Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be they're playing a mind game with the killer, making him think they've got more evidence than they actually do. But I believe they found evidence of someone other than Morgan in that field.

Bingo, it's all about mind games and secrecy when investigation crime. Whether the POI is innocent or guilty. I believe in the system, it's just unfortunate when innocent people are convicted. It doesn't happen too often, but it does.

Think of LE and prosecutors vs. suspected perp as a good game of chess.

They had her car keys; if they didn't want to leave the arena why not just bring her the keys so she'd at least have somewhere to sit and wait out of the cold?

Because she was clearly intoxicated and was not the designated driver for the evening.

I don't know about you but if I was a person that could easily fall under LE radar and I lived in that area...IF I had nothing to do with it ...I would be one of the ones calling just to let LE know my where abouts around that time ...what about you.?
That line could have some interesting information...

It's like you said Chess..if everyone else calls...why didn't you?

Nostone, exactly! The problem is fear and loyalty to disfunction.

Everyone just wants to move on and ignore the "White Elephant" because everyone doesn't want to be the tattle-tell. The break up of the family, the focus. That's why corruption takes place...FEAR.

Because she was clearly intoxicated and was not the designated driver for the evening.

Did they think she'd drive off and leave them?

Well, scratch that. They had no problem leaving her.

Did they think she'd drive off and leave them?

Well, scratch that. They had no problem leaving her.

Maybe Morgan was a strong person in her mind and her family kept her strong and never asking for anything. Always getting herself out of her own debaulkes.

My mom raised me to be an adult, not a child. She even told me that I would spend the majority of my life being an adult. Morgan's parents actually seem (to me) to be good parents with high standards. Morgan was processing that, IMO, and still doing stuff (rebellion) that I think most 20 y/o's do in the growing up process.

I could be wrong. However, I'm touched by the Harrington's sad story. It could have been mine had I not been graced.

Calliope, I guess I should have said in response...I feel like Morgan was the leader of the pack based on her family history. She probably directed her friendships and her path.

Most followers don't question their leader. I don't think her friends have anything to do with her demise. I think they are kicking themselves in the azzzz for following what she said. Taking the tickets to that concert that her daddy bought for them.

I don't think Morgan or her parents or her friends are to blame for this horrible situation. But that's just my opinion.

When I first heard the presser..I kept thinking "how many ways can you say the same thing with out someone saying..we got you ...location location location.. Chess Play

BUT NOW after what was said and the importance of "no matter how small..WE want you to call...that was great...if you are the perp you may feel a need to call..just to excuse yourself...and if you are the perp you may be the only one that doesn't call in a small area like that ...pretty smart...I think...I feel there will be some results from this ...
Hope who or whom are sweating bullets now...cause it's their move..

I saw it stated somewhere that the farm owners daughter lives on the property. What about any boyfriends or ex-boyfriends she may have had.

what about previous owners of the farm? were the Howell's previous owners of adjacent farms or the farm where the victim was found

Maybe Morgan was a strong person in her mind and her family kept her strong and never asking for anything. Always getting herself out of her own debaulkes.

My mom raised me to be an adult, not a child. She even told me that I would spend the majority of my life being an adult. Morgan's parents actually seem (to me) to be good parents with high standards. Morgan was processing that, IMO, and still doing stuff (rebellion) that I think most 20 y/o's do in the growing up process.

I could be wrong. However, I'm touched by the Harrington's sad story. It could have been mine had I not been graced.

Mine too.

I understand what you're saying, but I have a hard time believing they left her behind, not knowing what happened to her, driving her car home; and if I recall the timeline correctly, it was the Harringtons calling the friends the next day asking for Morgan. If that's correct, then why weren't the friends trying to find her? They were certainly sober by then. If it weren't for the study session she'd set up with her father, Lord knows how long it would have been before she'd been reported missing.

Which tells me those friends are either incredibly shallow and ... well... stupid, or they knew (or were led to believe) Morgan was with someone she knew and felt safe.

Calliope, I guess I should have said in response...I feel like Morgan was the leader of the pack based on her family history. She probably directed her friendships and her path.

Most followers don't question their leader. I don't think her friends have anything to do with her demise. I think they are kicking themselves in the azzzz for following what she said. Taking the tickets to that concert that her daddy bought for them.

I don't think Morgan or her parents or her friends are to blame for this horrible situation. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think any of them are to blame. I just feel the story is a bit off. It makes no sense. I suspect (and hope) the friends haven't told the whole story; I also hope it's because LE has directed them not to, perhaps in order not to 'spook' the killer(s).

After examining photos of the immediate area, and then taking a second (and then a third :)) look at google maps that show where the creeks run and the terrain, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that the killer did indeed use an ATV of some sort to transport the body to this location. An ATV probably equipped with a mounted rear rack, used by hunters to transport game, which also explains the comment made by Mr. Bass of deer carcasses in the area. It's an area familiar to hunters.

Assuming that ATVs do not have the capability to traverse creekbeds, I reckon the most likely avenue the perp used is via Chopin Drive, and into the ATV path that hugs the bank of the creek, as I have highlighted in the following map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...7.987893,-78.617263&spn=0.008388,0.01929&z=16

Why do I think this route is an ATV/hunter path? By examining Google earth, and the "Timeline" feature that allows you look at satellite imagery going back to the 1990s, there is a distinct "track" that runs from the Blandemar Farm Pond, hugging the line of trees and the creeks, down through where Morgan was found. Unfortunately, I don't know how to link Google Earth maps, but if you have google earth, you can examine the topography of the area going back to April of 1994.

The perpetuator is indeed a local. I think it highly unlikely they utilized their POV to get to this location. If I were law enforcement, I would be looking at that "access point" at Chopin Drive @ Blandemar Pond... taking a close look at locals who own all-terrain vehicles, or have easy access to one.

One comment two questions (err maybe 3 questions IDK):

1. It looks like that path cross 3 fence lines to me. How would this be negotiated on the 4wheeler?
2. If an ATV can move along these trails what about something like a Z71? I don't live in the area but i do live in the south and those types of vehicles are not uncommon.
3. How do you do the time progression thing in Google earth? (I <3 Google earth).

Lastly good interesting work I like the access point you show because it is on the road away from any homes.

I had problems with the very first tree line crossing the appears to be elavated. Although if you look at the far left of the map and look for the creek line it apears to me to be a truck path that heads from the Blandmar farm road House back yard to the right of the house and following it in a direct line it appears to end 200 yards or so from where Morgan is found. It also appears that the same truck path merges off of another truck path off to the right side of the house making one option of travel the back yard of the house and the other to waldemar dr point.

If the area where MH's body was found was known for partying, wouldn't the person who left her body there be afraid that others might find her body at some future party? And, given GPS navigation, can we really be certain that this person had a very strong link to the area? Seems likely he may have been in that area before, but he would not necessarily need to have lived there.

One thing that strikes me as perhaps unusual is that no effort was made to cover up her identity; almost as though this person wanted the public to know specifically that MH had been abducted and killed. A bracelet and dark clothing were left on the corpse
[ http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11881412 ]; MH's handbag/pack with her ID were found on UVA property; yet these items could have been completely destroyed very easily & destroying them would would have thwarted the investigation further. Therefore, a random predator seems less likely.

Perhaps she met up with an angry & abusive ex-BF at the concert; perhaps this meeting occurred without prior planning. Maybe he hits her causing the facial injury or maybe he is just nasty to her in some way, someone in the arena confronts him & tells him to leave MH alone, threatening and insulting him. Or maybe someone instigates some type of altercation involving him even without any provocation on his part. MH may have been accidently injured in this altercation. The incident causes him to flee the arena feeling totally humiliated, and then MH follows him out. Not seeing him outside at first, she tries to get back in from the cold. Then, she decides to go looking for his vehicle in the RV lot. Then, she proceeds across the Copeley Street bridge, perhaps to check the Emmet/Ivy parking garage; but seeing him driving across the bridge, she jokingly sticks her thumb out as if to hitch. Still enraged at having been humiliated inside the arena, he pulls into a UVA parking lot (either the Cage or the RV) and grabs her bag, and throws it out the vehicle window. He also takes the cell phone battery to stop pings (he has criminal ties), and throws the cell out, too. Since he couldn't both restrain her & drive, he may have punched her out cold; killing her perhaps unintentionally?

If the area where MH's body was found was known for partying, wouldn't the person who left her body there be afraid that others might find her body at some future party? And, given GPS navigation, can we really be certain that this person had a very strong link to the area? Seems likely he may have been in that area before, but he would not necessarily need to have lived there.

One thing that strikes me as perhaps unusual is that no effort was made to cover up her identity; almost as though this person wanted the public to know specifically that MH had been abducted and killed. A bracelet and dark clothing were left on the corpse
[ http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11881412 ]; MH's handbag/pack with her ID were found on UVA property; yet these items could have been completely destroyed very easily & destroying them would would have thwarted the investigation further. Therefore, a random predator seems less likely.

Perhaps she met up with an angry & abusive ex-BF at the concert; perhaps this meeting occurred without prior planning. Maybe he hits her causing the facial injury or maybe he is just nasty to her in some way, someone in the arena confronts him & tells him to leave MH alone, threatening and insulting him. Or maybe someone instigates some type of altercation involving him even without any provocation on his part. MH may have been accidently injured in this altercation. The incident causes him to flee the arena feeling totally humiliated, and then MH follows him out. Not seeing him outside at first, she tries to get back in from the cold. Then, she decides to go looking for his vehicle in the RV lot. Then, she proceeds across the Copeley Street bridge, perhaps to check the Emmet/Ivy parking garage; but seeing him driving across the bridge, she jokingly sticks her thumb out as if to hitch. Still enraged at having been humiliated inside the arena, he pulls into a UVA parking lot (either the Cage or the RV) and grabs her bag, and throws it out the vehicle window. He also takes the cell phone battery to stop pings (he has criminal ties), and throws the cell out, too. Since he couldn't both restrain her & drive, he may have punched her out cold; killing her perhaps unintentionally?
I have felt all along what ended up happening to her started in the arena

Does anyone recall, early in the case, that Dr. Harrington worked in C-ville? Like many years ago?

I am just wondering if the family is familiar with the area of the farm. If there could be any connection.

I know that he has stated that she didn't know anyone in the area, but a lot of things have been misstated along the way. (I don't know if misstated is the term that I am looking for.)

I don't think that she knew her attacker. I believe that this was random, but there is so many possibilities to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored