Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's been suggested a lot. The folks here have ruled it out on the basis of the questions that were posed after Morgan's was discovered. It is believed that LE would ask repair shops about recent repairs etc...

Or maybe they didn't ask. Maybe the car is parked, or was repaired elsewhere or by an amateur.

About the plane theory... very shortly after Morgan's body was discovered (possibly even the same day?) I mentioned something about this and my theory was quickly thrown down the drain. No one liked it. Good luck and I hope you folks are better received with that one than I was.

Here's my problem with the plane theory: besides the logistical and logic issues involved, why would anyone drop a body so close to where she originally disappeared?

The purpose of a plane would be to take it far away.

Dropping a body from a plane might make sense if the body went into the ocean, or, as the previous poster stated, the body was transported a great distance.

Dropping a body from a plane would involve the significant difficulty of aiming a body so as to not accidently drop in in the wrong spot, like through the roof of a house or into a stand of trees. It's not like the military doesn't miss when it drops bombs and missiles using sophisticated electronics. I think this crime is much simpler: just a very bad person who killed a lovely young girl and dumped her body in a place where he felt he wouldn't get caught.

snipped:

I remember very well the negative reaction to your suggestion about a plane, so I wondered what you'd been thinking about your original idea, which has now resurfaced and is being treated so differently.

Btw, I'd always thought your idea was quite creative!

At the same time I see and recognize the unbelieveablity of the theory, and am unsure I ever thought this was the case myself, I go back to the original thinking and the reason WHY a plane was suggested in the first place.

Note: This was mentioned on Nancy Grace before I mentioned it here.

That said, the reason a plane was brought up was because it seemed very very early on that it would have been quite difficult to get Morgan to this location to begin with. People said most vehicles couldn't access the area (I have no knowledge on this, I was going by what I head), and once you bring an ATV or horseback into the picture, you end up with: well, how do you keep a dead body attached to one of these? Tie her down? Hold her up? It all seems very difficult. If she wasn't already dead, well, there's another can of worms for ya.

Then people suggested she was carried to the location. Other people knocked this theory with the fence being in the way, the distance being too long from anywhere a car could get to.

I think the only reason a plane was brought up early on was because people were racking their brains for ways to get a girl in the middle of the given terrain without leaving any evidence (that we know of) and not having been seen.

I don't really have a strong theory, unfortunately. I lean different directions every time I hear a new fact. I do think Morgan's death was intentional, I do think that the killer was very brutal, and I do speculate that she was sexually assaulted. I don't believe this is a case of unintentional vehicular homicide. I do think that if she was run over by a car it was intentional murder :furious: and perhaps it happened ETA: before and/orafter she was deceased. I have no idea how she got onto this farm other than the fact that someone is a really really sad excuse for a human being that would do something like this. :(

I think now, though, it's been shown that vehicles and 4x4's can access the location she was found, and would be far more logical than to think someone took her up in a plane only to drop her 10 miles outside of town.

I think now, though, it's been shown that vehicles and 4x4's can access the location she was found, and would be far more logical than to think someone took her up in a plane only to drop her 10 miles outside of town.

Quite possibly, Wes. In most probability, it likely was a 4x4 vehicle.

The only reason this was questioned was because the residents nearby saw nothing and most people imagined that at least headlights would have been needed.

:waitasec:
wish we had more answers

Quite possibly, Wes. In most probability, it likely was a 4x4 vehicle.

The only reason this was questioned was because the residents nearby saw nothing and most people imagined that at least headlights would have been needed.

:waitasec:
wish we had more answers

When you consider it is a 700 acre farm, was likely accessed from Red Hill or Blandemar Farm Estates, and it was a rainy evening when most were probably inside, I wouldn't find it too odd that the local residents don't remember seeing anything out of the ordinary.

i believe it was said that one of the state troopers drove his car to almost where she was found.probably from the blandemar side.by looking at google it looks to me like there would have been access at the small bridge before going up i assume red hill.i think its even likely she wasnt taken there at night.i only say that because it was hunting season.i think perp or perps would have felt much safer looking like they were hunting, then waiting til dark to dump her.jmo

Has anyone suggested the simplest solution of all?

That she was hit by a car, just after she was last seen walking on that bridge....and then the perp took her down a road to dispose of the evidence?

I'd be contacting body shops, to see who had their car repaired soon after she disappeared, after they "hit a deer".

This is what I thought and posted the first time I heard that her bones were shattered.

Has or will the autopsy report be made available to the public? It could be telling to know how many and which bones had been broken.

This is what I thought and posted the first time I heard that her bones were shattered.

Has or will the autopsy report be made available to the public? It could be telling to know how many and which bones had been broken.

They're not going to do that.

If Morgan had died as a result of being hit by a car (on or near the bridge or elsewhere), as indicated by an autopsy, wouldn't it make sense that her parents' stance toward her death would change? That is, if LE was looking for a driver who hit her with a car, then the release of that conclusion to the media would aid in solving the crime. LE and the parents wouldn't be looking for a premeditated murderer; they'd be looking for someone who had an accident that resulted in someone's death and then did the stupid thing and covered it up. In an area as busy as that bridge had to be that night, someone would have surely seen a fatal accident and a person dragging a broken, bloody body into a vehicle. As it was, someone saw Morgan--or someone like her--on the bridge.

The car accident scenario doesn't fit with the known facts or the demeanor of the parents, as I see it.

I agree Pittsburgh - but would it be possible the killer ran over her there on the farm?

If Morgan was hit by a car on the bridge, wouldn't there have been blood evidence on the road? Especially if she was hit hard enough to shatter her bones?? I haven't heard of any blood evidence found there..

I agree Pittsburgh - but would it be possible the killer ran over her there on the farm?

Yes, but that would be part of a murder scenario--and perhaps indicate overkill, as would just an horrific physical beating, perhaps with an instrument like a bat.

Why not bury her?Did the person want her found....not right away of course but placing her body exposed and leaving it exposed all that time..(4 months which is quite quick) either means they never had a chance to go back or they are so sure that nothing would connect them ,and just doesn't care. Maybe wealthy, deeply connected,that area has people with diplomatic immunity,...who knows what would fall out of of that tree if shook real hard.
If it was not random..nothing to do with overdosing ,drinking and prescription drugs.. then MH was targeted....but by whom and why??

Why not bury her?Did the person want her found....not right away of course but placing her body exposed and leaving it exposed all that time..(4 months which is quite quick) either means they never had a chance to go back or they are so sure that nothing would connect them ,and just doesn't care. Maybe wealthy, deeply connected,that area has people with diplomatic immunity,...who knows what would fall out of of that tree if shook real hard.
If it was not random..nothing to do with overdosing ,drinking and prescription drugs.. then MH was targeted....but by whom and why??

I agree. What could possibly be the motive? She certainly doesn't seem to have been a threat to anyone. Perhaps to cover up a sexual assault, but there seems to be some degree of calculation involved.

Here's my problem with the plane theory: besides the logistical and logic issues involved, why would anyone drop a body so close to where she originally disappeared?

The purpose of a plane would be to take it far away.

Maybe they don't care whether MH's body was far away from the location of her abduction, as long as they themselves were far away from both that location & the body.

Let's imagine (for example) that the killers are from Texas. They fly into C'ville for business of some type and to attend the LOG concert. Somehow they meet up with MH and abduct her. Then, they retrieve their small private plane from some local location, load the body onto the plane, drop the body ASAP, and continue to their destination which is a landing space on private property hundreds of miles away.

In this scenario, they do not have to worry about navigating traffic with the body, leaving any sort of tire marks or DNA trail of any type, or being seen by anyone who might happen to be on the ground or picked up on camera. A car might be searched but a plane search would be less likely. They do not need in-depth knowledge of AF, but most likely have some familiarity with the area.

Maybe they don't care whether MH's body was far away from the location of her abduction, as long as they themselves were far away from both that location & the body.

Let's imagine (for example) that the killers are from Texas. They fly into C'ville for business of some type and to attend the LOG concert. Somehow they meet up with MH and abduct her. Then, they retrieve their small private plane from some local location, load the body onto the plane, drop the body ASAP, and continue to their destination which is a landing space on private property hundreds of miles away.

In this scenario, they do not have to worry about navigating traffic with the body, leaving any sort of tire marks or DNA trail of any type, or being seen by anyone who might happen to be on the ground or picked up on camera. A car might be searched but a plane search would be less likely. They do not need in-depth knowledge of AF, but most likely have some familiarity with the area.
You are right...but the medical examiner will be able to tell if her bones were shattered in that way..I still hold out on the friends covering up for her death due to overdose..but at this time anyone's guess is as good as the next..sadly only MH and the person or persons involved know for sure.

well guys i have tried to look at this at every angle.doing a little research i find it odd that mr Bass recently took his farm out of the preserve or whatever they call it.it was reported on blink on crime.he had great tax incentives to be in this.the only thing was he could not develop his property.i look at the tax maps and the value of his property and surrounding property is enormous.there is wealth all around him including himself.i wonder he is a private person maybe someone wanted the press in his life just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES