Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about what I last posted & how there's no video/images of her inside, just "re-entry".

How many of you that feel she was at the concert, feel they do have images of her inside; yet they aren't releasing it?

Something I don't understand is why LE didn't process her car. Her father says that in the interim the family has cleaned it out and her brother is driving it.

Was reading the find Morgan board; one poster had some interesting thoughts & I hope they don't mind me linking. I'm not a member there; may end up joining not sure. single post

My opinion on the cell battery is that it was in her pocket. I say this because I don't feel she'd just toss it in her purse since she may need to use the phone; if it was me, I'd put it in my back pocket; throw the phone in the purse. For all we know the battery has been located with her body.

I can't believe her bracelet was returned to the mom with an active investigation going. I wonder if that is bait. The mom mentions how she's washed it.

I agree about the car; and thinking about the car more.. If I was her age at a concert; my keys were on someone else inside; why would I get a ride home? By the time someone comes to get me the concert may be over anyway. I personally would bust one of my windows out.

Was reading the find Morgan board; one poster had some interesting thoughts & I hope they don't mind me linking. I'm not a member there; may end up joining not sure. single post

My opinion on the cell battery is that it was in her pocket. I say this because I don't feel she'd just toss it in her purse since she may need to use the phone; if it was me, I'd put it in my back pocket; throw the phone in the purse. For all we know the battery has been located with her body.

I can't believe her bracelet was returned to the mom with an active investigation going. I wonder if that is bait. The mom mentions how she's washed it.

I agree about the car; and thinking about the car more.. If I was her age at a concert; my keys were on someone else inside; why would I get a ride home? By the time someone comes to get me the concert may be over anyway. I personally would bust one of my windows out.

The only problem with this theory is that she was wearing a skirt. I think it was a black leather skirt (correct me if I'm wrong), which I doubt had any front or back pockets.

yeah i dont think the skirt had any pockets. I just dont understand for the life of me why the friends are so tight lipped. I kinda understood it when MH was missing, but now she has been found murdered. I can get not wanting to compromise the investigation, but a lot the questions we have now are the same questions we had in the beginning. Where did MH go? Did she leave the area and why? Was she meeting someone? What about her car? These are simple things that could be cleared up by her friends, but nope still we are in the dark. Just frustrating.

Well, pockets would be the question I had then. I've owned leather pants & skirts; had pockets.

I find it so odd that they did not take pictures of each other at the concert. Something we always do even if it's with our phones.

JMO...if MH had pockets on her clothing I wouldn't see the need for her purse.

I would prefer an outfit with pockets for a concert over carrying a purse, but maybe that's just me.

Let's see she had a purse,phone,camera and wallet.What else?

Here is an article that ran yesterday. Quite honestly, I’m surprised it did. I understand the point the writer is making but there is way too much assumption here; assumptions not based on facts in all cases.

Well, it's an opinion piece. It's not a news article. Yes, it's all assumptions. (My own assumption is that the person who wrote the piece doesn't do much thinking in the deep end of the pool...)

Not sure if anyone saw the blog update I mentioned From Me To You - Then From You To Me -Jewelry

I'm going to put it in quote tags..

My brother in law has been in the hospital dealing with rectal cancer. I became involved with a family who had a very sick daughter she was 21.Her Moms outlet during this time was to write.The daughter passed in a very short time.Reading her Mom's writing you can feel the pain. I can feel so much pain from reading what M's Mom wrote.I feel like it's a crime that I can't say the names of the people I write about since I was close. It hurts so much this tragic loss of another young girl.Thank You for posting this.I'm sure for some it may seem dark and macabre to me...I see and feel pain. I want to add that this young girl died of H1N1 in her first few months of being in college in less than one month. I have lost My Mom,Dad and husband in one year. I can't express my feelings very well in writing however I sure can feel others pain.

The poster from that link does make some good points. He/she seems to be going with a staged abduction, with belongings positioned the following morning.

I wonder if poster considered that, just because it wasn't known that Morgan was missing by LE so early that morning, the perp didn't know at the time LE didn't know. For all perp knows, Morgan had somewhere to be at 10 that night, and was reported missing after not showing up. We know Morgan didn't, but did perp?

Going with this theory, how was perp so sure there wouldn't be LE on scene already that morning looking for clues ? OR, how was perp so sure he wouldn't be seen "staging" a purse? Any eye witnesses around could have attested to this after the fact and he'd be busted. Would perp really take the chance of returning to the scene the next morning when it's possible the place could be swarmed with searchers?

Respectfully snipped:

Going with this theory, how was perp so sure there wouldn't be LE on scene already that morning looking for clues ? OR, how was perp so sure he wouldn't be seen "staging" a purse? Any eye witnesses around could have attested to this after the fact and he'd be busted. Would perp really take the chance of returning to the scene the next morning when it's possible the place could be swarmed with searchers?

So if that be the case (speculation here on my part) then to me I would have to say the perp knew he had all kinds of time if Morgan had told him all about the events of the evening and had told him that she told her friends she would find a ride home.

He could have cruised by the JPJ afterwards and saw no one waiting around...maybe he even asked what kind of car she drove...seeing nothing he would know her friends took Morgan at her word and left without her.

After concerts here in Roanoke, people wait around trying to get back to where the band's busses are parked - wanting a glimpse, or autograph or pic. While it's not the thousands that attended the concert there would be some people remaining...and I think someone would have stumbled over that purse - whether they were waiting for the band or partying in the parking lots afterwards...

JMO...

Hello WS'ers. Newbie here.
I've been reading along for a while trying to come up with some idea's. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but, what if Morgan's purse was kicked (either accidentally or on purpose) under a vehicle that happened to be one of the last to leave the lot. Or, maybe a vehicle that was left in the lot overnight? Just a thought.

MH was a young woman, and no threat to anyone. She was killed senselessly.

Why?

JMO: Sometimes people who come across as being from a wealthier background are targets of resentment. In some cases, this resentment is sufficient to cause their murder (for example, Sharon Tate), but in other cases, this type of jealousy is only one of many factors. We may find that this type of animosity to be a factor in this case.

Let's consider the band which performed at AF.

The band that played at Anchorage Farm; part band, part political activist unit:

http://www.herestothelonghaul.com/index.php

Snipped for space
BBM

Walker, i hear what you are saying, however the bail is $150,000. If the perp(s) killed Morgan due to her being from a wealthier background, and the perp's family and friends are aware of events that evening, why wouldn't one of them go for the $150,000 reward?

The reward is so high, it seems to be focused on the possibility that the perp(s) or family/friends that the reward is targeting may already come from money, IMO.

Morgan was a very attractive young woman, IMO, the perp(s) most likely had sexual motives as well. Perhaps things got out of control, drugs, then sexual assault/rape, then murder. I would think the perp knew her prior, and maybe was obsessed with her. She may not have known him well, or she may have known him. Something triggered him, (remains unknown as to what) and maybe once the perp(s) realized that they had already gone too far, they got angry.

My brother in law has been in the hospital dealing with rectal cancer. I became involved with a family who had a very sick daughter she was 21.Her Moms outlet during this time was to write.The daughter passed in a very short time.Reading her Mom's writing you can feel the pain. I can feel so much pain from reading what M's Mom wrote.I feel like it's a crime that I can't say the names of the people I write about since I was close. It hurts so much this tragic loss of another young girl.Thank You for posting this.I'm sure for some it may seem dark and macabre to me...I see and feel pain. I want to add that this young girl died of H1N1 in her first few months of being in college in less than one month. I have lost My Mom,Dad and husband in one year. I can't express my feelings very well in writing however I sure can feel others pain.

I'm sorry you've had so much loss in such a short time; the same thing happened to us in 2005 -2006. We lost a total of 12 people we know - 2 were my daughters godmother/aunt (40) her hubby; my dad, father in law, plus one of my daughters young friends (12). The year after my MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer; my hubby some how survived falling off of his tractor trailer from the top deck while delivering a load of cars. A friend of his had the same fall a few months later and was not so lucky. Now hubby is fighting cancer. I've never seen this much sickness/death in all of the 39 years I was at the time.

I like to write & wish I could write everything I feel on hubby's blog but I can't due to who is reading.

With Morgans mom & the bracelet; I'm not sure if she did write it as I'm not familiar with her blogging; it's the one thing I haven't read; but saw her dad posted about it on findmorgan forum. The way I feel is that the family knows more then we do; as I said, I don't feel they gave the bracelet back & I wonder if someone else wrote it.. If she did write it, she was asked to. I';ll try to get to the family blog tomorrow so I can have a better opinion.

The poster from that link does make some good points. He/she seems to be going with a staged abduction, with belongings positioned the following morning.

I wonder if poster considered that, just because it wasn't known that Morgan was missing by LE so early that morning, the perp didn't know at the time LE didn't know. For all perp knows, Morgan had somewhere to be at 10 that night, and was reported missing after not showing up. We know Morgan didn't, but did perp?

link to whole thread.. the poster has a few other ideas as well.

What I think the poster was trying to get at was that the killer knew Morgan & they some how knew what her plans were, that she told her friends she was getting a ride "home". This person that took her was close to the friends so they knew no one followed up on if Morgan was safe; allowing them time to go back and plant the bag to make it look like Morgan was abducted verses killed.

What I don't get is the mention of the credit card. Why risk your prints on the bag, wallet & card; & lets not forget the cell phone

Hello WS'ers. Newbie here.
I've been reading along for a while trying to come up with some idea's. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but, what if Morgan's purse was kicked (either accidentally or on purpose) under a vehicle that happened to be one of the last to leave the lot. Or, maybe a vehicle that was left in the lot overnight? Just a thought.

It's a great suggestion.

Welcome to websleuths

I believe M was worldly(aware)enough of the "stranger danger" situation that she would not have left the arena with a stranger.
I agree with this completely, and i don't think she would have went off with a stranger. IMO, she would go with someone she knew or at least was an acquaintance of via through friends, school. Someone she had to feel comfortable enough with to get into their car.

Then someone she knew or thought she knew,could have approached her..("your car has a big dent down the side..what happened?)(your brother is out side and doesn't look well)or a dozen idea's along that line..something to separate her from the other's in her party..

If this is the case..then it was premeditated ,it was calculated..her friends and family have information on incidents that happened to M that would have made someone target her..(which LE would know) They hold information that we don't have to help figure this out..
I agree with this, and he possibility of prior stalking or incidents whether reported or not.
consider this story ..she arrived at JMU, designated driver drives them to the JPJ .everything goes like clockwork...(why no photos? why no video?) and then after a perfect day..she just disregards her desires to see Metallica..her friends and just walks out to get a smoke(altho she had quit months before) but regardless of that ..she finds herself outside....(anyone that knew M personally would be asking why aren't you inside?..why are you missing Metallica?(my reason to discount the witnesses testimony outside mistaken identity so the person, on the bridge all that could have been anyone BUT M.
Maybe she didn't mind missing Metallica, and had other plans of some sort, and left to meet up with someone? If they didn't show it would explain why she tried to get back inside. Morgan didn't strike me as the oblivious type, i'm sure she was aware of the no re-entry policy, IMO. She left with intentions of not going back inside, likely meeting up with someone for other plans, maybe going to meet up with the friends later at the JMU party and retrieve her car etc. Something happened, imo, the person she was supposed to meet didn't show, she couldn't get back inside, met up with the wrong person.
Regardless of all that..she calls only the person inside and a friend 60 miles away (JMU? or UVA)Then she just walks away in to the night...
or
What if the call to the friend miles away was just a regular call? I would think if she was distraught or in danger at that point, she would have called her friends inside, parents, or authorities.
What if M was there, she watched it all, the group returned to her car,and drove to a party,that they were aware of before the concert or during...personal invitation
that would explain the other's saying they waited in the parking lot...accounting for the time ,that possible sightings of them would be accounted for..
concert ends..but they don't get gas(credit card receipt)until much later..people seeing them return from the concert...early in the morning instead of a couple hours after the concert...
The party is a mixed group of fans,friends and party lovers...M dies ...everyone panics..no need to destroy the lives of those at the party .......
LE has cleared her friends who were present at the concert with Morgan that night, if LE clears them its good enough for me, i'll leave it at that.
Just another idea to throw on the pile...the tight lipped friends..have lots of reasons to remain silent in my opinion..not only the "8" but others that weren't that close...getting kicked out of school...would ruin future careers and upset parents..lose nice trust funds...lots of reasons to not tell .

I replied in blue as it was easier that way.

The Harringtons have told the friends to be quiet, which was mentioned on FM site.
At this point, with LE having cleared the friends, i'm sure the Harringtons have a good reason for telling the friends to not talk.

However at first i was suspect of her friends as well, as their silence was suspicious, imo.
At this point, i don't think those present who went to the concert with Morgan were involved at all in her disappearance and murder.

The only reason i can think of for Morgan's folks to have the friends stay quiet is that the perp may be someone who is close to one of the kids' groups of friends. If the friends talked, then the perp would be tipped off.
So their staying silent and not saying anything; the perp gains nothing.imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member