VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Red bolding mine.
Wouldn't the last person to see Mamta (assuming it was her husband) know more about what she may have been wearing, than the police ?
Anyone else see her before she went missing outside of family ?

Hope she is found safely.
Omo.
I took that to mean that husband who allegedly last saw MKB could not/did not provide Police with a description of what she was last seen wearing. JMO

Nope. The last independent sighting was the 27th, at the hospital. The last time we know she was alive was the 28th, when she spoke to a friend.

Then the timeline jumps to the husband’s account of seeing her last, which was the 31st.
This reminds me of so many cases we have followed. Unfortunately I think this will have the same ending as most of them. I just hope they can recover her. This guy doesn't seem so smart. Jmoo

This reminds me of so many cases we have followed. Unfortunately I think this will have the same ending as most of them. I just hope they can recover her. This guy doesn't seem so smart. Jmoo
Yup. Troubled marriage. Husband the last one to see her. Police saying that they don’t believe she is voluntarily missing.

Normally we don’t get that last part, even when we know it’s the case.

I finally remembered the case this keeps reminding me of… Mahfuza Rahman. She, too, was last seen after leaving a nursing shift. Her husband told authorities she left to go back to Bangladesh… then he also left the country with their child during the investigation. She has yet to be found.

There's an extended interview with the husband here. In cases like this we generally find ourselves wishing later that reporters asked certain questions. She asks some really good ones here, and we get some clarity on some things:

He never contacted police when she left before.

When he was searching for his wife in those early days (before the report), he says that he was just driving around and looking outside the places where she typically went.

She was supposed to work the next morning, after their alleged dinner on the 31st.

It doesn't sound like they typically slept in the same bedroom, and he makes reference to one of them apparently sleeping on the floor when they did sleep in the same room. On the night in question, his last memory is allegedly of him hearing his wife in the kitchen after dinner (he and the baby had supposedly gone upstairs to bed).

The body language alone says it all.
Did he ever say say, I love my wife? Did I miss it?
Moo

Well of course he is , maybe b/c it's all about him ? :mad:
Smh.

Maybe they need to get HRD dogs in that house ?
If any clues are to be found -- I'd start there !
Omo.
I’m hoping a search warrant will be issued soon…the police know way more than we do, imo I don’t think they have to look very far to find her

AUG 17, 2024
Five days before a Virginia nurse’s husband formally reported her missing, signs of trouble mounted.

On July 31, she did not call her mother in Nepal, as she had faithfully done every morning and evening, to share the mundane — what she ate that day — and the significant — the milestones her infant daughter was hitting, her brother said in an interview.

[...]
  • After LE visited the home her brother pleaded with his brother-in-law on Aug. 4 to call authorities.
  • Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan.
  • Mamta briefly had her own apartment in Falls Church.
  • Also in February, posts from Mamta's FB account began appearing in a closed group for single mothers in the DMV area, asking for help.
  • In posts on Feb. 6 and 16, Bhatt seeks advice from the group on navigating a separation and retaining custody of her baby.
  • In follow-up comments, she posts about being new to the US, where to go for legal help and worried about money.
  • While Mamta's brother fights to obtain a visa to come search for his sister, he implores the community to continue searching.

Last edited:
AUG 17, 2024
Five days before a Virginia nurse’s husband formally reported her missing, signs of trouble mounted.

On July 31, she did not call her mother in Nepal, as she had faithfully done every morning and evening, to share the mundane — what she ate that day — and the significant — the milestones her infant daughter was hitting, her brother said in an interview.

[...]
  • After LE visited the home her brother pleaded with his brother-in-law on Aug. 4 to call authorities.
  • Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan.
  • Mamta briefly had her own apartment in Falls Church.
  • Also in February, posts from Mamta's FB account began appearing in a closed group for single mothers in the DMV area, asking for help.
  • In posts on Feb. 6 and 16, Bhatt seeks advice from the group on navigating a separation and retaining custody of her baby.
  • In follow-up comments, she posts about being new to the US, where to go for legal help and worried about money.
  • While Mamta's brother fights to obtain a visa to come search for his sister, he implores the community to continue searching.
This helps with the timeline. It moves things to as early as the 30th, and as late at the 31st.

More details from Pommy's link:

Neupane first met Bhatt because her husband was friends with Naresh Bhatt, 37. Neupane said that the couple had an arranged marriage in 2020 and that Mamta Bhatt immigrated to the United States in 2021. A fellow nurse from Nepal, Neupane said she helped Bhatt navigate becoming a registered nurse in the United States.

Marking a welfare check as “complete” without making direct contact with the subject is not entirely unusual, said Ian Adams, a policing scholar at the University of South Carolina. If police make contact with a person close to the subject, such as a husband, that can also be considered sufficient, Adams said, adding that officers’ ability to probe further is limited in a noncriminal call.

“Police have to be sort of careful around these sorts of things,” Adams said. “It’s not the case that a welfare check gives you the right to barge into homes or start conducting a criminal investigation.”

An important question that we don't have the answer to, is how she got to work everyday. I get the impression that they do not have two cars, so if he thinks she's gone to work on the 1st, then how did she get there?

An important question that we don't have the answer to, is how she got to work everyday. I get the impression that they do not have two cars, so if he thinks she's gone to work on the 1st, then how did she get there?
Perhaps a ride share service as she did when she was staying with her friend?

Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, she said, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan to ensure she could coordinate ride-share trips to her shifts at the hospital.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/08/17/mamta-bhatt-missing-mother-manassas-park/

Perhaps a ride share service as she did when she was staying with her friend?

Bhatt and her baby arrived at Neupane’s home in February without money, a car or a working phone, she said, so Neupane bought her a used phone and added her to her family’s phone plan to ensure she could coordinate ride-share trips to her shifts at the hospital.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/08/17/mamta-bhatt-missing-mother-manassas-park/
Ok that makes sense. It’s only about 5 miles away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back