Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The post from Waddles is from MH thread #6 post #73 she said her friend has an ex-boyfriend who is FBI. This friend was dismayed by the ex's statement that LE feels Morgan "is not as innocent" as we all think and put herself into a dangerous situation "as was her habit" that could mean hitch hikig

Ah okay, thanks. I couldn't find it and I incorrectly remembered the post it seems. I thought it was a hypothetical not information that someone was hearing about the case.
Let me go back and read. Very interesting.

PAAAAAFLCDKHAHEG.jpg
I have check some postings on ebay to see if anyone has this pretty necklace listed. There are a ton of swarovski crystal necklace auctions.

I have no idea what the bank camera shows, or if the story of her being caught on camera is even true. It was posted as something a local heard supposedly from LE in the area.

As far as the pocketbook, why would she drop it intentionally if something was wrong, then go to the bridge, and then on to the corner of Copeley/Ivy to hitchhike?
I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems like an odd sequence of events.

If you look at the map of witness sightings starting from JPJ arena, the last time she was seen around there was around 9pm. On the map it is marked #3. Sightings number 4-6 show her traveling towards the bridge, not direct, yet as far as the sightings from witnesses go, she is not doubling back.

If someone was after her, she may have known it (had a gut feeling) yet not known the reason;
She could have tossed the bag and ran (other posters mentioned this)
She was heading even farther away from the arena and wanted to mark her trail so to speak in case something happened to her.
She really was running from someone chasing her and dropped it in haste and fear
She dropped it there thinking it wouldn't be found right away as it's not in a main area such as right outside the arena or a traveled sidewalk

Nothing she had in the pocketbook could potentially help her if she was alone by herself in a dangerous situation. Her cell phone had no battery and i assume either died or wasn't working for some reason. (Why police are asking if any potential people can come forward if Morgan asked them to borrow their cell to make a call).
I'm not sure how big her bag was or how much stuff she had in it, however if she was trying to run it may have been weighing her down.
(Maybe she's a good runner in boots idk)

She may not have dropped her pocketbook there at all, someone else could have done it.

Evelyn, i agree it is a very strange sequence of events, that's just my guessing as to what could have possibly happened. I don't understand her hitchhiking either.
If not a soul was around the area aside from passing cars and she had no way out of there and she thought she needed to get away right then and there, then maybe she thought it her only choice. Her cell phone was of no use..

I was skeptical upon hearing the hitchhiking story, too. The local papers have picked it up now:
http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/police_missing_woman_may_have_hitchhiked/48856/

"State police announced Friday that they think Morgan D. Harrington was trying to hitchhike on a Copeley Road bridge the night she disappeared, which her father said isn’t something she’d normally do."

Ah okay, thanks. I couldn't find it and I incorrectly remembered the post it seems. I thought it was a hypothetical not information that someone was hearing about the case.
Let me go back and read. Very interesting.

Hi, it was just meant to say I was concerned about attitudes of society. Someone had mentioned on here how searchers might be less inclined to search if they found out or believed she was on something. That idea seemed unfathomable to me, and then I heard from a reliable source that an agent (not on the case!) himself had an opinion about MH based on what he'd heard. Of course we all know here that it completely does not matter what condition she was in-all that matters is finding her. There was absolutely nothing new in me mentioning this since pages and pages had speculated it was a Saturday night at a concert, she had fallen and dropped purse so there was a possibility she might be impaired. My point had simply been that it was so wrong of certain people in our society to let attitudes get in the way and I should certainly hope these preconceptions had never in any way hampered things in finding her from the start.

Thank you for the link MeoW333, it has some new little tid bits like "independent witnesses" to her hitching, and that LE suspected all along she was hitching. I would think she had to do this on previous occasions for them to think something like that in this day and age. How many young college girls do that now a day? Her friends had to tell LE she hitched before, right?
Now we are are back to the pocketbook being left behind in the little grassy area. The person who took her and most likely desposed of her had to be from that area or from the Univserity with her PB being thrown back in that field, don't you think?
I know you had very reasonable explanations for why she got rid of it before hitching, but it still feels in my gut it was placed or thrown there later by the perp.

At least the LE are getting closer, I hope the story of her on the bank camera is true.
That would be a huge break, but why aren't they releasing it to show the public the car/truck?
They are still asking for witnesses of her getting in a car/truck.

:confused:

Her parents need to get on local Charlottesville TV more or something. That article saying people right in Charlottesville never even heard about MH.

Several of Harrington’s neighbors came to Charlottesville to take part in last weekend’s community search, and have since told Harrington that in the course of their searches they ran into residents near the arena who hadn’t heard about the missing Virginia Tech student, he said.

“It just amazed them that people had not even heard of this in Charlottesville,” he said.

i have some reading to catch up on here, but i think i kept having dreams that maybe morgans phone got wet somehow. rain, drink spilled, dropped in puddle...so she was trying to fix it, dry it, get all the water out and she had taken the battery off.

i have some reading to catch up on here, but i think i kept having dreams that maybe morgans phone got wet somehow. rain, drink spilled, dropped in puddle...so she was trying to fix it, dry it, get all the water out and she had taken the battery off.

Actually, in terms of the battery being missing and possibly having gotten wet, that is exactly what is suggested to do if your phone falls into water. This is done to ensure that electrical volts doesn't fry the phones circuits and once dry most of the time the phone will still work properly.
I was thinking about the hitchiking thing a bit more. Do you think it's possible that either this was the person that Morgan had possibly been waiting for and took longer to show up than expected so she decided to walk to the bridge to look around for him, or he may have told her to meet him on the bridge. If not don't you think it is possible that she was indeed hitchhiking and abducted there and the perp then took her to the spot where her purse was found at first and then decided to take her else where and maybe while he wasn't looking Morgan threw it out in hope someone would soon find it? I just can't see the perp throwing it out, I mean wouldn't that or couldn't that possibly have set off alarms at a much faster rate?

imo, le should release a timeline, based only on facts. this could be anything can be backed up by pings, video, reciepts, etc.

then aside from that they could release reported sightings and if they want can give an opinion on ones they are leaning towards being more credible.
but it is ridiculous to base any time line on sightings when really one is not more reliable than another.
sometimes le hunches are relied upon too heavily, ex. jaycee duggard. they focused on the stepdad, ignored tips called in about g.
they should release, and make clear any FACTS they have.
-last ping time
-sketch exact clothing, bag, jewlery according to mom
-where they parked
-where their seats were
-time their tickets were taken
-first/last time friends pinged in the area
-any purchases made in the city by her or friends

honestly, do we really have a conclusion to the car issue yet?

also if her friend had her keys, where was she hitchhiking to? where did she think she would be able to get into. we know her roommate had gone with her so she wouldnt have been able to get in there.

We should check free photo upload sites in case someone has the camera and uploaded the pictures.

When I heard the concert wasn't sold-out I thought the scalping of tickets idea wasn't correct after-all unless, she was selling them to a friend, guy or acquaintance that wanted to sit with her.

But the tickets one would buy from a scalper would be less than what they were selling at the window (assuming they weren't front row seats or whatever).

However, I don't think a scalper was involved, as the time was after 2 of 3 bands ... most everybody was already there, inside the arena. Likewise, people (press, etc.) keep talking about 'all the people in the parking lot' but this was 2/3 of the way through the evening's entertainment ... folks aren't going to be hanging out most likely!

I've read other sites and people aren't buying the hitchhiking story. They think it conveniently puts MH off the University property and away from the B'ball players who were last spotted with her, and then she disappeared a measly ten minutes later.
I'm not a cover up/conspiracy person, so I'm going to believe LE has credible witnesses other than the B'ballers who saw MH hitchhiking.

The problem is all of these young people have worked so hard to get where they are in their career and may know more but are afraid to be linked to this event.
If they were to receive an accessory charge, there goes their future that they have been working for.
I still believe, there is much more needs to come out about what happened before the concert.

There is an interesting dream sequence posted in the comments section (it's at the very bottom, as of now. Just do a Cntl F and put in Stephanie Almaguer. (Not what we want to read, but if it's true, it would at least be closure)
Am I allowed to quote/post her dream here? I thought there was a dream thread, but could only find the astrology thread and one of the posts there said to put dreams on the 'regular' thread.

ok something kinda weird, i guess may just be a coincidence but one of the nine name is jenna testerman,
there is a facebook for
jenna sheetz testerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members