GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wvec.com/video/index.html?nvid=309826

Defense said that he was questioned 6 hours before LE read him his miranda rights

At any time they could have left...and you don't get read your miranda rights unless your under arrest. He could have lawyered up or left...besides the entire interview is on tape...the defense would have proof of any improprieties. I think the defense knows he has an uphill climb and is posturing for the media...IMHO

I bet that video was loaded with incriminating evidence. For example, whether she had fixed and eaten the mac & cheese, which would give a more approximate time of death. And I was also wondering, did he show up at the walk or memorial they had for Meghan if he knew about her being murdered? I remember one of the reports stating they wanted to view TV footage of certain events. If in fact he is found guilty, he must have just snapped. It is crazy. Meghan's parents will definately get the answers they've been searching for. But the crazy thing about it all is the way this guy supposedly carried on a normal life after the murder if he is the killer.

I don't think he just snapped. It sounds premeditated to me. The binding, the tape...

I've heard of cases where "A" likes (as in dating) "B" and "B" doesn't like "A". "A" takes that rejection to heart to the point where they explode. Look at the past several killings by youth, teens, young adults. They were outcast that didn't fit in with their peers. (Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc,)?

Does anyone know if she was sexually assulted? I'm wondering if that was his purpose for going to her house or if it was just to kill her. If she was sexually assulted he may have come on to her and she rejected his advances and that might have made him angry and he ended up raping and murdering her.

I haven't seen anything posted as fact that she was raped.

I've heard of cases where "A" likes (as in dating) "B" and "B" doesn't like "A". "A" takes that rejection to heart to the point where they explode. Look at the past several killings by youth, teens, young adults. They were outcast that didn't fit in with their peers. (Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc,)?

I don't think Barnes was an outcast he has many supporters from the school and community...I think he had people fooled about who he really is...and if he is guilty (which the evidence points to) he has a mental illness or he is spoiled rotten and could have snapped by not getting his way...hopefully the messages from myspace and the computers will tell more of what was going on between he and Meghan.Ive read that some of the kids didn't know he and Meghan even knew each other and others say they were close...

Doubt it...wonder why they didn't want the tape played in court?

I would like to know if they have Robert on tape telling them about the masked man or did he forget that part until after he was arrested...

I don't think he just snapped. It sounds premeditated to me. The binding, the tape...

From what I read the tape and weapons used were from Meghan's house he didn't bring them ...I wonder iif his intentions were to rape her and she fought him said she was going to tell or something...It will be interesting to see the phone records to see if he called her before he came ...

His trial is opened to the public. Does that mean all you have to do is call the court house and find out the date to attend his trial?

I think you will see in the months to come that this case will be very interesting and you will see just exactly the mind set of this disturbed young adult.

Guess my hopes of serving on Jury Duty for this case is shot, I know so much about it.

Gayle, I'm not sure how they will pick a jury. It seems most people believe "yes, he did it," or "no, he couldn't possibly have." Doesn't seem to be too many middle of the road people. Of course I'm only judging by the people that have posted on the internet (not just here).

I hope he does get a fair trial, and I think he will. I wouldn't want anyone to be punished for something that they didn't do (especially a seventeen year old).

I don't know that I could sit through his trial. I had a difficult time reading the latest articles that gave more information. All I think about is how frightened she must have been (and this was someone that was supposed to be her friend) and there was no one there to help her.

I would like to know if they have Robert on tape telling them about the masked man or did he forget that part until after he was arrested...
I don't know what's on the tape but I'm sure that all or part of that tape will eventually be played in the courts case.

From the article linked earlier... Sequeira said police collected 387 pieces of evidence from the crime scene.

"There was blood all over the place," he said. Investigators found several shoe prints of Nike Air shoes around the body and from the body to the kitchen sink, he said.

"They got DNA samples from a skirt and underwear, a blanket, sheet, pillowcases, and a plastic tape roller under the bed in an upstairs bedroom.

Downstairs, Sequeira said, they took DNA samples from the faucet, spray handle and a knife left in the kitchen sink."

I'm thinking he brought the tape with him, so premeditated. The tape gagged her mouth and the roller was found under a bed. Her body was found in the dinning room, the bedroom with the tape roller was upstairs. There must have been a big struggle though the house as she tried to get away.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/12/youth-charged-landowski-killing-be-tried-circuit-court

So was the tape that he used from the tape roller? I wonder if they had been in the bedroom and things started to go to far for her and she tried to stop him? By then it was to late and he taped her up and raped her and then stabbed her to death. She must have gotten away from him at some point and ended up downstair where he stabbed her to death.

I'm wondering if he wasn't invited to her house by her. She may have had a crush on him and asked him to come over but to come through the bedroom window so that no one would see him as her parents didn't allow her to have company when they were gone. He went over expecting more then what she was willing to give and it ended with her dead.

Or he could have wanted to rape her, brought the tape with him as he broke into her bedroom window. Remember he had that rapist picture on his myspace? Maybe he wanted to try it for himself. My guess is that he had a mask on, tried to rape her and had to kill her when she fought him and pulled the mask off. I don't think he went there to kill, he went there to rape... IMO

Did her house have a back door? Seems if she invited him over, he would have come in through a back door to keep from being notice. If he came in through a rear window, that doesn't sound like he was invited over. And I don't know why, but I just get the feeling that they weren't there alone? Not to say whether he committed the crime or not, I just keep getting this gut feeling that there was one or more people at that house.

When Robert says there was a "masked stranger" there, I think he was talking about himself. I really think that's the key, he is telling what happened in a way. "He," the masked stranger broke in though the bedroom window. He wanted to rape. He didn't expect the fight he got. His mask came off and he had to kill her. No one could know.

Did her house have a back door? Seems if she invited him over, he would have come in through a back door to keep from being notice. If he came in through a rear window, that doesn't sound like he was invited over. And I don't know why, but I just get the feeling that they weren't there alone? Not to say whether he committed the crime or not, I just keep getting this gut feeling that there was one or more people at that house.

Yes, I'm pretty sure her house has a back door. Her house backs up to a an area behind a Food Lion grocery store. I don't think anyone would have noticed if he climbed the fence to get in her backyard. The back of Food Lion also has townhomes directly behind it. They all have privacy fences so unless someone was upstairs looking out their window they wouldn't have seen him back there. Even if they did I'm not sure they would have thought anything about it. I originally thought that there was a privacy fence. When I went to the store I noticed that it changes from a privacy to about a three/four foot chain link. Not difficult to get over at all. Granted if I wanted to see the back of her house I would have to walk or drive to the back of the store and I don't want to do that.

I'm still trying to figure out how he got from Meghan's house to back home (if that's where he went). Even taking the back roads I feel like someone would have seen him (he had to have blood on him). He has to cross Portsmouth Blvd. which is a busy street.

Where her house is it would back up to a house on the street behind her mimosa rd and there is a ditch behind her house . They have a privacy fence so if she was going to let him in the back door would of been just as private

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back