Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Neither of those maps shows any kind of camera on 29 south of Charlottesville, though there are several on 29N.

29 North has much, much more traffic than 29 South.

I don't get why LE have to ask for ppl to come forward with info in that area cos if I thought the perp was possibly my neighbor (or worse a friend) I'd be beating down the door of the local police station..If I had a real gut feeling or truly saw something or knew anything at all about possible perp being on that farm (whenever) I'd want him caught ASAP before I or anyone in my family were (GFB!) his next victim..Family members is a whole other ballgame..I honestly don't know which way I'd turn..I hope the right way!

I believe LE have their poi but need confirmation he knows (& very well) the A. Farm..It's a major problem if that can't be proved & they just about said so during their press conference..I also got the drift they don't have his DNA (at least not yet) or it's not on record=no prior crimes which would rule out #1 suspect on here..I hate to say I also think "all that evidence" found at the crime scene is a white lie to spook the perp..If I'm wrong what kind of "evidence" could it be?

I don't get why LE have to ask for ppl to come forward with info in that area cos if I thought the perp was possibly my neighbor (or worse a friend) I'd be beating down the door of the local police station..If I had a real gut feeling or truly saw something or knew anything at all about possible perp being on that farm (whenever) I'd want him caught ASAP before I or anyone in my family were (GFB!) his next victim..Family members is a whole other ballgame..I honestly don't know which way I'd turn..I hope the right way!

I believe LE have their poi but need confirmation he knows (& very well) the A. Farm..It's a major problem if that can't be proved & they just about said so during their press conference..I also got the drift they don't have his DNA (at least not yet) or it's not on record=no prior crimes which would rule out #1 suspect on here..I hate to say I also think "all that evidence" found at the crime scene is a white lie to spook the perp..If I'm wrong what kind of "evidence" could it be?
I'm thinking the police are using certain words for a reason. Using psychology to reach the perp.

Maybe LE don't want to tip off the perp by asking all his family, friends and colleagues about his nature. Any of them could tell him, "hey-they're asking about you" and then its a fugitive situation. So its probably better for it to be done stealthfully.

I had a thought last night re: possible POI #2 being 28 and Mr. Bass's daughter also being 28. Could they have gone to school together...or at least been acquainted through school or sports activities?

Whaddya think?

I had a thought last night re: possible POI #2 being 28 and Mr. Bass's daughter also being 28. Could they have gone to school together...or at least been acquainted through school or sports activities?

Whaddya think?

I think that is a very good thought.Good thinking!

Maybe LE don't want to tip off the perp by asking all his family, friends and colleagues about his nature. Any of them could tell him, "hey-they're asking about you" and then its a fugitive situation. So its probably better for it to be done stealthfully.

Did I read here that LE are not allowed to question local SO's there or am I out of my mind? No joke! Cos that would be CRAZY!

1) I expect that there are many people in the area who know a little something about who frequents the location but haven't placed much value on what they know and certainly don't want to be put in the position of seeming to accuse anyone based on what little they know. LE has now lowered the bar, saying to such people, "please call us with anything you have, it's all important."

2) Similarly, there may be people out there who know something about the location, but have no idea who the POIs might be. Now LE has said to them, "we value anything you might know about the location, anything at all."

Sounds like good police work to me.

well its obvious LE is trying to keep the communities trust.they dont want to be percieved as bullying the community about a girl that doesnt even live there.

The terrain for Google Maps shows a creek that runs from The Blandamar Farm pond to the creek beside the discovery site. Was there a huge amount of run-off between Oct 17 and the end of January? Enough to take her from that pond to that field? Maybe they tried to put her in the pond. I tried to get the link to the exact spot but I can only get the area. Just move the map around and you'll see the creek running along the tree line. http://tinyurl.com/ygwuo5t

I really think LE is making sure no one goes crazy and does some Mountain Justice on an innocent person..
There are SO that were not involved and had nothing to do with the tragic ending of MH,I just think they are making sure "no arm chair detective" decides they know who did this and jumps the gun and harms or hurts someone not involved.

Did I read here that LE are not allowed to question local SO's there or am I out of my mind? No joke! Cos that would be CRAZY!

I believe what LE said is the media cannot be harassing any SO in the area.

I am sure LE has talked to all of them.

imo

Parties not going on at the farm? You Tube the farm. The videos were probably at the old house on the hill.

Sorry, for my "code talk". But, I thought it would be picked up by one of you. Ya'll are sure good. At the time I did not know what topic was off limits. I found out quick though.

Is this topic off limits? I know i had mentioned i thought the perp may have attended parties around the farm or rather, in the woods there, maybe even as a youth, etc. Kids drink in woods. I did.

I've not heard it was off limits, if it is, Hoppy, please pm me to let me know.

This was posted a little while ago on the family’s forum by Kenny who is the lead mod there. It speaks for itself and is good advice for all of us. Hopefully I’m not out of line posting it here.

Message From Lt Rader
Lt Rader spoke with me last night about a concern with some of the posts on here. I am sure it is going on other forums as well but we have no control over that. Let me say this first. This man is working around the clock to find the person/persons that are responsible for Morgan's death. I have found him to be one of the most professional but yet one genuinely nice guy. He has some highly trained men working under him that have also put in some long hours. There will be some things he simply can not release to us or the media. Please understand that we are looking at this case from a purely emotional standpoint while he has legal issues that he must take into consideration. If you ever have the chance to talk to Lt Rader you will see that he loves his work and he truly cares about people in general.

Many of the people that have been mentioned on this forum have nothing to do with what happened to Morgan. I don't know who those people are and don't need to know but just relaying his concern. All we ask is please don't mention any names at all when it comes to linking them to Morgan's death. If you really want to help LE call in with the names instead of posting them. You can't go wrong if you do that. He loves the love and support you have shown Dan, Gil, and Alex and doesn't want that to change. Now in conclusion I would like to say this. I am so thankful that Mr. Bass found Morgan that day. With that finding I believe with all my heart that Lt Rader and this great group of men with the VSP will bring this person to justice. Again, thanks for all you do for this forum.
During our lives we're faced with so many elements as well, we experience so many setbacks, and fight such a hand-to-hand battle with failure, head down in the rain, just trying to stay upright and have a little hope. The Tour isn't just a bike race, it tests you mentally, physically, and even morally.

Kenny
Last edited by Kenny : Today at 07:56 PM.

Message From Lt Rader - Remember Morgan Harrington

Is this topic off limits? I know i had mentioned i thought the perp may have attended parties around the farm or rather, in the woods there, maybe even as a youth, etc. Kids drink in woods. I did.

I've not heard it was off limits, if it is, Hoppy, please pm me to let me know.

No, it's not off-limits at all.

One set of friends, who had with Morgan gone by the unofficial nickname “The Nine,” came out in full force.

Check out this write up. On page two it calls attention to her friends being there.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14987/going-away-party-commemorates-harrington/p3

I had also read in another some of the 9 were getting memorial tattoos relating to Morgan.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14987/going-away-party-commemorates-harrington ( 3 page article)

"One set of friends, who had with Morgan gone by the unofficial nickname “The Nine,” came out in full force. Two of the friends, MH and JF, sported new tattoos in memory of their lost friend, which they got Wednesday in Norfolk."

My buddy sent me this picture. It was on the family’s forum as of yesterday. It is an actual photograph of the outside of the JPJ arena on the night of 17 Oct. 2009. These people are waiting to get into the Metallica concert.

You can clearly see a security camera in the top left hand corner of the photo. I had posted a while back that friends of mine who are in federal law enforcement were at a UVA BB game last fall. They made a comment then that the place had more security cameras in place than the federal building in downtown Washington. D.C.

There are hundreds of cameras inside and outside of the JPJ. Some are visible but many are not. They were all on the night of the concert and they were all working. For those that think Morgan was never there that night or never captured on camera, you may want to think again.

Everything happens for a reason and the VSP have their reasons for controlling information being released about that night.

Link here:

John Paul Jones Arena Image and Fact Discussion Thread - Remember Morgan Harrington

4024434362_daea7fbebf_b.jpg

There are hundreds of cameras inside and outside of the JPJ. Some are visible but many are not. They were all on the night of the concert and they were all working. For those that think Morgan was never there that night or never captured on camera, you may want to think again.

Ghost, I have a question ... no rudeness intended, at ALL. How do you know the cameras were working that night? There was much discussion about this early in the case, and you're making a very absolute statement, and I'm wondering where you got your info? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024