VA VA - Michael, 50, Mary, 36, & Jennifer Short, 9, Bassett, 15 Aug 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vile Virginia podcast finally covers this case in Episode 16. Again, like a lot of other podcasts, there is nothing new here. BUT it does provide some needed renewed coverage. Exposure and to let whoever did this know that this isn't forgotten.
Episode 16 - The Story of the Murdered Family — poking the underbelly of the old dominion

Its hard, Sheriff's Dept won't release any good clues. Its all BIG a secret. They had to dig up the bodies cause they forgot to get DNA.
Moo..

That's will not happening Sheriff Cassell was running a racketeering. prostitution and drug ring. The Sheriff and his deputies were really busy with "the business". New Sheriff is mum....

Henry County Sheriff's Office (Virginia) - Wikipedia
New Sheriff is what mum what ?
I don't know if there is other ex cops who did those shady business left the Law Force or move to another police state before the discovery 2006 Corruptions of HCPD

I know this is a unfair on the actor as I am sure the actor like most people is a very nice man but to me he does look like the suspect the witness described seeing in the truck with the cap on:

56030daebd86ef15008bc7d5-750-563.jpg

Mike Rowe's advice to 20-somethings: Just take a bite of the sh-- sandwich

shortamailysuspect.jpg

The Short Family Murder ~True Crime Diva

I know this is a unfair on the actor as I am sure the actor like most people is a very nice man but to me he does look like the suspect the witness described seeing in the truck with the cap on:

56030daebd86ef15008bc7d5-750-563.jpg

Mike Rowe's advice to 20-somethings: Just take a bite of the sh-- sandwich

shortamailysuspect.jpg

The Short Family Murder ~True Crime Diva

Of course it is worth making the point the actor Mike Rowe is a nice man and of course not anything like the vile individual that threw Jennifer Short's body in a ditch and that is why those Bikers go looking for him each year.

I guess nobody knows who the killer is. ( this thread been very quiet , not much talking or theorise going on )
When it comes to theories, I am completely lost on this one. The motive would seem to be obvious - sexual assault. Was the killer local? He would seem to have to be as he knew where they lived. I can't get over how one lady turned in a tip very early on and LE didn't do anything. Had she not called back later and asked why LE didn't follow-up with her we would not have the sketch or vehicle info. Given that sloppy performance, what else did LE miss?

When it comes to theories, I am completely lost on this one. The motive would seem to be obvious - sexual assault. Was the killer local? He would seem to have to be as he knew where they lived. I can't get over how one lady turned in a tip very early on and LE didn't do anything. Had she not called back later and asked why LE didn't follow-up with her we would not have the sketch or vehicle info. Given that sloppy performance, what else did LE miss?
To me it kinda odd , they would have announced some piece like whether it confirms or not .

To me it kinda odd , they would have announced some piece like whether it confirms or not .

I live in Martinsville and the case is still talked about pretty often. It would take me forever to read through all 28 pages of this thread. If you guys could help give me names of people you all suspect so I don’t have to read through everything, I’m curious if anyone on this website has discussed who local people here discuss.

I live in Martinsville and the case is still talked about pretty often. It would take me forever to read through all 28 pages of this thread. If you guys could help give me names of people you all suspect so I don’t have to read through everything, I’m curious if anyone on this website has discussed who local people here discuss.
Hello Lindseym

I only heard of this case since 2018 on that YouTube Crime Watch Daily ( True Crime Daily ) and I'm the only guy in UK heard about this case

I only heard of this case since 2018 on that YouTube Crime Watch Daily ( True Crime Daily ) and I'm the only guy in UK heard about this case

Makes sense. This is a very small town and I think certain people here probably tried to keep it as quiet as you can keep a case like this.

Makes sense. This is a very small town and I think certain people here probably tried to keep it as quiet as you can keep a case like this.
So what you think happened to The Shorts ? What the motive killer has against them ?

So what you think happened to The Shorts ? What the motive killer has against them ?

I will have to re read everything and read some more news article and listen to that podcast again. I’ve heard different things, something about money owed for card games, something about his business threatened someone else’s business so they killed him or had them killed. It could all be small town rumors but there is one man that’s name has come up a few times.

There one suspect they have his name is Garrison Bowman but they released him due to no evidence linked to the murders but I heard he was deceased in 2014 .
But I think he is innocent

I will have to re read everything and read some more news article and listen to that podcast again. I’ve heard different things, something about money owed for card games, something about his business threatened someone else’s business so they killed him or had them killed. It could all be small town rumors but there is one man that’s name has come up a few times.

Yeah, I heard about him in the podcast but I don’t think it was him either. Read the article I think you linked from last year and read who the quotes are from. Not the sheriff but the other man.

Hi Double,

You might well know more about this case than I do because I sometimes struggle with cases but I am also from the UK and last time I looked I was a male Sumatran Tiger if not the most macho or fearsome one. Of course it is not about the length of time you study cases but I have studied this case for quite a few years. Not a competition though. Cheers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back