Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE singe,

I basically agree with you, except, whomever this person, or these people are may try to act normal or they will just diverge from normal behavior--so checking for abnormal behavior may be a clue, or yeah, maybe a recipe for paranoia. Otherwise, my last /large post was all over

What I have here, is more like facts?

there was a party at the econolodge both before and after the show, right across the street. they must have seen an RV pull in or out, assuming the RV left right after? Maybe the RV owner (again this is spec) sat tight until the concert was over, then drove off? If there are RVs that were there, they might know each other or at least have met?

in this pic, http://www.flickr.com/photos/8037331@N08/4021681985/sizes/o/in/set-72157622485608403/, you can see the section she should have been in.section 312, https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_virginia/, or based on the section chart posted before.

At what time was this picture taken during the show? Does this person have a better res image? Someone wanna PM him?

Yo, in post 58, there was a guy in section 312, sounds like he got there late

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=113903&st=50.

The floor was sorta empty so he tried to get to there, the floor, and looks like he got locked out of the arena? I wonder when that was? Maybe Morgan was thinking the same thing? That's how she got locked out. Havent heard about when she fell?? [findmorgan post]
http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=113903&st=0 see post 9--yea tryin to sneak to the floor

Check Whiskey75, with a bunch of dudes i think, on post 17,--this guy was in 312, wonder if he's on facebook?myspace?

Pozt 67--Twiggy met smurf in the wafflehouse after the show. There are two wafflehouses. which one?

Another place where people from the concert were: " On the way back to NC on Sunday we stopped at Cracker Barrel in Lynchburg "

And since Metallica was in Charlotte, NC on OCt 18, wonder if there are people in the Charlotte, NC who saw anything in Va? (you know go to C-ville, then come back to charlotte...the distance in between the two cities is?)

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=113903&st=25

posting #27 this dude was bar hopping before and after the show? and look at posting #32 and posting 34? comfort inn anyone?

The budget inn should have been checked too? Oh, and people in town for the concert who didnt make it to their reservations? Assuming here, that it wasnt an RV owner that nabbed her?

Red carpet inn? as well (but this was most likely obvious, since it is really close)

Post 45--that's odd, Metallica seems to have been on before 9:40pm. (did I misunderstand)?

Maybe the people that would have left with her were not fans of metallica, but Gojira and LOG, as in:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/1...a-log-are-touring-with-metallica-didja-didja/

There was a swing dance meeting not that far , from the arena, that night
http://www.cvilleswingdance.net/Newsletters/2009/04Apr/april_2009_csds_newsletter.htm

Even closer, this is blocks from JPJ, that night--maybe someone saw something?
Max Rabinovitsj
Unitarian Universalist Church
October 17, 8:00pm

Originally Posted by eyespeeled

LE should put the word out that they're looking for people who havent shown up to work for a week unexplained....etc (have to cut these ideas short for now). I think they/we should try and figure out where the perp went or is...instead of focusing too much on her during the concert. Also, maybe the data from the phone will make more sense to someone not in LE?

Originally Posted by Le Singe

How do you know thats who LE is looking for? Although I, and it seems like you, think there is a strong possiblity she was abducted the fact is none of us even know that for a fact. Secondly it's highly likely that if who ever did this had a day off (and maybe even if they didn't) they did not miss any work at all. So then you put out that you are looking for someone who hasn't been to work in a week and you have Jane Doe who is really suspious of her co-work/friend John Doe and she is trying to decide whether or not to call in then she hears LE is looking for someone who has not been to work in a week so she decides not to call him in when in fact he is the perp......

It's fine to put things out there when you KNOW or are like 95% + certain they are FACT, but if you are putting something out there based on some theory of what MAY have happened then you are not only not being helpful you can actually end up being extermly UNHELPFUL.

bold by me.

Snipped for space, Le Singe;

As I read the post above by eyespeeled, (and your repsonse also above, Le Singe) it seems to me that poster, "eyespeeled" is doing what we all are doing... having a discussion about the case. And people are all limited to speculating on theories b/c no one knows -- since Morgan is still missing.

It is unclear as to what you're proposing is (or is not) 95% fact. Just trying to follow.

I'm curious to understand how it is that a fellow poster sharing his/her ideas is being characterized as "extremely unhelpful?" What is the alternative? We all sit tight til there is an arrest and the trial is in full swing, and then we discuss the outcome? I cant believe anyone here at this site has intent to be "extremely unhelpful" - quite the conrtrary, imo.

So are you saying that your fear is that Jane Doe, who is on the brink of calling in a legit tip, is allowing an anonymous poster on a website to dictate her actions?

As far as I am aware, no one knows for whom LE is looking.

In past cases, for example, a girlfriend of the perp noticed that her paramour happened to be conveniently "gone" on all the nights that various girls went missing. I understood eyespeeled post to be addressing that type of scenario. I find that a very plausible possibility.

In another case, the wife noticed that hubby came home and immediately washed his clothes which was unprecedented for him since he barely knew where the washer was located; She found that suspicious especially when coupled with other odd things she noticed about his activities .... b/c she was paying attention.

So basically, Le Singe, I read eyespeeled's post as simply calling attention to the possibility that a potential perp may perhaps be someone who has suddenly and conspicuously veered from his known routine without apparent reasonable cause. That's how I read it anyway, but Eyespeeled can correct me if need be. FWIW, that's how I took it and I thought it was helpful and plausible. :)

moo

I think Uva is sand bagging themselves in the end by not supporting the search, which grows colder by the minute. They have an army of people/stuednts who could search for her and valuable resources to make this come to fruition.

I understand why many ppl think uva maybe hindering the investigation and obviously this is frustrating, but I have not seen anything more than suspisions listed here and no direct information that the university has done anything to hinder the investigation so maybe we should not slander them to much without any proof. As far as i know there were exstensive searches in the area for the first few days and honestly if there's nothing there, theres nothing there it doesn't matter if they search the area with a thousand people everyday till the end of time. If there is nothing more to be found then all that would be is a collousal waste of time.

bbm

Le Singe, I didn't see any "slander" here. I saw some posters lamenting the fact that when they visited the site they saw no flyers at the area where Morgan is presumed to have last been seen.

MOO

just to clarify, what i said earlier--i agree with you, Le singe--in that other possibilities exist....but Kant has been eloquent in explaining what my post was/is about-- speculation, based on minimal fact, along with asking people to be alert (about even their husbands or sons, etc).

Maybe the person on here who said he's been in C-ville for 50 years, can tell us about the RV lot?

If the neighbors or on the Duggard case were a bit more alert/suspicious from the get-go (like maybe he went on an outofstate vacation for 2 -3 days, and came back in the middle of the night, early, all quiet like?), it wouldnt have taken so long for someone to get suspicious--the break in the case.

Going back to the father, if I was him I'd be talking to all the universities to get the word out. I'd also pay for some billboard adds, like 1hr or 2hrs away from C-ville even (the perps usually seem to leave town to keep their new pets/brides, or whatever those freaks call them), and see if a mural/Find morgan poster could be posted on some of the university's buildings, and get them to keep it there for several months.

Most perps take the victim to the nearest location they feel safe do whatever they are gong to do and then drop the victim of usually deceased somewhere all within like 24 hours or so. There have been some well publisized stories lately about ppl being abducted and held for years, but I'm fairly sure that this is far far from the norm. As far as the father none of us know what we would in this type of situation till we are in it. Remember the man's 20 year oldsdaught is missing and mostly likely has experience some horrible things and this all has happened less than 10 days ago. I'm quite sure the mans plate is pretty full right now and sure he has been talking to anyone he can to get the word out, billoard couldn't hurt, but really billboards 2hrs away I think are not on the top of his priorities ATM.

Le Singe, in the above post by eyepeeled I read that regarding Mr. Harrington, Eyespeeled said, "If I was him...." after which some possible suggestions were discussed. No one can read Mr. Harrington's mind, (none that I know of) but we all can empathize and perhaps envision possible actions that we would take or things we would do to help us cope if we were to have the tragic misfortune to find ourselves in Mr. Harrington's shoes.

MOO

just to clarify, what i said earlier--i agree with you, Le singe--in that other possibilities exist....but Kant has been eloquent in explaining what my post was/is about-- speculation, based on minimal fact, along with asking people to be alert (about even their husbands or sons, etc).

Maybe the person on here who said he's been in C-ville for 50 years, can tell us about the RV lot?

If the neighbors or on the Duggard case were a bit more alert/suspicious from the get-go (like maybe he went on an outofstate vacation for 2 -3 days, and came back in the middle of the night, early, all quiet like?), it wouldnt have taken so long for someone to get suspicious--the break in the case.
Still catching up here; Do you guys happen to know how many RVs where there that night? And what policies are in place regarding how long the RV is allowed to stay in the lot? ( like overnight? etc)

Tia

Le Singe quotes in brackets....ill move on after this :D

[If there is nothing more to be found then all that would be is a collousal waste of time]-that's what the perps count on--no one wants to waste their time to find someone (especially someone who might be dead already?)

[Most perps take the victim to the nearest location they feel safe do whatever they are gong to do.... but I'm fairly sure that this is far far from the norm.]
- the nearest safe location could be 5 feet or 100 miles, given we have almost no info to profile who may have/not taken her. so we cant even say what is the norm for this perp? maybe abduction isnt the norm? maybe 5 guys parting at the comfort inn? figure she should party with them (britanee drexel case?)? who knows?

[she is trying to decide whether or not to call in then she hears LE is looking for someone who has not been to work in a week so she decides not to call him in when in fact he is the perp......] -this must counter-intutive

-what if he never missed a day of work in his life and now he missed a week , without notice, and when he returns to work, he says he just stayed home for a week?

-well, even if she did try and call LE, i've gotten the impression she might not even get through, so...

- we got caught up about the cell phone, when the possibility exists that she had a camera and was taking pix (see findmorgan witness report). Also, if the father hadnt revealed where the phone was dropped, we'd still be speculating where it was dropped. We got caught up that she may have been stoned---but i read somewhere the whole place was reekin of weed--so we were on the money, kinda, but we can't say for sure that she took something. Unless one of the friends tells us.

What about the jacket--it wasnt reported she had worn one. It was apparently very hot in the arena, but cold outside, so someone may have given her one, that she discarded. Maybe she never had one or discarded one?

thanks for considering my ruminations.

Yes, imo it's all about paying attention. Hubby and I were driving back home - fairly late at night from vacation and we were on the interstate in a unfamiliar area. We pulled off on a exit thinking there would be a snack place etc. We found nothing at a glance, so we drove a few yards ahead merely to turn around and get back on the interstate.

We pulled into this closed, (of course) self-storage type place to turn around. It was dark and raining and there he was. A disheveled dude with a can of spray paint... SPRAY-PAINTING HIS VAN... IN THE DARK... IN THE RAIN at close to midnight. This happened in the stone-age before everyone and their granny had a cell phone, so we floored it to the nearest pay phone and called the cops.

2 cents.

I dont have a link handy, but I read where her dad bought "tickets" -- plural.

IIRC, I remember that her father said he'd bought all the tickets for the group she was planning to attend the concert with, so that would be how many? Six or so? I gathered that all the tickets were on the 'frig waiting for the big event and Morgan would have brought them to the girls' meeting place, which was near James Madison University (again, IIRC).

BTW - Where was Morgan supposed to spend Saturday night? With the student at JMU? And did Morgan's dad check with all the friends before reporting her missing on Sunday?

I have been reading about this case since the beginning and something has been bothering me. When I read the account of the couple that saw her fall and they helped her up - they said she was definitly high. Well, maybe she wasn't, maybe she was injured.
She goes to the restroom, still not feeling well, goes to the smoking area, still not feeling well, so she goes outside. (Think Natasha Richardson) She may have a horrible headache and be disoriented. She wanders around the grounds, gets angry about her phone, pulls out the battery and throws it away. Later she loses her purse. Some "good samaritan" offers her a ride or whatever and she dies. What does the "good samaritan" do? Especially if they are not a squeeky clean "good samaritan"?
I am mainly concerned that she was injured in this fall and could have needed medical attention. Who knows what happened after that.

So track29, did all of the people she bought tickets for show up?
did they eventually pay her back? or was this a gesture from her father?

sounds like she was the leader of the pack on this.
if the leader separates from you during the event, shouldnt you follow? or at least be like "where are you", i didnt come to see a Metal show without you?
-unless, she said she was going down to the floor (see one of my earlier posts) then she got locked out of the arena.

my guess about her contact with them is: either i'll try and find a safe way back in or i'll meet you at the car. This would have been around the time people who didnt want to see metallica were coming out, and people who wanted to see metallica only, or were late, were coming in.

again being diligent- if grandpa drove some people in his RV(truck,whatever), to drop off at JPJ from the hotel-comfort inn-, or to meet other people at JPJ, then said, get a ride kids, I gotta go home right away--I'd consider this something to take note of. (he might have told MH that he would be back to pick up his grandkids, and she could meet her friends when the concert was over?) later on...The girls waiting around MH's car, may have seen other people waiting around, unexpectedly? or asking for rides b/c grandpa bailed on them and they didnt have cab money? if they had cab money-then interviewing the cab drivers might prove useful, if they (the kids or the cab drivers) weren't just waiting around in the parking lot?

I talked to my daughter last night, a recent college grad. She informed me pharmaceuticals are big now..ie:hydro (vicodin) oxy(oxycodone/oxycontin)
xanax,etc She also said in some circle herion is making a huge comeback.

From the descriptions given of her behavior and actions, I tend to think along these lines. I've seen many people stoned and they don't trip and fall even if totally baked. Same with coke and meth which make one hyped up and anxious.

Daughter wondered if she smoked weed, took some pills or snorted something.....said this would account for her behavior. From Morgan's friends facebook, it's more than obvious they were into the drug scene....pic of friend rolled in comforter "like a jay" she said, "so high I can kiss the stars" she said, plus in some of the pics they had red,glazed eyes. I know that look....hate to say it, but have seen my kids/their friends. Also wonder about the school change and her comment on being grounded right before collge. IMO something happened, kicked out of school, drugs, arrests????

The poster who mentioned her dropping her jacket (if the jacket story is true) is what I thought about her cell phone from the get-go. Did she drop the battery separately to "leave a trail?" Now with all these other sightings, I'm inclined to think she was with someone she knew.

God bless Morgan..........may she found soon.

sorry, but that's a huge jump to make based on anecdotes from your daughter. did you go to college yourself? do you remember what it was like - pulling all nighters to study and throwing up a keg's contents in some frat house? I'm not that far from college, and I can tell you we all had red eyes - from sleep deprivation and being hungover. It's meaningless. saying you were "so high" can also be construed in many ways - I know people who use the expression just from having a really fun night. And I'm not sure where you jumped to the conclusion that her saying she was "grounded" was because she had a drug arrest. I was grounded for a lot less than that in high school - as in, breaking curfew or getting a speeding ticket - show me a high schooler who has not been grounded at least once.

jesus, I would hate for people to decide they know everything about me based on my FB page - in particular to conclude that I was some sort of junkie for taking a crappy picture!

Just thinking out loud here again, but am i correct if i say that the friends drove her car from there? If so then wouldn't someone have known where she was going so they could take her car to her the next day at least? I usually don't drive peoples cars unless I know how I can return it. Not to mention if they had her car wouldn't they have had to come and pick her up the next day or WHO did they think would bring her back to get her car? .

this has been puzzling me the most of all. I don't know of anyone who would be like "I'll drive there, but if you can't find me, just take my car home", let alone have any friends who would actually let me drive their cars, no matter how close we are. that's a huge liability! so...did they try to call her cell phone? did they know of someone she was planning on meeting after the show? if you didn't know who she was planning on going with, why would you leave? why would you drive your own car there and then find a ride home with someone else? the car issue really doesn't make sense.

also - people keep asking why she went outside and got locked out if she was just going to the bathroom. I don't know what source reported this so I apologize, but I read somewhere that she went outside to have a cigarette -which does not seem at all unusual to me - if you want to smoke, you have to go outside. But these conflicting stories of her saying "if you can't find me, take my car home and I'll find my own ride" sounds like kids trying to explain why no one went to look for her.

sorry, but that's a huge jump to make based on anecdotes from your daughter. did you go to college yourself? do you remember what it was like - pulling all nighters to study and throwing up a keg's contents in some frat house? I'm not that far from college, and I can tell you we all had red eyes - from sleep deprivation and being hungover. It's meaningless. saying you were "so high" can also be construed in many ways - I know people who use the expression just from having a really fun night. And I'm not sure where you jumped to the conclusion that her saying she was "grounded" was because she had a drug arrest. I was grounded for a lot less than that in high school - as in, breaking curfew or getting a speeding ticket - show me a high schooler who has not been grounded at least once.

jesus, I would hate for people to decide they know everything about me based on my FB page - in particular to conclude that I was some sort of junkie for taking a crappy picture!

Yes dear I did go to college and when all was completed I was proud to have earned my Masters. I know the difference between the red eyes of sleep deprivation and being hungover versus being stoned on pot. There is a definite difference and I'll argue that point with anybody. I didn't say her being grounded resulted from a drug arrest.....I simply formed a question. Something did occur for her to switch schools before her senior year and I will always believe that. Yes, saying you're high can mean different things, but along with other comments on this girl's page along with pictures, I'd bet big money she did indeed mean pot.
Just to make myself clear, I NEVER said she was a junkie. I simply spoke of drug use. Again, a vast difference between casual drug use and being a junkie. I was a teenager in the 60's, attended Woodstock, did all kinds of drugs, managed to finish college with a damn good GPA, and have led a productive life. Oh and my daughter is not some ignorant know it all. She has a BFA, is a part of the art scene, and is in contact with people who know what is "happening". I simply said what I did as a what if/maybe type of thing.
I pray to God Morgan is found. I can't even fathom what her parents are going through. God Bless Morgan and her family.

One poster brought up something interesting - about a possible fall. If this happened, did someone help her? Get her a bag of ice for her face? Wouldn't her friends have reported that this (fall) happened - and wouldn't they have been more concerned - possibly all leaving because of this injury?

Also brought up many posts ago was the possibility of her being asked to leave the JPJ arena - to me that sure seems a more plausible way for her to end up outside instead of going to the restroom or just going out for a smoke. Surely someone would have informed her that if she went out she wasn't getting back in or they would have directed her to one of the smoking areas.

snipped:
So track29, did all of the people she bought tickets for show up? did they eventually pay her back? or was this a gesture from her father? sounds like she was the leader of the pack on this.

again being diligent- if grandpa drove some people in his RV(truck,whatever), to drop off at JPJ from the hotel-comfort inn-, or to meet other people at JPJ, then said, get a ride kids, I gotta go home right away--I'd consider this something to take note of. (he might have told MH that he would be back to pick up his grandkids, and she could meet her friends when the concert was over?) later on...The girls waiting around MH's car, may have seen other people waiting around, unexpectedly? or asking for rides b/c grandpa bailed on them and they didnt have cab money? if they had cab money-then interviewing the cab drivers might prove useful, if they (the kids or the cab drivers) weren't just waiting around in the parking lot?

I have no idea whether anyone was paid back for the tickets....I think it was just Morgan's dad's way of being nice to the group. (IMOO, there might have been a reason to have Morgan connect again positively with her friends from Northside High School, sine she had -- without any explanation that we know of -- transferred to another public high school for her senior year after having been in school with the same group of "nine" girls from at least middle school, maybe elementary school, and all of them apparently continued on at Northside H.S.)

Again, MOO -- Morgan's parents may be "walking on eggshells" around her because of earlier incidents in high school and are trying to do the things that will let her know they're not critical of her and may cause her to come back home, if that is even possible.

I don't understand your reference to a "grandpa." Whose grandpa would that be?

TIA.

Below, did the dad mean "..ever got BACK in ?" or... in at all?

"Investigators searching for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are paying close attention to some pictures and video taken at the Metallica concert where she was last seen.

A video posted on YouTube appears to show a blonde woman, who somewhat matches the description of Harrington.

In the video, three men aggressively escort her away in the lower part of the screen.

Harrington's father says there is a resemblance, but he wasn't sure if his daughter ever got inside the John Paul Jones Arena where the concert took place.

Investigators also spent the weekend passing out fliers with Harrington's photograph.
"

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/66148947.html

Below, did the dad mean "..ever got BACK in ?" or... in at all?

"Investigators searching for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are paying close attention to some pictures and video taken at the Metallica concert where she was last seen.

A video posted on YouTube appears to show a blonde woman, who somewhat matches the description of Harrington.

In the video, three men aggressively escort her away in the lower part of the screen.

Harrington's father says there is a resemblance, but he wasn't sure if his daughter ever got inside the John Paul Jones Arena where the concert took place.

Investigators also spent the weekend passing out fliers with Harrington's photograph.
"

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/66148947.html

If I am not mistaken - I heard this on the local news tonight and took it in the context that he was referring to if she got back in to hear Metallica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member