Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a B-2. I think we're onto something here.

Yeah. Maybe the pilot was originally from Anchorage, which is why he dropped the body there.

How much does it cost to rent a B-2 by the hour? There must be records, right?

Yeah. Maybe the pilot was originally from Anchorage, which is why he dropped the body there.

Records? One would think so, unless of course it took off from a private strip.

And I'd think the hourly rental rate would be quite pricey, then again, you can never discount a local billionaire actually owning one. And you know how those rich kids like to always borrow the keys.

This sounds a bit crazy Walker, with all due respect, as I enjoy reading your posts on this thread. The killer researched a particular longitude and latitude whose numbers corresponded to, say, his birthday, and then somehow in the dark of night took the time to drop Morgan's body at these coordinates? And why, exactly? To leave a clue? As far as the name "Anchorage" Farms goes, her body wasn't anchored down, was it? Just dropped, as far as I can see. No, I believe the killer most likely killed her in his vehicle or at another location and dropped her body where it was found because it was close by and he didn't want to be driving all over kingdom come with a dead girl in his car, and because he was familiar somewhat with the farm and knew that where he dropped her she wouldn't be found for awhile.

Getting off track with this conspiracy/hidden meaning stuff, IMO. That said, once again I really enjoy your posts Walker. Hope I didn't offend.

Has anyone suggested the simplest solution of all?

That she was hit by a car, just after she was last seen walking on that bridge....and then the perp took her down a road to dispose of the evidence?

I'd be contacting body shops, to see who had their car repaired soon after she disappeared, after they "hit a deer".

Has anyone suggested the simplest solution of all?

That she was hit by a car, just after she was last seen walking on that bridge....and then the perp took her down a road to dispose of the evidence?

I'd be contacting body shops, to see who had their car repaired soon after she disappeared, after they "hit a deer".

Yes, it's been suggested a lot. The folks here have ruled it out on the basis of the questions that were posed after Morgan's was discovered. It is believed that LE would ask repair shops about recent repairs etc...

About the plane theory... very shortly after Morgan's body was discovered (possibly even the same day?) I mentioned something about this and my theory was quickly thrown down the drain. No one liked it. Good luck and I hope you folks are better received with that one than I was.

I'm not ruling anything out...I have to say I doubt this theory...but if I had to say...I think a helicopter would be much easier to push someone out of instead of an airplane...and I'm not so sure that just by dropping someone from the air would shatter bones - unless they landed feet/head first or landed on a pile of big rocks...hit a bunch of trees before hitting ground.

Shattered bones suggests to me - as previous suggestions have been made - hit by a car, tire iron or shot at close range with a large caliber firearm

Maybe this was a hunter who wanted the "ultimate" game...

lol I remember that ..it was shot down, but was mentioned about the real case where the guy would abduct ladies take them to a field and he would hunt and kill them...I don't believe this was MH ending.
I can't see that place being that private...someone would hear shots or attract attention by being in the area.
I am still thinking overdose..maybe she died from drinking too much while mixing with prescription drugs..(lots of stars dying from prescription drugs).
MH had access to prescription drugs at Clarion where she worked and also when helping pack drugs to go to Africa...she wouldn't be the first to die from such.
I still think she was disposed of after she had already died.I still hold out for no fowl play from an abductor even though I believe there is a serial killer in Virginia ..I just don't think that is what happened to M..
I hope they get the persons involved...I say persons because someone knows about strange behavior,trips to that area..someone has information but is protecting the truth.

People in that area are more than likely used to hearing guns being shot - lots of hunting in that area and surely there is target practice too. If this happened late at night when people were asleep - it's doubtful that they would have heard anything or if they did would have possibly dismissed it as a car backfiring.

It was cold - people had their doors and windows closed, maybe had furnace running...television on...in the middle of 700 acres sound would have to travel a long way for someone to have heard it....and the sound would have been distorted at least on one side because of the trees.

Yes, it's been suggested a lot. The folks here have ruled it out on the basis of the questions that were posed after Morgan's was discovered. It is believed that LE would ask repair shops about recent repairs etc...

About the plane theory... very shortly after Morgan's body was discovered (possibly even the same day?) I mentioned something about this and my theory was quickly thrown down the drain. No one liked it. Good luck and I hope you folks are better received with that one than I was.

I wonder about this reaction, too.

Maybe some people think that this scenario could not possibly happen to a "good" girl; therefore, they overreact. However, a plane drop should only reflect on the character of the killer.

Let's assume that it would be fairly obvious from the way that Morgan's bones were shattered by a car crash that it was, in fact, her being hit by a car. Which means the local police will be doing exactly what you say.

What do you do?

Break her bones even more. Make it impossible (or, as impossible as you think it will be) for a coroner to determine whether her bones were broken by a car, because of the sheer amount of other bones being broken. Then you dispose that in a field.

In short, make it look like a crime of violence to cover up the car accident.

Thoughts?

Surely you folks are joking about the use of a B-2. First, there were only 21 made, and one has crashed. Second, a B-2 costs $2.4 BILLION dollars to build. Third, none of them are in civilian hands. And, no, no one could have borrowed one: Nineteen B-2s are currently based at Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo., home of the 509th Bomb Wing, while one aircraft is assigned to flight-testing at Edwards AFB, Calif. to validate software and weapon systems upgrades.

http://www.as.northropgrumman.com/products/b2spirit/index.html

Let's assume that it would be fairly obvious from the way that Morgan's bones were shattered by a car crash that it was, in fact, her being hit by a car. Which means the local police will be doing exactly what you say.

What do you do?

Break her bones even more. Make it impossible (or, as impossible as you think it will be) for a coroner to determine whether her bones were broken by a car, because of the sheer amount of other bones being broken. Then you dispose that in a field.

In short, make it look like a crime of violence to cover up the car accident.

Thoughts?

Reasonable theory.

But the mocking quality of the choice of the Bass farm to leave the body seems to suggest an intentional killing rather than a desperate attempt to cover up a car accident.

Note: Dr. William Bass is not any relation to Mr. Dave Bass who owns AF at least to my knowledge.

Amazon.com: Death's Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensic Lab the Body Farm Where the Dead Do Tell Tales (9780425198322): William Bass, Jon Jefferson: Books

The killer is a sick individual who seems to be almost taunting LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomony
Not to quibble, but that doesn't look even remotely like a "stream bed" to me.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/ne...tinized/51599/

Quote from the above link:
Quote:
The area where the body was discovered was initially reported by police to be a hayfield. It was, in fact, a pasture with particularly tall grass, Bass said. “It’s a creek bottom, and the grass grows real well, even though I bushhog it,” he said.

He added, “The only reason I think I saw it was the heavy deep snow.” By the time the more than 20 inches of snow the region received in December melted, it had matted down tall grass all across the region.

A creek/stream bed and a creek/stream bottom are not the same. For county-folk, a creek/stream bed is the part that normally carries the water in every-day conditions. A creek/stream bottom is the area that stays wet through ground saturation, but mostly through flooding. You wouldn't find a weeping willow in a creek bed, but you would find one in a creek bottom. Mr. Bass wouldn't have a bush-hog in a creek bed, but you bet he'd have it in a creek bottom.
Hope this is as clear as creek mud!

the mocking quality of the choice of the Bass farm to leave the body

Why does the choice seem mocking to you? If the body were placed underneath a sign with the farm's name on it, or in some other similar place, it would seem to me to perhaps be mocking. But on the edge of a back field on an enormous farm... I don't read the mocking there. In fact, had the farmer deferred his brush-hogging for a year or two, or had the animals been more active, the body might not have ever been discovered.

Walker, thank you, much obliged for your response. If a sexual assault was the motive, it might seem more likely that the bone injuries were a result of deliberate wounding rather than vehicular manslaughter.

http://www.city-data.com/airports/Charlottesville-Virginia.html

Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport
General Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Runways: 1, Land Area Covered By Airport: 610 acres, Ownership: Publicly owned, Facility Use: Open to public, Site Number: 25666.*A, Location ID: CHO, Region: Eastern, District Office: DCA, Unicom Frequency: 122.950 Hz, Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF): 124.500 Hz, Aeronautical sectional chart: Washington, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: DCA, Tie-In FSS Name: Leesburg, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 639 ft, Elevation determination method: Surveyed, Air traffic control tower: Yes, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCW, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZDC, Boundary ARTCC Name: Washington, Airspace Determination: Not Analyzed, Certification Type & Date: I B S 05/1973, Federal Agreements: NGYH, NOTAM Service: Yes, NOTAM Facility ID: CHO, Last Inspection Date: 09/10/2008, Inspection Group: FAA airports field personnel, Inspection Method: Federal
Location State: Virginia, County: Albemarle, City: Charlottesville, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 38° 08' 19.100'', Lng: -78° 27' 10.300'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 38.138639, Lng: -78.452861, GPS determination method: Estimated, Position Source: NGS (2006-04-12), Distance from central business district: 7 mi (N), Find on map >>
Operations Period: 12/31/2006 - 12/31/2007, Commercial Operations: 20,756, Itinerant Operations: 33,918, Local Operations: 17,584, Military Operations: 3,400
Aircrafts Single Engine Aircrafts: 62, Multi Engine Aircrafts: 16, Jet Engine Aircrafts: 10, Helicopters: 3
Additional Fuel Types: 100LLA, Magnetic Variation: 8W (Year 1985), Beacon Color: Clear-green (lighted land airport), Lighting Schedule: Dusk-Dawn, Airframe repair service availability/type: Major, Power Plant repair service availability/type: Major, Customs Airport Of Entry: No, Customs Landing Rights: No, Military/civil joint use agreement: No, Military Landing Rights: Yes, Non-Commercial Landing Fee: Yes, Transient storage: HGR,TIE, Wind direction indicator: Y-L, Segmented circle airport marker system: No, Other services: CHTR,INSTR,RNTL
Remarks Airspace Determination: EXISTED PRIOR TO 1959.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bundoran Airport
General Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 11/01/1974, Runways: 1, Ownership: Privately owned, Facility Use: Private, Site Number: 25665.3*A, Location ID: VA18, Region: Eastern, District Office: DCA, Unicom Frequency: 122.800 Hz, Aeronautical sectional chart: Washington, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: DCA, Tie-In FSS Name: Leesburg, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 840 ft, Elevation determination method: Surveyed, Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCW, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZDC, Boundary ARTCC Name: Washington, Airspace Determination: No Objection, NOTAM Service: No, Inspection Group: Owner, Inspection Method: 5010-2 Private use mail out program
Location State: Virginia, County: Albemarle, City: Charlottesville, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 37° 58' 06.504'', Lng: -78° 40' 56.064'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 37.968473, Lng: -78.682240, GPS determination method: Estimated, Distance from central business district: 10 mi (SW), Find on map >>
Aircrafts Multi Engine Aircrafts: 1
Additional Magnetic Variation: 8W (Year 1985), Non-Commercial Landing Fee: No, Wind direction indicator: Yes, Segmented circle airport marker system: No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snow Hill Airport
General Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 02/01/1977, Runways: 1, Land Area Covered By Airport: 137 acres, Ownership: Privately owned, Facility Use: Private, Site Number: 25665.4*A, Location ID: VA19, Region: Eastern, District Office: DCA, Aeronautical sectional chart: Washington, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: DCA, Tie-In FSS Name: Leesburg, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 268 ft, Elevation determination method: Estimated, Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCW, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZDC, Boundary ARTCC Name: Washington, Airspace Determination: No Objection, NOTAM Service: No, Inspection Group: Owner, Inspection Method: 5010-2 Private use mail out program
Location State: Virginia, County: Albemarle, City: Charlottesville, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 37° 57' 14.506'', Lng: -78° 22' 09.028'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 37.954029, Lng: -78.369174, GPS determination method: Estimated, Distance from central business district: 7 mi (SE), Find on map >>
Additional Magnetic Variation: 8W (Year 1985), Non-Commercial Landing Fee: No, Wind direction indicator: Yes, Segmented circle airport marker system: No

Morven Farms Heliport
General Type: Heliport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 02/01/1989, Runways: 1, Ownership: Privately owned, Facility Use: Private, Site Number: 25665.31*H, Location ID: VA21, Region: Eastern, District Office: DCA, Aeronautical sectional chart: Washington, Tie-In FSS ID: DCA, Tie-In FSS Name: Leesburg, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 615 ft, Elevation determination method: Estimated, Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCW, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZDC, Boundary ARTCC Name: Washington, Airspace Determination: No Objection, NOTAM Service: No, Inspection Group: Owner, Inspection Method: 5010-2 Private use mail out program
Location State: Virginia, County: Albemarle, City: Charlottesville, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 37° 56' 24.508'', Lng: -78° 30' 31.041'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 37.940141, Lng: -78.508623, GPS determination method: Estimated, Distance from central business district: 12 mi (S), Find on map >>
Additional Magnetic Variation: 8W (Year 1985), Wind direction indicator: Yes, Segmented circle airport marker system: No

University Of Virginia Hospital Heliport
General Type: Heliport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 02/01/1982, Runways: 1, Ownership: Privately owned, Facility Use: Private, Site Number: 25665.9*H, Location ID: 8VA5, Region: Eastern, District Office: DCA, Unicom Frequency: 123.050 Hz, Aeronautical sectional chart: Washington, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: DCA, Tie-In FSS Name: Leesburg, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 490 ft, Elevation determination method: Estimated, Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCW, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZDC, Boundary ARTCC Name: Washington, Airspace Determination: Conditional, NOTAM Service: No, Inspection Group: Owner, Inspection Method: 5010-2 Private use mail out program
Location State: Virginia, County: Albemarle, City: Charlottesville, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 38° 01' 58'', Lng: -78° 29' 59.043'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 38.032778, Lng: -78.499734, GPS determination method: Estimated, Distance from central business district: <1 mi (NW), Find on map >>
Additional Magnetic Variation: 8W (Year 1985), Beacon Color: Clear-green (lighted land airport), Lighting Schedule: Phone Req, Used for medical purposes: Yes, Wind direction indicator: Yes, Segmented circle airport marker system: Yes
Remarks Airspace Determination: RESTRICTED TO MEDICAL EMERGENCIES ONLY.

snipped:

I remember very well the negative reaction to your suggestion about a plane, so I wondered what you'd been thinking about your original idea, which has now resurfaced and is being treated so differently.

Btw, I'd always thought your idea was quite creative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member