Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any resonable chance that Morgan's leaving the stadum was planned or deliberate. She was there to see Metalica. She didn't need the concert as "cover" for any other purpose.

For anyone in in Morgan's situation, ie stuck outside a concert venue, a great distance from home while her car sits in the parking lot and her keys are with her friends in the concert, there is only one rational thing to do: hunker down and wait it out. (if you know someone local, you might call them and have them come get you and hang out with them untill the concert is over, there would have been a phone record had Morgan tried to do this). It would be Madness to try to get home on your own when you can go back, in you car, in two hours or so. We know she waited one hour, why wouldn't she wait one more hour. It is reasonable that she would "chew the fat" with anyone who might be hanging around or walk to a store where she could get something to eat or a pack of smokes. These would certainly be reasonable ways to kill some time. Of course, anyone angry (and perhaps a little high) might make some rash threats on the phone to her friends who were comfortably in the concert while she was stuck outside.

I am very suspicious of any claim that she was hichhiking. It is such an inappropriate thing for her to have done. If one person made this claim, was he checked out? If more than one person saw her, it would be very bizzare behavior that probably cost her her life.

LE has certainly checked her phone record and they know when the phone went dead. They disclosed the call by her friend at 8:48 and the text to her other friend that was not in the vicinity but they have said if there were any other calls. If there were if there other calls, the nature of the would be interesting. If there weren't, that would be very consistant with her just WAITING it OUT.

The information that was given by the Basketball players would be of critical importance. I find it hard to understand why this has been held back. You've got to wonder if there isn't some kind of cover-up going on.

LE said in the 11/4 presser that there was no evidence that she had been asked to leave.

Right, as far as I know, the Arena has declined to comment on this issue.

Here is the quote from The Hook:

"'We have no information to believe,' says Geller, 'that she was forced to leave or asked to leave, or anything of that nature.'

Security at the 16,000-seat facility is outsourced to RMC Events, a Richmond-based firm with a Charlottesville office. Company President Dan Schmitt declined comment, referring questions to Arena management, who also declined comment."

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

So my question. . . why the hedge (i.e., "We have no information to believe") by LE? Don't they know? Are they trying to protect the University of Virginia? RMC?

When you read that statement in light of this one I saw quoted on another website (also from The Hook), I'm beginning to wonder what really happened here.

"Albemarle County Police Lt. Todd Hopwood says that police were summoned by RMC Security, the Richmond-based firm that provides security at large UVA events, after Hogberg, who was also charged with being drunk in public, was ejected from the Stadium.

'If someone voluntarily leaves,' says Hopwood, 'they don’t call the police, so evidently they were having a problem with Mr. Hogberg.'"

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...r-stops-man-and-bottle-from-entering-stadium/

I could see RMC and the University simply telling LE that she "voluntarily left," and LE, aware of the policy, not asking any further questions.

Hmmmm.

I hope LE can provide a more definitive statement: YES, she was asked to leave; or NO, she was not asked to leave.

This isn't that hard.

It is interesting that the BBall players leave of absence doesn't appear to be just a coincidence. He may in fact be clear but the absence does seem to be related to this.

I can't see any resonable chance that Morgan's leaving the stadum was planned or deliberate. She was there to see Metalica. She didn't need the concert as "cover" for any other purpose.

For anyone in in Morgan's situation, ie stuck outside a concert venue, a great distance from home while her car sits in the parking lot and her keys are with her friends in the concert, there is only one rational thing to do: hunker down and wait it out. (if you know someone local, you might call them and have them come get you and hang out with them untill the concert is over, there would have been a phone record had Morgan tried to do this). It would be Madness to try to get home on your own when you can go back, in you car, in two hours or so. We know she waited one hour, why wouldn't she wait one more hour. It is reasonable that she would "chew the fat" with anyone who might be hanging around or walk to a store where she could get something to eat or a pack of smokes. These would certainly be reasonable ways to kill some time. Of course, anyone angry (and perhaps a little high) might make some rash threats on the phone to her friends who were comfortably in the concert while she was stuck outside.

I am very suspicious of any claim that she was hichhiking. It is such an inappropriate thing for her to have done. If one person made this claim, was he checked out? If more than one person saw her, it would be very bizzare behavior that probably cost her her life.

LE has certainly checked her phone record and they know when the phone went dead. They disclosed the call by her friend at 8:48 and the text to her other friend that was not in the vicinity but they have said if there were any other calls. If there were if there other calls, the nature of the would be interesting. If there weren't, that would be very consistant with her just WAITING it OUT.

The information that was given by the Basketball players would be of critical importance. I find it hard to understand why this has been held back. You've got to wonder if there isn't some kind of cover-up going on.

On Dr Phil,her parents said the last text messages were at 9:20 and there was a credible sighting of her being on the bridge at 9:30.She could have been walking to use a phone or something,but since parents said credible,makes me wonder if it wasn't more than one person who saw her.

On Dr Phil,her parents said the last text messages were at 9:20 and there was a credible sighting of her being on the bridge at 9:30.She could have been walking to use a phone or something,but since parents said credible,makes me wonder if it wasn't more than one person who saw her.

My question is...what does CREDIBLE sighting mean?
Was it from someone who they knew had spoken to her in the parking lot? Lots of blonde girls were wearing black, with black boots...and it's a college campus, there's lots of foot traffic.

What is CREDIBLE?

IMO, someone who was questioned as a witness talking to Morgan earlier is the one who gave that statement.

LE said in the 11/4 presser that there was no evidence that she had been asked to leave.

How do we know that this is true? The arena might be saying this to protect themselves from a possible lawsuit or having their insurance revoked.
Unfortunately, companies do lie to cover their ***.

What if...just a scenario...

What is Morgan went outside to either smoke or meet up with another friend, you'd think that the friend she was meeting up with would still go into the concert...I mean that person paid money and wasn't going to miss out because she "broke the rules" and was stuck outside. So now she's alone....and perhaps on the drive down she casually mentions someone she knows who lives in or near Charlottesville, or who is maybe going to the concert. So when the friends come out after the concert and she isn't around, they think "oh she probably met up with John Doe and turned her phone off. Or maybe she met up with Jane Doe since they were at the concert too. Well, let's just head home."

Instead what happened was she walked through the lot looking for a ride or for a cel to borrow, walked across the bridge, got something at 7 Eleven, walked back over the bridge and once back in the lot, met up with someone she knew, or felt really comfortable with. From there, there's a struggle, she leaves her purse (which leads me to believe there may be more than 1 perp) with the battery out, and they take off. What if there is more than 1 perp to constrain her. There are a ton of stoplights and stop signs..she could have easily jumped out of the car if she knew she was in trouble. OR she thought she was safe because it was someone she knew, like someone she called for a ride using someone else's phone.

The cops are asking if she borrowed someone's cel phone...so who did she call? Someone else at the concert, or someone in the somewhat vicinity?

No matter how much I hated my ex boyfriend, I always ended up calling him and going to his place when it was convenient...I ended up using him, if not for a place to stay, just for the ego boost (terrible of me I know!)...maybe she called an old fling to seek shelter and maybe lift her spirits since she had to leave the concert she was so excited for.

Have they looked into a person like that? What was she talking about on the drive down? Even if it is just girl talk time..I do it with friends, "OMG, so and so keeps texting me." or "Ugh..I am so mad at so and so for ..." Anything that was CURRENTLY happening in her life LE needs to know about as an avenue to investigate.

Just some ideas.
This is breaking my heart. :(

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mosh

Knocking into each other, slam-dancing; but also for a while it seemed they were pushing someone up over the heads of the crowd, flat on his back and the crowd would keep pushing his body along so that he would seem to float back & forth over the crowd. The person being moshed this way is totally trusting that the crowd will not let him fall; but they can suffer broken ribs & serious bruises.

It's called crowd surfing. I did it in my younger days. I also never got groped or had my clothes ripped off.
Granted this is a well over a decade and then some ago. Nowadays i have no idea who people do.

It does makes sense if they left and took her car. S. says in her statement that " they wouldn't have done it if they didn't think it was ok." My guess is that they left her by the stage and she thought they left her.

It's baffling, i always thought SS meant leaving Morgan outside the arena, however it really could refer to anything almost that happened that night.

If Morgan's friends left her at the side of the stage (as in they didn't bother to stay where the best "seats" were in the house, which would be considered the standing room right below the stage, it shows that Morgan's friends weren't into this concert as much as Morgan was. Most people who go to see a band they like will try very hard to get a good spot in front of the stage and they will stay there, otherwise they'll loose their spot. If Morgan's friends accompanied her to that spot in front (if they even accompanied her at all) that they didn't stay there shows that they weren't as interested in the concert as Morgan was, imo..

What gets me is this:

I've been to a concert at JPJ Arena. If memory serves me, the Copely Bridge area gave me the creeps even in the daytime. It seemed isolated and like a perp could hide there pretty easily. Can anyone confirm that?

If so, what in the world would make her want to head in that direction even if there is "life" beyond it (stores, etc.) If I were stranded, I would stay away from isolated and pitch dark areas all-together.

So yes, I could see that being the area of abduction. Although the rv lot sounds isolated to an extent. What I remember is that the UHall area seemed to be the lot closest the the arena/civilization.

I'm thinking that she was acosted by a friendly stranger. The cold weather played into it, I strongly suspect.

My hubby thinks there's a decent possibility that somebody associated with one of the bands could be the perp. His thinks LE should generate a list of all towns and dates on the tours from the last few years. Then somehow note if any other abductions/disappearances occured when the bands were around. I said, "The LE probably already did that." But one never knows.

New idea...

MH is lured outside with a text message...to meet the band or get some kind of drug (somethng that would entice an impressionalble, innocent girl) once outside, the person who texts her isn't around. They sent the text on purpose to make sure she came out alone. Once outside she is stranded and can't get back in. She is angry, she is about to miss her concert! She texts the person again looking for where to meet up, or to yell at the person and next thing you know her phone dies. She borrows someone's phone to call the orig. texter. Get's in touch with the "texter". That person (the texter) comes to pick her up, or meets her. She gets into a fight in the parking lot when she realizes that the orig. text was a scam, Grandmother in her car sees/hears the argument. As MH walks off, the texter says you can't get back in, you might as well come with me. They walk off toward the road as Granny says. (Granny reference is the old woman from Richmond who called LE afterhearing about the story, heard a slap etc.)

Maybe she knew this person. Maybe it has to do with the young gentleman that Gil confirms she texted with.

Hi Kemo, i agree with most all your post. It would make the most sense for Morgan to wait it out until the concert ended and she could reunite with her friends for a ride home.
Maybe go to a 7 eleven, grab a cup of coffee to keep warm and head back towards the arena. It does appear at some point her phone wasn't working for whatever reason (LE asking for potential witnesses who may have let Morgan borrow their phone).

However if she was high on pot, most likely it would make her mellow as opposed to angry, if she was even high at all.

Also she had to be very cold outside that night, and standing still may have made her colder than if she was walking around using energy, imo.

As for the hitchhiking claim, i agree that it is certainly suspicous. Not sure what to make of it, imo i think it's bogus..

It is interesting that the BBall players leave of absence doesn't appear to be just a coincidence. He may in fact be clear but the absence does seem to be related to this.

If it is indeed true that one of the bb players were suspect in this, why would he take a leave of absence? That part i don't understand, why not just continue to go to classes at school? Instead of distancing himself from the whole thing, which looks suspicious.
The rumor did say he was cleared right?

Maybe we read too much into all of this

someone puts out an idea that the friends were "being mean" and we run with it

I tend to go back to the simplest idea : they went to a concert....they were drinking, and probably doing some drugs

Respectfully snipped for space

We don't have reasons to believe that her friends weren't being mean, imo.
If they truly were such good friends as is described to us, they'd have made pleas for the safe return of Morgan. If she was "like a sister" to them, they would be holding vigils for her, like Morgan's brother Alex has done.
SS in that video "interview" of her; she shows no emotion whatsoever, it's very chilling. Her "friend" Morgan is missing and presumed dead and she chats nonchalantly in a regular tone of voice like it's some everyday conversation just making civilities, IMO.

True friends wouldn't have left a female friend alone in the cold without access to her car (at the least) outside a cold arena.
True friends would have helped her get back inside, or left so that she didn't suffer.

It seems like Morgan's "friends" who accompanied her that night aren't really the friends they were described to be by Morgan's parents.

LE made a pleas to Morgan's "friends" in the first and only press conference to help them and not let Morgan out of their perspective, as LE won't.
Her friends seem to have continued on with their lives just as soon as this whole case started and Morgan went missing, and they still continue on, as if nothing was ever wrong to begin with.
Her friends come from money, have no made any public statements to my knowledge aside from SS in that video saying "obviously if we knew.." or whatever it was she said.
That lack of anything vocal or actions wise from her friends sounds like they have been following advice of family lawyers, imo.
If you look at Morgan and then at SS, maybe SS was jealous of Morgan; Morgan was beautiful, attractive. SS isn't. This may be a matter of opinion, however i could see that the possibility exists that maybe one or more of her so called "friends" may have been jealous of Morgan's beauty, and possibly jealous of Morgan's self assurance (i mean this is only a positive light, in that Morgan didn't seem to be afraid to be her own person, hence the prom picture where Morgan is lined up with her friends and she's the only one wearing a red dress; the rest wore white).

Something is amiss with this whole picture.

New idea...

MH is lured outside with a text message...to meet the band or get some kind of drug (somethng that would entice an impressionalble, innocent girl) once outside, the person who texts her isn't around. They sent the text on purpose to make sure she came out alone. Once outside she is stranded and can't get back in. She is angry, she is about to miss her concert! She texts the person again looking for where to meet up, or to yell at the person and next thing you know her phone dies. She borrows someone's phone to call the orig. texter. Get's in touch with the "texter". That person (the texter) comes to pick her up, or meets her. She gets into a fight in the parking lot when she realizes that the orig. text was a scam, Grandmother in her car sees/hears the argument. As MH walks off, the texter says you can't get back in, you might as well come with me. They walk off toward the road as Granny says. (Granny reference is the old woman from Richmond who called LE afterhearing about the story, heard a slap etc.)

Maybe she knew this person. Maybe it has to do with the young gentleman that Gil confirms she texted with.

VD, if she was lured outside by a text, LE would have gotten the info of the person who texted her i would think. They got the phone records very quickly in this case..

Totally just my own opinion, but I wouldn't rule out the basketball player/players. They're apparently the last ones Morgan is known to have interacted with before her disappearance, and particularly if they are the ones who said she was hitchhiking, which I do not believe.

Even if she made it to 7-11 and back, there is no saying at least one of them weren't watching her. And her purse/phone being found where they were is too weird to me unless she was abducted at that spot.

She'd been waiting outside for an hour - with another two till the concert was over. Looong time to wait in that weather. I was out the other evening, with a fleece jacket on, in 45 degrees with a light wind and I was freezing! I can't see her just standing around for another couple of hours.

Could also have been someone she'd been talking with offered to take her to where ever just till the concert was over, then he'd drive her back to meet her friends. But keep coming back to why she left behind her purse and phone. Unless she was just so impaired she forgot them? Not something women tend to do.

I keep going around and around... UGH. I wish they'd find her. I see her parents sad, painful faces in my head and I just want to cry!

Someone asked about the BBall players...YES, The RUMOR was that they were investigated and CLEARED.

What do you all think about more than 1 perp? JPJ isn't that close to some major highway with no stop signs/lights. She would have had multiple chances to jump out of the car in a hurry, unless someone or something was restraining her. OR She felt safe because she knew the person, or the person was putting on an act.

BUT WHY DID SHE GO OUTSIDE???

IMO, she was lured by whomever was texting her inside the concert, or someone who had texted her and made plans to meet up on the way down to the concert. Regardless...she went outside alone. That place gets crowded...I am telling you, I think she went outside with a purpose.

all JMO.

BUT WHY DID SHE GO OUTSIDE???

IMO, she was lured by whomever was texting her inside the concert, or someone who had texted her and made plans to meet up on the way down to the concert. Regardless...she went outside alone. That place gets crowded...I am telling you, I think she went outside with a purpose.

all JMO.

After re-reading the timeline and synopsis posted earlier this is what I come to as well. This wasn't an oopsy I'm a little f'd up and ended up outside, she wanted to go outside for whatever reason. That text to the out of town guy is suspicious in my mind, if he's been cleared I wonder what sort of alibi was offered. There's only two things that would pull me out of a concert, girls or um **goodies**. I'd be interested to hear some more rumors from locals, it seems like in alot of these cases folks close to the case know what happened they just have no proof.

New idea...

LE seems pretty sure that the young gentleman was not in the vicinity at the time and is beyond suspicion, though it has not been revealed how they know that. Not to say grandmother's sighting is not right, but when is it supposed to have occurred?

MH gets locked out, and after being barred re-entry, she engages in behavior that may or may not include cursing, dropping purse, sitting and sulking, approaching strangers, being belligerent, arguing with and separating from a possibly known person in the JPJ lot (or is grandma's sighting later?), walking through UHall parking lot, interacting and walking with four young men, then three basketball players as she walks with them to Lannigan Field parking lot. Spotted on bridge, spotted hitchhiking, reportedly seen at 7-11, with her purse reportedly found back toward the arena from the bridge sometime later.

I recall that grandma's sighting was about half an hour before the end of the show, so that would be later than the Copeley Bridge hitchhiking time line. Did she make it all the way back to the arena parking lot before disappearing?

I kept hoping she had run away with the band, but I don't think that's too likely the longer this goes on, unless it's really elaborately staged.

Totally just my own opinion, but I wouldn't rule out the basketball player/players. They're apparently the last ones Morgan is known to have interacted with before her disappearance, and particularly if they are the ones who said she was hitchhiking, which I do not believe.

Even if she made it to 7-11 and back, there is no saying at least one of them weren't watching her. And her purse/phone being found where they were is too weird to me unless she was abducted at that spot.
(Cut short for space)

Whoa...So are you saying that Morgans purse was found and the conversation with the basketball players took place in the same spot. I did not realize that. And then one left for nine days. My meter is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme