Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so upsetting!! Here we are over a month since MH was last seen and NO NEWS!! This is so frustrating. Every day I hope we will find out something or there will be a break in the case. Unfortunately... no news is not good news here...it's bad! :(

From what her mom says on the Dr Phil show, it looks like Morgan was looking forward to the concert.
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
(Dr Phil link with Morgan's parents above)
For a girl who was looking forward to a concert for 6 months, and so excited to go, it's strange to think someone was able to get her outside somehow, let alone for Morgan to leave the concert by choice, is odd, imo.
I would think that her leaving the concert, something was wrong, she wasn't having a good time, why would a girl who was really looking forward to a concert, leave that concert?!
The purse/pocketbook? was the type like a little bookbag, she could wear it on her back without worrying about having to set it down to dance.. It seems like a lot of planning went into what she was going to wear to the concert, another thing that says that the concert was very important to her, imo.
Did she have a fight with her friends? The only reason i can see for her to leave a concert is that the "company" there with her was not being good company in some way.. even if someone she didn't know was making Morgan nervous, you would think she would feel comfortable enough with her friends to mention it to them, and that if she did want to leave, they would accompany her..

On the Dr Phil show, her mom says that Morgan is the one who called her girlfriends, not the other way around.. i'm not sure which way is true, did her friends call her? Or did she call her friends? After that call there was some texts according to her mom, some texts sounds plural.. an in more than one text, yet we only hear about the call Morgan made to friends, and a text to a young man..

If Morgan called her friends, her friends didn't call her, in the call where Morgan supposedly said that she'd find a way home herself.
They had her car and keys.. it's very unthoughtful that they wouldn't even bring her the keys.

Does anyone have the video link with Sarah Snead speaking in context to Morgan being missing? I'm trying to find that one..

I have thought many of the things you write about. The only thing is where are the video or a picture of her. Dee is everyplace but no Morgan. And as our earlier poster said even the LE is saying "they can't find her anywhere on video". Was she a ninja and able to avoid all the cameras?
I still think that from the time Morgans dad bought those ticket til now things changed for Morgan. Six months is a long time in a young gals life. Perhaps she met somebody, broke up with somebody? We just don't know. I know she was excited with her mother getting ready for the party but sometimes girls do that so they don't disappoint their parents. Thats about all I have right now. Like the rest of us..I too am chasing my tail.

The Sarah Snead link is here. I hope it works for you.

I am sorry but the link I found has the stars in it. I will try to find it another place..it is a video.

Walker started a good thread that has made us all think regarding Morgan's car and who rode with whom etc. Here is a quote from the Roanoke Times right after this all started by Amy Melvin stating her car was still in the lot after the concert. Along with the link;

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/223121

Amanda Melvin said Harrington's purse and cell phone were found outside the stadium and her car was still in the parking lot. She said Harrington wouldn't abandon her friends there.

Now here is a quote from Blink on Crime stating that Dr. Harrington was told by one of Morgan’s friends that her car was not driven to JPJ and pointing out that Amy and Sarah, two of her friends, had disappeared from the social networks. Again, with the link;

http://************.com/2009/11/10/morgan-harrington-case-lack-of-leads-frustrates-search-efforts/

And here is the VSP stating that her car was never at the concert.

Her car was still in the lot but there was no trace of Morgan. (UPDATE: Previous news reports of her car being in the parking lot are false. Police corrected the record stating that she road with friends)

Here’s the link;

http://crimesearchersonline.com/ind...w=Morgan-Harrington-is-Missing.html&Itemid=60

If I’m reading your posts correctly Walker, you are going on the assumption that Morgan’s car was in C’ville. But VSP issued a correction pretty early on that it was not. Am I wrong about your thinking her car was driven to JPJ? Also, you mentioned her giving the keys to her 2005 Volvo, but Morgan’s car was Honda.

Link here;

http://crimesearchersonline.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=31&func=view&catid=52&id=36192

Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

The following are my thoughts only:
From your post that Dr. Harrington maintained that Morgan's car never left Harrisburg and from Harrisburg was also the last time Morgan called home to say she arrived safely. That and the no video and no pictures makes me think Morgan never made it to the concert. I think something happened in Harrisburg. I still have doubts about the purse and cell phone being there. Maybe the friends just threw it out of their car..because they were mad at Morgan from something happening in Harrisburg? She could have been calling those friends at the concert from Harrisburg? How do we know from where the call was made. Aren't they looking for somebody that loaned her a phone?

I really can't believe that we are still discussing if her car was in Charlottesville. This just proves how much misinformation there is in this case.

Source: http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

This is a link to the Hook article which states that: "Morgan and Melvin, who share an off-campus apartment in Blacksburg, drove to Harrisonburg, where they picked up Snead and, according to her father, the boyfriend of a friend. According to State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the four rode from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville in Morgan's car. Morgan, Geller says, allowed a friend to drive, so she didn't have her car keys with her during the show."

And the comment below the article:
"Hawes Spencer, Hook Editor10/29/2009 10:54:51 AM
@J Hey, this is the Hook editor here. Morgan's dad originally told us that Morgan's car and keys stayed in Harrisonburg. In preparing this cover story, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller-- asserting a change in info-- told us the contrary scenario we put in this story above. So we spoke again this morning to Dr. Harrington, and he stands by his statement: that Morgan's car was never in Charlottesville. Messages left this morning with Ms. Geller have not been immediately returned, but we'll update as soon as she clarifies...."

This would explain why Morgan did not have the keys..it was not her car driven. The friend would have the car keys to her own car.

From your post that Dr. Harrington maintained that Morgan's car never left Harrisburg and from Harrisburg was also the last time Morgan called home to say she arrived safely. That and the no video and no pictures makes me think Morgan never made it to the concert. I think something happened in Harrisburg. I still have doubts about the purse and cell phone being there. Maybe the friends just threw it out of their car..because they were mad at Morgan from something happening in Harrisburg? She could have been calling those friends at the concert from Harrisburg? How do we know from where the call was made. Aren't they looking for somebody that loaned her a phone?

If this scenario were true.. it might explain the battery out of the phone. They might take the battery out to avoid pings when in a certain location.. put it back in when convenient... remove it when convenient...
I'm not sure, but I too wonder if she made it there.

If this scenario were true.. it might explain the battery out of the phone. They might take the battery out to avoid pings when in a certain location.. put it back in when convenient... remove it when convenient...
I'm not sure, but I too wonder if she made it there.

If Morgan didn't make it to the concert then her friends go from being not concerned to being involved in some type of criminal activity...at the very least lying to LE...and I dare not even think the worst. Somehow I just find it difficult to believe that the girls would be able to be with Morgan's parents, at the candlielight vigils, searching for her in Charlottesville and not having some sort of remorse, guilt...some tye of conscience...unless they were completely sociopathic - which they don't seem to be. I am just having a hard time grasping that she never made it to JPJ, I guess. Although I have obviously, had the same thoughts...

Thank you
If there are pictures of Dee, there has to be pictures of Morgan at the concert. The only reason i can think of for LE to not at least release one picture or video of Morgan, would be they are still looking for potential witnesses that night to corroborate her friends' story. Aside from that, i can't think of any other reasoning.
The "crime scene" (or lack of one, rather) has been focused around the arena, all the investigation, the searches, all this is costly and a lot of money to do.
If LE thought the crime scene was somewhere else, in Harrisburg and not the arena, i'd think we'd have seen everything shifted to there to begin with.
They have information that indeed Morgan made it to the concert, yet the information they have they won't tell us.
They would be able to tell if she was using her cell phone in Harrisburg as opposed to Charlottesville, depending on where it pinged.

IMO, i would think they found enough data and witnesses (aside from her friends who went or videos) to prove that Morgan was actually at the concert

9 mins 30 secs into the press conference a reporter asks
"were you guys able to figure out, did she make it into the concert, was she there with friends, did the friends report her missing.."

Rader answers that
"Her father reported her missing and we won't go into how he learned that. She did make it into the concert, and she was with friends, yes, but during the concert, she became seperated and was not seen anymore."
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM1bUC35iNc"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

IMO, i would think LE has solid evidence that she indeed was inside the concert that night.

This is sad and pathetic that we are still discussing whether Morgan's car was at JPJ. According to the police statement it was her car at JPJ... but who knows.

The lack of pertinent information being released in a timely manner, by the police is disturbing. Now before anyone jumps me on the fact that they hold back information... I am well aware of that fact however, the description of the necklace and a photo would have made identification of Morgan being seen at the concert a lot easier. It's unusual (and rather large)and people (especially women) would remember that. I think it took too long to release it and h*** it could have been pawned or sold 2 or 3 weeks ago in Kentucky or NC for instance. Telling the public what she was wearing is not releasing too much info.

Every statement from the police regarding security cameras, that I have read, say that there is not one image of Morgan on them.

There are only three people that no beyond a shadow of doubt whether Morgan made it to the arena and what happened inside the arena (meaning if she had been drinking or taken anything or if she was going outside to meet anyone). There is only one person that knows for sure what Morgan said on the phone (when she was outside of the arena). Eyewitnesses are nice (not reliable) but the "friends" that she went to the concert with are priceless and their silence is deafening.

Thank you
If there are pictures of Dee, there has to be pictures of Morgan at the concert. The only reason i can think of for LE to not at least release one picture or video of Morgan, would be they are still looking for potential witnesses that night to corroborate her friends' story. Aside from that, i can't think of any other reasoning.
The "crime scene" (or lack of one, rather) has been focused around the arena, all the investigation, the searches, all this is costly and a lot of money to do.
If LE thought the crime scene was somewhere else, in Harrisburg and not the arena, i'd think we'd have seen everything shifted to there to begin with.
They have information that indeed Morgan made it to the concert, yet the information they have they won't tell us.
They would be able to tell if she was using her cell phone in Harrisburg as opposed to Charlottesville, depending on where it pinged.

IMO, i would think they found enough data and witnesses (aside from her friends who went or videos) to prove that Morgan was actually at the concert

9 mins 30 secs into the press conference a reporter asks
"were you guys able to figure out, did she make it into the concert, was she there with friends, did the friends report her missing.."

Rader answers that
"Her father reported her missing and we won't go into how he learned that. She did make it into the concert, and she was with friends, yes, but during the concert, she became seperated and was not seen anymore."
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

IMO, i would think LE has solid evidence that she indeed was inside the concert that night.

I have thought about the investigation too and have come to this conclusion. We have no idea where they are searching. They are Virginia State Police they can go anywhere. I don't believe they have organized any search parties only the one that the family requested. We have no idea what the friends have told LE. Perhaps in the beginning, to cover for Morgan, they said "yes she was with us". A lawyer and a day later they might have told them something different.

With absolutely no information coming from anybody..it remains a mystery to this day over a month since Morgan vanished into thin air.

Girls do go in groups esp. close friends, maybe they weren't close friends at all.
People are self-centered in their 20's and probably couldn't imagine anything bad happening but were too self-absorbed no one thought to call her and check on her via text or walk to the doors.
Alcohol must have played a part causes cloudy thinking and bad judgment.
I still am curious why public plea from her friends? or a blog post? nothing? really? no twitter?
I find it rather cold and uncaring.

Thank you. People keep asking "How could a "friend" act that way?" But true friendship is a rare and beautiful thing. Some of her companions were just companions at most.

Walker started a good thread that has made us all think regarding Morgan's car and who rode with whom etc. Here is a quote from the Roanoke Times right after this all started by Amy Melvin stating her car was still in the lot after the concert. Along with the link;

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/223121

Amanda Melvin said Harrington's purse and cell phone were found outside the stadium and her car was still in the parking lot. She said Harrington wouldn't abandon her friends there.

And here is the VSP stating that her car was never at the concert.

Her car was still in the lot but there was no trace of Morgan. (UPDATE: Previous news reports of her car being in the parking lot are false. Police corrected the record stating that she road with friends)

Here’s the link;

http://crimesearchersonline.com/ind...w=Morgan-Harrington-is-Missing.html&Itemid=60

If I’m reading your posts correctly Walker, you are going on the assumption that Morgan’s car was in C’ville. But VSP issued a correction pretty early on that it was not. Am I wrong about your thinking her car was driven to JPJ? Also, you mentioned her giving the keys to her 2005 Volvo, but Morgan’s car was Honda.

Link here;

http://crimesearchersonline.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=31&func=view&catid=52&id=36192

Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

[Date October 30, 2009]
Quote from the above link:
"Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke."

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/
[Dated November 15, 2009]
Quote from the above link:
Those friends, her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead, have declined comment to media including the Hook; however Snead spoke with a Roanoke television station during a massive November 6-8 search. She offered no details of the night Morgan disappeared, but defended her and another friend’s decision to leave Charlottesville in Morgan’s car— but without Morgan.

“We wouldn’t have done it if we didn’t think it was okay,” she said. “Obviously, we wish things had taken place differently.”

Who are Blink on Line and "Crime Searchers"? Are the waters being muddied by National Enquirer wanna-bes?

For right now, JMO The Hook seems reasonably reliable in its reports.

About The Hook:
http://www.readthehook.com/faq.aspx

Ms. Corinne Geller represents the Virginia State Police.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Public_Relations.shtm

The VSP most likely have better info on the car's location than Morgan's family. For example, the VSP may have access to photos, other evidence and/or eye-witness testimony which they haven't yet made public.

Hi..
reading the blog "the hook"
it says, back on Oct 30 , that she "left her friends to go to the bathroom"

finally...

why hasn't this been put out there (if indeed it is true?)

while I realize that LE may want to keep some things private, this case seems to be an excessive amount of "privacy" that I don't see how it helps..(ie, the necklace..why hold back that info so long?)

I really wonder if the "friends" have lawyered up or??
Just so much weird and conflicting stuff here

I also wonder...where are the bathrooms?? did her friends see the "chin injury"?

how does a 20 year old fall on their chin anyhow?? wouldn't they throw out their hands, and have injury to hands/arms?? how do you do a facefall like that (unless impaired??)

what...oh what..did she say on the phone?? didn't they ask why she left?

I really REALLY hope they are doing a better job "behind the scenes" than what we are seeing here...cause honestly this seems to be a real screw up IMHO

Thank you. People keep asking "How could a "friend" act that way?" But true friendship is a rare and beautiful thing. Some of her companions were just companions at most.

I respectfully disagree.

On an eposiode of Nancy Grace, Morgan's mother stated that the group of girls that Morgan went to the concert with were "all like sisters" to Morgan. She says they have known each other since high school or before, and were all girls that she was very familiar with, had in her home many times, and would do anything for.

This sounds like more than "companions" to me. To me a companion is someone you are traveling with or hanging out with for a night or an event. A friend is a person you spend time with, share secrets with, trust and care about. Clearly, based on Gil's statements on NG these girls were friends.

Hi..
reading the blog "the hook"
it says, back on Oct 30 , that she "left her friends to go to the bathroom"

finally...

why hasn't this been put out there (if indeed it is true?)

while I realize that LE may want to keep some things private, this case seems to be an excessive amount of "privacy" that I don't see how it helps..(ie, the necklace..why hold back that info so long?)

I really wonder if the "friends" have lawyered up or??
Just so much weird and conflicting stuff here

I also wonder...where are the bathrooms?? did her friends see the "chin injury"?

how does a 20 year old fall on their chin anyhow?? wouldn't they throw out their hands, and have injury to hands/arms?? how do you do a facefall like that (unless impaired??)

what...oh what..did she say on the phone?? didn't they ask why she left?

I really REALLY hope they are doing a better job "behind the scenes" than what we are seeing here...cause honestly this seems to be a real screw up IMHO

To my knowledge - one of the reports has always been that she left her friends to go to the bathroom. Other suggestions have crept in, but this is the report that her parents continue to make when interviewed.

The bathrooms are located throughout the arena and are well identified with signs, arrows, etc.

I don't think we know at this point if the friends saw the injury or not.

As a clumsy person I can easily understand how someone could trip and fall without being intoxicated or otherwise impaired. It was reported that she stumbled either up or down a stair. She may have not fallen straight down and could not keep her chin from hitting the step/floor. There has also been a speculation that the necklace she was wearing cut her chin in the fall since it was made of crystals.

I do agree that we can all only hope and pray that behind the scenes there is a more defined plan with far more information than has been shared with the public.

Why is it that Morgan’s friend drove Morgan’s car back to the Harrington’s home? I understand it was because Morgan’s parents were understandably distraught. However, had LE been notified that Morgan was missing then? It would have been a good idea for LE to check over the vehicle first. Why wasn’t the vehicle ever impounded?

It is sad to think we're at the point were interest wains and the case drops out of the public eye. I find it surprising that the relatively high reward has not resulted in Morgan being located by now. I might not turn a buddy in for a few bucks but $150k is a game changer for most folks. I'll be thinking of Morgan when I'm at JPJ in a week or so for Phish, I'll be sure to keep a tight grip on my wife.

I need some help from the female members that post here please. Maybe you can help me with this line of thinking. I have seen many posts by females here and elsewhere about Morgan always looking great when it comes to her hair, makeup and clothing. Even in a casual situation when others are dressed down, she’s dressed up. We all know what Morgan was wearing that night, but does anyone know what the other girls were wearing the night of the concert? Was Morgan “dressed to kill” compared to them? If so, it might mean she had plans to be elsewhere that night. Also in the same line of thinking, several women have commented on how important it was to her to always look great in any situation, hence the makeup, cloths, etc. Could a 20 year old girl be so worried or so vain about a cut on her face as to leave the JPJ arena and not want to return because she didn’t want to be seen? There is no reason for my asking other than curiosity, especially when it comes to how the others were dressed that night. It may be I’m just thinking like a guy here and way off base that those things might be important.

I agree that in the pictures I've seen of her Morgan always looks great. But then again, she is clearly a natural beauty. I don't view her as wearing excessive makeup, nor do I see her as being a slave to fashion. Also, granted I don't know Morgan, but from what I've read of her and what I've seen in the pictures she doesn't seem vain at all - and she certainly wouldn't leave the arena because she didn't want to be seen with a cut on her face! In regards to what she was wearing that night, I don't think she was "dressed to kill". The outfit she wore sounds like something I'd wear to a heavy metal concert (if I were a heavy metal fan). It sounds cute, fun and comfortable. I'm sure she had fun picking the outfit out, but it doesn't sound to me like she was "dressed to impress", more like a young woman having fun experimenting with different looks/identities.

I don't remember hearing anything about what Morgan's friends were wearing that night. However the thing that sticks out to me in pictures of "the 9" is that Morgan is way more attractive than the other "9"; the others look like plain janes to me, while Morgan is quite the knockout. I don't really think this is related to her disappearance in any way, but I know how young girls can be, and I'd be surprised to find out there wasn't some jealousy/resentment among the group toward Morgan for that reason.

It is sad to think we're at the point were interest wains and the case drops out of the public eye. I find it surprising that the relatively high reward has not resulted in Morgan being located by now. I might not turn a buddy in for a few bucks but $150k is a game changer for most folks. I'll be thinking of Morgan when I'm at JPJ in a week or so for Phish, I'll be sure to keep a tight grip on my wife.

Don't let her go to the bathroom alone. Apparently, it's a dangerous trip. :angel:

I was wondering how to keep Morgan in the public eye just the other day. It seems with each passing day there are fewer and fewer posts on here and FB...and even on findmorgan.com. It's so sad...and frustrating. My thoughts and prayers are with Gil and Dan tonight and always. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling.

I respectfully disagree.

On an eposiode of Nancy Grace, Morgan's mother stated that the group of girls that Morgan went to the concert with were "all like sisters" to Morgan. She says they have known each other since high school or before, and were all girls that she was very familiar with, had in her home many times, and would do anything for.

This sounds like more than "companions" to me. To me a companion is someone you are traveling with or hanging out with for a night or an event. A friend is a person you spend time with, share secrets with, trust and care about. Clearly, based on Gil's statements on NG these girls were friends.
That's why it makes no sense why Morgan ended up outside of the arena by herself. Why would "sisters"/good friends let her just hang like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc