Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for space
BBM

Walker, i hear what you are saying, however the bail is $150,000. If the perp(s) killed Morgan due to her being from a wealthier background, and the perp's family and friends are aware of events that evening, why wouldn't one of them go for the $150,000 reward?

The reward is so high, it seems to be focused on the possibility that the perp(s) or family/friends that the reward is targeting may already come from money, IMO.

Morgan was a very attractive young woman, IMO, the perp(s) most likely had sexual motives as well. Perhaps things got out of control, drugs, then sexual assault/rape, then murder. I would think the perp knew her prior, and maybe was obsessed with her. She may not have known him well, or she may have known him. Something triggered him, (remains unknown as to what) and maybe once the perp(s) realized that they had already gone too far, they got angry.

My own personal opinion is the person *knew* her, but that she didn't necessarily know him. I think he knew she was going to be at the concert, and circumstances were that she came to be outside, separated from her friends and he made his move. I suspect it was someone she initially at least would have felt safe with. Again, just my gut feeling about this.

Gil did write the poem, it is her way of expressing the horror we have expereinced and continue to live. dan
I'm sorry you've had so much loss in such a short time; the same thing happened to us in 2005 -2006. We lost a total of 12 people we know - 2 were my daughters godmother/aunt (40) her hubby; my dad, father in law, plus one of my daughters young friends (12). The year after my MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer; my hubby some how survived falling off of his tractor trailer from the top deck while delivering a load of cars. A friend of his had the same fall a few months later and was not so lucky. Now hubby is fighting cancer. I've never seen this much sickness/death in all of the 39 years I was at the time.

I like to write & wish I could write everything I feel on hubby's blog but I can't due to who is reading.

With Morgans mom & the bracelet; I'm not sure if she did write it as I'm not familiar with her blogging; it's the one thing I haven't read; but saw her dad posted about it on findmorgan forum. The way I feel is that the family knows more then we do; as I said, I don't feel they gave the bracelet back & I wonder if someone else wrote it.. If she did write it, she was asked to. I';ll try to get to the family blog tomorrow so I can have a better opinion.

link to whole thread.. the poster has a few other ideas as well.

What I think the poster was trying to get at was that the killer knew Morgan & they some how knew what her plans were, that she told her friends she was getting a ride "home". This person that took her was close to the friends so they knew no one followed up on if Morgan was safe; allowing them time to go back and plant the bag to make it look like Morgan was abducted verses killed.

What I don't get is the mention of the credit card. Why risk your prints on the bag, wallet & card; & lets not forget the cell phone

Six degrees of seperation....we have discussed this a lot...how college kids especially have a "safety bubble" (imaginary) around them when it somes to someone they "know"
or "semi know"...

"I work at the student union?" >>>"I was in your brother's Lit class"...."I DJ at xyz on Saturdays...do you go there?"....."I just transferred to UVA"...."OH you are from xyz, do you know Suzie? I went to high school with her"...."I play on the zyz team"...."I'm in Prof z's class"..."I backpacked in Europe with Joe"..

now....we "know" each other....right....the people he "name drops" don't know that "he" is with her..and may not even know him..he may just be lying, may be familiar with some people, maybe on the outskirts but have some common tie...there are many possiblities

the fact is that college kids "hook up"..."take off"..."go to a party" ...sometimes with people they don't know

what I did years ago...or what you did...or what your daughter does (or you think she does) just isn't the factor here...the fact is that kids do this, and when "under the influence " are more likely to do this

would Morgan get in a car with some old guy or some nasty looking guy? NO...but a cute guy who "dj's at the club"..."plays in Joe's band"...."is in Prof z's class"..."met your friend on a ski trip'...or whatever....yeah she might

(note..these are just all made up scenarios off the top of my head LOL>> just trying to convey the "feeling" I have about this)

I agree too that maybe they don't want the "friends" to say too much so as to not tip off "him" by chance

JMO of course

My own personal opinion is the person *knew* her, but that she didn't necessarily know him. I think he knew she was going to be at the concert, and circumstances were that she came to be outside, separated from her friends and he made his move. I suspect it was someone she initially at least would have felt safe with. Again, just my gut feeling about this.

i think you have something here, she knew him through someone....maybe met briefly...but didn't really know him. he is younger and cute......
just a feeling
bluestarzzz

the scary part about today with facebook/myspace/twitter etc.all these social network sites is that it is easy for someone to know all about you.as in Morgans case.perp probably knew her whole plans for the day stayed in the background without her even knowing it.it would be easy for him to post as someone else.he could easily go to a library etc.use different computer than his own.just a thought.im sure a college student would have access to many terminals.

Snipped for space
BBM

Walker, i hear what you are saying, however the bail is $150,000. If the perp(s) killed Morgan due to her being from a wealthier background, and the perp's family and friends are aware of events that evening, why wouldn't one of them go for the $150,000 reward?

Fear of "mountain justice"?

The reward is so high, it seems to be focused on the possibility that the perp(s) or family/friends that the reward is targeting may already come from money, IMO.

Probably no more than three individuals have direct knowledge of whatever happened that night.

Morgan was a very attractive young woman, IMO, the perp(s) most likely had sexual motives as well. Perhaps things got out of control, drugs, then sexual assault/rape, then murder. I would think the perp knew her prior, and maybe was obsessed with her. She may not have known him well, or she may have known him. Something triggered him, (remains unknown as to what) and maybe once the perp(s) realized that they had already gone too far, they got angry.

Maybe the perp(s) intended a kidnapping, but something went wrong? Perhaps they were planning to hide her in that abandoned tool shed nearby where her body was found, while demanding ransom.

The "fact" that either the Harringtons or LE has/had asked the friends to remain quiet has not been confirmed by any one in an official position. A "friend" (who posts on the FM website) of the friends says she/he was told by the friends that Dr. Harrington had requested they remain quiet.

IMHO if this were true, Dr. Harrington (who has been asked the question on the FM forum) would have made a statement to that effect. By doing that he would have removed a lot of "heat" the friends have received as a result of their silence.

I believe the friends silence (not assuming any guilt or innocence here) is as a result of lawyers the friends have hired.

I replied in blue as it was easier that way.

The Harringtons have told the friends to be quiet, which was mentioned on FM site. At this point, with LE having cleared the friends, i'm sure the Harringtons have a good reason for telling the friends to not talk.

Gil did write the poem, it is her way of expressing the horror we have expereinced and continue to live. dan

Welcome Dapper! We are glad to have you here and please know that we are so sorry about your tragic loss and what you are having to go through on a daily basis.

Our prayers are with you, your wife and son.

The only thing that discounts the "someone knew she would be there" is that how would they know where to find her?? Finding friends at concerts, festivals, events like this is really hard....unless your seats are "together"...or you arrive together..

it is just impossible to find people at events like this IMHO
plus...it is night...noisy...loud heavy metal music...lighting effects...crowds and crowds...various exits and doors and areas...just mind boggling

I think it is much more likely that "some guy"..probably cute, "semi known" to Morgan, offered her a ride, she was cold, frustrated...maybe he offered to take her to a party

and it all went bad from there JMO
I do think "he" may have been out "prowling" for >?>...but I doubt he was targeting Morgan....my guess is he was up to "no good"....but maybe did not set out to murder

The "fact" that either the Harringtons or LE has/had asked the friends to remain quiet has not been confirmed by any one in an official position. A "friend" (who posts on the FM website) of the friends says she/he was told by the friends that Dr. Harrington had requested they remain quiet.

IMHO if this were true, Dr. Harrington (who has been asked the question on the FM forum) would have made a statement to that effect. By doing that he would have removed a lot of "heat" the friends have received as a result of their silence.

I believe the friends silence (not assuming any guilt or innocence here) is as a result of lawyers the friends have hired.

A more likely reason would be that it is inappropriate and in poor taste for them to be talking about her case in public.

When people close to the victim talk about things like that to the public at large they are in effect serving as public entertainment at the expense of the victim, it is just plain tacky. As a mark of respect they need to keep their mouths shut in public and only talk to LE and the family as required and when requested.

I hope her poem tears at the heart of the person involved like it did mine....but then that implies they have a heart...

the scary part about today with facebook/myspace/twitter etc.all these social network sites is that it is easy for someone to know all about you.as in Morgans case.perp probably knew her whole plans for the day stayed in the background without her even knowing it.it would be easy for him to post as someone else.he could easily go to a library etc.use different computer than his own.just a thought.im sure a college student would have access to many terminals.

I had asked on the other thread if Morgan had posted online about her plans. I don't see why not; she was excited about the concert and I think it's likely she did mention it on FB or myspace and elsewhere online.

I think it was her flickr account that had weird messages from an older guy in Massachusetts. Someone who just happened upon her pictures and was smitten with her to a point. It's not inconceivable that someone either happened upon her FB, myspace, classmates (whatever) page or actually knew her from VT, UVA, high school, through friends of friends, etc., and was keeping up with her posts. And I don't think it was necessarily someone she was aware of or had befriended online, and I don't think it was necessarily a college-age person. I've gone on FB and myspace and searched for old friends and people I haven't seen or heard from for years and was able to find them. It's not a stretch (IMO) to think that perhaps someone who knew her from afar (as it were) had done the same. And even if she never outright posted she was attending the concert, it's also quite possible that a comment from a friend would have made that clear.

The only thing that discounts the "someone knew she would be there" is that how would they know where to find her?? Finding friends at concerts, festivals, events like this is really hard....unless your seats are "together"...or you arrive together..

plus...it is night...noisy...loud heavy metal music...lighting effects...crowds and crowds...various exits and doors and areas...just mind boggling
<snipped>

I wouldn't underestimate the ability or tenacity of a stalker. I have a friend who was stalked by an older man who knew her only through a brief encounter on her job. He didn't know her name or where she lived, yet on more than one occasion she found him waiting for her (by the stores' exit doors) after she'd gone shopping. This was not in a small town, and the store lots were quite large. He did know where she worked, but her hours were quite unusual and varied. Nonetheless, he was waiting by her car one evening as she got off work.

I had asked on the other thread if Morgan had posted online about her plans. I don't see why not; she was excited about the concert and I think it's likely she did mention it on FB or myspace and elsewhere online.

I think it was her flickr account that had weird messages from an older guy in Massachusetts. Someone who just happened upon her pictures and was smitten with her to a point. It's not inconceivable that someone either happened upon her FB, myspace, classmates (whatever) page or actually knew her from VT, UVA, high school, through friends of friends, etc., and was keeping up with her posts. And I don't think it was necessarily someone she was aware of or had befriended online, and I don't think it was necessarily a college-age person. I've gone on FB and myspace and searched for old friends and people I haven't seen or heard from for years and was able to find them. It's not a stretch (IMO) to think that perhaps someone who knew her from afar (as it were) had done the same. And even if she never outright posted she was attending the concert, it's also quite possible that a comment from a friend would have made that clear.
thanks calliope my point exactly im sure she was probably communicating with the so called eight.im sure they talked about the concert where they were sitting etc.it would be very easy for someone to eavesdrop on that.thats why i just dont buy that she just wondered outside the arena.something happened to get her outside my belief.

i knows theres been a lot of discussion about the purse and cell phone.i just kind of get a feeling it was left as a message.i think the camera was kept as a trophy (imo).just sounds like something a stalker would do.

i knows theres been a lot of discussion about the purse and cell phone.i just kind of get a feeling it was left as a message.i think the camera was kept as a trophy (imo).just sounds like something a stalker would do.

And the necklace apparently.

BTW, my above post about her flickr account? I was mistaken. It was a 'find morgan' account.

Still, the message left was posted before she was found, and it appears the person who left it wasn't aware she was missing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/findmorgan/4062241605/in/set-72157622581459145/

Hi my name is **** you have a very nice face and very cute too and I know that some day I will have some one like you in my life it's just that some people are just to far away for me to be friend's with them but I come to you so you and I can be come very good friend's and I like yo have my friendship with you to be slow so I don't make and miss understanding's with you.
About me I'm 5.6 and I ahve black hair and brown eye's and I love to get E-mail's too.
My E-mail is at **** and thank you.

If you google the name, it seems he's all over, messaging women and looking for dates.

I do NOT think this person is connected to this case in any way, just using this to illustrate my point above.

thanks calliope my point exactly im sure she was probably communicating with the so called eight.im sure they talked about the concert where they were sitting etc.it would be very easy for someone to eavesdrop on that.thats why i just dont buy that she just wondered outside the arena.something happened to get her outside my belief.

Well, that's another thought along the lines of what I was saying (or trying to... I'm a bit drugged after injuring my back and may not be as clear as I think lol).

I can go to my daughter's myspace page and then track through her contacts (and their contacts). I think it's very possible that either through Morgan's online pages or through her friends' pages that someone could have very easily found out their plans for the night, even the area where they would be seated, who was going, etc.

I wouldn't underestimate the ability or tenacity of a stalker. I have a friend who was stalked by an older man who knew her only through a brief encounter on her job. He didn't know her name or where she lived, yet on more than one occasion she found him waiting for her (by the stores' exit doors) after she'd gone shopping. This was not in a small town, and the store lots were quite large. He did know where she worked, but her hours were quite unusual and varied. Nonetheless, he was waiting by her car one evening as she got off work.

In chain stores, retail security cameras are often monitored by higher level of security via computer. JMO: These camera systems can be hacked by shoplifting gangs who study the store's activity & personnel via remote. Anyone could have access.

In chain stores, retail security cameras are often monitored by higher level of security via computer. JMO: These camera systems can be hacked by shoplifting gangs who study the store's activity & personnel via remote. Anyone could have access.

She doesn't work in retail, if you mean he could have accessed her going to and from work. He's much older that she is... late 60's I think.

I think it is much more likely that "some guy"..probably cute, "semi known" to Morgan, offered her a ride, she was cold, frustrated...maybe he offered to take her to a party

and it all went bad from there JMO
I do think "he" may have been out "prowling" for >?>...but I doubt he was targeting Morgan....my guess is he was up to "no good"....but maybe did not set out to murder

ITA! I do not believe a stalker was outside the arena waiting for her that night. There are many things that LE knows that we don't. I think she either got into a car with someone (by way of any of your scenarios in your earlier post) Or she was abducted, which remains to be seen.

I also wanted to add that if Morgan had any plans set up for that night, LE would know. She would have had to make a phone call, text or respond via facebook, myspace, email etc. There is still the possibility that she ran into someone she knew. However where would they have gone? She wasn't seen at local bars or hangouts. No one reported seeing her at a party, so this leaves me to believe that whoever picked her up that night had plans to be "alone" with her.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member