Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That baffles me to no end..the no video and no pictures. Maybe Morgan was a Ninja and able to leap tall buildings at a total leap. No cell phone pictures sent to friends..nothing.
That is what leads me to the conclusion she never left Harrisonburg where she went to meet up with her friends and called her dad to say she arrived safely. I don't think she made that last leg of the trip.
I surely would like to know if they have any video of the friends coming or going?????

LE said that she did make it to the concert in the first press conference video.
They must have some good reason to know she made it there. I would go with your possible scenario, however LE is looking for more witnesses who may have seen her at the concert, it seems maybe they want to corroborate her friends' stories, i don't know.
They did say she made it there.
Anything is possible, i guess though.
They may have her on camera at the arena and just not tell us. It's such a mystery i wish at least they'd make a statement that they seen her on camera at the arena to confirm it.
Just making a statement wouldn't hurt, it's not like they'd have to air the surveillance video of a bathroom line.

That baffles me to no end..the no video and no pictures. Maybe Morgan was a Ninja and able to leap tall buildings at a total leap. No cell phone pictures sent to friends..nothing.
That is what leads me to the conclusion she never left Harrisonburg where she went to meet up with her friends and called her dad to say she arrived safely. I don't think she made that last leg of the trip.
I surely would like to know if they have any video of the friends coming or going?????

IMO, i really don't think she is a ninja. If she was a ninja, she would have been able to kill or at least incapacitate any attacker that came near her.
Unless she was drugged first, of course.

I was in Charlottesville yesterday and expected to see the city plastered with missing posters, but I only saw them in 2 or 3 businesses, a few bus stop shelters, and of course on the Copeley Rd bridge. We were driving through campus aimlessly while waiting for baby brother-in-law to pack up his things for the holiday, and I just shuddered at so many places, even in the middle of dorm areas, where there were huge, wooded, steep drop-offs. If someone wanted to hide a body on campus, they wouldn't have to go very far at all.

Despite the fact that Security says they didn't kick her out, I think that would totally explain 1) Why she was outside the Arena &
2) Why she was not able to buy a ticket & re-enter

The JPJ doesn't want to lose their liquor license, right? So it makes sense that they would have under-cover staff in the halls watching for the under-age set to shoulder tap. That is a huge liability for them. Many establishments close down b/c of lack of enforcement. If MH tried to obtain beer, I can see them wanting her out of there completely.

This seems quite plausible.

A lot of concerts held in arenas and different places have 2 different wrist bands they give you when you enter if there is alcohol there to be bought. If your 21 or over you get a different wristband than under 21 and not allowed to drink.
Does anyone know if the JPJ arena has such a policy or does that?

A lot of concerts held in arenas and different places have 2 different wrist bands they give you when you enter if there is alcohol there to be bought. If your 21 or over you get a different wristband than under 21 and not allowed to drink.
Does anyone know if the JPJ arena has such a policy or does that?

The story I heard was that Morgan did not have a wristband on, which showed she was underage. I wasn't aware of this policy so didn't quite follow what it meant. Thanks for explaining it.

honestly if this turns out to be true, I GIVE UP. i will take it as le does not want the publics help. something like that in a text message would be known from the start.

I agree. It also puts the friends in an even worse light if they knew Morgan was thinking of hitchhiking and they did nothing to stop her. Hard to know what is truth and what is just being put out there for another reason.

What would be interesting is if she meant "hitchhike" home... or "hitch a ride" I'd like to know her exact wording... as hitch a ride could connote getting a ride with someone she knew.

What would be interesting is if she meant "hitchhike" home... or "hitch a ride" I'd like to know her exact wording... as hitch a ride could connote getting a ride with someone she knew.

My thoughts only,
I think the cellphone they found would give them that information. They might have collected the friends cellphones also??? Just a thought. I am not sure the friends would be required to turn theirs over but maybe to find Morgan and coroborate their story they did that.

This case is extremely odd to me.
Why are LE withholding info?
What would be the reason for this?

My thoughts only,
I think the cellphone they found would give them that information. They might have collected the friends cellphones also??? Just a thought. I am not sure the friends would be required to turn theirs over but maybe to find Morgan and coroborate their story they did that.

I agree I'm just not sure the article is specific enough to differentiate between hitching a ride and hitchhiking.... and someone she knows vs a stranger makes a WHOLE lot of difference

Well,my goodness,whether she was hitching a ride or hitchhiking,she would still be picking up a ride with someone she didn't know,I think.She's 20,I don't understand what she would be thinking to go to strangers and try to get a ride.

People will say ... I'm going to hitch a ride with so and so...

Hitching a ride with someone she knew is different than

hitchhiking...

If it is true and not just bad reporting that she texted her friends she might try to "hitchhike home"..
She told the friends "using a cellphone" calling or texting?
Either way, her friends show lack of concern for her if they didn't call her parents, go outside to look for her, or do something to stop her from putting herself in a bad situation.
Would they have misunderstood "i'm going to hitch a ride with soandso.." as Lilacwine said. If she texted them it would be a different story, they would read it. If she called their is the possibility that the so called friends didn't hear her right as the arena was noisy.. Also if it was said during a call, all we have to go on is her friends' word and at this point, i don't trust them to tell the truth.
Why should Morgan have to hitchhike home when she rode there with her "friends"?? She is the one whose father got the tickets for them, supposedly they drove her car there and now these so called excuses of friends are going to let her hitchhike home? They won't stop her?? I hope this is bad reporting! Ugh. It's horrible, this whole thing could have possibly been prevented had they used the buddy system to go to the bathroom. Morgan is an attractive girl and it's too dangerous out there for her to be going places alone. I would never let my friend go to the bathroom alone amidst a ton of people in an arena (a lot of them probably drunk or drugged out) and i would physically restrain her from hitchhiking if she were my friend, if that would be the only way i could stop her.
If she were truly a sister to them, the minute they thought anything out of the ordinary and not right, the least they could have done was called her parents if they didn't want to go look after her themselves.
For the life of me, i don't understand it..

PS- if she really did tell her friends via her cell that she might try to hitchhike home, would she have said something like that if she were upset and:
A. wanted to get their attention in some way, get a reaction that they cared and would try to stop her
B. wanted to make them feel guilty
C. said something that may be out of character for her as she couldn't be outright and say what was really wrong for some reason, so she said she'd try and hitchhike home and hoped they'd get the hint, which obviously being self absorbed people, they didn't.

Sorry, i'm really starting to not like her friends worse than ever..
I'm not sure they're capable of murder, however as far as being a friend is concerned, they FAIL the test completely.

the "hitching a ride thing"... I've gotta tell you that today I stopped and scanned a public bulletin board (that is an actual board with tacks) at the grocery store here in Blacksburg.. (I've been here since last Friday for Thanksgiving with Dh's family).. numerous postings by apparent students asking for a ride to numerous out of town destinations with offers to pay gas, etc...

I do not think this is a bit uncommon for any college town, students just have a different sense of community and a lack of fear from one of their own, even if they aren't actually aquainted. I've thought from the beginning that her "plan" after whatever bad thing happened to get her out of the arena was to find average looking students heading back to Roanoke, B-burg, Harrisonburg .. one of those places. That's what I think a student would call "hitching a ride" (not sticking her thumb out on the side of the road where a crazy would surely find her) and I think her friends would have not seen this as a risky plan b/c they are students also. Yes, its naive to the extreme and tremendously risky.. just as advertising in the grocery store or on Craigslist for a ride is, but kids do it all the time.

I work in media, and I have to say the report on her telling her friends she was hitching is a case of bad reporting. My instinct is the reporter confused the fact that LE said she was hitching with the phone call she placed to friends. Media have good intentions, but they are far from the gospel. Way too many mistakes made each and every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios