Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, Morgan's family lived quite a ways from the UVa campus.

Approx 2 hrs 15 minutes from UVA to Roanoke. But if they were going from UVA back to JMU probably take roughly 40 to 50 minutes?

That's been misreported a lot. Morgan and friend drove in Morgan's car down to other friends' school, which was partway to Charlottesville.

Morgan had to bypass the I-64 turn off to continue to Harrisonburg - which was about another 25 miles from that I-64 turn off to Charlottesville (UVA). She had to drive out of her way to pick up her friends then double back down I-81 to get back to I-64 to go to Charlottesville.

WSLS channel 10 just reported that this was new information and that it was Morgan's car that was driven to the concert. I'm not sure why channel 10 would state this is new news and it not be true.

If this is true, a HUGE question:

1.) Why did Morgan not have the keys with her in her purse? According to the news, wallet and cell were found in purse left in lot-NO KEYS. Also, the other girls have been reported as waiting around for Morgan to leave after the show and then driving the car they took to the arena to their next destination. Clearly, one of Morgan's friends had possession of the keys from 8:30 on. WHY?

Do friends know more about Morgan's plans? Maybe she knew she was meeting someone and already had plans for the night that did not involve staying for the concert and leaving with another friend/ride?

Perhaps Morgan could have been using drugs/alcohol and was not the DD that night, hence the friend holding the keys?

Was purse found near lot where car was parked? Perhaps a friend grabbed keys as they were walking in to run back to car to get something (sweater, ID whatever), forgot to give keys back to Morgan. They go into the show and get separated. Morgan forgets she doesn't have keys in bag, starts to feel sick and tells a friend in her group that shes going to the car to get air/medicine/rest. Walks to car in lot, gets there and realizes she doesn't have keys in her bag--now locked out of show and walking by self at night in parking lot in unfamiliar area, enter sketchy figure here...

I think that.it was reported at the PC by LE that Morgan said she would try to find a ride OR meet them at the car... Since they didn't get confirmation from her and/or couldn't reach her (MOOY they waited probably til most cars were gone then decided she must have found a ride.

As for getting on with their lives, my guess would be that they're feeling pretty guilty and LE is trying to assure them it was not their fault.

All my own opinion!!

Channel 10 news in Roanoke is reporting that these girls drove to the concert in Morgan's car and that they got seperated at the JPJ arena and that she told them she would find a ride...

Why would she find a ride if she had driven her own car?

That's how I've been taking the news about the car: It's Morgan's and was left behind as the others found some way home, or at least away from the arena area. Who drove becomes relevant only if the driver wasn't Morgan and kept the keys, which would explain why Morgan didn't go back and hang around in her car. So that leaves the question of who had the keys, and if not Morgan, why did they leave the car there instead of driving it themselves. The question of why her friends hung around if they thought she already had a ride has already been mentioned and remains unanswered.

And given the above questions, why does LE say "Her disappearance has no relevance to the car they arrived in"?? That's like saying "Her disappearance has no relevance to the purse she was carrying". The first statement, while technically true, tells us nothing and seems constructed to deceive, hoping we will fall for its obverse "The car they arrived in has no relevance to her disappearance", and no longer consider the car, the friends waiting, or who had the keys.

C6

They're saying all that because they don't want any important information to get out.

Remember balloon boy? The sheriff admitted to purposefully lying to the media. It may very well be the same in this case.

I think that.it was reported at the PC by LE that Morgan said she would try to find a ride OR meet them at the car... !!

So I am the queen of asking questions...I was known as the "Why?" kid in my elementary school--sorry for bombarding this thread with questions/thoughts!

My question here is this: Morgan's dad has said in the JVM interview (earlier post somewhere here) that Morgan did not have friends in that area (2 hrs away from home) other than the girls she was with. WHO exactly would she be getting a ride from? Did her girl friends really think it would be safe and smart for her to try and find someone to give her a ride? I don't think its a particularly bright idea to be propositioning people for rides from a concert when you are a pretty young girl like Morgan, by yourself in a dark area in an unfamiliar area. If Morgan were my friend and she told me that, I would have gone outside with her or at least planned to meet her at a set point outside the arena following the show to make sure she had organized a ride. Had Morgan not showed up or answered calls, I would have had event security page her over PA system etc.

Leaving it open ended "I'll get a ride with someone or meet you at the car" is confusing at the very least. How long do you wait after the shoe for your friend who may have gotten a ride with another person/group? When are you concerned if you haven't heard from her/don't see her waiting at car?

If this is true, a HUGE question:

1.) Why did Morgan not have the keys with her in her purse? According to the news, wallet and cell were found in purse left in lot-NO KEYS. Also, the other girls have been reported as waiting around for Morgan to leave after the show and then driving the car they took to the arena to their next destination. Clearly, one of Morgan's friends had possession of the keys from 8:30 on. WHY?

Do friends know more about Morgan's plans? Maybe she knew she was meeting someone and already had plans for the night that did not involve staying for the concert and leaving with another friend/ride?

Perhaps Morgan could have been using drugs/alcohol and was not the DD that night, hence the friend holding the keys?

Was purse found near lot where car was parked? Perhaps a friend grabbed keys as they were walking in to run back to car to get something (sweater, ID whatever), forgot to give keys back to Morgan. They go into the show and get separated. Morgan forgets she doesn't have keys in bag, starts to feel sick and tells a friend in her group that shes going to the car to get air/medicine/rest. Walks to car in lot, gets there and realizes she doesn't have keys in her bag--now locked out of show and walking by self at night in parking lot in unfamiliar area, enter sketchy figure here...

West:
Sorry if I missed the source, but where did you see that the friends ultimately left in Morgan's car?? That someone else had her keys wouldn't be surprising if that person drove. What would be surprising is if they ultimately left in Morgan's car after waiting for her, indicating they didn't know with certainty she had found another ride.

C6

They're saying all that because they don't want any important information to get out.

Remember balloon boy? The sheriff admitted to purposefully lying to the media. It may very well be the same in this case.

Right, I think LE's trying to play someone, but who's being shined?
If there's a perp, he/she's not going to fall for it. If it's code to a runaway Morgan (We know you've booked and we're telling your friends you're OK in LE code by shooshing them to get on with their lives), it's a strange way to go. If they are trying to lull the friends into thinking they and Mom believe the story so they can do a Perry Mason on them later, how's that finding this at-risk young woman in a timely fashion?

Hope you like questions?

C6

The information given at the the latest press conference by the police department was that Morgan's car was not significant to the case. I know it is hard to wrap your brain around that concept but the police seem certain.

On the Matallica forum a poster stated that she saw Morgan in the smokers area inside the arena during the opening act. Morgan was crying and it looked like she had been hit in the face.

I think Morgan had a boyfriend or a new interest she met at the concert. I think there was some conflict going down before Metallica even got on stage. Morgan did not want to ruin the concert for her friends. You know the boyfriend fight.

The concert was not sold out. She could have purchased another ticket to re-enter with the help of her friends if she reallly wanted.

West:
Sorry if I missed the source, but where did you see that the friends ultimately left in Morgan's car?? That someone else had her keys wouldn't be surprising if that person drove. What would be surprising is if they ultimately left in Morgan's car after waiting for her, indicating they didn't know with certainty she had found another ride.

C6,

Good catch...I am searching around to see if I can find out where/which article I read that originally started going with that line of thinking.

FoxNews has reported earlier this evening that Morgan or one of her friends did in fact drive her vehicule to the show. Since they took Morgan's car to the show, wouldn't they have left in it? How else would the rest of her group have left? The article interviewing the parents from WSLS 10 in Roanoke states that Morgan’s friends waited for her for several hours after the concert before they drove back to Harrisonburg where they were staying. If they drove out of the concert lot, wouldn't they have taken Morgan's car since she drove them there? Once again, I go back to the group of friends--did two groups of girls meet up at the show, hence the second car if they didn't leave in Morgans?

The information given at the the latest press conference by the police department was that Morgan's car was not significant to the case. I know it is hard to wrap your brain around that concept but the police seem certain.

On the Matallica forum a poster stated that she saw Morgan in the smokers area inside the arena during the opening act. Morgan was crying and it looked like she had been hit in the face.

I think Morgan had a boyfriend or a new interest she met at the concert. I think there was some conflict going down before Metallica even got on stage. Morgan did not want to ruin the concert for her friends. You know the boyfriend fight.

The concert was not sold out. She could have purchased another ticket to re-enter with the help of her friends if she reallly wanted.

Just letting my brain slip and slide a little before I squeeze the juice out of their statements, some of which may be disinformation. Interesting idea of not wanting her friends to see her if she had been in a dust-up.

C6

C6,

Good catch...I am searching around to see if I can find out where/which article I read that originally started going with that line of thinking.

FoxNews has reported earlier this evening that Morgan or one of her friends did in fact drive her vehicule to the show. Since they took Morgan's car to the show, wouldn't they have left in it? How else would the rest of her group have left? The article interviewing the parents from WSLS 10 in Roanoke states that Morgan’s friends waited for her for several hours after the concert before they drove back to Harrisonburg where they were staying. If they drove out of the concert lot, wouldn't they have taken Morgan's car since she drove them there? Once again, I go back to the group of friends--did two groups of girls meet up at the show, hence the second car if they didn't leave in Morgans?

Their leaving in her car makes the most sense. I had seen in early reports the car had been "left" in the arena parking lot but the reports didn't say for how long. We discussed early on how the friends left the area if not in the car they came in and reached no good conclusion. Just seems unusual to leave without her after waiting for hours, uncertain as to her fate. Hopefully at least the DD was thinking clearly.

C6

I feel like Morgan probably met someone at the concert as well--romantic interest, new friend, prior aquaintance, shady character, all four who knows? I don't necessarily believe the boy hitting her story. If I was hit in the face, crying and had obvious bruising, I would probably want my friends around to comfort me etc. Also, had a man hit her and she was in the smokers area, she would have had to been hit prior to entering the arena or once inside already. From news reports, it seems as though the girls got separated once they were inside arena so I am thinking they probably exited car together and walked in as a group. Doesn't seem likely she would have been hit by someone prior to entering. Perhaps someone hit her after she met them inside the arena? Wouldn't security or someone else have seen this? I know there are young men and women out there who would have stepped up and said/done something if they saw a young woman being hit in the face at a crowded concert venue.

Morgan bought tickets months ago...the cheapest tickets I can find online start at 80 bucks--any one have better figures?. Scalpers would have definitely charged at least face value outside the arena. In order to buy another ticket to get in Morgan would have had to have at least 80 dollars in cash on her, a debit card (meaning cash in a bank account somewhere) or access to a credit card (which she might have had but only for 'emergencies' etc.) Morgan had planned ahead to buy these tickets--maybe she saved up money from a part-time job? Maybe they were a present from parents? Clearly her friends did not seem to be concerned about meeting her to help her regain entry/purchase another set of tickets, as they had little if no communication with her once she exited the arena and wasn't allowed in again.

The police know it is in best interest of Morgan for her friends to withhold their comments to the media. Come on it's obvious, they know more, alot more.

God, it's in your hands.
Your will be done.

The police know it is in best interest of Morgan for her friends to withhold their comments to the media. Come on it's obvious, they know more, alot more.

God, it's in your hands.
Your will be done.

I hope they do, because I can piece together very little from the tidbits. The trick will be transforming their knowledge into a safe Morgan. Then I'll be impressed.

Be safe.

C6

I would hope so! I wouldn't necessarily expect Morgan's friends to go on a media blitz about their missing friend and roommate right now. I am sure they are upset and have a variety of emotions running through their heads now.

I just think that perhaps if there was a more detailed account of what happened that evening that perhaps more people and tips would come forward. For example, what lot was Morgan's car parked in--near where the missing purse was found? Police confirmed that Morgan's purse and cell phone were found in the parking lot between JPJ and the athletic fields. How did the friends get home later that evening? What was the plan for after the show for the group? Police said that Morgan contacted her friends while she was outside to say she couldn't come back in--the last known contact Morgan had with her friends. Nothing here about arranging a ride home with other people, meeting up after the show somewhere etc.

I know LE is saying car wasn't important but perhaps something involving the car drew her outside of the arena.

If LE has knowledge that perhaps Morgan could have eft the arena area on foot/with someone else/in someone's car, this might help to generate leads in the greater community and throughout VA/East Coast etc. Right now investigation seems focused on the area directly surrounding the arena with plans to fan out to nearby athletic fields/buildings in the coming days.

I hope the LE on this case do their due diligence in brainstorming all possibilities and hopefully tracking down a happy resolution for the Harrington family and Tech community. However, as time goes on with little to no updates on new info/clues etc., I am not having a good feeling about this....

Still too many conflicting stories here. The car issue IS important and I don't believe we have an accurate accounting as to whether Morgan drove or not. If she did, why would she have taken her purse and left her keys with one of the other girls - if she was just going to the ladies room? If that is the case, she was DEFINITELY meeting someone there and her friends knew it. If that's what happened, they either know who the boy was or know that LE can trace him from Morgan's computer or cell phone.

I'm beginning to believe LE is being so secretive because they are closing in on a possible perp. I hope Morgan is ok, but I'm losing hope...

West,
I agree with you the hitting seems far fetched. But, you know that look you have when you have been crying? You get that splotchy look. The witness could have mistaken that for a hit to the face. I guess it depends on the person or how hard you've been crying/drinking/partying/etc.
I think there was some serious drama going down. I am not pointing fingers. I will be the first to say I got in some pretty heated arguments with my college boyfriend.
Godspeed Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member