Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery issue I could kind of understand. I have a bad tendency of dropping my phone all the time and my battery is always flying out when it happens. So maybe if someone grabbed her, the phone could of fallen and the battery game out and got lost. Just thinking out loud.
That is good to know, because I have been questioning in my head about that battery coming out. Normally, I thought the batteries were quite hard to remove.

Regarding the ATM..NG asked Morgan's father when he was on the show if there was any cash withdrawn since Morgan went missing and he would not answer. Does anyone remember that? Wonder why he completely ignored that question..And regarding the battery and the cell phone. Back before cell phones (Yes, I'm ancient) My dad was VERY controlling. He used to check the mileage on the car before I went anywhere to make sure I went where I said I was going. I learned how to disconnect the odometer cable so he wouldnt find out I went 100 miles instead of 10. Maybe Morgan did take out the battery so Daddy couldnt track her.

BBM; I do.

Assuming that the local area has been well searched (unfortunately, with this case, I'm not sure we can assume anything), I'd say it would be unlikely that a homeless person without transport would have taken her.

However, if there are homeless in the area, I hope they've been canvased, as they might have seen something.
Hi debirlfan, I don't think a homeless person took her. I agree with you that they might have seen something.

Yes I too find the relationship between parents and child interesting. I sometimes think it is because they are wealthy and travel in a completely different circle of academics and friends.

Some of the things I have questioned:

The battery continuely falling out of the phone.
Mom saying we have to get used to firsts..Morgan not being with us for the holidays.
Dad saying no Morgan doesn't date, have a boyfriend..something like that.
Le saying Morgan had an injury to her face way after it would have mattered.
Morgan having no money in her checking account.
Friends not caring enough to call her Sunday to say..you make it home ok?

In the Haleigh Cummings case the Sheriff was newly elected and Haleigh going missing was quite a bit to drop on the new guys lap. I wonder how this is all set up and who is in charge of Morgans disappearance investigation. In other words..are they qualified..good...well regarded in the police community?

No matter what happens this case is losing interest real fast and somebody better do something soon.

i know i've said this before so.....i guess this is for us to rechew the same ol food for thought:

there was a guy who posted, during the show if i remember correctly, that he tried to get onto the floor and was booted from the arena.

if she came back from the bathroom, whatever, and decided to try and get onto the floor before Metallica started, maybe they shuffled her off the floor and out of the arena.

and as for trying to get into the venue...i've read she tried a couple of times. the first time was with a lady...so maybe that fem charm just wouldn't crack it. if the other bouncers saw that or knew the lady stopped her before, they may have been less inclined to let her slip back in. imho.

Hi guys......I am now obsessed with this websleuthing......must run in the family.....dad was a policeman.....brother is a policeman....niece is a policewoman and her boyfriend is a policeman...

anyhow.......I have been thinking as to why she was outside and I noticed the posts that guys saw her fall over....others saw her vomit......a girl saw her in the bathroom crying and looking like she had been hit (had a mark on her face) now this sighting was definite I would say as this was reported before the police made it public about the mark on her face.

My theory as to why she was outside: the girl is/was beautiful....stunningly so.....I would say that she is extremely popular....especially with the guys and used to making her presence known and being looked at.....she was also dressed for attention..........so I am sure she would have been a self confident girl.....\

I dont know how a girl like this would take falling over in public.....especially amongst your heavy metal peers and ending up with a mark on your face......now maybe she was drunk...I would say so.....
but I feel that this would have been quite mortifying for her and if she was vomiting as well at a metallica concert........not good for the street cred....

that is why I think she was outside
I guess I dress for attention. lol I wear skirts, tights, and boots as well. However, no Pantera t-shirt for me (only a U2). :blushing:

Maybe with some posters perceiving a lack of interest developing in this case as well as declining media attention... And that the Harrington's seem not to be putting this case in the spotlight like they should...

Maybe there is a reason for that...

Maybe they know or feel that MH has left of her own accord...

Dan and Gil Harrington on CNN Headline News
Time:5:30PM Monday, November 2nd

From the article in the Hook (a weekly Charlottesville newspaper):

"As for the parking area where it was found, it is what a sign describes as the "RV lot," a small piece of asphalt, gravel, and grass that UVA spokesperson Elizabeth Wilkerson [said] is typically filled with recreational vehicles at football games but reserved for athletes losing their usual parking during concerts.

The triangular parcel is surrounded by Copeley Road, the UVA athletic fields, and the CSX/Buckingham Branch train tracks. Shrouded by trees and not part of concert parking, it does not appear lit like the nearby paid parking lots."

(italics mine)

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2...dMorgan-E.aspx
Thanks prof. Welcome!

That is good to know, because I have been questioning in my head about that battery coming out. Normally, I thought the batteries were quite hard to remove.

They can be hard to remove, it depends on the type of phone.
I wish we could see a picture of the exact phone she had.

Also was the removable back that covers the battery found on the phone? If they found the phone with the back on it, then the battery was removed and the back replaced back on the phone.

If she was too disoriented to tell that she lost a battery (one scenario) then she wouldn't know she lost the back of her phone either.

I guess maybe I have to start buying better quality phones so this wount happen, lol.

They can be hard to remove, it depends on the type of phone.
I wish we could see a picture of the exact phone she had.

Also was the removable back that covers the battery found on the phone? If they found the phone with the back on it, then the battery was removed and the back replaced back on the phone.

If she was too disoriented to tell that she lost a battery (one scenario) then she wouldn't know she lost the back of her phone either.
Exactly. Good thinking. I wonder about the SIM card too.

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble catching up with posts posted overnight my time.

Where did the info come from about the make and model of the car?
What is the general consensus on the car now?
Have people seen the info given by the friend, tarheelplaya06 on the psychic thread about that car?
Has anyone been able to decipher this info and get the real story about the car?

ok...a)drove to roanoke at the harrington's house to pick up their tickets that the dad bought with 2 cars B) they left morgans car at the harrington's house and drove the other car with 6 ppl in it to save gas. plus morgan wanted to study for a test with her dad since she didnt have time to that night C) concert driver had the keys, cant specify who the driver was but only that is wasnt morgan, or her car d)they came home to va tech and not to morgans, this is where the dad got suspcious and called the cops

i know u are asking urself the question, why the hell would they do that, i asked them this. but it was the norm for them to do this. they leave each other alone at concerts sometimes. u also would have to think that they atleast have an IDEA who she was meeting up with. they would have to trust that she was getting a ride with someone familiar. doesnt mean she GOT to that particular guy but they arent going to tell that. the police knows that info and they assured me they know that info. but they arent going to say just in case that guys finds out they have that lead.

just what i was told. dont know if that is a big part of the story but i can ask bout where her was stored at. i was told she called when she got to the concert. but if that would help for the astrology i will find it out.

Ok I received 3 texts with the same info. Sorry bout the earlier confusion

3 girls(2 of them roommates and one morgan) drove to jmu. they picked up the girl and her boyfriend at jmu

drove morgans car with the 5 of them to va tech. 4 girls and 1 guy. That is another definite

One of the girls, not the guy, had the keys after they parked in the main lot. They stayed with a friend in va tech after the concert ande left in the morning assuming morgans phone went dead and she had a ride.

sorry for the confusion, but atleast u had me on top of things so we can have a correct reading. i told her friends what you guys were doing for her so they opened up for answers. any information need up to the concert ask me and ill try to find out because thats what the friends will help with. but i think the police were trying to say she had 4 other friends. not just four people. i was incorrect by saying 6 but its 5. and sorry bout the roanoke situation, they drove to jmu.

im here to help though. just continue to ask, and if i confuse u remember i am getting info from friends. but ill make sure more than one tells me the info before i post the answer this time.

but the part about them piling in one car is completely correct. 5 females one male

not her car - correct as well

so just to clarify. once she got to JMU ( James Madison), she called the parents. not when she got to Va Tech

she did have a backpack. but she didnt have the keys because she didnt know she wasnt going to get readmitted. ya know?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90862&highlight=tarheelplaya&page=5

as a last note can people on the psychic thread please bring over this kind of info to us here as it's pretty pertinent to the case...

Exactly. Good thinking. I wonder about the SIM card too.

Some phones do not have sim cards (usually older phones) newer phones have them removable.
Some cheaper phone new and old have or don't have them.

That is a good question, my guess would be she was using a newer phone with a sim card.
IMO, i think someone deliberately took out her battery.
No battery, then the phone isn't on and can't be pinged.

I know all cell phones do not use SIM cards. What phone companies use SIM cards? I know one is T-Mobile.

What is it about Morgan do you think we have not been told? Somehow, I think there is a whole lot to her than what we know.

AT&T and T-Mobile phones have SIM cards.

Verizon and Sprint phones do not.

There's a technological explanation I could provide, but I'm pretty sure it would bore y'all ;)

With the exception of the iPhone, Palm Pre and a few other top line phones, most cell phones have removable batteries that will pop out pretty easily if dropped. Also, SIM cards generally fit in a slot behind or above the battery so if the phone was dropped with some force, the SIM card could have fallen out or pretty easily been taken.

I wish we knew a few things: Model of cell phone, carrier and whether the SIM card was missing too (if there was one). Did we ever find this information out? I'm still catching up on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme