Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the office so will be brief :)

All very good questions

I was told (reliably) she either appeared to be waiting for someone or said she was waiting for someone to the witnesses in the RV lot, who had "limited interaction" with her as stated in press. I was always wondering what that limited interaction was. As far as I can recall we still don't know any info at all about what words were exchanged, how she appeared emotionally, her state etc -only that she seemed to be waiting.

I'd forgotten the unicorns thing although it rings a bell, I'm going to have another look.
The "social situation spiraling down" in your words -was this when she changed schools -I don't have the dates to hand.

The post was in 2007, iirc, but I don't know what month, or when she changed schools. Before senior year of high school, it has been reported, which by my count would be the 2007-2008 school year (assuming she was a sophomore at Va Tech now).

Interesting thoughts.

In reverse order: She might have started walking in the direction she knew her ride would be coming from, in order to meet them. I too got the impression that the way her behavior was described, she was killing time in the parking lot, waiting for her ride to get there. Wandering around a bit, chatting casually with the BB guys. Dropping her things because she's nervous or angry (I've always thought the tone of the phone call to her friends was, "Fine, if you're going to be that way, I'll just find my OWN WAY HOME!" and break connection rather than "don't worry, I'll find a ride.") and yeah, forgetting the purse.

You're right, that creepy social situation might be a clue -- the guy might have felt hurt or rejected. So he wouldn't exactly be an "ex," in the sense the family and friends mean it, but if he's a psychopath to begin with, he might have remembered her for years.

He might have noticed her wandering around and realized she was alone, seized the opportunity.
as was said before it could be someone she blew off in the past.also this person or persons had a lot of time to plan things.its possible this person could have been at JMU.these kids had 6hrs from 12n to 6p before the concert what did they do?.who were they around?

as was said before it could be someone she blew off in the past.also this person or persons had a lot of time to plan things.its possible this person could have been at JMU.these kids had 6hrs from 12n to 6p before the concert what did they do?.who were they around?

Good point.

iirc, MH called DH from JMU at about 3:30, though that's still a fair amount of time given the drive to JPJ is 1:15 at most.

Her Dad bought the tickets. Something may have caused her to feel alone? I'm speaking from personal experience. Maybe she did go off alone. Maybe she was drinking or taking drugs? The friends would be able to verify at least the drinking part. Why don't we even know if she smoked?

Maybe Morgan was on acid or mushrooms that night. Could explain why she left the concert. At the moment she needed to get out/away from the large crowd and loud sounds. She stepped outside only to realize/remember that she would not be allowed back in. She may not have had a clear understanding of what was going on around her. In her own little world so to speak. When she realizes, she is upset and trying multiple locations to gain re-entry. When all else fails she is walking around outside trying to figure out her next move will be. Telling her friends not to worry and she will figure something out....

Maybe Morgan was on acid or mushrooms that night. Could explain why she left the concert. At the moment she needed to get out/away from the large crowd and loud sounds. She stepped outside only to realize/remember that she would not be allowed back in. She may not have had a clear understanding of what was going on around her. In her own little world so to speak. When she realizes, she is upset and trying multiple locations to gain re-entry. When all else fails she is walking around outside trying to figure out her next move will be. Telling her friends not to worry and she will figure something out....

I wish I could give input on drug use.How do they affect a person? I remember a friend telling me they did them before an REM concert and wasted the whole time trying to find his friends.This was way before cell phones.

I wish I could give input on drug use.How do they affect a person? I remember a friend telling me they did them before an REM concert and wasted the whole time trying to find his friends.This was way before cell phones.

Again I have to ask why don't we know more about her even smoking cigarettes. Maybe the family is trying to protect the friends? Anything can happen I'm so confused why not one of her friends can give us some kind of information? Something so basic seems to be withheld for whatever reason.

Again I have to ask why don't we know more about her even smoking cigarettes. Maybe the family is trying to protect the friends? Anything can happen I'm so confused why not one of her friends can give us some kind of information? Something so basic seems to be withheld for whatever reason.

What we have as at least hearsay is that MH used to smoke, is reported to have quit about nine months before her October disappearance (paralleling the time that things got really good with her parents and leading to much conjecture), but is seen in at least one picture holding a cigarette, and in at least one version of events left her seat to grab a smoke, not to find a restroom. Even in that version, since there are smoking areas that are still considered within the venue, it's a puzzle how/why she found herself outside and unable to gain reentry without a new ticket (and the box office closed, etc.).

And, if her friends were initially covering for her (i.e., she never quit smoking, though she told her parents she did), that would lead to some story discrepancies (when the seriousness of what was going on was perhaps not yet apparent) about whether she was off to the restroom or to smoke, and if in fact she had stopped nine months earlier but restarted that night, she could have gotten light-headed in the smoking area (lower tolerance than she was used to), or felt nauseated or something, and dashed out, not knowing or caring that she couldn't get back in.

What we have as at least hearsay is that MH used to smoke, is reported to have quit about nine months before her October disappearance (paralleling the time that things got really good with her parents and leading to much conjecture), but is seen in at least one picture holding a cigarette, and in at least one version of events left her seat to grab a smoke, not to find a restroom. Even in that version, since there are smoking areas that are still considered within the venue, it's a puzzle how/why she found herself outside and unable to gain reentry without a new ticket (and the box office closed, etc.).

And, if her friends were initially covering for her (i.e., she never quit smoking, though she told her parents she did), that would lead to some story discrepancies (when the seriousness of what was going on was perhaps not yet apparent) about whether she was off to the restroom or to smoke, and if in fact she had stopped nine months earlier but restarted that night, she could have gotten light-headed in the smoking area (lower tolerance than she was used to), or felt nauseated or something, and dashed out, not knowing or caring that she couldn't get back in.
Thank You for your post.She could of had a panic attack. Anything is possible.When that happens and you don't even know whats going on all you want to do is get out! In saying that I can also say lets remember M was 20 years old 5'6" and 120 pounds with high boots on dressed in black. Absolutely gorgeous. In MOO I can see people outside taking advantage of her. I think her friends have nothing to do with it.From spending time outside of concerts and knowing what can go on I think that someone took advantage of her. I'm just so curious why the friends and family are not talking more about what they think happened in regards to her...smoking,drinking,drugs.At least that would help us understand why she left the concert she so much wanted to see.Before the perp got to her.

Metallica- Nothing else matters. My song to M. They will find this person who did this to you. We will never give up.

I still think it was an opportunist.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He might not have been planning to grab her, or even consciously nursing a grudge. But if he's prowling, hoping to find a victim to rape, and sees her in the parking lot, he might have recognized her and flashed in anger that caused death.

Hm, it's even possible that it wasn't her specifically, but she reminded him of another girl who rejected him.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He might not have been planning to grab her, or even consciously nursing a grudge. But if he's prowling, hoping to find a victim to rape, and sees her in the parking lot, he might have recognized her and flashed in anger that caused death.

Hm, it's even possible that it wasn't her specifically, but she reminded him of another girl who rejected him.

I agree.

This person had the opportunity in MOO being local. Rage and opportunity. He will be found.I'm so grateful for W.S. We will be around and hope to God we find this person.Thanks to everyone who cares. I heart you all.

I don't think anyone looking like M could have had had the chance to reject this evil person. I do understand what you are saying.

Disagree. Even good looking people snap.
For my birthday one year I had my a$$ beat by a good looking guy.

Evidently you misunderstood my post. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sometimes I can't articulate my feelings. I was trying to say she would be a easy mark for someone who wanted to pounce. I hope I did not offend you.

The post was in 2007, iirc, but I don't know what month, or when she changed schools. Before senior year of high school, it has been reported, which by my count would be the 2007-2008 school year (assuming she was a sophomore at Va Tech now).

I'm the same age as Morgan and the same year in school.
We graduated high school in 2007, so the summer before that was 2006.
We are juniors in college.

I haven't read past this post if this has already been noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024