Found Safe VA - Monica, 29, Kai, 7, & Oria Lamping, 11 mos, Virginia Beach, 21 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Also family reported that they think her phone was "spotted" in the vicinity of her home..."

WTF does that mean?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY what i was thinking. Maybe in the debris from the fire? But you'd think they'd say that? This is a troubling case....

EXACTLY what i was thinking. Maybe in the debris from the fire? But you'd think they'd say that? This is a troubling case....
Perhaps word of mouth via a firefighter to family? Moo
LE may not have wanted that info to get out. Moo
It does appear from pics that some parts of the home was not damaged by fire but perhaps smoke.

Ditz claimer:
(Falls in the shower are real! I hurt my back and I am on percocet so my words are either many at once jumbled or very few...still...possibly jumbled) sigh.

Shell and Lamping exchanged text messages that night, with the last one being sent by the missing woman about 10:30 p.m., Shell said. Lamping texted that “Chad” was a mechanic and had agreed to fix her car, Shell said, adding that she assumed Chad was the name of the man she had gone out with.

Lamping asked Shell if she could drive her to Chad’s house in the morning to pick the car up. In their last text exchange, Shell asked Lamping if she thought it would be ready in the morning and her friend replied, “Yup, I think so.”

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/m...cle_9a5bd125-97d6-5ef9-b8f5-5a4cdbbaeac1.html

It was reported to have pinged at 7am in front of her house, fire was around 3ish and car in tunnel 2ish all in a 30-45 miles or so radius. So who is this Chad ?

Shell and Lamping exchanged text messages that night, with the last one being sent by the missing woman about 10:30 p.m., Shell said. Lamping texted that “Chad” was a mechanic and had agreed to fix her car, Shell said, adding that she assumed Chad was the name of the man she had gone out with.

Lamping asked Shell if she could drive her to Chad’s house in the morning to pick the car up. In their last text exchange, Shell asked Lamping if she thought it would be ready in the morning and her friend replied, “Yup, I think so.”

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/m...cle_9a5bd125-97d6-5ef9-b8f5-5a4cdbbaeac1.html

Okay if I'm reading this correctly, was her car at Chad's house ? That leads me to assume she was not driving the car when it was spotted at 2AM in the tunnel.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but who is the father of the 9 month old?

It was reported to have pinged at 7am in front of her house, fire was around 3ish and car in tunnel 2ish all in a 30-45 miles or so radius. So who is this Chad ?

Do you have a source for the phone ping? I apologize in advance if it's already been listed upthread.

Well that's not good. That means at some point that evening Chad picked up the car or she took it to him. I'm assuming he was to drive her back, seeing as she would need a rid ethe next morning to pick it up......

I am also finding the fire is too much of a coincidence. Are they absolutely sure no bodies found in it? My guess if she had car trouble she would call Chad to come to her. I find it disheartening she would call a guy she just met when she had her kids with her for help. She had family, friends, and at least 1 of the kid's fathers close by. A man I just met the day before would be the last person I would call for help. This Chad person needs to come forward if he was not involved but since he hasn't, something is off here.

I am also finding the fire is too much of a coincidence. Are they absolutely sure no bodies found in it? My guess if she had car trouble she would call Chad to come to her. I find it disheartening she would call a guy she just met when she had her kids with her for help. She had family, friends, and at least 1 of the kid's fathers close by. A man I just met the day before would be the last person I would call for help. This Chad person needs to come forward if he was not involved but since he hasn't, something is off here.

It would be virtually impossible for the FD to miss a body. It may have been a terrible coincidence . FD sounds positive it was the space heater. There is an entire science to FD stating what caused the fire. I have a hard time believing someone who would want to cover a murder scene hoping a space heater would destroy . There are many other ways to burn a house down that would get the job done more quickly and with a guarantee evidence would be destroyed.

Maybe there is no Chad.

I don't know what to think, but I am keeping the theory on the table that there is no Chad. Jmo

The last time the neighbor saw Lamping was Thursday or Friday, when she said she saw Lamping putting a big plastic bag of things in the back of her Jeep.

“She only had one bag, but it was huge.”

From the link in post 90.

Did this jump out at anyone else?

The last time the neighbor saw Lamping was Thursday or Friday, when she said she saw Lamping putting a big plastic bag of things in the back of her Jeep.

“She only had one bag, but it was huge.”

From the link in post 90.

Did this jump out at anyone else?

YES!!! What the heck is in the bag!?

The other thing I'm wondering - is it normal for the firemen to have gone to the ex husbands house?

I think part of what make this seems so suspicious to me is that Chad really *does* seem like it could be a fake name (with apologies to all the actual "Chad"s out there, I know you exist.) I grew up in the heart of preppy-dom in the 80s -- and even I only knew one Chad (well, "Chadwick") and that's typically the crowd I associate that name with. Maybe I'm letting my own prejudices drive my opinions, but it does make my eyebrows go up a little -- especially when you add in the OTHER similar story with a fake Chad.

I agree that, if the fire WAS an attempt to cover up some evidence of wrong-doing, a space heater seems like a really risky way of doing that. The whole issue with unattended space heaters is that they're dangerous b/c they *might* cause a fire -- which means, on the flip side, that they might NOT. If there is something that you really want gone, I'd think you'd use a more sure-fire method. That makes me put more stock in the idea that maybe there really IS a series of coincidences at work here? Like, these three separate events: the date/Chad, the fire, the disappearance -- are all unrelated; Chad was just a date, the fire was an accident, the disappearance was intentional but not related to the other two. That leaves the question of what would drive a young mother, with apparently strong family bonds & a decent relationship with the father of one of her kids, to voluntarily split with her kids with no warning like that (and maybe with a bag of clothes, etc, in the back of her car).

I hope they're found safe.

I agree that, if the fire WAS an attempt to cover up some evidence of wrong-doing, a space heater seems like a really risky way of doing that. The whole issue with unattended space heaters is that they're dangerous b/c they *might* cause a fire -- which means, on the flip side, that they might NOT. If there is something that you really want gone, I'd think you'd use a more sure-fire method. That makes me put more stock in the idea that maybe there really IS a series of coincidences at work here? Like, these three separate events: the date/Chad, the fire, the disappearance -- are all unrelated; Chad was just a date, the fire was an accident, the disappearance was intentional but not related to the other two. That leaves the question of what would drive a young mother, with apparently strong family bonds & a decent relationship with the father of one of her kids, to voluntarily split with her kids with no warning like that (and maybe with a bag of clothes, etc, in the back of her car).

I hope they're found safe.

Someone could have pushed the space heater up against the curtains or piled newspapers around it or put it face-down on the rug, something like that.... They may have made sure it was already burning before they left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back