Found Safe VA - Monica, 29, Kai, 7, & Oria Lamping, 11 mos, Virginia Beach, 21 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://wavy.com/2017/01/22/two-pets-died-in-virginia-beach-fire/

[FONT=&quot]Investigators with the Virginia Beach Police Department consider Lamping and her children to be missing and endangered under “suspicious circumstances.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In an update on Tuesday, police said there was no information indicating foul play.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Police also said they were looking to identify a person named Chad. It is unknown who this person is or how he might be connected to the investigation.[/FONT]

its possible the baby is also her ex.... and he moved on fast or they split while she was pregnant.

ETA sorry I saw it was clarified upthread.

My guess is, she's left willingly with Chad and the children, and her house burned down because a space heater was inadvertently left on.

I am curious about Moira Lamping, who states that Kai is her stepson. So Kai's father now has a new wife - and the baby also named Lamping that is Monica's isn't the same father of Kai? So there's a kind of recent man there who fathered Oria but he didn't even give her his name?

I question the wording.

she might just have to NOTIFY him, not GET APPROVAL.... however, either way, my own ex trusted me with my kids interests and didn't really ask that I tell him every time my kids missed school. we were civil. my husband and his ex are NOT civil and they are supposed to NOTIFY each other. Getting approval is what the parent who does not have legal custody has to get from the parent with sole legal custody. most parents have shared legal custody unless there is some reason why not. and since dad lives in FL and is active military, mom prob has primary physical and would likely in turn have at least joint legal..... active military parents have to have a "family care plan" in case of deployment (the other parent usually).

either misquoted, the step mom misquoted the CO or they are controlling.

I did see the step mom Kai dad new wife post that Monica was very cooperative in regards to kai missing school and that it had to be approved by the father That does not sound like a happy go lucky scenario to me ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I question the wording.

she might just have to NOTIFY him, not GET APPROVAL.... however, either way, my own ex trusted me with my kids interests and didn't really ask that I tell him every time my kids missed school. we were civil. my husband and his ex are NOT civil and they are supposed to NOTIFY each other. Getting approval is what the parent who does not have legal custody has to get from the parent with sole legal custody. most parents have shared legal custody unless there is some reason why not. and since dad lives in FL and is active military, mom prob has primary physical and would likely in turn have at least joint legal..... active military parents have to have a "family care plan" in case of deployment (the other parent usually).

Interesting! I never would have caught that nuance without you pointing it out. Of course, we don't know if it was a misstatement, misquote, or a clue, but it does give us something to watch for as we learn more.

Thanks for the info.

There's an interesting comment from a NR on one of the most recent posts on the FB page that would put a slightly different spin on things (though the comment itself reports the information as a rumor, so it's not in any way reliable at this point). I think it would make it a bit more likely (though certainly not guaranteed) that they left voluntarily. The FB page certainly makes it sound like they're sure that the family is not in the house, which comports with my original understanding.

There's an interesting comment from a NR on one of the most recent posts on the FB page that would put a slightly different spin on things (though the comment itself reports the information as a rumor, so it's not in any way reliable at this point). I think it would make it a bit more likely (though certainly not guaranteed) that they left voluntarily. The FB page certainly makes it sound like they're sure that the family is not in the house, which comports with my original understanding.

Can you give a clue about which post on the page?

I can't see how this would be voluntarily missing. I think it has the vibe of a hit to it.
Hope to learn more soon.

I can't see how this would be voluntarily missing. I think it has the vibe of a hit to it.
Hope to learn more soon.

That's my reaction as well.

Hope we're wrong and she and the kids will be found in safety.

jmo

I deal with it alllll the time... my husband ex will tell him shizz like "ss is sick, but you can pick him up" he replies "yea, I planned on it, it wasn't up to you". she is constantly trying to act like she runs everything.

Interesting! I never would have caught that nuance without you pointing it out. Of course, we don't know if it was a misstatement, misquote, or a clue, but it does give us something to watch for as we learn more.

Thanks for the info.

A Virginia woman and her two young children have disappeared and their family home burned to the ground after the single mother went on a blind date.

dd7f4e33f956ac084fd77b05d5d1a67e.jpg

Lots more info and pics in link below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-4152004/index.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I question the wording.

One thing I noticed the dad or step mom are def not on her Facebook friend list..

IMO, COULD she have picked her kids up after the date with the intention of doing the babysitting job but her car acted up again so she cancelled it and talked to this Chad guy AFTER the 10:30pm call with her friend requesting a ride. He says "Drive your car over here etc and I will give you a ride home and work on the car tomorrow" she loads the kids up to go over, leaving the space heater on thinking she would be right back, he does something foolish and now they're missing and the house burned down. Again, just throwing this out there. Do they know what gas station the two met? Need phone records and video asap. As for the roommate or other adult living in the house, this was a Sat night, she could have stayed out for the evening. IMO
That was a little of my thoughts. Cancelled Babysitting because of car and getting help from mechanic Chad. Maybe she broke down on the drive.

That was a little of my thoughts. Cancelled Babysitting because of car and getting help from mechanic Chad. Maybe she broke down on the drive.

Was the cancellation made by text? I'm always skeptical in a missing case about the last communications by text. Anyone can type a message from anyone's phone, ykwim?

jmo

I did see the step mom Kai dad new wife post that Monica was very cooperative in regards to kai missing school and that it had to be approved by the father That does not sound like a happy go lucky scenario to me ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you provide a link to the article where you read this? I did see this bit below about Kai and school but not what you reference about cooperative about school absences? Thanks,

“I have every reason to believe that she would do whatever it would take to get him to school on time,” said Kevin Lamping http://wavy.com/2017/01/22/two-pets-died-in-virginia-beach-fire/

Hope to learn more soon.

Ok....I must watch too much ID channel. The first thing that comes to mind when I read this post is "Jealousy...either someone she's dated or dating or the ex of someone...or the current of someone...." Just my personal random thoughts but these are the things that make me go "hmmmmm"

Was the cancellation made by text? I'm always skeptical in a missing case about the last communications by text. Anyone can type a message from anyone's phone, ykwim?

jmo

Per the public Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/findmonicalamping/posts/ a post made by DS on 1/22 is a must read for this question. The text Monica sent to her friend has additional detail attached which was not included in MSM articles, or any that I've read. See what you think...

If you search down on the FB page "Locate the Missing" under Monica Lamping's missing post, it looks like someone has been in contact with the roommate of Monica. I hope it's okay to post what she said...She states that the roommate wasn't there at the time of the fire and isn't missing. The pets that were killed were the roommates. Initials of the poster are A.W. and it begins with "I'm about 30 minutes from there..." posted 13 hours ago. I hope they find this family okay.

Link to Locate the Missing:
https://www.facebook.com/missingcases/?hc_location=ufi
AW tags someone who loved the pets that were killed in the fire. A dog and cat who look like best buds. Possibly the roommate. So sad. Much ❤❤

Is it possible she went missing voluntarily and is in hiding? She probably knew the roommate wasn't home that night so wouldn't be hurt in fire. (Hard to believe she would knowingly harm the pets, but if she believed what she was doing was for her children, the pets would not be priority.)

Just tossing another idea out there. IDK.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back