughter and didn't want to lose access to her, on the other, Naresh, in view of the divorce, didn't want to pay child support.

From day one, I saw something Kelsey Berreth-like in the situation. A girl who grew up in a conservative community, but herself, is independent, resourceful, managing all on her own. She gets coupled with the guy who is below her in any and all ways. She is probably seeing red flags, but thinking that with her strength, and professionalism, and social skills, she'd overcome it. Gets overplayed by a stupid husband and his controlling mom. Her family will end up raising the child.

With PF, his stupidity and lack of knowledge about modern equipment were his undoings. Well, that rodeo nurse Krystal Kenney/Lee, of course, but eventually, all came from poor knowledge of equipment. I don't know if it will be Naresh's situation, although could be, but JMO - the law enforcement should explore his "technology stupidity" angle, because he will never tell what he did to her. JMO.

Investigators found what appeared to be blood pooling and blood splatter in the home’s main bedroom; the bed appeared to have been moved, blocking a closet; light pink stains were found on bedroom carpeting after the bed was removed; and pools of blood were found in the bathroom “as if something was dragged across the floor,” along with blood pooling on the shower floor, WJLA reported from Friday’s arraignment.

When investigators removed the bathtub, they saw what they believed to be blood in the caulking, WJLA reported.

It’s still unclear to whom the blood found in the couple’s home belongs.
Snipped for brevity.

They have Mamta's mother now. They can easily prove who the blood belongs to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back