Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the findmorgan site; I'd have to search his posts, but as I recall someone asked about that possibility and he said yes.
IIRC and maybe I dont, it was some type of metallica or music fansite. Does anyone recall exactly? And the issue came up here in some thread somewhere here with some expressing concern.

wish i could remember

I bet the page has been locked or taken down (I'd hope LE would have done so). It also goes to my theory that somehow, he "knew" her.

ETA: you mention the photo you saw... can you describe it? Was it a photo or a webcam shot?

sorry i just back onine and saw this.

I'll try to find it; but IIRC her hair was sort swept differently maybe to one side and the background... dang it; It's on the tip of my tongue, but it was unusually outstanding like WOW and omg gorgeous wow.

http://www.facebook.com/Metallica

On Metallica's page, you can click "events" and then click "view guest list". Lists everyone who RSVP'd the specific concert, with their photos and links to their facebook page. I wonder if LE has scoured those who responded (even those who said 'maybe' or 'declined').

Sorry to thrice post myself in a row, but this sounds exactly like the scenario I remember seeing, replete witht the wow pic and the exact info and details etc.

Prof, "This seems plausible to me, but there are a lot of people who wear Tech gear around C'ville, so it still doesn't give a sense of who it was, but maybe asking the patrons of the wings place to think about this one more time..."

Exactly. Whenever I watch these cold-case files and forensic shows (I know, I know... bear with me here lol) they are always saying that cases are solved not only with newer technology available nowadays, but from going back to the beginning and looking at them again, often with a "fresh", perhaps unbiased, pair of eyes. This might be where a private detective, someone with homicide investigative experience, could come in and retrace Morgan's steps from before the concert through to when and where she was found. I'd say the starting point should be from when she heard of and decided she was going to attend the concert. Fit all the pieces together and perhaps those that are missing will become apparent.

Sorry to thrice post myself in a row, but this sounds exactly like the scenario I remember seeing, replete witht the wow pic and the exact info and details etc.

Oh no :(

Prof, "This seems plausible to me, but there are a lot of people who wear Tech gear around C'ville, so it still doesn't give a sense of who it was, but maybe asking the patrons of the wings place to think about this one more time..."

Exactly. Whenever I watch these cold-case files and forensic shows (I know, I know... bear with me here lol) they are always saying that cases are solved not only with newer technology available nowadays, but from going back to the beginning and looking at them again, often with a "fresh", perhaps unbiased, pair of eyes. This might be where a private detective, someone with homicide investigative experience, could come in and retrace Morgan's steps from before the concert through to when and where she was found. I'd say the starting point should be from when she heard of and decided she was going to attend the concert. Fit all the pieces together and perhaps those that are missing will become apparent.

Ah, a thought just hit me, prompted by your post. Your question about pre-concert seems very relevant. What if, for instance, Morgan and her friends were partying in C'ville somewhere before the concert, and in fact watched the first part of the Va Tech game with a group of similarly inclined fans, before leaving to go to the concert?

At 9:30, about half an hour after the game ends, a Tech fan who watched the game, finished his beer, got into his car, and headed home coincidentally came across Morgan hitchhiking at Copeley/Ivy intersection (if he was heading west from town...the other wings place near the train station?) or on Copeley Bridge (less traveled than Ivy/250 business), and was either part of the group that was earlier enjoying the game with her group, or recognized her from there enough to be able to break the ice.

I agree that what happened before the concert may be key to what happened after, though that has been downplayed. And LE may know all of this from the friends...

Ah, a thought just hit me, prompted by your post. Your question about pre-concert seems very relevant. What if, for instance, Morgan and her friends were partying in C'ville somewhere before the concert, and in fact watched the first part of the Va Tech game with a group of similarly inclined fans, before leaving to go to the concert?

At 9:30, about half an hour after the game ends, a Tech fan who watched the game, finished his beer, got into his car, and headed home coincidentally came across Morgan hitchhiking at Copeley/Ivy intersection (if he was heading west from town...the other wings place near the train station?) or on Copeley Bridge (less traveled than Ivy/250 business), and was either part of the group that was earlier enjoying the game with her group, or recognized her from there enough to be able to break the ice.

I agree that what happened before the concert may be key to what happened after, though that has been downplayed. And LE may know all of this from the friends...

Like it's been pointed out before, as far as students from this area, VT / JMU / UVa is pretty much just one big campus. Meaning they all know many people attending each, so Morgan and friends hanging with others in Charlottesville prior to the concert is entirely possible (even probable).

In my post about what happened before the concert, I'd like to see someone retrace her steps from back when she first decided to attend. What did she do to prepare, who was involved, and so on. For example, kant's post about Morgan posting so much detail online. Who responded to her posts? What were their plans? Was there any talk about meeting up in Charlottesville before the concert or at JPJ? Even if no one suggested meeting up with Morgan and friends, did anyone seem particularly interested in what Morgan was planning for the night and/or weekend? Was that group of four the original and only ones planning to go together to the concert? When and why was it decided to take her car and that she wouldn't be driving?

And so on...

Hi Gnomony....yes this "feels" a lot like the sad case of Michelle Gardner-Quinn..and so many others....the gal in NYC, who was killed by the bouncer....that gal in Ohio who was last seen with a guy at a bar, even Natalee Holloway case...

usually the "perp" is someone in the victim's life...spouse/ex/sig other/whatever....but many times with young women the perp is a stranger or barely known....escalated rapes IMHO

I don't think an "ex" murdered Morgan...I don't think it was a conspiracy...nor someone targeting her for her charity work in Africa...I don't think her friends conspired to kill her....I also don't think a "stalker" would follow her 60 miles to a concert that she was attending with friends...how would a "stalker" know that she would get seperated from them and not have her car keys?? Why wouldn't a stalker simply stalk er around her apartment/campus??

And I truly don't think someone is playing "word games" here...nor do I feel this is a "cult"

Actually the fact that NO one has claimed that reward money is one more indication that this perp acted alone : he won't "rat" out himself

~~~~~~
p7byrd : Great find about the "hunting" connection

I think the "one" you are speaking of is very very possible...right age, nice looking, local, and now a hunting connection

Logicalminds you're my hero! I swear you are in my head!

I think the most simplist explanation is the best. Some perp acting alone kidnapped and/or killed Morgan. I dunno if he raped her or not, probably, but I dont do believe in grand conspiracies. IMO, Morgan's case is similar to other young folk that have been murdered by some out of control individual. There are holes in this story yes, but it doesnt mean there is some elaborate answer. Sometimes the truth is elusive before a case is solved.

I just hope the guy that killed MH is finally caught cause that is one twisted individual running around out there and the chances that he doesnt do it again are slim.

thanks ptp as i said in a previous quote i think LE needs to really take a close look at where these kids were at and around before the concert.thanks again

Parents of Morgan Harrington make another trip to Charlottesville
March 1, 2010
<snipped>
It'll take several months for DNA tests to come back in the case of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who was killed after she left a rock concert. Meanwhile, Harrington's parents have made another trip to Charlottesville.

Her mom, Gil was wearing her daugher's bracelet. "This bracelet has witnessed some unspeakable things. It conjures Morgan to me when I wear it," said Gil Harrington. The bracelet one of the many reminders of their daughter.

Gil Harrington wore the bracelet as the Harrington's visited the bridge this week, where their daughter was last seen alive. "I took out some of the old flowers, planted some new ones," said Dan Harrington. "I've started cleaning out her apartment this week, and we're cleaning out the bridge for her," said Gil.

Gil said they are still looking for justice and she's confident her daughters killer or killers will be found.

Gil Harrington wore Morgan's bracelet as the Harrington's visited the bridge this week, where their daughter was last seen alive.
12064226_BG1.jpg

Article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12064226

:angel:

That has been and continues to be my primary theory that she voluntarily left with a stranger after finding herself in an untenable position without many options (she was outside in the rain/cold, no money, no phone, no keys) She was the damsel in distress and b/c she was a nice girl, well taken care of by her daddy and her brother, sadly with naive trust in her fellow man, she accepted aid from a safe-appearing stranger.

SusieMom, great points. I never drove I-81 when I lived in C'ville at night, but you are right, lots of truck traffic.

When I was a student there, it was common to find posters that students would put up asking for rides (or looking for riders) to head home, or to another college, over the weekend, and share gas money. Probably not as common now but I bet it still happens. I wonder if she saw one, and made a call. Unlikely but a possibility.

I agree the murderer didn't know the area well - IF she was already dead, there are lots of back roads in Albemarle County and the area that could have been used as a dumping ground. Someone who didn't know the area may not risk getting lost. That part of 29 is far enough outside of town to get away from the city traffic, yet not too far to risk getting pulled over.

Followed my friends from Find Morgan to Websleuths. Hoping for an arrest any day now! This is such a tragic story (like so many daily) and I am praying for justice to be served. WTH is wrong in this world? I have been lurking through this site and it just shocks me as to how much violence and destruction exists on a daily basis. I am lost for words.
Please help find Morgan's killer!

If the first part of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1l40GLFms was the area where the body was found, I don't think it was a trucker or an RV owner. The road looks so narrow and would it be a pain in the *advertiser censored* to turn around. A truck, probably even without a trailer, and an RV would have to get in the grass just to turn around. An experienced driver, especially with a murdered person in their possession, would likely be afraid of leaving tire tracks on the nonpaved area or getting stuck and needing a tow truck.

Followed my friends from Find Morgan to Websleuths. Hoping for an arrest any day now! This is such a tragic story (like so many daily) and I am praying for justice to be served. WTH is wrong in this world? I have been lurking through this site and it just shocks me as to how much violence and destruction exists on a daily basis. I am lost for words.
Please help find Morgan's killer!

Pip! Welcome! Always nice to have new people :) It is hard to imagine the evil in the world, I know... I take a lot of inspiration from Gil's blogs from Find Morgan. She is very uplifting & amazing...

I agree the murderer didn't know the area well.

I got the impression that LE was clearly signaling that the murderer knew the specific area where she was found quite well. It doesn't seem to me to be a place you would get to in the dark (with another person, alive or otherwise) unless you knew where you were going.

I got the impression that LE was clearly signaling that the murderer knew the specific area where she was found quite well. It doesn't seem to me to be a place you would get to in the dark (with another person, alive or otherwise) unless you knew where you were going.

Maybe they know that stretch of 29, but if you are heading out towards, say, Free Union, and do the "loop" that brings you through White Hall and eventually Crozet, there is a lot of nothing back there. This is northwest of town.

29 is a busy road - in the youtube video they are talking to the farmer along that road, you can get an idea of the (at least daytime) traffic. I'd expect traffic to be busy if the body was dumped that night, with all the students from VATech/Radford/etc. driving back home.

I don't see why anyone would park there, and either force her to walk an entire mile or drag the body, when it looks like there were spots along the way (even on that "trail") that would have been suitable for stopping.

I think the killer wanted to get her as far from the road as possible.

Another thought - what if the killer "wanted" the body to be found? Place it on the edge of a farm, figure the farmer is going to find it.

29 is a busy road - in the youtube video they are talking to the farmer along that road, you can get an idea of the (at least daytime) traffic. I'd expect traffic to be busy if the body was dumped that night, with all the students from VATech/Radford/etc. driving back home.

I don't see why anyone would park there

I agree about parking on 29. I gather that the prevailing hypothesis is that she was brought in from the other side, through the residential development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member