Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let me have my say and then lets end it. I am sure others are tired of this discussion. I know I am. You are reading into and not listening to me.

I look at Gil and Dan Harrington and my heart goes out to them. They are in great pain and suffering. Their beloved Morgan is missing. Then they look and the man who should be holding them up is...doing all the grieving.

Once again..there is a time for laughing and a time for crying..a time for weeping and a time for dying...right now..lets all man up.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse as the saying goes but again how in the world do you know WHAT her brother is doing? Are you living in their home? Do you have daily contact with him and Mr and Mrs Harrington? How do you know he's NOT acting as a pillar of strength for his parents right now? I'm sorry but I see prejudice and I have to speak up. It's one of the things in this world I can't sit by and do nothing about.:furious:

I absolutely do not think she was hitchhiking...on the bridge or anywhere else. Whoever the so-called "witnesses" are have a reason to say what they have IMO. They are hiding facts, they are protecting themselves.

I'm not sure what standard protocal is, but I would think there would need to be corroborating witness accounts before the LE would definitively put these sightings on the timeline. They aren't accepting every possible sighting as fact, so I would think they would have to have multiple sightings at the bridge for it to be included in the official sightings timeline.

Thanks for the information PT Prof. If she could see JPJ Arena from the bridge, and was sober enough to realize it, then I doubt she was trying to hitch a ride back there.

That was my thought, too, but I hadn't been out in the cold and rain for an hour wearing mid-heel boots and without a coat. IDK.

The key now to me seems to be are there sightings of MH alone on both sides of the bridge independent of the basketball players' word?

I am hearing that these sightings could be false or could also be for LE to extend investigation C'ville...

She was seen going back and forth bridge to RV lot, waiting for a ride and she was seen borrowing a phone to call for a ride. Not sure where she borrowed phone from but it appears it was when she still had her purse so battery could have been lost when pursed was dropped throughout JPG parking lot. Still don't know what was discussed between her and players.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse as the saying goes but again how in the world do you know WHAT her brother is doing? Are you living in their home? Do you have daily contact with him and Mr and Mrs Harrington? How do you know he's NOT acting as a pillar of strength for his parents right now? I'm sorry but I see prejudice and I have to speak up. It's the one thing in this world I can't sit by and do nothing about.:furious:

It was in Gil's own blog.

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

The thought just came to me that maybe she wasn't trying to hitch a ride back to Roanoke or H'Burg but rather to the home of the guy she was texting after she couldn't get back into the arena.

Everything I've read suggested the guy was some distance away (2 hours?), though no reports of how DH and LE know this...from his cell's area code? Hope not...

When was this established by the hook last I heard from them they were saying that Police had come out and said for sure that it was her car and didn't the parents make some comment about why the friends had her keys which would also confirm that it was her car. And if they had not taken her car why would her friend have the keys to her car? unless something new has been released in the last few days I think it was pretty much settled that it was her car.

This article is the last place i can find that the hook commented on it:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

Your link is dated 10/30/09 -- mine was dated 10/29.... so yours is definitely newer. In your link it says this:

Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

I have been assuming that Dr. Harrington had actual, physical knowledge of Morgan's car being parked in Harrisonburg. IF Morgan's father is simply going by what he has been told by the friends, then it is possible Morgan's car was the one driven to the arena. This would mean one or all of the friends is giving misleading information..... which would not surprise me much. I already find them a bit suspect because they left their friend outside the concert and did not (a)leave and join her or (b) at least take her the keys to the car so she would have a warm place to wait.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse as the saying goes but again how in the world do you know WHAT her brother is doing? Are you living in their home? Do you have daily contact with him and Mr and Mrs Harrington? How do you know he's NOT acting as a pillar of strength for his parents right now? I'm sorry but I see prejudice and I have to speak up. It's the one thing in this world I can't sit by and do nothing about.:furious:

I am with you Mia on this one 100% why on Earth is ANYTHING about MH's brother relevant? I sense prejudice and I've noticed it from the first comment about MH visiting her brother in NYC and why would her parents want her around "all that"I don't think any of this really matters about Morgan's safety but these comments infuriate me as well.

I've heard there is confirmation she was going back and forth from the RV lot to the bridge as someone brought up would be a possibility. This would explain how the purse could be found in the lot. Also that she appeared to be waiting for a ride. She was seen asking to borrow a phone and placing a call. To whom, no one knows. LE are looking into this.

Back and forth in my mind is different from on both sides of the bridge. Can you cite a source? Time elapsed or continuous back and forth? By herself after 9:20 or with someone?

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...organ-harrington-still-missing-sought-a-ride/

"Geller says police also want to hear from anyone who may have allowed a young woman to borrow their cell phone to make a call the night of the concert.

'We don’t have any evidence she made other calls,” Geller says, “but we’d like to know.' ”

It's troubling that LE is just now asking the public to recall this information.

This is something I brought up in one of these earlier threads. Somebody could have let her use their phone and just not reported it because they don't want to get involved. There are people like that who won't go out of their way to speak to LE for whatever reasons even if they have nothing to do with Morgan's disappearance.

Also, I wouldn't discount her hitch hiking just because you wouldn't do it or you see Morgan as someone who wouldn't do it. If LE thinks it's a possibility then it shouldn't be discounted. Morgan's friends could have told them it's something she feels comfortable doing.

Finally, there is still NK. His story involved her taking a ride from a safe looking man. He's deleted his Facebook account so it's hard to see what he's up to online now. There is also the lady who says she saw Morgan in Orange, VA as has been pointed out. She says the police didn't see her or Morgan on the convenience store surveillance tapes but s I hope they take another look at that, maybe they went to the wrong Sheetz, there are two in Orange.

One of the main issues I have with the hitchhiking deal would be why was her purse found back in the direction of the arena. I'll go ahead and say there is no way she put her purse down then went to the bridge to hitchhike unless she was totally out of her mind. This brings me back to something I’ve speculated about in a few post...is it possible the purse was dropped off there later on by the perp? It seems crazy to me that she could have been hitchhiking, but if that is in fact true then I guess that would lay out a reasonable scenario for how this went down:

She's hitchhiking (a terrible idea in today’s society most ppl are scared of hitchhikers and normal law abiding citizens don't pick them up so the only people that will offer you a ride are people you don't want to be riding with) someone sees an easy target picks her up ---> does whatever ----> drops the purse off some time hours later. Sadly this scenario does not bode well for a happy ending to this. I guess if this where the cases it would point to someone who lives in the area as they were willing to come back to drop her stuff off. If it were me I would be redoubling my efforts to really look at any RSO's or others with any kind of similar history in the area.

We also have one BBall player that has left the team, did he also leave school? I ask b/c one possibility is that the school knows he is one of the people they are looking at and they want to start to distance themselves from him in case it is him, but don't want to come out and say anything b/c it could not be him and there is no evidence at this point that it is him. I ask about him leaving school because if this were the case, but they allowed him to stay on campus and this was later revealed there would be hell to pay. Another BBall player was suspended for 3 games maybe LE knows he is not directly involved but he initially was not totally forthcoming when questioned about the situation. NOTE: all the stuff about the BBall players is 100% my brainstorming not even what I think happened, just one possible scenario.

Back and forth in my mind is different from on both sides of the bridge. Can you cite a source? Time elapsed or continuous back and forth? By herself after 9:20 or with someone?

I'm sorry I can't but can say that investigators believe this to be true. She was seen with players in the RV lot. There will be another timeline released shortly. Will keep you updated am just catching up on all my messages

This is something I brought up in one of these earlier threads. Somebody could have let her use their phone and just not reported it because they don't want to get involved. There are people like that who won't go out of their way to speak to LE for whatever reasons even if they have nothing to do with Morgan's disappearance.

Also, I wouldn't discount her hitch hiking just because you wouldn't do it or you see Morgan as someone who wouldn't do it. If LE thinks it's a possibility then it shouldn't be discounted. Morgan's friends could have told them it's something she feels comfortable doing.

Finally, there is still NK. His story involved her taking a ride from a safe looking man. He's deleted his Facebook account so it's hard to see what he's up to online now. There is also the lady who says she saw Morgan in Orange, VA as has been pointed out. She says the police didn't see her or Morgan on the convenience store surveillance tapes but s I hope they take another look at that, maybe they went to the wrong Sheetz, there are two in Orange.

Excellent point on the two Sheetz's in Orange. I was fixated on the wrong one for awhile, as it shows up first in a google maps search, and the other one is buried below some other towns, iirc.

I think the reaction NK got at FB was exactly the wrong thing for that group to do, guilty or innocent, and I hope LE has thoroughly checked into it and him before he went private.

We also have one BBall player that has left the team, did he also leave school? I ask b/c one possibility is that the school knows he is one of the people they are looking at and they want to start to distance themselves from him in case it is him, but don't want to come out and say anything b/c it could not be him and there is no evidence at this point that it is him. I ask about him leaving school because if this were the case, but they allowed him to stay on campus and this was later revealed there would be hell to pay. Another BBall player was suspended for 3 games maybe LE knows he is not directly involved but he initially was not totally forthcoming when questioned about the situation. NOTE: all the stuff about the BBall players is 100% my brainstorming not even what I think happened, just one possible scenario.

I'm curious to know if the bball player that is taking a leave of absence from the team is one of the players that talked to her that night. But there really is no known evidence to suggest any of them had anything to do with the situation other than being one of the last people to actually see her... oh, and for the fact the purse was found in the same vicinity that she was seen interacting with them. I almost hate to go here, but just for the sake of speculation, whitepages + this particular player = interesting. :angel:

I'm curious to know if the bball player that is taking a leave of absence from the team is one of the players that talked to her that night. But there really is no known evidence to suggest any of them had anything to do with the situation other than being one of the last people to actually see her... oh, and for the fact the purse was found in the same vicinity that she was seen interacting with them. I almost hate to go here, but just for the sake of speculation, whitepages + this particular player = interesting. :angel:

True on both counts from what I have just found out

I've heard there is confirmation she was going back and forth from the RV lot to the bridge as someone brought up would be a possibility. This would explain how the purse could be found in the lot. Also that she appeared to be waiting for a ride. She was seen asking to borrow a phone and placing a call. To whom, no one knows. LE are looking into this.
Interesting. A lot of activity in that area then the trail goes cold.

Your link is dated 10/30/09 -- mine was dated 10/29.... so yours is definitely newer. In your link it says this:

I have been assuming that Dr. Harrington had actual, physical knowledge of Morgan's car being parked in Harrisonburg. IF Morgan's father is simply going by what he has been told by the friends, then it is possible Morgan's car was the one driven to the arena. This would mean one or all of the friends is giving misleading information..... which would not surprise me much. I already find them a bit suspect because they left their friend outside the concert and did not (a)leave and join her or (b) at least take her the keys to the car so she would have a warm place to wait.

i agree there was some misleading information somewhere. I don't know how Dr. Harrington would have actually physical knowledge so I don't see how he would have had anything to go on besides the friends story or what LE told him (I believe it was reported that initially LE also thought it was a friends car). In the above quote it says Dr. Harrington said the keys were left in harrisonburg, but yesterday on Dr. Phil (if what i've read is correct I did not actually see it) the Harringtons said that a friend was holding the keys so I think that it's most likely that LEs account is the correct one.

Im sorry, but the hitchhiking story is BS. I do not believe Morgan would have done this. The sighting on the bridge was by the basketball players she had been talking to. I don't believe she was on the bridge. Police should focus on the last people she was confirmed to have been speaking with... and that my friends would be the players.

Yes I remember reading the supposed sighting of MH on the bridge. Samething happen to me years ago. I lost sight of my friends at a football game. I also went to the bathroom and when I left I figured I would get a hotdog. I walked looking for a concession stand with a smaller line. I got lost and couldn't find them, there was so many people. I stood there and watched the game and when it was almost over, I just went to the car and waited for them in the parking lot. Why didn't she just wait by her car for them after the concert was over. It doesn't make any sense.

Now there is a thought, maybe she went to the bathroom and the friends took off somewhere while she was away? She comes back and they are nowhere to be found.... she tries to reach them and can't, she waits..... finally goes looking for them and ends up going out to the car thinking maybe something is wrong?

then she's locked out and they nonchalantly call later and say... "Where the heck are you Morgan!" and she's pissed. Then if they won't bring her HER keys, she's double P.O.'d

Just another theory of what could have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet