Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what he means that he tried to make it to the floor. Was the "lady" a security guard? Surely the "floor" is not outside the arena. I don't understand what he means.

He got a speeding ticket halfway between Lynchburg & Charlottesville? LE surely would have a record of that incident. Maybe Cofinail saw something up there in 312.

The "floor" area would be right in front of the stage, they may not have had chairs there so it'd be standing room/ possible mosh pit close to stage area. (this would apply as well if it was seating and chairs, as everyone is standing to see, as long as one can sneak in)
The "lady" is probably some type of security who wouldn't let him through as he didn't pay to be on the floor.
Sometimes at concerts, it's easy to get better seating if there is a riot or some distraction for security and then people jump a railing or whatever is set up to block the more expensive closer seating towards the stage..

It's a good idea to check with the people sitting near where Morgan would be seated, i'm glad someone found this site.

LE could probably definitely find the guy who got the speeding ticket, seems there is a couple different people on that thread who were seated near Morgan. On the earlier pages of it,1 and 2, i think some people were looking for advice on places to go in the town or other people to meet up and party with before or after the show..

On page #4 of those comments, post #80
"d
I was in 313 row G - there was a girl sitting in the second seat that fit the description of the missing girl .. my friend I was with is the one who first saw the story on Monday morning and he contacted the authorities. The news stories are saying that she was separated at 840pm, before Metallica took the stage, and before I first arrived at my seats so i dont think its her but we did contact the authorities "
http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=113903&hl=morgan%20harrington&st=75

Also someone else mentions in post #77 that the Econolodge across the street was jumping with parties before and after the concert..

Now,that is interesting about the parties at the Econolodge,people live in cheap hotels like that and they are cheap that can't find homes.A perfect place for RSOs to live that are having a hard time getting a place.But,if she just went to the bathroom,how could she not get back in,bathrooms would be not too far from doors in the hall?If she went out of the arena,why would she not have her ticket in her purse to show she had one?That makes no sense,unless one of the friends showed the tickets at the door and didn't hand her one. She never thought about it when she left.

Now,that is interesting about the parties at the Econolodge,people live in cheap hotels like that and they are cheap that can't find homes.A perfect place for RSOs to live that are having a hard time getting a place.But,if she just went to the bathroom,how could she not get back in,bathrooms would be not too far from doors in the hall?If she went out of the arena,why would she not have her ticket in her purse to show she had one?That makes no sense,unless one of the friends showed the tickets at the door and didn't hand her one. She never thought about it when she left.

It wasn't only the Econolodge, it sounds like pretty much all hotels, motels were booked with Metallica fans who may have been partying around that area.
True, a lot of RSO's can live in hotels or motels..

As for a ticket stub, even if she had it, she couldn't get back it. The arena's policy for the concert was once you exit the concert building you can't get back in. If you buy another ticket, maybe, i'm not sure if the box office was still open at that time or if they took cash only, etc.

The only reasons i can think of Morgan wanting to leave is if she was having a horrible time (fighting with friends) or she was supposed to meet up with someone she had either met inside the concert..
I'm assuming LE checked her computers and cell phone to see if she made a contact with anyone who she could have potentially met up with at the concert, from months prior even.

that quote sounded to me like someone who got back in the arena

They may have arrived late. I'm thinking some diehard Metallica fans don't really care about seeing the opening bands, as long as they make it for Metallica..

If she was trying to get from the Arena to Amtrak,it would be a little over a mile on Main St.

It wasn't only the Econolodge, it sounds like pretty much all hotels, motels were booked with Metallica fans who may have been partying around that area.
True, a lot of RSO's can live in hotels or motels..

As for a ticket stub, even if she had it, she couldn't get back it. The arena's policy for the concert was once you exit the concert building you can't get back in. If you buy another ticket, maybe, i'm not sure if the box office was still open at that time or if they took cash only, etc.

The only reasons i can think of Morgan wanting to leave is if she was having a horrible time (fighting with friends) or she was supposed to meet up with someone she had either met inside the concert..
I'm assuming LE checked her computers and cell phone to see if she made a contact with anyone who she could have potentially met up with at the concert, from months prior even.

Wow,concerts have changed since I went to my last one,that was Nugent,awesome,anyway I wonder if it wasn't sold out.I actually could see her trying to get to Amtrak rather than a bus and especially walking if it was only a little over a mile away.But for someone to know to take a battery out so there wouldn't be pings is not just a dum SO,IMO.They knew they could be followed and they wanted time to get far enough away.So,I'm thinking someone who knows the news and how cellphone pings are used or an educated student on it,just for starters,alot of college kids there.

:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

olive, good :sleuth:

Olive, good catch on finding these threads! :clap::clap::bananalama:

If LE hasn't already, they definitely need to check threads like that on the Metallica sites to look for potential witnesses who may have seen Morgan.

Wow,concerts have changed since I went to my last one,that was Nugent,awesome,anyway I wonder if it wasn't sold out.I actually could see her trying to get to Amtrak rather than a bus and especially walking if it was only a little over a mile away.But for someone to know to take a battery out so there wouldn't be pings is not just a dum SO,IMO.They knew they could be followed and they wanted time to get far enough away.So,I'm thinking someone who knows the news and how cellphone pings are used or an educated student on it,just for starters,alot of college kids there.

Winterrose, i do agree, whoever the perp is, he has knowledge that LE would ping her cell phone, so he took the battery out to buy himself time.
There is always the possibility the battery fell out somewhere i suppose.
I do think a perp removed it so Morgan couldn't use it to call for help.
LE was asking for witnesses to come forwards who may have been lent their cell phone to Morgan to make a call. (This may imply that her cell phone had stopped working for some reason, so she was borrowing others).

In terms of the basketball players, they never do say if they found out anymore info or if they were just letting everyone know that they had been questioned.

Winterrose, i do agree, whoever the perp is, he has knowledge that LE would ping her cell phone, so he took the battery out to buy himself time.
There is always the possibility the battery fell out somewhere i suppose.
I do think a perp removed it so Morgan couldn't use it to call for help.
LE was asking for witnesses to come forwards who may have been lent their cell phone to Morgan to make a call. (This may imply that her cell phone had stopped working for some reason, so she was borrowing others).

I didn't realize someone lent her a cell,then is it possible her purse was stolen and thrown there,but why wouldn't they throw it in a dumpster?Just things that make you go,hm.

Oh,I'm editing,LE is looking to see if someone lent her a phone.If she had called someone family or friends know,the number of the cellphone user would be on thier phone.So,I wonder if they are looking to see if she met someone they didn't know about.They could just pull up that person's phone records to see who she called.

In terms of the basketball players, they never do say if they found out anymore info or if they were just letting everyone know that they had been questioned.

Yeah,from some of the comments on that one article it had already started in blaming them for a cover up.After the other college fiasco that ruined alot of things for those players in that false accusation,I can understand why they'd want to clear that up for them.

Yeah,from some of the comments on that one article it had already started in blaming them for a cover up.After the other college fiasco that ruined alot of things for those players in that false accusation,I can understand why they'd want to clear that up for them.

Well I wonder why they are releasing what they call "breaking news" today if its basically what we already knew?

Well I wonder why they are releasing what they call "breaking news" today if its basically what we already knew?

You never know what LE is up to,they can say something to make people feel comfortable,put thier guard down.

I think it is just to peak your interest so you watch their broadcast. Boost ratings. And it is a great ploy because of the lack of any news ..at all. Everybody following this case are starved for information and a lead like that will draw in the multitudes.

Just like when NG starts off with her famous "bombshell" and it is nothing we haven't heard a hundred times.

Why was she talking to a basketball team,was she looking for a ride,was she drinking and just running around hanging out with whoever she saw?It doesn't say what time she was talking to them,does it?It makes me wonder if she was taking some kind of a drug before going to the concert and she was just off the wall,not thinking right.I can understand if she was asking for a ride to Amtrak or something.

Why was she talking to a basketball team,was she looking for a ride,was she drinking and just running around hanging out with whoever she saw?It doesn't say what time she was talking to them,does it?It makes me wonder if she was taking some kind of a drug before going to the concert and she was just off the wall,not thinking right.I can understand if she was asking for a ride to Amtrak or something.

I agree, it never states what was said between them, or what she approached them for....?
They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington's movements."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/72720292.html

i just want to clarify that in interviews there are 2 melvins.
amy and amanda. amanda went to highschool 2000-2004, and has commented publicly.
i believe i found some of her social sites but no missing morgan pic.

I didn't realize someone lent her a cell,then is it possible her purse was stolen and thrown there,but why wouldn't they throw it in a dumpster?Just things that make you go,hm.

Oh,I'm editing,LE is looking to see if someone lent her a phone.If she had called someone family or friends know,the number of the cellphone user would be on thier phone.So,I wonder if they are looking to see if she met someone they didn't know about.They could just pull up that person's phone records to see who she called.

after seeing you seem to want to help and be active i thought i would point you to
http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx
this article is a good summary and should help you catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme