Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting though in that.... she had the bloody chin. She would want to fix her face .. so to speak.

Did she have that before or after she went into the bathroom?

Someone had to see her in the bathroom.... I mean ladies room.. concert... before the big act not having people there?

I've spent the last two days reading almost all of this forum. This is my first post, and here is my two cents:

One would think that the first thing Morgan would do is go to the box office and buy another ticket. Especially since she'd waited 6 months for this!! But if it the box office was closed.... she would have to call her friends to explain the situation.

However...maybe she couldn't get ahold of the friends immediately for whatever reason. There she is stranded, let's say that the perp was premeditatedly stalking the outside of the arena looking for a potential victim that night. (This was sort of the profile given by a professional criminologist toward the beginning of the blogs.)

This criminal could be sitting in a car, waiting for an opportunity such as a woman stumbling out of the venue, possibly to throw up.

If the perp has been to concerts, then he knows that this happens; and he also know that there is sort of a comraderie amongst fellow concert-goers, even strangers. Perhaps the perp approached her after observing her failed attempt to get back into the arena. He knew that she would be cold and stranded, and perhaps he wore a warm raincoat. One that he could let her borrow, as he commisserated with her about missing that show. Maybe he even went as far as to say that he too had been denied re-entry too! Acting like a fellow concert-goer, somebody she could relate to.

All it would take is him gaining her trust, and he could easily lure her into his trap, by getting her to agree that it would be warmer/drier in his car.

If it all happened fairly quickly, by the time the phone call was made, he could have had a gun up to her telling her what to say. That would explain why the phone conversation was so brief and so vague. The phone call was so odd. Particularly the part about I'll find a ride. I don't think that was her. Her coerced, more likely.

Last spring my friends and I went to see a show at JPJ. During the show, and even at intermission, it was so loud in there that you could not hear your friends when they called, you could not hear the conversation. We ended up texting. I remember it was hot and crowded in there. The smoking section was a separate balcony outside, it too was jam packed. If I had felt sick, I would have been way claustrophobic, and gone all the way outside the arena for fresh air.

The lack of a jacket on that cold of a night, could have really been a big deal in this whole thing.

Didn't folks say it snowed on the Blue Ridge that night. So that brings me to the other question of where did he take her? Charlottesville is crowded with lots of stop lights and places she could escape a vehicle. My guess is he took her to one of the many deserted rural areas west or south of town, as quick as possible to avoid detection. Probably that night.

He may have raped her. If her body is discovered, then the forensics might be able to crack this case. Because if you do not put stock in the sightings around town, it is easy to see that in one car ride, the perp got her from crime scene #1 to crime scene #2.

I used to love how Dale Hynman of Court TV would figure out the profile of the perp and go from there. I wonder if Dale could be brought in?!

I think that police should try and see a larger pattern, as this looks like a serial killer could be striking. Look at all the vehicles that are being described and see if that matches any patterns with past crimes against women in Central Virginia. What about viewing footage from cameras in rural locations.

Does anybody know if the BR Parkway was open that night? Or was it shut due to the snow? Are there any surveillence cameras up there? I think the search needs to spread out into those outskirts in order to find her.

I didn't realize it was that cold and snowing that night. I thought it in maybe the high 40's. She was in the lot for almost an hour wandering from point 1 to point 6 on the map. No hat, no gloves and mostly no sweater or coat or jacket. She had to be freezing.
I always thought she went from point 5 in the RV lot to point 6 on the bridge. Somebody in another site suggested she was on the bridge, point 6 and the car took her to point 5 in the RV lot where her purse and cell phone was found. That is interesting to think about.

I didn't realize it was that cold and snowing that night. I thought it in maybe the high 40's. She was in the lot for almost an hour wandering from point 1 to point 6 on the map. No hat, no gloves and mostly no sweater or coat or jacket. She had to be freezing.
I always thought she went from point 5 in the RV lot to point 6 on the bridge. Somebody in another site suggested she was on the bridge, point 6 and the car took her to point 5 in the RV lot where her purse and cell phone was found. That is interesting to think about.

I don't know about the snow - but it was extremely cold and rainy/misty that night, slight breeze I believe as well and the temp was about 40. It was a miserable, miserable night to be out.

ETA: http://www.wunderground.com/history...ttesville&req_state=VA&req_statename=Virginia

I hope this link will take you right to the weather of the day. Gives lots of data regarding weather conditions.

Thank you MBLover. As I read it the temp was about 45 degrees. Humidity was 68%. Wind was 9.2 mph. Cloudy. What a nasty night that was. She had to be cold and scared and lost. I still can't imagine what kept drawing her farther and farther from the JPJ Arena, friends and her car? Why did she seek the darkness instead of the light?

I keep going back to Ground Zero, the RV lot. If she was picked up on the bridge and driven to the RV lot why would somebody stop the car, roll down the window, throw out the purse and phone while trying to subdue a grown woman. Just doesn't make sense to me. I could see that purse and phone being discarded a million places but not where she was last seen. The only thing I can think of is that somebody was concerned about her making a distress call. You never know how many phones one carries. Maybe that is why it was discarded there???

I see that purse being thrown out on the side of a mountain. Never to be seen again.

Was there a post that stated LE had asked people to keep an eye out for Morgan's camera? I ask because I just returned from a concert, and it reminded me of a previous experience at a different show. Most venues are fine with people taking pictures, BUT they will step in if they catch you taking video. Is it possible Morgan was removed from the venue because she was recording whatever band was on stage? It's a stretch, but I thought I'd throw it out there while the thought was fresh.

Just from what other concert goers have stated I don't think they throw too many people out. Especially for breaking simple rules. I think the most they might do is take your camera and tell you you could pick it up later at the office or box office. It seems like as long as you aren't hurting somebody and can be controlled..you are in. The crowd probably depends on the performers. Some more mild than others.

Thank you MBLover. As I read it the temp was about 45 degrees. Humidity was 68%. Wind was 9.2 mph. Cloudy. What a nasty night that was. She had to be cold and scared and lost. I still can't imagine what kept drawing her farther and farther from the JPJ Arena, friends and her car? Why did she seek the darkness instead of the light?

You're very welcome!

That's what I can't figure out either. Why go away from the arena, when you could at least stand under an overhang at the building and be out of the rain and wind?

Why not call a cab to take you to the nearest coffee house or restaurant and be totally warm and dry?

I have a question... We know that JPJ has security on the inside of the arena stationed at the doors and more than likely throughout other parts of the venue. But does JPJ have security that patrols the parking lots? Or is that left to the C'ville PD or UVA campus LE? Anyone know?

It's been stated in news reports by LE that MH was seen hitchhiking. I don't think too many of us here completely buy that statement/theory.

Wonder if someone saw MH talking to someone thru the window of a stopped car and assumed she was hitchhiking?

IF MH was hitchhiking would she just go with whoever or would she be a little more selective in what kind of vehicle she would get in? Someone with a nice vehicle? Someone whose vehicle had some kind of company name and/or logo on it? Campus security? A police car? A taxi? Someone who had a vehicle that may have been a former LE vehicle? Or an unmarked LE vehicle? UVA Hospital security?

It's late and I'm brain drained...what I'm trying to get at...who could take MH off the street seemingly without struggle? What would make it easier for this person to do this - besides being under the cover of darkness and a girl being alone?

Would be nice to know if all security personnel was retained at the venue the entire time of the concert or if after things got underway that some were sent on their way or had finished their shift - or left due to "illness"...

Just throwin' this out there...

Wow, I would hate to the the person responsible at JPJ if they find out that not only was she denied re-entry, but she was also kicked out of the place. Woe is the person responsible for that. Check out the tapes of the Metallica show and tell me who is engaging in offensive language? The main act. Kick them out!

I wonder if that the the guy who posted something like him feeling bad he could not help her. I think he posted it on thee FB wall? I am pretty sure it was a security guard.

what makes u think that? metallica apearantly went on at 9pm sharp. im sure they played longer than that.

I had thought i read in an article that Morgan left right before Metallica was to go onstage. We know she left about 8:20pm and it was said before Metallica went on. Bands usually play for 45-1 hour i would think, although i guess it would depend on the band. Maybe some play an hour and a half.
That's what i was basing that on... do you have a link to what time they went on? I'm trying to find one. They played a total of 18 songs.

Here is a pdf file with a map of who was to park where buses, limos, prepaid passes regarding the parking during the Metallica concert at JPJ arena.

http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/documents/MetallicaParkingOptions.pdf

Her friends who were there with her need to talk to LE about everything if they haven't already.
The concert should have been ending around 9:20-9:30 and during that time Morgan was last seen around the Copeley Rd bridge area.

Why wouldn't she just head back to her car and meet up with the others?
There has to be a reason she didn't just head back to the arena or at least to where her car was parked.
I am really thinking that there is a lot more than meets the eye with these "friends" of hers. Possibly they were fighting. Still, it's Morgan's car and she's entitled to it, not them.

In the first press conference, LE stressed that Morgan's friends should get involved in the case, yet how involved are they really?
If Morgan and her friends were having a spat, would it hurt the investigation to release that info? I don't think it would..

The concert would have ended around 1130 pm to 12 am. Metallica started their first set around 9 pm if IIRC?

Interesting though in that.... she had the bloody chin. She would want to fix her face .. so to speak.

Did she have that before or after she went into the bathroom?

Someone had to see her in the bathroom.... I mean ladies room.. concert... before the big act not having people there?

IIRC she was bruised when she went to the bathroom as per an eyewitness. Read that a looooong time ago in this thread.

I've spent the last two days reading almost all of this forum. This is my first post, and here is my two cents:

One would think that the first thing Morgan would do is go to the box office and buy another ticket. Especially since she'd waited 6 months for this!! But if it the box office was closed.... she would have to call her friends to explain the situation.

However...maybe she couldn't get ahold of the friends immediately for whatever reason. There she is stranded, let's say that the perp was premeditatedly stalking the outside of the arena looking for a potential victim that night. (This was sort of the profile given by a professional criminologist toward the beginning of the blogs.)

This criminal could be sitting in a car, waiting for an opportunity such as a woman stumbling out of the venue, possibly to throw up.

If the perp has been to concerts, then he knows that this happens; and he also know that there is sort of a comraderie amongst fellow concert-goers, even strangers. Perhaps the perp approached her after observing her failed attempt to get back into the arena. He knew that she would be cold and stranded, and perhaps he wore a warm raincoat. One that he could let her borrow, as he commisserated with her about missing that show. Maybe he even went as far as to say that he too had been denied re-entry too! Acting like a fellow concert-goer, somebody she could relate to.

All it would take is him gaining her trust, and he could easily lure her into his trap, by getting her to agree that it would be warmer/drier in his car.

If it all happened fairly quickly, by the time the phone call was made, he could have had a gun up to her telling her what to say. That would explain why the phone conversation was so brief and so vague. The phone call was so odd. Particularly the part about I'll find a ride. I don't think that was her. Her coerced, more likely.

Last spring my friends and I went to see a show at JPJ. During the show, and even at intermission, it was so loud in there that you could not hear your friends when they called, you could not hear the conversation. We ended up texting. I remember it was hot and crowded in there. The smoking section was a separate balcony outside, it too was jam packed. If I had felt sick, I would have been way claustrophobic, and gone all the way outside the arena for fresh air.

The lack of a jacket on that cold of a night, could have really been a big deal in this whole thing.

Didn't folks say it snowed on the Blue Ridge that night. So that brings me to the other question of where did he take her? Charlottesville is crowded with lots of stop lights and places she could escape a vehicle. My guess is he took her to one of the many deserted rural areas west or south of town, as quick as possible to avoid detection. Probably that night.

He may have raped her. If her body is discovered, then the forensics might be able to crack this case. Because if you do not put stock in the sightings around town, it is easy to see that in one car ride, the perp got her from crime scene #1 to crime scene #2.

I used to love how Dale Hynman of Court TV would figure out the profile of the perp and go from there. I wonder if Dale could be brought in?!

I think that police should try and see a larger pattern, as this looks like a serial killer could be striking. Look at all the vehicles that are being described and see if that matches any patterns with past crimes against women in Central Virginia. What about viewing footage from cameras in rural locations.

Does anybody know if the BR Parkway was open that night? Or was it shut due to the snow? Are there any surveillence cameras up there? I think the search needs to spread out into those outskirts in order to find her.

It does not make sense that someone had a gun pointed at her at the time of the call (8:48pm) as she was seen with the 4 guys and then the 3 bb players (9:10 - 9:20pm) near the RV lot after the phone call.

Hi Mountain Mama :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths!
Your first post here is one of the best first posts i've ever seen!
All supposed sightings aside, you present a very good theory, also if you are considering some of the sightings, your theory still is fitting. He could have followed her to the RV lot in his vehicle and or happen to just "be there" already.

I am certain a predator got her. Whether a serial killer, or an isolated incident caused by a lone perp or perps, i don't know..

Does anyone know offhand if any other women went missing off the BR Parkway?

It does not make sense that someone had a gun pointed at her at the time of the call (8:48pm) as she was seen with the 4 guys and then the 3 bb players (9:10 - 9:20pm) near the RV lot after the phone call.

If you take out the forced phone call part since the timeline is already, there it is possible that after that point a predator got her. We know her cell phone wasn't working, possibly the battery died? LE was asking potential witnesses to come forward if Morgan had asked them to use their phone.

When her friends did call her finally, i could imagine it would be very hard for them to hear her being inside a noisy arena. They might not have picked up on the sound of her voice and if she sounded upset or fearful.
We don't even know what was really said in that phone call..
Her friends need to come forward if they haven't and tell LE everything! If they had got in a fight with Morgan that night, what was her demeanor like when she went to the bathroom, etc.

It's been stated in news reports by LE that MH was seen hitchhiking. I don't think too many of us here completely buy that statement/theory.

Wonder if someone saw MH talking to someone thru the window of a stopped car and assumed she was hitchhiking?

IF MH was hitchhiking would she just go with whoever or would she be a little more selective in what kind of vehicle she would get in? Someone with a nice vehicle? Someone whose vehicle had some kind of company name and/or logo on it? Campus security? A police car? A taxi? Someone who had a vehicle that may have been a former LE vehicle? Or an unmarked LE vehicle? UVA Hospital security?

It's late and I'm brain drained...what I'm trying to get at...who could take MH off the street seemingly without struggle? What would make it easier for this person to do this - besides being under the cover of darkness and a girl being alone?

Would be nice to know if all security personnel was retained at the venue the entire time of the concert or if after things got underway that some were sent on their way or had finished their shift - or left due to "illness"...

Just throwin' this out there...

Funny you would ask that about who she would go with. Reading in another blog Evidently this concert weekend corresponded with something with parents. Also another disappearance corresponded with first week of school when parents would be there. Then they are looking for a gray van. Who drives a gray van??? Makes me think..somebodys parent looking person might have offered a ride. Sorry I don't have the exact places to send that you could read the post but this is pretty much it. It just came to me in memory when you asked who she would feel comfortable with. Of course somebody she called or talked with or knew would also be able to get her in their car.

I don't think she raised a fuss because there were people here and there that night with the concert in full swing.

The concert would have ended around 1130 pm to 12 am. Metallica started their first set around 9 pm if IIRC?

My mistake on the time, from reading articles that "she left right before Metallica was to go on" i took it literally, assuming that they went on soon after she went missing and based their length of playtime on that. oops :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9