Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was she getting a ride with someone else if she had driven her car? And where was she getting a ride to? This was a concert she was so excited about and had wanted to see and had tickets 6 months in advance for.

And why would she just take off leaving her friends with no ride back to Harrisonburg? Has she displayed this behavior before with those friends or others? If so, don't know that I'd be her friend...

Obviously none of these other friends had the keys to her car or they would have driven it back to Harrisonburg?
The reporting on this is deplorable DANG.

That's what I wanted to know. How did the friends get back to ..... well where did they go back to? Did they go to a party afterwards? If so where?

So much we dont know that are pretty easy questions. *sigh*

Ok, so the friends are saying that she left to go outside but left her ticket inside. Why would she leave her ticket? Even if she were just going to one of the designated smoking areas or a bathroom, I would think that she would have to show her ticket stub to return to the seating area. Also, where would she leave it? Her purse was found outside, so she didn't leave it in her purse. Maybe she had it in a jacket pocket? I would think that she would want to have her jacket on if she was going outside.

Ugh...why can't we get a straight answer as to who drove? It doesn't make sense that she would not only abandon her friends two hours away from home, but her car too. It has to be a mistake in the reporting.

I have a quick question- has LE ever came out in said that, for a 100% certainty Morgan drove to the concert? I'm not sure where everyone is getting that from. Everything I'm reading states she did not drive..she rode with two friends to JMU to pick up another friend, then they all went to the concert.

Here's one of the places:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/breaking/wb/223079

put together with:

Dave Gardner i don't know morgan but parked next to her at the concert and spoke with her before going in. i did not see her afterwards but did notice the car she came in with the others waiting on her as we left. i called the police but not sure my knowle...dge adds anything, except keeping her in my thoughts/prayers.Read MoreYesterday at 8:12pm · View Feedback (9)Hide Feedback (9) · Report

from: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&v=wall&ref=search

Still doesn't say that Morgan herself drove, but it points to her car as the primary transportation to the concert and her friends hanging around it waiting on her afterwards. What LE does and doesn't say will be telling.

C6

Hink! If she left her ticket inside, why didn't one of her "friends" take it to her?? I still think it's possible she never made it to the arena....

It is possible that they knew other people from VA Tech that were at the concert. So maybe she told the friends she was getting a ride from someone else they knew.

I dont believe that she would have gone outside to talk on her cell phone b/c she couldn't not hear inside. It seems like most of the teens/young adults do a lot of texting. I am guessing her phone holds some clues.

Hink! If she left her ticket inside, why didn't one of her "friends" take it to her?? I still think it's possible she never made it to the arena....

This is the policy at JPJ:

Reentry
Exiting and reentering with the same ticket is not permitted.

Quoted from: http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/about.asp

It seems that even if she had the ticket - she still could not have reentered the building.

Ok, so the friends are saying that she left to go outside but left her ticket inside. Why would she leave her ticket? Even if she were just going to one of the designated smoking areas or a bathroom, I would think that she would have to show her ticket stub to return to the seating area. Also, where would she leave it? Her purse was found outside, so she didn't leave it in her purse. Maybe she had it in a jacket pocket? I would think that she would want to have her jacket on if she was going outside.

Ugh...why can't we get a straight answer as to who drove? It doesn't make sense that she would not only abandon her friends two hours away from home, but her car too. It has to be a mistake in the reporting.

It would make more sense if it were her friend's car, since if it were Morgan's the friends would either have the keys and leave in Morgan's car without her(unlikely) or be forced to find a way back to Harrisonburg. However, the early reports were specific about her car being left in the arena lot, so we'll have to wait on this important detail to be clarified.

I have a quick question- has LE ever came out in said that, for a 100% certainty Morgan drove to the concert? I'm not sure where everyone is getting that from. Everything I'm reading states she did not drive..she rode with two friends to JMU to pick up another friend, then they all went to the concert.

All that's absolute is Morgan is missing.

Confusing isn't it! Hopefully we'll get some solid details from the news conference this afternoon.

1. Who drove what car?
2. What time did she leave the concert hall? and why did she say she was leaving?
3. Did she call/text the girls saying she could not get back into the building?
4. Did she call/text saying she would 'find her own ride home" or did one of the girls call her and that is what she told them? Did any such conversation ever really happen & if so, what time?
5. We heard her wallet, ID and telephone(battery missing) were found in her purse somewhere in the parking lot. Was any cash in her wallet?
6. Was the purse near the car the girls drove down in?
7. Was the purse found that night or the next day after her father called in to report her missing?
7. How did the friends get back home IF it was her car that was driven to the concert?

LE MUST have her phone records by now, so hopefully they have a good idea who she had been communicating with that day into evening, and maybe they'll confirm a timeline.

PS: We still need her DATE of BIRTH

This is the policy at JPJ:

Reentry
Exiting and reentering with the same ticket is not permitted.

Quoted from: http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/about.asp

It seems that even if she had the ticket - she still could not have reentered the building.

Thanks! This whole scenario of her leaving the arena is making less sense by the minute. Hopefully, the story her "friends" are telling makes sense to LE and the media is just messing things up.

I agree and I was confused about the same thing. Could it be that she drove to harrisonburg, met the friends there, and they all drove from there to the concert in her car? But I thought I read (or heard) that her car was in Harrisonburg. Good gravy. Reporting where the freakin car is shouldn't be that difficult. DANG (expletive here) That is a crucial piece of the puzzle. If it were her car at the arena, the "getting a ride" part takes on a whole new hinky meter. Plus if so, who had the keys? which boggles it further.

HOW DID THE FRIENDS GET HOME? gees louise
The CBS video report says that the friends called her and she said she'd get a ride home. Other reports say that she called the friends. Very confusing and possibly poor reporting. I think it's important to know who called who. If her friends called her, then it appears that Morgan wasn't concerned about keeping in touch with them. It also seems strange that the call wasn't until 10pm. Why wait so long to check on your friend or for her to let them know she couldn't get back in the arena.
Many of these reported bits are in direct conflict with each other, and these things make a huge difference in the timeline and logic of the story. There was supposedly a direct QUOTE from Amanda (the friend) who said about Morgan, "Everyone assumed she'd be coming back...." Did she mean coming back to her seat at the concert? Coming back home? How? getting a ride home? With WHO?
DANG (expletive here)

Sorry. This is so disturbing and the all-over-the-map reporting is just... no words. ....NO WORDS for it.

So so far, we have: she was "last seen" at 8:40.

We have: she called only once and that was at 8:30. (wha?)

And then there's a different and conflicting: she called only once and that was at 10 PM.

There is ....she drove, she didn't drive, she drove part of the way....

And these are the parts of the story that we actually have access to!!! (via a first-hand account from the friends and parents) sheesh on a cracker.

Also, Im curious to know, do the parents smoke? Are we sure that she is a smoker? (Not disputing it; I just dont recall how we found that out.) Do the parents know that she is a smoker? I know these sound like silly, irrelevant questions, but that would tell us something about.... her.... "transparency" and how she relates to her parents about certain aspects of her personal life. KWIM?

All that's absolute is Morgan is missing.

Confusing isn't it! Hopefully we'll get some soild details from the news conference this afternoon.......

If LE wanted the details out before now, they could have done so. They feel some advantage in keeping the situation murky at this juncture and the presser may help us sort out both the details and what was to be gained by the lack of clarity. It will be around 90 hours missing by the time the presser rolls, a long time in these circumstances.

C6

Morgan's friends have planned a vigil for her scheduled to take place tomorrow night at Northside High school in Roanoke, Virginia.

The vigil will be held at 7:00 p.m., on the football field.

The address is:

6758 Northside High School Road
Roanoke, VA 24019

http://www.morgandanaharrington.com/

Someone said there are pics of her smoking on her facebook....I haven't seen it so don't know if that is true or not.

Fox News reporting on her, now. Mom and dad will be on live after the commercial...

While I was watching the mom on NG last night I experienced a feeling of hopefulness because she appeared to have hope that Morgan would be located. The thing that truly perplexed me was how she seemed to be backing the girls that attended the concert with Morgan. I think if I was in her situation I might have more of a problem with any friend of my daughter that left a crowded arena without everyone that traveled there together. This makes me suspicious that perhaps the friends knew that Morgan might not have intended on seeing the concert to begin with and maybe there is a chance that she(Morgan) might have made plans to meet someone?

My prayers are with Morgan and her family.

ok....info is limited according to dad....some tips coming in...she's a close to home girl according to mom....raids fridge at home and brings laundry home for mom to do.....has a beautiful apt. and lots of friends....that's all....mom trying to say something else but annoying Fox anchor won't shut up. That's all

Va. College Student Vanished, Cops Say
Virginia Tech Junior Missing for 3 Days, Last Seen at Metallica Concert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Oct. 21, 2009
<snipped>
The opening act of the concert took the stage at 7 p.m. Saturday. Police say just before 8:40 p.m. Harrington left the concert to have a cigarette outside but left her ticket inside. Friends in the arena phoned her and she said not to wait up for her and that she'd find her own ride home. That was the last time anyone spoke with Harrington.

This is weird too right? So was the warm-up band or whatever you call the first band - (not Metallica) playing from 7 PM and was still playing at 8:40 when she left?

The friend phoned her? or was it the other way around? (As someone said here; it does make a difference in a way)

The friend PHONED ("spoke with") while the band was playing? With all that noise? Or was it a text? Also there'd be a record of the wording of the text right? (or that depends on the type of phone RE: the SIM card and battery setup/format)

If the friend texted Morgan (b/c she couldn't hear) how can we know that it was actually Morgan texting back?

Also, (fwiw) I think I read that at some concerts in some areas (dont know if this applies in this situation) that texts can be delayed in delivery by an hour.

I just stopped to pick up tix for something at John Paul Jones arena. There are NO posters up of her there at all. Also, there was a cameraman filming outside footage for a story of Morgan tonight on the local. I talked to the cameraman, because I am nosy like that and he said that they don't have any new information at all right now and are just doing stock footage for the existing story. FWIW.

This is weird too right? So was the warm-up band or whatever you call the first band - (not Metallica) playing from 7 PM and was still playing at 8:40 when she left?

The friend phoned her? or was it the other way around? (As someone said here; it does make a difference in a way)

The friend PHONED ("spoke with") while the band was playing? With all that noise? Or was it a text? Also there'd be a record of the wording of the text right? (or that depends on the type of phone RE: the SIM card and battery setup/format)

If the friend texted Morgan (b/c she couldn't hear) how can we know that it was actually Morgan texting back?

Also, (fwiw) I think I read that at some concerts in some areas (dont know if this applies in this situation) that texts can be delayed in delivery by an hour.

Just to answer your first question since that's the only one that I have, a lot of concerts will have more than one opening band. At least almost all concerts I have been to.

ok
so I read that her roommate Amy Melvin
and another pal rode with Morgan in her car?

how did they get home?
did they check the car after the concert/
did they all walk from the location opf the parked car to the concert?together/
why and how did they come to the conclusion to get other rides home?
what exactly was their route to the concert? which way did they go/ how many miles was it to the concert/

also, have each been interviewed about this/ seems odd to get a ride with someone then not worry when they are missing and can not ride you back home?
weird///

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member