Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think we should start at the beginning with the people that attended the concert with Morgan Harrington.

I keep seeing on other websites where they say the friends are innocent and don't really allow anyone to include the friends as possible suspects. Is there some definitive proof that the friends weren't involved in the murder?

I have been worried about the facts not being released to protect the character of Charlottesville,the schools,students.It's been months since GH ,mentioned about how much easier, it would be if the murder story of MH just went away...she mentioned the reputation of the area..etc...that has always been my fear..that to protect the area..tourism...Med Schools,JMU,Blacksburg,,AC farms area..etc the facts would not be told..keeping it to hushed ...not to protect evidence..but to not draw attention to the area...
I live here..I know the mentality of the people around here......read GH's statement..she knows this area well.
I believe there was a lot of time wasted at the beginning of the case..because truthful statements were not released...it took weeks to finally find out who was in the car! Who drove etc !!

Instead of saving face, they need to save the lives of her killer's next potential victims.

If they think this case is an embarrassment, how embarrassing do they think it will be this keeps happening?

This has probably been discussed so I apolgize but is it possible she met someone online that she may have been meeting outside? Surely her computer has already been searched. Also, the thing about her friends really bothers me..Especially given it was her car they drove, this story has never made sense to me. Sorry if discussed previously

I got the info about Morgan's bones broken prior to being killed from an article dated March 17.

“He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way,” says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter’s killer, “to break her bones before he murdered her.” Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter’s skeleton showed “brutal damage.”

Link:
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...gtons-say-morgans-killer-is-violent-sadistic/

But I don't know whether Morgan's Mom was making her statement based on her personal belief, or, on information given her by the medical examiner.

That is what I have been screaming all the time" truthful information"...why hasn't LE given any information that could be counted as "FACT"...most of what, has been said, either came from
"eye wittnesses"(IMO anyone who really knew MH would have known something was wrong if she was not inside listening to Metallica ..IMO anyone who didn't know her personally would have had a hard time identifying MH from the hundreds of girls dressed in the same way)
From the family blog...sometimes very cryptic and written by persons who are so close to the situation that what is written is from emotion,belief, and what they have been told by LE,and associates.
I guess I just expect LE to at least confirm some information so that the public"that has been asked to help would at least have something to go on."
Look at the case of the missing person from Charleston...all the information..her video at walmart..everything is spoken as fact and gives credibility to the investigation...poor MH it took weeks to just figure out who was driving...if her car ever left Harrisonburg, who drove....no video tape..not one photo of her at the concert..or of her after she left Blacksburg...not one friend took a picture??She didn't even appear in any background shot of someone else at the concert! No WAY...MR.H said "she was probably dead before Metallica ever played....I don't believe the friends story..
When I think of MH I get a strong impression she,knew the person or persons involved..I don't see her just jumping into a car with a stranger....way to many other outs than that! HER CAR was there...my belief is they were partying..MH dies and the people around her didn't want to be associated with the death by drug publicity and just disposed of her body...drove on their merry way and waited till or if her remains were ever found....I believe a pact was made that night, to keep the truth buried.
Look at the people surrounding MH..not your typical bunch of losers...(Haleigh--RC,MC,HC ) Caylee..CA,GA,CA ) but students with bright futures,parents,trust funds etc...I don't believe it was a random, abduction and murder..no releases warning citizens
I hope who ever it is gets caught soon or we may never know who it was.

It really is a shame that it cannot be verified that Morgan was in fact inside while Metalica was playing. Not even possible to create an accurate timeline. Do you think her friends drove over her body, or that another vehicle did at some point after her death

It really is a shame that it cannot be verified that Morgan was in fact inside while Metalica was playing. Not even possible to create an accurate timeline. Do you think her friends drove over her body, or that another vehicle did at some point after her death

I was wondering the same thing.Not her friends but a hit and run and hide?

With the kind of extensive damage they've described, it sure does sound like damage that could be caused by a hit and run; but, we're left at a fork in the road since we don't know what the medical examiner knows (i.e. are these crush injuries, tool injuries; did they occur before/after death, etc.)

I was wondering the same thing.Not her friends but a hit and run and hide?

Not to say that this couldn't be the case, but if someone was trying to cover up an accident, why would they remove Morgan's clothing and leave the t shirt outside of an apartment complex? If all of her belongings were found with her on the farm, I could see this as a possible scenario.

Info for those of us not in the medical profession:Fractured Bones - Bones fractured by a crush injury tend not to be only broken but smashed into many different pieces. This type of fracture is called a Comminuted Fracture. Broken bones can lead to more serious internal injuries if they penetrate organs inside the body or damage major blood vessels or nerves. Compound fractures can occur when a crush injury causes a bone to fracture and the jagged end of the bone is forced through the skin. This type of fracture then poses a serious risk of the wound becoming infected. The bone itself can be severely crushed and achieving bony reunion can be a long and arduous process. Bone necrosis (death of the bone) may then lead to a need to consider excision of the bone or fusion

Could someone refresh my memory -- what items were found with Morgan's remains?

Not to say that this couldn't be the case, but if someone was trying to cover up an accident, why would they remove Morgan's clothing and leave the t shirt outside of an apartment complex? If all of her belongings were found with her on the farm, I could see this as a possible scenario.

Not sure.I think this person was local and under some kind of influence. Hit and runs happen all the time. The removing of clothes and left at a different location could be to throw the police off?

Could someone refresh my memory -- what items were found with Morgan's remains?

Well since LE hasn't released that info. I can say that her purse, necklace, camera, t shirt and boots were not found on the farm.

Her purse was found in the rv parking lot outside the arena and her t shirt on a bush outside a nearby apartment complex.

As far as the other items, I do not believe that they have been recovered yet. Or LE isn't stating that at least.

So the only item that was found with Morgan (that we know of) is a thick chunky silver bracelet that was returned to her mother.

This is not likely to have any connection to Morgan, but is interesting in relation to the original connection of Morgan speaking with athletes in the parking lot....

http://blog.taragana.com/sports/201...womens-lacrosse-athlete-at-same-school-98662/

Morgan came to mind immediately when I heard of this, too. Thanks for posting the details. Did you create a separate thread for it in crimes? I am curious to see if a connection to Morgan emerges. Sounds like the murdered female lacrosse player was a real darling, as was Morgan. RIP precious daughters.

Just totally, totally unfair.....what is it going to take for this violence to stop??

Morgan came to mind immediately when I heard of this, too. Thanks for posting the details. Did you create a separate thread for it in crimes? I am curious to see if a connection to Morgan emerges. Sounds like the murdered female lacrosse player was a real darling, as was Morgan. RIP precious daughters.

Fox news online says that the young man accused of killing Yardley attended the same prep school as the Duke Lacrosse players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed