Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
on findmorgan.com
under a thread called "the morning of Oct. 18th"

these are questions that Dr. Harrington answered
on 01/24
--------------------------------------------------------

More questions that need answers....

1. What, if anything was found in the car? (I know it hasn't been processed by LE...but I mean things found by the Harringtons?)
No her car was clean.

2. Was the necklace recovered?
No it has not been

3. Was the cell battery ever recovered?
No it has not been

4. Have any of the witnesses taken a Lie Detector Test?
and if so, the results?
Don't know

5. Did Morgan have a spare key to the car either on her or hidden on the car somewhere?
Not to my knowledge

6. Was there credit or debit card activity on Morgan's accounts after she disappeared?
Cannot answer that

BBM
I read #6 as a "yes".
If it was "no" or "don't know", he would have said that.

It looks like the FBI is targeting the bikers for a reason. Yesterday’s article failed to mention anything about a tip being received. According to this release today they are acting on a specific tip. Biking is very popular in that part of the state. Saturday and Sunday early morning bike rides as a group (clubs) are very popular. Morgan went missing on a Saturday night. I wonder if they are looking at groups of bikers riding on certain roads around the farm on Sunday morning to see if they noticed anything.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-morgan-harrington-cyclists-100212,0,5212080.htmlstory

Here’s the original article;

http://www.nbc29.com/global/story.asp?s=11973045

Something I've been wondering about. In the release after finding Morgan it was stated that a lot of evidence had been gathered.

If that be so, then why all of these cryptic messages and trying to reach out to certain groups of people?

Could they possibly be talking about some bikers that are like off-road bicyclists? Or are they just talking about people who bike in general.

Something I've been wondering about. In the release after finding Morgan it was stated that a lot of evidence had been gathered.

If that be so, then why all of these cryptic messages and trying to reach out to certain groups of people?

Could they possibly be talking about some bikers that are like off-road bicyclists? Or are they just talking about people who bike in general.

Athletic men? Not sure.I'm sure they have a plan. They can't tell us too much.

A lot of evidence apparently has been gathered. However, evidence by itself is not much good unless you have someone to match it to. That takes things like fingerprints and DNA. I suspect they have (and have had) a suspect(s) in mind for awhile now. But they can’t quite link him to the crime just yet. The cat and mouse game being played is to more than likely unnerve him into making a mistake or confessing. What they are waiting on are the final results from the crime scene forensics to come back. Then they can make a move.

There is not just money in that area, but old money that has a great deal of influence attached to it. Some of the families in that area go back hundreds of years and have been very instrumental in developing not only Charlottesville but the University of Virginia itself. If LE suspects someone associated with a family such as that, they will have only one chance to build an airtight case prior to an arrest. The finest and most expensive legal counsel in the country would be available to such families. Keep in mind the $150 K reward is not exactly bringing people out in droves. It may be that whoever is involved in Morgan’s death comes from a family where that is considered to be not a lot of money.

I am curious as to why suddenly Federal Law Enforcement such as the FBI has been brought in. Local law enforcement can at any time request the assistance of the FBI in any matter and for any reason. It was announced at the beginning that the FBI was working the case with the VSP. But then you never heard another word about them. And now you do? I wonder why? Could it be that the suspect is perhaps in this country on an educational visa and not a USA citizen? Just thinking out loud here, that’s all. They could be invoking the FBI just to rattle the suspect too.

The biking clubs in the area are very diverse. Here is a link to one of the largest. Off road is much more popular than conventional biking. UVA has a cycling club as does VT and just about all the other colleges as well. I’d guess they are looking at off road riders for clues.

http://cambc.org/

A lot of evidence apparently has been gathered. However, evidence by itself is not much good unless you have someone to match it to. That takes things like fingerprints and DNA. I suspect they have (and have had) a suspect(s) in mind for awhile now. But they can’t quite link him to the crime just yet. The cat and mouse game being played is to more than likely unnerve him into making a mistake or confessing. What they are waiting on are the final results from the crime scene forensics to come back. Then they can make a move.

There is not just money in that area, but old money that has a great deal of influence attached to it. Some of the families in that area go back hundreds of years and have been very instrumental in developing not only Charlottesville but the University of Virginia itself. If LE suspects someone associated with a family such as that, they will have only one chance to build an airtight case prior to an arrest. The finest and most expensive legal counsel in the country would be available to such families. Keep in mind the $150 K reward is not exactly bringing people out in droves. It may be that whoever is involved in Morgan’s death comes from a family where that is considered to be not a lot of money.

I am curious as to why suddenly Federal Law Enforcement such as the FBI has been brought in. Local law enforcement can at any time request the assistance of the FBI in any matter and for any reason. It was announced at the beginning that the FBI was working the case with the VSP. But then you never heard another word about them. And now you do? I wonder why? Could it be that the suspect is perhaps in this country on an educational visa and not a USA citizen? Just thinking out loud here, that’s all. They could be invoking the FBI just to rattle the suspect too.

The biking clubs in the area are very diverse. Here is a link to one of the largest. Off road is much more popular than conventional biking. UVA has a cycling club as does VT and just about all the other colleges as well. I’d guess they are looking at off road riders for clues.

http://cambc.org/

Can you believe that they may have an idea? A plan? I can. I trust that. I loved your post.Thank You.

Can you believe that they may have an idea? A plan? I can. I trust that. I loved your post.Thank You.

Yep; that's exactly what I think. Lt. Rader looked like a man who was very confident at last week’s presser. That type of confidence comes from knowledge in my opinion.

Yep; that's exactly what I think. Lt. Rader looked like a man who was very confident at last week’s presser. That type of confidence comes from knowledge in my opinion.

I can only say this from personal knowledge they are way ahead of us. People who are speaking or not speaking it is for a reason. All we can do is offer thoughts and try to help with suggestions. I believe they will find this person who killed M. I will never give up.

perhaps the POI has done more than morgan??? just no way of telling, but i do think that people that are sick in this way, it's not a one time thing perhaps...sad, but sickness,keep on doing till they are caught...
bluestarzzz

perhaps the POI has done more than morgan??? just no way of telling, but i do think that people that are sick in this way, it's not a one time thing perhaps...sad, but sickness,keep on doing till they are caught...
bluestarzzz

I would put money on this is not his first time.MOO. I hope I'm wrong.

I have friends in the Charlottesville area and just happened to talk to one of them tonight. Of course it was all about Morgan for the most part and the local buzz. He said that if I wanted to know why the VSP and FBI were suddenly interested in bikers to check out this link. There is an event for mountain bikers that is held every year that has become huge in MTB circles. It is called “The Paranormal Mountain Bike Race”.

Take a look at this link. (It’s the first one down) Wow! It is held on Oct.17th and on a farm? I wonder how close this farm is to the farm where Morgan was found. And if they race on farms, they train on farms, right? And this race goes well into the night. I think we just found out why they’re interested in bikers all of a sudden.

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/de...-it-after-dark-night-races-and-costumed-comps

I have friends in the Charlottesville area and just happened to talk to one of them tonight. Of course it was all about Morgan for the most part and the local buzz. He said that if I wanted to know why the VSP and FBI were suddenly interested in bikers to check out this link. There is an event for mountain bikers that is held every year that has become huge in MTB circles. It is called “The Paranormal Mountain Bike Race”.

Take a look at this link. (It’s the first one down) Wow! It is held on Oct.17th and on a farm? I wonder how close this farm is to the farm where Morgan was found. And if they race on farms, they train on farms, right? And this race goes well into the night. I think we just found out why they’re interested in bikers all of a sudden.

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/de...-it-after-dark-night-races-and-costumed-comps

http://www.crcparanormal.com/directions

The Race is about 15-20 minutes north-west of Charlottesville, Va. Ample parking is available at the farm, but car pooling is encouraged.

The Tevendale Farm is at

551 Allen Road

Earlysville, Va. 22936

Googlemaps or mapquest will get you there.

Please be aware that the bridge across the North Fork of the Rivana River on Rt. 743 is still out this year. Some people had trouble with their GPS systems trying to route them across this last year. If you are coming from the north, please plan on using either Airport Road and coming through Earlysville or going down Route 33 and turning onto Route 810 and coming past the Blue Ridge School.

http://www.crcparanormal.com/eventdetails

The Events

The Paranormal is an annual 6 hour mountain bike endurance race.

Start Time for the Main race is at 4pm.

Entertainment

As if racing were not enough, there will be a bonfire, movies, and food.

Camping

There is onsite Camping for Saturday night. To reserve a space, click the contact link.

Kids Race

Free Kids race at 3pm.

Maybe they found mountain bike tracks at AF?

It sounds to me like they are concerned with road cyclists, not mountain bikers or off road cyclists.

It may be hard for someone who's not a cyclist to understand how much more you connect with your surroundings on a bike than driving a car. Even when you are very focused on strenuous effort. A road cyclist is used to being vigilant because you have to be aware of any approaching road traffic and dogs can come out of nowhere to chase you in rural areas. Also, when you are on a long ride down rural roads you may take a break along the side of a road. I've done it to rest, pee, change a flat tire, open an energy bar, or make or take a phone call. And cyclists tend to have favorite routes they take so you do notice if something is different. My favorite time to ride was always Sunday morning because there is very little traffic. So the morning after the Metallica concert somebody could have been riding down a road near where Morgan was found and seen a car or something.

Posted by wadahoot
I feel Roselvr brought up a good point. It COULD have been a woman that picked her up. I have, numerous times, found a high school or even middle school girl locked out of a school or library and had them get in the car with me. They are afraid, but also realize that a mom-looking person is 99% more likely to be safe than someone else coming along.

I would think this is not as likely, based on Jaycee and Eliz. Smart's situations where a woman help kidnap/hide the girls for their husbands for a long period of time. It seems like a quick grab is less likely, but then look at Karla Homolka.

I do believe we would be remiss to not consider the possibility at all.

Man and woman?

I guess that's a possibility, Calliope, but I was thinking more in the style of Karla ... find a target for your man and deliver her to him. If MH was as out-of-it as we think, an evil woman could be cruisin' the concert looking for prey, just as could a man. What would make Morgan feel safer, especially if she had already been harassed by men in the parking lot, than another woman that pulls up, looking at her with concern?

It makes me sick to even think about, but it's a valid avenue to follow. MH could well have gotten in the car feeling safe, sat back, even closed her eyes a few minutes (especically if impared), and the next thing she knows, she's out in the country, lost, in the pitch black dark, all turned around not knowing where town is, and with 'Satan's Bride' (not a funny thing, but it struck me as amusing!).

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if the biker request from the FBI is a good sign or not.

Doesn't the FBI get involved when there has been cross state lines activity? I thought I read this in a couple different threads.

Wow! It looks like Blue Ridge Outdoors has removed their link, or someone has removed it for them. I know Walker and some of you saw it last night. For those of you that didn’t, I just happened to make a copy of the announcement. (I thought it may be taken down once the word got out)

1. Paranormal Mountain Bike Race
Charlottesville, Va. • October 17
This six-hour endurance race, which starts in the late afternoon and moves into the dark autumn evening, has become a must-do in the Central Virginia MTB scene. After the closing of the popular Panorama Farm trails, the event moved to Tevendale Farm, which is filled with much of the same pastoral open field riding mixed with wooded twisty singletrack. Riders also get a great blend of short steep climbs and surprise descents. Five-minute time bonuses are awarded to bikers in costume.

They also offered a bonfire and overnight camping after the ride that night as well. Hmm…

Here is a copy of an e-mail that someone connected with the Charlottesville Bike & Shop sent to local riders in the Charlottesville Bicycle Club, just a couple of days after Morgan was found. This is on the internet and is public info if you know where to look. However, in keeping with TOS of this forum I have intentionally x’ed out the sender’s last name as he is an innocent party.

From: "John xxxxxxxx - C'ville Bike & Shop" <j...@cvillebike.com>
>To: <clubsummitboard@googlegroups.com>
>Date: January 28, 2010 01:31:37 PM EST
>Subject: Morgan Harrington
>Ladies & Gentlemen
>Lynne Stopford of the FBI is trying to identify a group of cyclists who
>ride south of town and sometimes park alongside Red Hill Road just east
>of 29S...to see if maybe they remember seeing anything unusual about the
>time of Morgan Harrington's disappearance. Please put the word out to
>anyone who might know who these cyclists are.

>Contact Information for Lynne Stopford:
> * 434-972-6140 - Phone
> * 434-293-9744 - Fax
> * lynne.stopf...@ic.fbi.gov

Link here;
http://groups.google.com/group/cvillebikeclub/browse_thread/thread/9f0e1b67bf5e60d5

Doesn't the FBI get involved when there has been cross state lines activity? I thought I read this in a couple different threads.

They can be asked to assist by a local police department at anytime and for any reason. The crime does not have to involve crossing a state line. Look at bank robbery as an example. Or a bomb threat to a Federal building. Neither of those cross state lines, yet the FBI is immediately called in.

They can be asked to assist by a local police department at anytime and for any reason. The crime does not have to involve crossing a state line. Look at bank robbery as an example. Or a bomb threat to a Federal building. Neither of those cross state lines, yet the FBI is immediately called in.

Those two examples are Federal crimes. But the FBI will assist in missing persons/abduction cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper