Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you all had a look over http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90862

There is info there pertaining to the case from Tarheelplaya06 (not to do with psychic readings) that has a whole other story about the car. Sorry I don't know how to quote from one thread to another.

(snipped).....then it goes on to say :

[I]"3 girls(2 of them roommates and one morgan) drove to jmu. they picked up the girl and her boyfriend at jmu[/I]

drove morgans car with the 5 of them to va tech. 4 girls and 1 guy. That is another definite

One of the girls, not the guy, had the keys after they parked in the main lot. They stayed with a friend in va tech after the concert ande left in the morning assuming morgans phone went dead and she had a ride.[/
I]

"

Now I'm completely lost. Was following O.K. till this last part above, saying they drove Morgan's car with the five of them to Va. tech. Five of them? Huh? I thought Morgan's car had been left at her parent's home. Does this story not make sense or is it me?

ITA, truthsleuth....was thinking just those things....waaay too bizarre.
What I was thinking....back when I was that age and went out anywhere with friends...mind you, we were pretty big partiers....there were times I would meet a guy and decide to leave with him and "continue on" to do whatever. BUT....my friends always wanted to MEET/SEE this person AND ask me like 6 times "are you gonna be OK...are you sure you want to do this?" NEVER NEVER NEVER did anyone of my friends accept the "I'll find a way home" thing....no matter what!!
The next day, they ALWAYS called to see how things went and if I was OK...they'd even call my parents to see if I was there.
I don't care how young these kids are....NONE of this makes any sense...AT ALL.

AND...if LE and Morgan's family are having sooo much trouble giving straight answers about even the cars, etc....we're in trouble....or should I say MORGANS in trouble. Also, every morning when I check here, I always pray I don't see "Found Deceased" by this thread.

ETA : where did that post go that I was referring to...I KNEW I should have quoted it...LOL

Now I'm completely lost. Was following O.K. till this last part above, saying they drove Morgan's car with the five of them to Va. tech. Five of them? Huh? I thought Morgan's car had been left at her parent's home. Does this story not make sense or is it me?

Why does nothing at all make sense about the car :waitasec:

Heeeelp :banghead:

Something is not right in this case. I have so many questions as I'm sure everyone else does. Why did she go out of the arena when she knew she couldn't get back in? She had attended many events there and surely knew the rules. There are smoking areas inside if that's what she wanted to do. If she was lured out by someone, she had to be more interested in them then the actual concert. Her father said it wasn't unusual for her to take the battery out of her phone. Why would you do that? MOO, it looks like there was alot of pressure and control on her. What 20 year old gives her parents her password? I have 2 grown boys, but would never have even asked for that. I pray for her safe return, but am worried inside. Thanks for letting me question.

ITA, truthsleuth....was thinking just those things....waaay too bizarre.
What I was thinking....back when I was that age and went out anywhere with friends...mind you, we were pretty big partiers....there were times I would meet a guy and decide to leave with him and "continue on" to do whatever. BUT....my friends always wanted to MEET/SEE this person AND ask me like 6 times "are you gonna be OK...are you sure you want to do this?" NEVER NEVER NEVER did anyone of my friends accept the "I'll find a way home" thing....no matter what!!
The next day, they ALWAYS called to see how things went and if I was OK...they'd even call my parents to see if I were there.
I don't care how young these kids were....NONE of this makes any sense...AT ALL.

ETA : where did that post go that I was referring to...I KNEW I should have quoted it...LOL

exactly, plus if my friend's phone went straight to voicemail the whole time and I didn't get delivery reports back on my phone from the texts I had sent her so basically totally out of reach and phone switched off from 9pm till 12pm the next day I would be beside myself

Hi everybody! I've been trying to keep up with this thread but haven't been posting. However, I have a thought or a hunch I thought I'd share.

I hope LE has interviewed the security personnel and 'gate manners' who were on duty that evening to see if anyone left their post or left early or if manpower was cut after the initial influx of concert goers. Have they identified the person who denied Morgan re-entry? I'm thinking whoever took Morgan could have denied her re-entry to the arena for criminal purposes and watched her before they caught up with her in the parking lot to offer 'help'. I kind of have the feeling that she may feel trusting of a person who was a concert 'official'.

I hope Morgan is located soon. I feel so badly for her poor parents. They look so distraught and in pain to me.

wm

thought crossed my mind too and it was brought up on FB

But anyway the security guy was identified-he even posted on FB wall in first day or so -I'm away from my computer for a few hours but later will look for it

Thanks Waddles. I'm thinking it could be someone who knew she was denied entry. If not the security guy then perhaps another who observed. I also wonder what Morgan had in her purse. Someone checking purses could have noticed a prescription drug or cash in Morgan's that was desirable to them.

How does a young woman just disappear off the face of the earth? I suspect she got in the car with someone whom she felt she could trust, unfortunately, because no one has reported seeing her in an altercation or hearing any screams.

You all are doing great work! Keep it up.

wm

exactly, plus if my friend's phone went straight to voicemail the whole time and I didn't get delivery reports back on my phone from the texts I had sent her so basically totally out of reach and phone switched off from 9pm till 12pm the next day I would be beside myself

This has bothered me a long time. I have a 19yr. old son he and his friends communicate constantly by cell phone texting back and forth almost like a running commentary of their lives. I would expect the friends to be at least texting with MH even if she went off with somebody.

Something is not right in this case. I have so many questions as I'm sure everyone else does. Why did she go out of the arena when she knew she couldn't get back in? She had attended many events there and surely knew the rules. There are smoking areas inside if that's what she wanted to do. If she was lured out by someone, she had to be more interested in them then the actual concert. Her father said it wasn't unusual for her to take the battery out of her phone. Why would you do that? MOO, it looks like there was alot of pressure and control on her. What 20 year old gives her parents her password? I have 2 grown boys, but would never have even asked for that. I pray for her safe return, but am worried inside. Thanks for letting me question.

bbm

This is new for me. When did he say that? And that is ODD.

tia

Okay...not MH...

Heather Marie Catterton

RIP Heather

bbm

This is new for me. When did he say that? And that is ODD.

tia

Hmm that is very odd. the only reason my 13 yr old takes her battery out of her phone is when it starts doing weird stuff. We take the battery out to do like a reset.

Only other reason I could see her taking it out is if her family had GPS on their plan, and she didn't want mommy and daddy seeing where she had been if she wasn't suppose to be there.

I keep getting odd feelings about the parent relationship (I absolutely don't think they are invovled in her being missing). Almost like they treated her like a high school age child. Maybe she really screwed up in high school and daddy is keeping tabs on her in college if he is paying the bills...

JMO

Hmm that is very odd. the only reason my 13 yr old takes her battery out of her phone is when it starts doing weird stuff. We take the battery out to do like a reset.

Only other reason I could see her taking it out is if her family had GPS on their plan, and she didn't want mommy and daddy seeing where she had been if she wasn't suppose to be there.

I keep getting odd feelings about the parent relationship (I absolutely don't think they are invovled in her being missing). Almost like they treated her like a high school age child. Maybe she really screwed up in high school and daddy is keeping tabs on her in college if he is paying the bills...

JMO

I agree - that is the perception I have.

I don't believe the parents had anything to do with this either.

If they felt the need to keep an eye on their child, then so be it. Their relationship with MH does seem to be odd though - especially in the snippet of the article I posted the other day in regard to DH referring to MH as a person and not as his daughter.

O/T: (in a way) - I was attending the Shrine Circus at the Roanoke Civic Center about a year ago. I left my seating to go smoke during intermission - cigarettes/lighter in hand finding my way to the smoking area. Was headed thru the smoking area doors to the outside and was told that if I stepped out of the roped off area that I would not be allowed back inside.

I would expect that this is typical policy of most arenas or civic centers and is explained in no uncertain terms.

One thing I thought of - if MH did go out into the designated smoking area and it was crowded - couldn't get back to the door or was impaired too much to get back to the door, then maybe she stepped over or went under the rope or chain of the designated area to get back in - guard saw it and wouldn't let her in because of that. Just throwing that out there...have no idea of whether this happened or not because I do not personally know how JPJ's smoking area is set up.

The other thing - if this had been the "concert of her life"...wouldn't it be a relatively safe guess that she would have found seating closer to the band and not up in the stands?

A couple of things and then on to my thoughts.

First of all I think it was Dr. Harrington that said her battery fell out of her cell phone quite frequently. Second it was daddy again that bought the tickets...perhaps a gift? Personally I think if those tickets meant so much to her she would have had them on her own frig..but thats me.

Now back to what I was thinking about. If they had any suspecians that Morgan ran away I dont' think they would post such a huge reward. $100,000 is a ton of money if you suspect somebody just dropped out for a while. I think they are really beside themselves and to tell you the truth I am suprised nobody has come forward for $150,000. Personally I think she is gone...taken...somewhere waiting to be found by a hiker. I do hope they call Tim Miller at Equasearch. He might be their last hope. Have they had any dogs out searching? I know they had helicoptors.

Then to my last thought. Anybody notice that with all this blogging and friends and people talking about this case how none of the big ten...NG, Jane, Geraldo, Larry King..on and on are keeping up with this case. I keep looking for something but nothing. I was kind of afraid of that. It puzzles me that the parents would put up such a huge reward but not do much to keep the story in the media. Perhaps they are done in.

It's frustrasting that these parents want to know WHAT and Why happened to their daughter, yet, their lips are all but zipped closed. The other night they said" a few minutes ago many of her friends who were there with her that night, came here to our home" Yet, when asked WHAT for godssakes did they say?....Mom and Dad were were mum.......It's frustrating because LE and the family is asking for the publics help, yet they are HOLDING back INFO!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!! They can't have it both ways. The world doesn't work like that......
They are not asking you to solve the case for them there asking people that have factual information to come forward and give it. In this situation it can actually hurt to give out too much information b/c it make it easy for crazies or people who are just remembering wrong to give false tips and it makes it harder for them to sift through the tons of calls they get and figure out which are legit or relevant. They are saying give us the information we will analyze it they are not saying we give you the information and you analyze it and get back to us. Rightly or wrongly that is the way the 'world works'.

It is possible that if they totally opened the case file to the public someone like you or I could solve it idk. I also have some concerns as to the handling of the case so far as it has seemed in the very least sloppy. But I think you are misunderstanding what they are asking for the public’s help with. They are asking for information that will allow them to solve the case they are not asking you to solve it.

They are releasing information that they think will help get people to call in tips about sightings possible POIs, and they are releasing any information that they think will not help with this. You or I can disagree with what information needs to be released to further this end (i.e. getting tips). But IMHO you can't expect them to release everything they have in hope that message board posters will solve the case, and (again IMHO) you have to understand what they are asking for. They don't want your analysis of the facts, what they want is anyone with additional facts, or possible facts, to come forward.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11357718

"Many have speculated about a battery that was missing from the cell phone," said Virginia State Lt. Joe Radar. "Based on interviews we have conducted, it would not be unusual for this particular incident that the battery would drop out of the cell phone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro