Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great recap -
Only thing I consider credible that you missed was the sighting in the smoking area where MH appeared to have an injury.

The funny thing about the cars, the friends, etc., to me is that Sunday morning when they still had not heard from MH and her car and keys were at JMU, they could not be bothered to call her parents' home or her apartment to check on her.

one posssibility is I know when I was 20 and had had a hard night of parting is someone called me at noon (around the time her father reportedly called) they most likely would have woken me up. No idea if this was the case with these girls but just thought I'd throw that out there.

What is it about Morgan do you think we have not been told? Somehow, I think there is a whole lot to her than what we know.

I really agree with you. She is a beautiful girl, I don't buy that she doesn't date or have a boyfriend. To me, her parents make her sound like a saint. But, she's what 20 yrs old. I'm not buying it.

I am a graceless clod and I can trip over air for no reason, and have done so many times. However, in doing so I always end up jamming or scraping my hands and wrists (and sometimes scraped knees.) I instinctively put my hands out in some misguided flailing effort to break my fall; but never once have a bloodied my chin. Not impossible..... but how likely?

Anyone?

in an arena there are lots of angles (i.e. concrete stairs up the isles, steel railing, hard plastic arm rest on seats) so there are other things that you could hit besides the floor. also if you are walking up hill --> up the isle in an arena upper seating area (which can sometimes be pretty steep) then if you fall forward your chin is "closer to the ground" so to speak, than if you were on flat ground. This may make it some what more likely to scrape it. That being said I have no idea how likely it is or how much more likely these thing make it. I guess i can't remember if i've scraped my chin from falling I haven't really thought about it :waitasec:. I guess the wild card here would be that when I have been intoxicated I have woken up with all sorts of injures including some that i can't even phatom how they could have happened.

Can any one recap what was just on HLN please...

I thought her parents were going to be on CNN and I missed over half of the interview...

I guess only if there was new info... Can't watch it on my computer...well I can, but can't hear what is being said because something is wrong with the sound on my computer.

The only thing I hate more than NG's "rut roh" is the way she says "MOMMY" and sneers, the way she MIS-pronounces the names, Haleigh and Caylee.. (Hell-lee and Kell-lee) and lastly, the pièce de résistance -- when she talks about little Lucy wearing those over-sized freakin sunglasses in the G D Books-a-Million.

(...with Little Lucy no doubt reading, "The Brothers Karamazov" by Dostoyevsky in its unabridged original Russian.)

( -- OK... NOW flog me.)

:)

The mere sound of her voice sends me into epileptic seizers. One day last week when something on this case was going to be on the show I tried to watch and couldn't make it through 5 minutes....at the first "bombshell” I had to bail.

Personally I find her to have a very glib and sardonic tone and demeanor, and in light of the subject matter of the show I find this to be in poor taste....I actually think she may be a robot like the female max headrum (sp?) or something.

lol I’m sure this won't be a popular opinion here, flame on I don't mind.

You know what, though?? A lot more people(LE) come on these sights for just that reason...to get different perspectives and ideas as to what they haven't thought about (for example, YM from the Anthony case). Although some of our theories and hypothetical situations might seem a bit far fetched...they're ALL possibilities, IMO. Often times people closest to an investigation with all the info don't always think "out of the box", so to speak....some answers ARE sometimes found in those off the wall "what if's"...all IMO.

I agree with what you are saying and maybe if they open everything to the public it might turn out better I don't know. My point was that is not what they are doing at this point they are asking for information....and not asking for ppl to help analyze the information. I wasn't meaning to get into whether this is a good idea or not. Just say you can't accuse them of not giving all the information to analysis b/c that is not what they are asking you to do.

True, investigators can't belch up anywhere near all of what they know; it's not good investigative technique from a number of perspectives. Given that LE has:
  1. Forgone clarification of the type of car she rode in to the concert (her black Honda or the larger silver car at JPJ with LE cars in the background pictured early on).
  2. Been mum regarding an exact description as to clothing (jacket or not)
  3. Been late to mention that she'd been cut , depriving potential witnesses of timely memory cues.
  4. Failed to maintain a high level of exposure for the case
asking for public help seems disingenuous. They have given so little and late information that potential witnesses may have forgotten or lost interest. It is impossible for potential witnesses to know what are relevant facts without some inherent analysis framework as to why certain pieces of information are indeed facts of interest in the case. To provide a framework of informational relevance witnesses need coherent cues. I see your points and agree; however in this case LE is running on the lean side of giving out information and it's not presently working out well.

Also, seems LE might welcome some anaysis two and a half weeks on without cracking the case.:wink:

[/LIST]

I agree with everything you say and its well explained and in a level head manner the post i was responding to I could not say the same about. I was attempting to express that while we can argue about certain issues whether they should be released or not. This is exactly what you did in your post which i have quoted this makes it a very effective post. We can't not rant about why in general are they not giving out every thing. The post I was origanally referinning to was not specific, and i took to be asking for everything. It was a blanket statement and was in a tone that i felt was boredline hostle and quite agressive and unreasonable.

I still can't get it out of my head that she Ran Away!! I know I have said it before, but that's all I think. :banghead:
Where she would go, I have no idea....strange!

True, investigators can't belch up anywhere near all of what they know; it's not good investigative technique from a number of perspectives. Given that LE has:
  1. Forgone clarification of the type of car she rode in to the concert (her black Honda or the larger silver car at JPJ with LE cars in the background pictured early on).
  2. Been mum regarding an exact description as to clothing (jacket or not)
  3. Been late to mention that she'd been cut , depriving potential witnesses of timely memory cues.
  4. Failed to maintain a high level of exposure for the case
asking for public help seems disingenuous. They have given so little and late information that potential witnesses may have forgotten or lost interest. It is impossible for potential witnesses to know what are relevant facts without some inherent analysis framework as to why certain pieces of information are indeed facts of interest in the case. To provide a framework of informational relevance witnesses need coherent cues. I see your points and agree; however in this case LE is running on the lean side of giving out information and it's not presently working out well.

Also, seems LE might welcome some anaysis two and a half weeks on without cracking the case.:wink:

[/LIST]

bbm.

I read on another forum and found it interesting that perhaps LE withheld the information about the injury to use as a gauge for determining if eyewitness accounts were actually about MH, i.e., they could discredit someone who said he/she spoke to her but didn't mention anything about facial lacerations. If this was the case, the release of that information (by the media I believe) compromised the investigation, making it more difficult for LE to sort the wackos looking for attention and people reporting a case of mistaken identity from solid eyewitness accounts.

While it may seem harmless to release information to those of us without first-hand knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, the opposite may actually be the case.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11426475

Associated Press - November 2, 2009 11:45 AM ET
ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - The parents of a Virginia Tech student missing for more than two weeks have set up a fund for contributions to help in their search for her.

This article also talks about the fliers that were distributed at the last Va Tech home game. I would think that distributing fliers at a UVA football game would make more sense!

I still can't get it out of my head that she Ran Away!! I know I have said it before, but that's all I think. :banghead:
Where she would go, I have no idea....strange!

One thing that comes to mind: Maybe ran away to be with a boyfriend that her parents don't know about?

Or maybe she was accosted while on her way to meet a (hypothetical) boyfriend.

Sorry to be back and forth with you this afternoon but...back to Beth Holloway that woman went to the end of the earth for her daughter Natalie.

Beth had her name, face and story on every single tv station and chanel and it continued for over a year. She stayed down in the islands for longer than I ever thought she would. She looked like a dead woman walking but she stayed the course..she never gave up.

Wasn't it in the first couple of interviews that they weren't sitting the table for the holidays to include Morgan.

You never give up on your child..you fight with every breath in your body.

Personally I think they need some media help. She in full makeup and even hair extensions and dressed to the nines..wth!

If somebody is coming to their rescue I sure hope they come fast..no news, no searches, no dogs being brought in, no Texas Equasearch, the ship is sinking.

ok to play devils advocate here is the extremely blunt way of saying it:

I forget has Natalie’s case been solved anyone arrested convicted? Has Natalie been found? Point being you are making the assumption that The way Natalie’s mom did every things was exactly right an the best possible way to do it, but this is only your opinion which is fine but there is nothing to back up that it is the right way to handle it. It sort of sounds like you are suggesting that this is a simple matter if they just did every thing a certain way (coincidentally the way you think it should be done) then things would be solved. Again fine for you to be of this opinion but these no reason to believe that it is any more correct than any other opinion.

There have been searches with dogs, there is no news would you like them to make some up? Texas Equasearch is not inherently better than some other search providers* (you just have heard a lot about them b/c they are well publicized). No matter who you have to search you have to have somewhere to search they have already searched the area she went missing from for several days.

Furthermore hiring a PR firm by no means are they washing their hands of it, it is just some one to help
them mange the process, you think Natalie’s mom had no help with that at all?

You never give up on your child..you fight with every breath in your body.

As some one who has been through something remotely similar that involve losing a family member I was extremely close to that was in their 20’s….you have no idea at all what you would do how you would react in this situation until you are in it……Furthermore they are not “giving up” they are transitioning to a way of handling things that is more stainable over the long haul. Honestly I’m not really sure where some is this is coming from, its not like the family is turning down interview opportunities’ or off on vacation instead of dealing with this….I mean Christ almighty the people where on practically every national news show in the western world in the last two weeks what the hell more are they supposed to do should they be out researching area’s that have already been searched. And honestly I’m not one of those people that say you shouldn’t say anything bad about the family, but I in this case with this family really what more is it people reasonably want them to do…..other than dress nice BUT not too nice….are you kidding me…I don’t know why I’m even responding to this part of it but some people myself included think it appropriate to dress up when….say….you’re going to be on national TV (ever notice you never seem to see politicians or other important people give interviews wearing a wife beater and flip flops) being the age she is I think she would feel this way even more than me and if she is lady from the south she would feel even more this way I mean I know ppl of that age that think you should dress up to fly on an airplane….now is she a little too overdressed?…….seriously?…I mean….really? Are you really going to nitpic to that level on something like that…do you really think that has any material bearing of the outcome of this. Look if she was smoking drinking natty lite and bleching during the interviews or if she was wearing a ballroom gown and a tiara that probably would effect how ppl perceived the case but frankly I haven’t even noticed how she dresses so there’s no way it is such that it is at all relevant to anyone who is not OCD or catty.

Some people faced with this fall apart and never ever recover, they live shattered lives and are full of bitterness. Running yourself ragged to the point of breaking down can increase your odds of having this happen. If that happens no one wins and it certainly doesn’t honor the victim. I my opinion being able to (after time not like today) move on no matter what happens and being there for their surviving family (if MH is deceased) and friends while still doing everything they reasonably can is entirely health and IMO appropriate, and I take issue with any insinuation that it is somehow “giving up‘ on their child. Eventually its going to come to that anyway Natalie’s story eventually faded and this one will to. And I hate to be so harsh or mean but honestly to suggest that just because there are not handling everything exactly as Ms. Holloway did means they are somehow giving up on their child is really in poor taste.

The bottom line is in this case just like in Natalie’s there’s a reasonable chance that its never going to be resolved…even if everyone had done everything perfectly. That’s just the nature of the beast and blaming or casting aspersions on the people directly effected by these types of tragedies’ is…I really don’t know what to say but obviously from this post you can tell it gives me a case of the reds.

LoL oh well I guess I’ll get over it.

shortened
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble catching up with posts posted overnight my time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90862&highlight=tarheelplaya&page=5

as a last note can people on the psychic thread please bring over this kind of info to us here as it's pretty pertinent to the case...

Just to be clear, please understand the thread you have linked above is found in the FORENSIC ASTROLOGY FORUM.

The findings and charts in the Astro Forum have NOTHING to do with anything psychic, dream related or vision like images.

I recently had to switch cell phones because my battery fell out alot and even when it was in.. it would randomly power off. Sony Erriccson phone that had widespread issues .. so much so that ATT let me upgrade early.

I don't know if that's similar to her phone issues, but I had to collect consumer complaints to get ATT to upgrade me... there were a lot of phone complaints.

I am very curious about the cut to her chin.

Actually they are giving...not much. They are doing...not much. They are searching...not much. Perhaps their plan is not working because we are into the third week and we have no more than when she went missing.

I think they would like us to solve the case but in order for John Q Public to help..we gotta have "something". Just my humble opinion.

yes b/c if you just do everything right and get Texas equasearch involved then it is utter impossible that any case can go more than 3 week without being solved. Your right there never in the history of humanity has ever been a case where if things were done right that some one has gone missing for more than 3 weeks. I think the only logical thing to do is blame everything on the grief stricken family and how they choose to dress. surely this is their fault I mean if the mother only did corporate casual a little better and the brother had a different facebook avatar then Morgan would be sitting at home right now......If only we could just impeach the governor of Virginia and have someone from WS installed and governor this would all be resolved in a matter of days. Just my satirical and totally un-humble opinion.

Note: no disrespect to Texas Equasearch just that I have found there are several posters on WS who seem to think that if someone you know or even have heard of might possibly be the victim of a crime and you don't get texas equasearch involved in the first week then you might as well be the perpetrator yourself.

look I know ppl are frustrated but its like that general said during Katrina everyone is not stuck on stupid what we have is a difficult freaking problem of the type that unfortunately is sometimes never resolved no matter what you do. I'm sure LE has made mistakes maybe a lot of mistakes’ but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can people quit nitpicking the family criticizing the way they dress, the brother who was very obviously not at all involved do we have to discuss his personal life, what he does, what his sexual orientation is (if your going to explain why this is relevant to the case please spare us the BS), for crying out loud we had a two page maybe more discussion one the implications of his facebook avatar.....really just stop the insanity....

If you really need something to talk about and you honestly can't think anything else to post about then dissecting the family then please post about how much of an A-hole that Le Singe guy is anything but dissecting the family…..I don’t even care about discussing what the family should or is doing but just not ones that seem to blame the case not being resolve yet on them or suggesting they are ‘giving up’ on their love one based on over analysis of something they said….

Lastly if haven’t pissed everyone off yet and possible gotten myself banned (which is not my intention a I hope doesn’t happen) I leave you with this….I think some of us need to sit down in front of a mirror and really think hard about what do we want release b/c we sincerely think it will help bring forth information and what do we want just to satisfy our curiosity.

Might could even say a prayer for the harringtons tonight if your into that kind of thing, I will try to remember to do the same myself.

Originally Posted by Ripley007
It's frustrasting that these parents want to know WHAT and Why happened to their daughter, yet, their lips are all but zipped closed. The other night they said" a few minutes ago many of her friends who were there with her that night, came here to our home" Yet, when asked WHAT for godssakes did they say?....Mom and Dad were were mum.......It's frustrating because LE and the family is asking for the publics help, yet they are HOLDING back INFO!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!! They can't have it both ways. The world doesn't work like that......
They are not asking you to solve the case for them there asking people that have factual information to come forward and give it. In this situation it can actually hurt to give out too much information b/c it make it easy for crazies or people who are just remembering wrong to give false tips and it makes it harder for them to sift through the tons of calls they get and figure out which are legit or relevant. They are saying give us the information we will analyze it they are not saying we give you the information and you analyze it and get back to us. Rightly or wrongly that is the way the 'world works'.

It is possible that if they totally opened the case file to the public someone like you or I could solve it idk. I also have some concerns as to the handling of the case so far as it has seemed in the very least sloppy. But I think you are misunderstanding what they are asking for the public’s help with. They are asking for information that will allow them to solve the case they are not asking you to solve it.

They are releasing information that they think will help get people to call in tips about sightings possible POIs, and they are releasing any information that they think will not help with this. You or I can disagree with what information needs to be released to further this end (i.e. getting tips). But IMHO you can't expect them to release everything they have in hope that message board posters will solve the case, and (again IMHO) you have to understand what they are asking for. They don't want your analysis of the facts, what they want is anyone with additional facts, or possible facts, to come forward.
Le Singe, I didn't read Ripley007's post as his/her considering it his/her obligation to "solve the case," but as an expression of frustration about the simple things that dont seem to be forthcoming. Im not referring to sensitive details that require discretion, but rather broad, basic tangible facts such as which car was taken to C'ville, who was in their group, the coat if she had one, which pantera T-shirt she was wearing. Things such as these don't seem like too much to ask imo.

moo

Le Singe - I am glad that you responded to the posts and added your opinion. I think it is very important not to lose focus about what can be helpful in the search for Morgan.

As you said none of us know how we would react if our child were missing. I pray none of us ever have to face that tragedy.

The parents may be hiding things or not divlugiing all information b/c LE has instructed them about what they can/should talk about....or maybe they just don't want their entire lives to be on NG. Anyone that followed the CA case should understand how the media can ruin a family's life.

I am sure the same goes for her brother. His lifestyle, hairstyle, clothing and profile pic have nothing to do with Morgan's disappearance and placing him under a microscope only detracts from what is important.

I believe this group has the most caring and loving hearts and only wants to do what is right and best for the missing/deceased. I pray we can all be respectful of the families and the victims and continue to sleuth with hope, faith and love in our hearts.

One thing that comes to mind: Maybe ran away to be with a boyfriend that her parents don't know about?

Yes both of these scenerios sound plausible. Ran away with boyfriend, is what I have been pondering as well.

Yes both of these scenerios sound plausible. Ran away with boyfriend, is what I have been pondering as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme