Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the comments at the bottom of the story? People are MAD at the Harringtons and say they just want the money and let Morgan RIP. I feel as though they are trying to pressure someone into talking and trying keeping the story in the News. I don't blame them one bit! It is not always about money.

I agree with you, Vabrownid1. And besides, I hardly think DOCTOR & Mrs. Harrington (Mrs is also a RN) hardly need the money.

:panic: Is what they should be thinking!

I don't see how anyone could say let her Rest In Peace when there is obviously a KILLER running loose!

Any news is good news in a cold case, I think. I haven't read the comments under the article, but I seriously doubt this is about money. Her father is a doctor and her mother is the head admin nurse in her unit, if I remember correctly. It's unfortunate that the John Paul Jones staff did not take precaution and call at least EMS for her if they could see that she was bleeding, otherwise they wouldn't be in this situation with the lawsuit and maybe Morgan would not have ended up walking off into the night.

Hey I have a few thoughts on what i heard tonight first with her chin bleeding she went to a metal concert we all know how they dance at those things im thinking she likely got a head to the chin from someone in a mosh pit scenario and thats how she got hurt and after going to the bathroom and seeing she was bleeding maybe she went outside to get a different shirt or something for a head ache that part i am still really unclear about but then why she couldn't get back in something i was thinking is if they see her with blood on her chin and maybe shirt they have to think about health of the people inside If your injured and bleeding thier not gonna let youback in a stadium full of people ..

:what:
Any news is good news in a cold case, I think. I haven't read the comments under the article, but I seriously doubt this is about money. Her father is a doctor and her mother is the head admin nurse in her unit, if I remember correctly. It's unfortunate that the John Paul Jones staff did not take precaution and call at least EMS for her if they could see that she was bleeding, otherwise they wouldn't be in this situation with the lawsuit and maybe Morgan would not have ended up walking off into the night.

Hindsight is a great thing IMHO. Alot of things could have been done differently like her friends calling her parents, the lady that was delivering the newspaper talking to her or the people who talked to her outside insisting on help for her.

Sadly it won't bring Morgan back.

I feel for the Harringtons. Mrs Harrington's blogs are an unforgettable journey into her love and grief for her daughter. But they, and we...cannot "save the next girl" without a full and truthful account of that day and night's event. Only the murderer is responsible for Morgan's death. But we need to know the complete truth about how Morgan came to be hitchhiking....when she had friends with her...her OWN car at the stadium...and devoted parents who might have picked her up. There have always been huge gaps in this tragic story. If a plane crashes, we can certainly but the finger on mechanical flaws, but we cannot close our eyes if the pilot was drunk.

I do not agree with this lawsuit because security at a heavy metal concert is not a babysitting service. The Harringtons bought the tickets to that concert...they too (as well as the entity they are suing) should have been aware of the atmosphere and antics at such concerts. Someone bleeding from a cut is not uncommon with all the goes on. This is not the local Symphony crowd. Morgan did not ask for help and by some accounts may have actually aggressively refused it. Security can not drag an unwilling customer into First Aid. Someone saw her bleeding. But in her conversations trying to get back in...or with her friend on the phone...or in the parking lot...did she ever ask for help? How were people to differentiate, at night IN THE DARK...staggering due to a fall from all the staggering drunks and druggies at Heavy Metal concerts? That is an unrealistic expectation.

Is the point of the suit that they should have let her back in without her ticket because she was bleeding from a cut? She was not so"disoriented" thatshe could not make a phone call. So what exactly are the Harringtons expecting here?

Did she tell anybody that she was hurt? Did she tell her friends that she was hurt? Did she sound disoriented when she called them? If so, why did they not get out of their seats and get help for her? Why didn't they charge another ticket for her...surely they knew the Harringtons would pay them back. Hadn't the Harringtons bought ALL the tickets? Why did they not bring her HER OWN CAR KEYS so she could wait in the car? Why were they not alarmed that Morgan was going to "find a ride" when they were using her car? Why do the Harringtons absolve them and blame the Concert venue? Something is not making sense. In order to "save the next girl"...friends need to know to be responsible for each other.

Many of the comments under that article and in many othher places...suggest the answer is that, in her friends' eyes, Morgan was NOT behaving unusually FOR HER that night.

If drugs and/or excessive drinking are involved...that also needs to be part of the information conveyed, not to blame Morgan, but as a very necessary caution to ALL our vulnerable children...so much like Morgan at that time in their lives. If only the world were such a gentle place that our childrens foolish decisons did not sometimes prove frightenly fatal.

Perhaps it is just rumor that Morgan was incapacitated at the concert by alcohol or drugs. But if not, is the point of this suit to let our teenagers think that theycan drink to excess in a public place and it is the obligation of the public place to be a Nanny to them...be responsible for them? That is a dangerous and totally unreliable security blanket.

IMO, in order to "save the next girl"...The Harringtons have to tell the whole story, every bit of it. Even the parts they do not like. Because our almost adult children have to learn responsibility for themselves, and the consequences thatcan come from very bad decisons.

It may be the Arena, in defending itself, that conveys those lessons that will..."save the next girl."

Great point's but none of it matters when you show that they let BACK in other people which it sure sounds like they did. And how about some dam human compassion she was taken by a sick perp a seriel rapist for sure and most likely a seriel killer.Do you have children i hate to think anyone would ever say well she put herself in this position i guess that what happens cause thats Bullsheet you should be allowed to walk home in the dark you shouldn't have to have your life taken by some sick SOB . Like i said at the beginning you do make some good points but I have to respectfully 100% dissagree..

My point is that to "save the next girl" ....we cannot let our daughters think that any Security set-up in a public place CAN or does have a personal interest in their safety. And if they drink or take drugs to excess...their judgement can become so impaired that THEY put themselves in danger. Even if sober, NEVER get in a car with a stranger!

Even of Morgan was sober and hurt from a fall...a jury might ask themselves...was she at more danger in the parking lot..or when SHE WILLINGLY got in that car? GETTING IN THAT CAR WAS MORGAN'S DECISON ALONE. I think if she had stayed in that crowded parking lot...near or IN her car...she would never have been alone with her Killer.

And why was she in the Parking Lot?Because she left the Arena without a ticket. Why was she walking around alone? Because she told her friends she would find her ownway home. How did she get in the Killers car...it seems she had her thumb up and got in willingly. THOSE are all Morgan's decisons. "The next girl"needs to know that those decisons had tragic consequences.

Yes, in an ideal world we SHOULD be able to do ALL things. Leave our doors unlocked, walk streets late at night, hop in cars. BUT THAT IS NOT THE REALWORLD. It is a dangerous fantasy!

Anyone who gets into a car with a stranger is gambling with their life. Do it drunk or impaired and that risk multiplies. How will giving the Harringtons and their lawyers millions of dollars "save the next girl?" It may force the Security company to let in many people without tickets...and many drunk or drugged out people to the venue...because they cannot do tests to see whose "cut" is because they have an injury or because they were drunk, drugged and "moshing." Will it keep our kids safer to let in more unticketed drunks and druggies to these venues? How about crowd control and safety under THOSE circumstances? Do you want to wait in line while Security does Breatalyzers and Drug tests so they do not get sued?

How about teaching "the next girl" to go to the Bathroomin venues like this IN PAIRS...teach her to stay with her friends...teach her to ask for help NOT reentry if it is HELP you need...teach her to stay in a crowd not walk in lonely places...teach her NEVER get in a car with a stranger. Millions to The Harringtons and their lawyer...says it is ALL somebody elses fault.

Personal responsibility is key. A child shot dead in broad daylight is unimaginable. A beautiful girl who gets in a car at night with a stranger and is raped and murdered? Sadly, NOT so unimaginable. I wish it were..

This was not a 4 year old. The Harringtons trusted her decison making and treated her as an adult. So did the Security. They had posted rules. Morgan knew them. She had been to other concerts.

It is notblaming the victim to look at the mistakes Morgan made that night. Morgan was very much like many young women her age..but the goal of "saving the next girl" rings hollow when we pretend that there are no lessons to be learned that might keep those girls safe...from the mistakes Morgan made that night.

I could be wrong but my understanding is that Morgan had her ticket with her. The arena's policy was that if you exited, you couldn't be let back in even with a ticket. I think the ticket had a bar code on it that was scanned upon entering and would alert if scanned a second time.

I could be wrong but for some reason this is how I'm remembering it...

You may be right. But signs are posted everywhere that say..NO REENTRY. So is the purpose of this lawsuit to demand that public arenas scan the same ticket over and over...possibly letting in many individuals who have not paid and for whom they have no seats? These Arenas have capacities tied to fire codes and safety laws.But the Harringtons want those ignored? What about safety, crowd control ...is this really benefical to the public at large?

When Morgan was denied reentry...assuming she was sober...if she was mature enough to be at a Heavy Metal concert, certainly she was mature enough to consider her options. She was not so disoriented that she was unable to call her friends inside the arena. She spoke to them. Why did shenot ask them to come to Security...meet her and give her her car keys? Why didn't she askthem to loan her money for another ticket? Why did she tell them that, instead of waiting, she would find her own way home? Why did she not call her parents?

If, as some have stated, she was drunk and argumentative...are the Harringtons suing to require public arenas to allow entry to impaired individuals whose tickets have already been scanned?

Is this REALLY about "saving the next girl?"

Up till now, The Harringtons have been role models in the way they have handled their grief. They deserve our respect and sympathy. But this lawsuit is a betrayal of the very standards THEY set...a betrayal of their stated goal to "save the next girl." It may bring them money...but it won't serve any noble or useful public purpose. In a few years, if people are hurt at these concerts because this lawsuit changed the Arena's ability to control crowds...how tragic to have that be their Morgan's legacy?

I think the point the Harringtons are trying to make is that Morgan was intoxicated, bleeding etc. and nobody tried to help her.

JMO.

I hope and pray this case gets solved and very fast.

My point is that to "save the next girl" ....we cannot let our daughters think that any Security set-up in a public place CAN or does have a personal interest in their safety. And if they drink or take drugs to excess...their judgement can become so impaired that THEY put themselves in danger. Even if sober, NEVER get in a car with a stranger!

Even of Morgan was sober and hurt from a fall...a jury might ask themselves...was she at more danger in the parking lot..or when SHE WILLINGLY got in that car? GETTING IN THAT CAR WAS MORGAN'S DECISON ALONE. I think if she had stayed in that crowded parking lot...near or IN her car...she would never have been alone with her Killer.

And why was she in the Parking Lot?Because she left the Arena without a ticket. Why was she walking around alone? Because she told her friends she would find her ownway home. How did she get in the Killers car...it seems she had her thumb up and got in willingly. THOSE are all Morgan's decisons. "The next girl"needs to know that those decisons had tragic consequences.

Yes, in an ideal world we SHOULD be able to do ALL things. Leave our doors unlocked, walk streets late at night, hop in cars. BUT THAT IS NOT THE REALWORLD. It is a dangerous fantasy!

Anyone who gets into a car with a stranger is gambling with their life. Do it drunk or impaired and that risk multiplies. How will giving the Harringtons and their lawyers millions of dollars "save the next girl?" It may force the Security company to let in many people without tickets...and many drunk or drugged out people to the venue...because they cannot do tests to see whose "cut" is because they have an injury or because they were drunk, drugged and "moshing." Will it keep our kids safer to let in more unticketed drunks and druggies to these venues? How about crowd control and safety under THOSE circumstances? Do you want to wait in line while Security does Breatalyzers and Drug tests so they do not get sued?

How about teaching "the next girl" to go to the Bathroomin venues like this IN PAIRS...teach her to stay with her friends...teach her to ask for help NOT reentry if it is HELP you need...teach her to stay in a crowd not walk in lonely places...teach her NEVER get in a car with a stranger. Millions to The Harringtons and their lawyer...says it is ALL somebody elses fault.

Personal responsibility is key. A child shot dead in broad daylight is unimaginable. A beautiful girl who gets in a car at night with a stranger and is raped and murdered? Sadly, NOT so unimaginable. I wish it were..

This was not a 4 year old. The Harringtons trusted her decison making and treated her as an adult. So did the Security. They had posted rules. Morgan knew them. She had been to other concerts.

It is notblaming the victim to look at the mistakes Morgan made that night. Morgan was very much like many young women her age..but the goal of "saving the next girl" rings hollow when we pretend that there are no lessons to be learned that might keep those girls safe...from the mistakes Morgan made that night.

I'm not going to fault her for knowing the rules about the venue.

She obviously was not thinking clearly that night and being drunk or on drugs (which it seems to me that she might have been one of the two) makes you do very stupid things you would not normally do.

I can't see any person who is not drunk etc. do the things that morgan did that night, So I'm going to assume she was either drunk or on drugs.

unfortunately, Morgan's choices that night cost her her life.

I think the point the Harringtons are trying to make is that Morgan was intoxicated, bleeding etc. and nobody tried to help her.

JMO.

But then sue everyone.

I don't see how taking money away from public education will help anyone. Maybe they'll close down the arena to concerts, I guess that means nobody will be hurt there anymore.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of these types of lawsuits.

makes me wonder if the perp knew there was a concert that night and decided to drive up and down the area of the arena to see if he could find his next victim.

makes me wonder if the perp knew there was a concert that night and decided to drive up and down the area of the arena to see if he could find his next victim.

Certainly possible. That's how serial killers have operated, but I'd never heard of a possible SK living in C'ville, at least not when I lived there.

The venue did not make Morgan hitchhike. That was her own choice. What would the Harringtons like done at these heavy metal concerts...every stagggering kid rounded up and taken to a holding pen so Management can sort out who is so stupid drunk that they cannot be trusted on their own?

Was Morgan adult enough, responsible enough to be at that concert? The Harringtons bought the tickets so they thought so.

Her friends who talked to her last made no move to "help her." They had more information about her condition than the Arena...but they blew her off....yet the Harringtons do not blame them. Why? Morgan was one girl in throngs of young people...at a heavy metal concert...acting and consuming as those patrons do. The Arena was supposed to know that a cut on her chin meant she was going to start solicting ridesin the parking lot? Really? But the FRIENDS...who knew her well, knew if she was impaired or not...and talked to her...no suit against THEM. Why?

This is not about "saving the next girl."

Question: Have the police said whether they think Morgan was killed by one suspect or multiple suspects? They haven't released much info but maybe one of the policemen on the case said something I missed.

Because if the newspaper delivery lady's sighting was accurate and Morgan was indeed seen with three men, then it's not too far a stretch to think that maybe she was killed by more than one suspect. And I find it hard to believe that three guys could commit a murder as violent as Morgan's (broken bones and other serious injuries were confirmed) without any evidence showing multiple people were involved.

I know only one man has been linked to both Morgan and a 2005 rape case, but it doesn't rule out that maybe he's teamed up with someone (or multiple people?) later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay