Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan and Gil Harrington speak at John Paul Jones Arena five months after Morgan's disappearance
March 17th 03:22pm
<snipped>
"We come to Charlottesville about every two to three weeks. And we don't always meet with folks like you," said Dan Harrington, referring to members of the press. The family visits Charlottesville roughly every two or three weeks. "But we will continue to meet. And we are meeting with police on a regular basis."

"It is easy to be complacent," added Dan Harrington. "Five months is a long time, and I think it's important for us to remembe that we need to keep it in the forefront of the public. And we will, as much as we can."

Dan Harrington then distributed a list titled "Missing and/or Murdered in Virginia," featuring the names of 18 individuals, including Morgan, reported missing or dead since August 28, 2009. Gil Harrington also shared her perceptions of the person she deems responsible for her daughter's death, saying that there is a "man-monster in Charlottesville" who "makes sport out of killing."

Article:
http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?ca...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgan Harrington’s parents talk about case in Charlottesville
Published: March 17, 2010
<snipped>
Dr. Dan Harrington and Gil Harrington hope to get more information from the public to help police catch their daughter’s killer.

The parents of Morgan Harrington talked with reporters in Charlottesville Wednesday afternoon, in front of the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena (JPJ), where Morgan disappeared from following a Metallica concert this past Fall.

Article:
http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news...nts_talk_about_case_in_charlottesville/19059/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgan Harrington’s parents talk on 5 month anniversary of her death
Updated: March 18, 2010
<snipped>
State Police officials tell us that Morgan likely fell outside John Paul Jones Arena that night, cutting her chin.

The Harringtons also speculated about a possible connection between Morgan’s murder and a list of unsolved missing person cases in the Charlottesville and Southwest Virginia area. They even handed out a flier with a list of unsolved cases on it.

“There is a man, monster in Charlottesville who likes to hurt young girls,” Gil Harrington said. State Police tell us they’ve found no connections to any other cases.

Finally, Gil Harrington said the killer broke Morgan’s bones.

“I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind, nor the jagged feel of the fractures on my fingers.”

She ended by reading one of her blog postings to her deceased daughter.

“I try not to think about the pain you were in as you were slaughtered. Were you still alive when you were brought to Anchorage Farm to be hunted like a deer running frantically over the hay-stubble, desperate to escape, trying to survive. Crying. Screaming. I see it. I hear it. Or were you brought there already dead like a slab of meat, carrion to be discarded and dumped in the field to rot, another carcass on the hunting preserve. These images haunt me at night.”

Video: Morgan Harrington’s parents talk on 5 month anniversary of her death 2:54
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/video/detail/27069704-837c-102d-a6fd-001ec92a4a0d/87576/

Article:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...nts_talk_about_case_in_charlottesville/87469/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgan Harrington's parents talk about their daughter's case
March 17, 2010
<snipped>
It's been five months since Morgan Harrington went missing. On Wednesday, her parents talked about their frustration.

The Harringtons also talked about how frustrated they are that it's taking so long to get DNA results back from the medical examiner.

"She'll never have a marriage, she'll never have a graduation, she'll never have a child, she'll never have a career, but there is a person or persons that is here in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area who everyday walks among you all," said Dan Harrington.

To honor Morgan, the family plans to participate in the Charlottesville and Roanoke "Take Back the Night" events, which raises awareness of sexual assault and abuse against women.

Article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12157587
Harringtons Stop By John Paul Jones
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 4:57 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 17, 2010 5:13 PM EDT
<snipped>
They asked everyone to think about anything they may remember about the night their daughter disappeared. The Harringtons also say they want to bring attention to safety at the University of Virginia, and the Charlottesville area; especially for women.

"We do have her body, which is a comfort," said Gil Harrington. "But we don't have answers, and we need answers and we need justice."

Video: Harringtons Stop By John Paul Jones
http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4629667&autostart=true

Article:
http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12157600
Morgan Harrington's Parents Speak to her Murderer
Months after her remains were found the family returns hoping to convince the killer of their 20-year old daughter to come forward.

March 17, 2010
<snipped>
Five months since Morgan disappeared and almost two months since her remains were found on a farm near UVA's campus, there are no suspects and no persons of interest. Police say their investigation in ongoing but they have no strong leads.

"As a mother I beg the women to be prudent," said Gil. "Look after each other."

The Harringtons say other women in the surrounding area are at risk while Morgan's killer remains at large. They say Morgan's remains - indicate the killer broke her bones. They imagine her torture and can't imagine it happening again, not on their watch.

"Whether it be through compassion for Harringtons, whether it be guilt, they need to come forward."

Video: Harrington Case: Criminal Profiler Take On The Investigation
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harringtonprofiler,0,5415571.tivideo

Article:
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harrington-parents-return-speak-to-murderer,0,1050314.story
Gil Harrington Writes of a "Sadistic Monster" Walking Free
Updated: 7:41 PM Mar 17, 2010
<snipped>
On her blog, Gil Harrington wrote:

"The nights can be difficult. When you are between sleep and wake your defenses dip and then unwanted thoughts and images come roaring in. I try not to think of how scared you were, the terror you felt. I try not to think of how much pain you were in as you were slaughtered.

"Were you still alive when they brought you to Anchorage Farm? To be hunted like a deer running frantically over the hay stubble in the field desperate to escape, trying to survive, crying, screaming, I see it. I hear it. Or, were you brought there already dead, like a slab of meat, carrion to be discarded and dumped in the field to rot - just another carcass in the hunting preserve.

"These images haunt me at night. During the day I can usually shake them off and focus on our job, trying to find your murderer. Other girls are in danger while this sadistic monster walks free. We will never rest until he is put away. Morgan will you help us, in what ever way you can to remove his evil from the world?"

Article:
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/88221577.html?ref=577
Group taking thousands of pounds of much needed medical and other supplies to Zambia
3/17/10
<snipped>
It's about a place thousands of miles away on another continent. A Roanoke based group known as the Orphan Medical Network International will travel to Zambia to bring help through the smallest of things such as a cough drop or a bar of soap.

The life expectancy there is only 32 years old. It is a place where mothers are dying of HIV/AIDS and children are starving.

So OMNI workers are packing to go on a medical mission near the Congo border. One of the nurses is the mother of murder victim Morgan Harrington.

Morgan's abduction and murder dominated news in Western Virginia for months.

Gil says Morgan used to help prepare for these missions.

Video: Roanoke based group working to bring necessities to Zambia (03/17) 3:35
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...default&clipId=4629663&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12158136
Family: Morgan Harrington bones were shattered
<snipped>
When Morgan D. Harrington’s bones were found in an Albemarle County pasture, they had been shattered and broken into jagged pieces, her parents said Wednesday.

“When you view … not just a skeleton, but brutal damage to a skeleton, you can imagine what [her mother] must have gone through,” the victim’s father, Dan Harrington, said.

Gil Harrington said she believes the person who killed her daughter caused the damage to her bones. “I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind,” Harrington said.

State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller declined to comment Wednesday on the state of the remains.

Police are continuing to investigate the case, and leads are still coming in, Geller said. Police don’t have suspects yet, she said. “The man who did this — and I am confident that it is a man — is being protected by his environment, by people in his environment, and that needs to stop,” Gil Harrington said.

Officials continue to wait on the results of DNA testing, Dan Harrington said. “One thing that we have clearly learned ... is that things do not work as they do on ‘CSI,’” he said, referring to the television program that focuses on solving crimes.

The Harringtons also highlighted other Virginia murders and disappearances that have happened since August.

Article:
http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...morgan_harrington_bones_were_shattered/53752/
Parents of slain Virginia Tech student believe murder is related to Colonial Parkway killings
3/17/10
<snipped>
The parents of the Virginia Tech student who was kidnapped and murdered after a Charlottesville concert are now worried her killing is part of a larger crime spree. Her father said the murder could even be related to the Colonial Parkway killings.

Today Gil Harrington went to the Copley Bridge in Charlottesville, the last place her daughter Morgan was seen alive.

She placed a chrome angel atop a spreading memorial. She chose this sculpture because it is featureless. It's not just for Morgan, but for a number of young women mostly who have vanished or who've been slain in a series of unsolved crimes.

"This is not his first crime. He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way," Gil Harrington said.

Morgan's father distributed a map showing the disappearances or murders of several people like Morgan in the past year. He's also aware of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, the victim of an unknown highway stalker in the Charlottesville area. In the mid 1990s, a man targeted women on Rt. 29. Morgan's body was found not far from where Reynold's remains were dumped more than a decade earlier. Dan Harrington thinks the cases may be related.

"We have discussed that with police. They have not commented nor committed that Morgan's death is connected to that, but clearly it is being considered. It is also being considered with the Colonial Parkway Murders," he said.

Harrington's parents say if someone does not turn him in, he will surely strike again.

Video: Harrington's parents believe her murder related to Colonial Parkway murders 2:48
http://www.wtkr.com/videobeta/9307f...er-murder-related-to-Colonial-Parkway-murders

Article:
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-morgan-harrington-cp-murders,0,6816155.story

:angel:

Shattered? It's possible he beat her savagely, shattering her bones. But I wonder too if he returned some time after and further desecrated her remains?

When I heard shattered, I thought perhaps of someone hitting her with a car or truck. They hide the body to give them time to repair the damage to their vehicle and so that any vehicle parts that may have been at the scene could not be traced back to them. Some odd vehicle parts or glass along the side of a road would not raise alarm without a body. I wonder if LE has checked out repair shops in the area?

wow. just wow.

I really wasn't expecting such a description, but then again, we are talking about Gil and Dan, who are willing to share their very souls to teach us about evil.

Somehow, their words are almost too personal sounding for it to have been car damage, in my mind.

OMG. :::shaking head oh, so sadly:::

oh god, the pain they are going through, I really can not imagine how I could even get through something like this, losing my daughter. May God continue to be with you through this horrific time. And He will be!

No parent should ever have to go through this. I think LE would be able to tell if the broken bones looked like the results of getting hit by a car - and I'm sure they'd tell the Harringtons to ease their pain.

A short note on the Copeley Bridge memorial spells out the Harrington's frustrations, five long months without answers.

"I can not get the image of Morgan's shattered bones out of my mind," said Gil Harrington.

There is no person of interest, but Gil Harrington describes her daughter's killer as a violent, sadistic and dangerous man.

"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way. This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her," said Gil Harrington.

more at link...

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12157629

Shattered bones suggests a violent impact. If it occurred while she was alive then what probably happened is that she was hit by a speeding vehicle while she was wandering around outside the stadium, and the driver decided to hide the body rather than just leave it there.

Alternatively, the body could have been run over by a vehicle at some point after it had been hidden, while it was in the field, the farmer's tractor for example.

When I heard shattered, I thought perhaps of someone hitting her with a car or truck. They hide the body to give them time to repair the damage to their vehicle and so that any vehicle parts that may have been at the scene could not be traced back to them. Some odd vehicle parts or glass along the side of a road would not raise alarm without a body. I wonder if LE has checked out repair shops in the area?

That is what I immediately thought when read about shattered bones. Someone driving while intoxicated, maybe with a prior arrest who didn't want his license revoked. He may have been "just" hiding the body.

ETA
She was wearing dark clothing and could have stepped in front of a vehicle exiting the parking lot where her purse was found. Maybe the driver thought he had too much to lose to report the accident and just wanted to get her out of sight.

It hurts to read her parent's writings....their pain is so evident :(

Shattered?? Surely LE can figure out why....did this happen in the field, a tractor,
an atv ??

were her bones "broken" or "shattered" or?? Was she beaten or blugeoned to death??
Is that why LE calls it "murder"??

or are the injuries consistent with a traffic accident?? The only thing that keeps me thinking that didn't happen is that surely there would be blood on the road/debris, etc...and there wasn't

LE is not saying...really we just don't know...back to square one

and just think...whoever did this is OUT there...that is really scary

It hurts to read her parent's writings....their pain is so evident :(

Shattered?? Surely LE can figure out why....did this happen in the field, a tractor,
an atv ??

were her bones "broken" or "shattered" or?? Was she beaten or blugeoned to death??
Is that why LE calls it "murder"??

or are the injuries consistent with a traffic accident?? The only thing that keeps me thinking that didn't happen is that surely there would be blood on the road/debris, etc...and there wasn't

LE is not saying...really we just don't know...back to square one

and just think...whoever did this is OUT there...that is really scary

Just amazed at the report of Morgan's bones being "shattered," and I, too, thought of an accident more quickly than a murder.

Small point, but I think LE classified it as a homicide (which vehicular could be?), but agree that if it looked like a vehicle had hit her, they would have let her parents know that (wouldn't they?).

Still, the weirdness of this whole case seems to merit investigating anything that will bring closure. While it's hard to believe a car would be at a high enough rate of speed leaving a parking lot, if Morgan made it all the way to Ivy Road, and then stepped into traffic or something, a car could have been clipping along at 35-40 mph (35 zone, iirc).

Or, a car leaving Lannigan could have hit her and she could have hit her head on the pavement, but that wouldn't have left shattered bones most likely, and the last report was that she was on Copeley Bridge, which would be across the street from Lannigan parking.

I believe, too, that the farmer hadn't been out there in awhile working the field, nor was he planning to until this month (iirc), so the tractor/heavy equipment idea seems less likely (unless it was intentional, under cover from the farmer, and intended to hide evidence).

When I read "shattered bones," I tend to think of many shattered bones, as in a car accident. But... would what was said be consistent with two or three blows with a tire iron? Perhaps a fractured skull and fractured hands or forearms, raised in defense?

. But... would what was said be consistent with two or three blows with a tire iron? Perhaps a fractured skull and fractured hands or forearms, raised in defense?

This is what I am thinking, something more along severe beating. Never entered my mind to think car. Guess you have to put all of Gil's words together to get that, the words about the murderer, the words about the bones, etc...

Shattered? It's possible he beat her savagely, shattering her bones. But I wonder too if he returned some time after and further desecrated her remains?

video of Gil on JVM - Jane is going to have Gil back on.

I give her parents credit for doing what they did.. those following this post on WS know that with no new information, the thread has been slow. Her parents holding another press conference are making sure that she stays in the news.

You are more involved in this case then I am.. has anyone discussed her falling from the bridge onto the tracks? I wondered if it's why her scent stopped at the bridge? There was also talk that a jacket or piece of clothing may have blown Morgans scent on the tracks; what was the possibility that she walked to the tracks because it was the quickest route or she could hop a freight train? Might sound like a long shot but we used to do exactly that to hitch rides when we were teens. One guy we hung out with lost his leg.

I personally do not feel as though Morgan sustained her "shattered" bones after being hit by a vehicle. When Gil uses the word "hunt" and makes a point to state "this was not an accident" and "he broke her bones before killing her" makes me think this is far more gruesome than I had ever imagined. I feel so sorry for this family. Gil is obviously educated and puts a lot of thought into her blogs and statements released to the public. If Morgan died in an accident. I don't think there would be such emphasis on Morgan being brutally murdered. IMO

such horrifying news.sounds like a BUNDY type murder.sad news is the Harringtons stating that LE has no persons of interest in mind.i have to wonder if LE knew that the Harringtons would give this description of the body.I believe they gave this description to keep us digging.LE has no clue so i think they will have to tell us more about what they do know.maybe once they get the dna evidence back they will tell us more at least if they get crackpots confessing they will have someone to test.jmo

I came to check on Morgan's thread of any news and saw the news about her bones having been shattered. Just how much pain do her parents have to endure? This monster murderer needs to be found NOW! This just makes me sick to know what these parents have seen.

Morgan may have been run over as she lay in the field. Over, and over, and over again by 4-wheelers, or even by the murderer himself.

IF 18 people have been murdered and there have been no leads as of yet, then there has to be more done. Somehow, some way.

May God bless the Harringtons.

This is why I don't go metal detecting anymore by myself...there is a serial killer in Virginia..It worries me because we have so many missing..all up Interstate 81..most are north near Washington DC and Virgina Beach..but we have several that are with-in 50 miles of Harrisonburg..
The person from Elkton (GOOD)has never been found..she had 3 children was pregnant with married LE officer's child..she disappeared ...never been found ...he moved to Florida

Showalter was found but murderer never found
White...her boyfriend also had another missing girlfriend??
but I didn't know there were 18 unsolved murders.

I came to check on Morgan's thread of any news and saw the news about her bones having been shattered. Just how much pain do her parents have to endure? This monster murderer needs to be found NOW! This just makes me sick to know what these parents have seen.

Morgan may have been run over as she lay in the field. Over, and over, and over again by 4-wheelers, or even by the murderer himself.

IF 18 people have been murdered and there have been no leads as of yet, then there has to be more done. Somehow, some way.

May God bless the Harringtons.

MH's body may have been dropped from a plane, after she was already dead. In this case, then at least two people were involved.

This is what I am thinking, something more along severe beating. Never entered my mind to think car. Guess you have to put all of Gil's words together to get that, the words about the murderer, the words about the bones, etc...

Yep. The parents talk about slaughter and murder as well. "Shattered" has to be put into that context.
They have to know more about what happened but are not saying publicly, and I just don't think it was a car accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper