VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • Police chief won't be answering questions, will just be giving a statement.
  • Answers are limited as this is still an active investigation.
  • The investigation is their top priority.
  • Over 10 search warrants conducted, including the one this evening.
  • Will continue to meet with Nepali community on a weekly basis.

Police chief:

Although answers are limited by the ongoing investigation, it remains a top priority. Will provide details as able.

10 search warrants/hundreds of interviews. To include tonight’s search warrant at the house.

Could have simply made a press release…

Wow, that was a VERY short press conference

The Chief came back to the podium and said the search warrant will take another 3 to 4 hours to complete

The Chief has identified the husband as a person of interest, and said he's always been a person of interest

The husband is NOT cooperating with the investigation

"He's been a person of interest, everybody knows that."
Husband NOT COOPERATING.
On the whole, calling someone a person of interest is rare these days.

Normally they’d just search the house and tell us it’s part of normal protocol, despite us knowing better.

If you’re going to turn up the heat like that, you’d better have the baby. I imagine they do.

A few questions I'm mulling over post-press conference:

- Does the husband still have custody of the daughter?

- Who was in the house at the time the search warrant was served? (IIRC during the interview with the husband there was the silhouette of another adult in the background)

- If the husband is a person of interest as the police have stated, has his passport been confiscated (possibly one of the 10 search warrants)?

AUG 21, 2024
Navarro said she spent time with Kafle's baby, Neema, on Tuesday, the little girl's first birthday.

"She's struggling with missing her mom," Navarro said.

"Even if it doesn't come easily, we will get justice for Mamta," Navarro said. "There are so many people who love and care for her."

A few questions I'm mulling over post-press conference:

- Does the husband still have custody of the daughter?

- Who was in the house at the time the search warrant was served? (IIRC during the interview with the husband there was the silhouette of another adult in the background)

- If the husband is a person of interest as the police have stated, has his passport been confiscated (possibly one of the 10 search warrants)?
From your post a page back, it definitely seemed that LE was gathering things for the baby as if they might be taking her into custody. MOO

BREAKING: Chief Mario Lugo just announced the husband is in fact a person of interest and that he’s no longer cooperating. The community is reacting strongly. They feel he’s not giving enough answers.
@wusa9

These people have absolutely no idea how criminal investigations work. I understand that, but I don’t have to like it.

In fact, it makes me irrationally angry when I see stuff like this. You are not entitled to information that will destroy an ongoing investigation. It’s clear this is being taken seriously, and has been taken seriously for a long time (based on the number of warrants and interviews).

These people will pull this crap until he is arrested, and then claim credit.

<snipped>
Manassas Park's police department has listed Bhatt as missing involuntarily, because in the days after her disappearance, a check of her credit cards, bank statements and phone showed no activity.

Virginia Northern Regional Crime Lab located in Manassas, Prince William County. I noticed Prince William County is assisting and on-site at the house.

I think they'll have forensics back quickly.

Now that he is POI:

Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Graphic

Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)​

Government of Nepal (GoN)

Issued Mar 2011 Expires Mar 2023

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics