GUILTY VA - NFL QB Michael Vick, 3 others indicted for dog fighting, Surry County, 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dead on.

Lol hate to admit it but Philly pfans are just nuts and if anyone can accept him on to their teams its philly. Though the city is pretty divided at the moment.

Andy Reids personal experiences are coming in to play here.. its his own kids repeated trips to jail that is part of the decison making for him

However Not sure what the Heck is going on in the front office - seriously wonder about the decision making. They let some great players/guys go over money and short tenure but they take Vick for a short time, but he was cheaper then others though he is also the 4th quarterback and they will not get rid of McKabb...

McNabb is still a great QB. He's had some injuries but he played all 16 games last year and he was just 84 yards short of passing for 4,000, and he threw 23 TD's. IMO, his injuries are behind him he's and still in the top 10 of QB's, close to top 5.

They aren't interested in Vick as a QB, IMO. Look for them to use him in wildcat formations.

Where the Eagles front office screwed up was in giving Jason Peters that huge contract. As a Buffalo Bills fan I'm 80% sure the Eagles got hosed. Peters didn't even know he led the league in sacks last year with 11.5. He also said he thought about his contract after making mistakes. He may be on board this year and do fairly well but in a couple of years he's gonna be demanding a new contract and holding out.

:loser: JMO

P.S. The Eagles did the Bills a HUGE favor because they used the pick they got from them to draft Eric Wood and that kid looks special already! :blowkiss:

Well, I woke up this a.m. to the news and I am just stunned.....absolutely stunned........

I live about an hour from Philadelphia. We have a friend who has season tickets to the Eagles and we have gone to many many games.......I actually don't think I can sit in those seats now knowing that piece of garbage is on the field......

I'm an animal lover and his actions are inexcusable.....He's paid his dues? How? He served 18 months out of a 23 month sentence and boom, 2 weeks later, he's back in the NFL? What restitution has he made or will he make. Will he donate 1/2 his salary to animal shelters? Will he lecture people on how he learned from his mistakes?

Truly disappointed in the Eagles today. We all know everyone wants to win that trophy and wear that ring but at what price? Bringing this guy to Philly? And paying him millions to do it?

Do I believe everyone deserves a second chance? I believe in second chanches, but definitely not for this guy. He tortured, electocuted, and drowned poor defenseless animals. He's a piece of garbage.....:furious:

I've heard he's going to work for the ASPCA to talk to kids about his mistakes. He's apologized for his actions but they are insincere IMO. If he hadn't gotten caught he'd still be doing it today.

Peta withdrew it's offer to have him do some ads for them;

Now that he's about to get out of jail, it looks like Michael Vick is trying to revamp his image, according to Advertising Age. But it won't be with any help from us.

PETA withdrew our offer to do a TV spot with Michael Vick last December when a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) report on Vick's dogfighting activities revealed that he enjoyed placing “family pets” in the ring with fighting pit bulls and that he laughed as dogs ripped each other apart. PETA believes that this revelation, along with other factors in the report, fit the established profile for anti-social personality disorder (APD), so in January we called on NFL Commissioner Goodell to require that Vick undergo a brain scan and a full psychological evaluation before any decisions are made about the future of his football career.

Also, don't forget they went to the pound and adopted non-aggressive dogs, like Golden Retrievers, for the pit bulls to destroy so they were kept in fighting condition. The dude is beyond sick.

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

That's what concerns me the most about MV. Obviously there is something mentally/psychologically wrong with him. Who in their right mind gets enjoyment from something like this? Some here have compared what he did with the player that drove drunk and killed someone. What that player did was horrible and I in no way place an animal's life over a human's. The difference to me is the player who drove drunk made a stupid, stupid choice. He drove drunk. He didn't go out that night thinking, hey, I'll go get drunk, drive my car and run over and kill someone. He made bad choices. MV did say hey, I'll get my buddies and finance a dog fighting operation. I'll watch animals kill each other, and if I feel like it I'll participate in the killing of those that aren't making any money for me (God knows he needed the money, yeah right).

I think I mentioned this before that my dog is the product of a stray. There were about six puppies. Two had found homes when I went to look at them. Before I got there someone broke into the business and stole all but one of the pups (he was seen going in the building and coming out with puppies). The business was in a bad neighborhood and I'm sure no one thought to call the police. My little guy was the only one left. When the Vick story broke the camera panned to some of the pens that held the non-fighting dogs. There was one there that looked just like my little guy. I have no doubt those puppies were stolen and sold for dog-fighting purposes. Of course, I have to say it's just my opinion. I love all animals and I can't get that picture out of my head. Look at that little face in my avatar. I'm sorry to say even if MV did everything right for the rest of his life I would always remember him for his cruelty to defenseless animals. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That's what concerns me the most about MV. Obviously there is something mentally/psychologically wrong with him. Who in their right mind gets enjoyment from something like this? Some here have compared what he did with the player that drove drunk and killed someone. What that player did was horrible and I in no way place an animal's life over a human's. The difference to me is the player who drove drunk made a stupid, stupid choice. He drove drunk. He didn't go out that night thinking, hey, I'll go get drunk, drive my car and run over and kill someone. He made bad choices. MV did say hey, I'll get my buddies and finance a dog fighting operation. I'll watch animals kill each other, and if I feel like it I'll participate in the killing of those that aren't making any money for me (God knows he needed the money, yeah right).

I think I mentioned this before that my dog is the product of a stray. There were about six puppies. Two had found homes when I went to look at them. Before I got there someone broke into the business and stole all but one of the pups (he was seen going in the building and coming out with puppies). The business was in a bad neighborhood and I'm sure no one thought to call the police. My little guy was the only one left. When the Vick story broke the camera panned to some of the pens that held the non-fighting dogs. There was one there that looked just like my little guy. I have no doubt those puppies were stolen and sold for dog-fighting purposes. Of course, I have to say it's just my opinion. I love all animals and I can't get that picture out of my head. Look at that little face in my avatar. I'm sorry to say even if MV did everything right for the rest of his life I would always remember him for his cruelty to defenseless animals. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That's the best explanation I've heard. :clap:

Your doggy was lucky! :blowkiss:

I think he should spend the rest of his life advocating for PETA or Humane Society.
Give up 1/2 salary of so to PETA of Humane Society.

I have a dog that was used in dogfighting, her name is Honey.
6 years later she still will only come to me and spends her days shivering or pacing under my deck (unless there is a storm, I can get her in and she runs to a closet til it is over).
Honey also digs holes under the deck and trys to bury her head.

I managed to get her to a vet once (medicated beforehand) and he had never seen a dog like her, she plays dead when others are around, goes limp and tongue hangs out.
I decided that day that anyplace other than home was too much for her (weeks to get her to come out from under deck to me.) and promised her I would never do it again.

Shame on MV and ANYONE who preys on the defenseless.
Sorry for rambling, this stuff makes me ill.

You're not rambling. I think our stories help others that can't understand why we have the feelings we do about MV. I'm normally a very forgiving person. I just really wish I could see some remorse from MV. I think the only thing he's sorry about is that he had to do time and he lost his place with the Falcons (and all the $$$$ that came with it). JMO

BTW, as someone posted above PETA doesn't want anything to do with him (for the same reasons I gave. There's got to be something mentally wrong with him.) The Humane Society certainly could use some financial help. I think I read where the Virginia Beach shelter is 30 years old. I know our shelter (Portsmouth) was almost shut down.

God bless you for taking in Honey. So many would have given up on her.

You're not rambling. I think our stories help others that can't understand why we have the feelings we do about MV. I'm normally a very forgiving person. I just really wish I could see some remorse from MV. I think the only thing he's sorry about is that he had to do time and he lost his place with the Falcons (and all the $$$$ that came with it). JMO

BTW, as someone posted above PETA doesn't want anything to do with him (for the same reasons I gave. There's got to be something mentally wrong with him.) The Humane Society certainly could use some financial help. I think I read where the Virginia Beach shelter is 30 years old. I know our shelter (Portsmouth) was almost shut down.

God bless you for taking in Honey. So many would have given up on her.

I did not take in Honey, found her in my fenced backyard one day and realized she was one of the dogs they used to throw in the pen for dogfighting. (Just wanted to clarify, I did not go looking but I am sure glad she is here!).

I left food/water under deck and would sit on the ground with "treats" for about 6 months calling Honey very softly and one day she came to me and now is my baby.

I understand PETA not wanting him but I am sure he could donate anyways.
The Humane Society is also always in need.
I would not actually forget what he has done but the wound would have some salve.

I am truly upset that Michael Vick used his money to finance dog fighting. I don't think he should ever be allowed to own an animal of any sort again.

I don't know if his apology was sincere or not. With that said, I think he should be allowed to continue his career. The fans can decide whether or not to attend the games. That's not up to me either. It's not a question of whether I agree with the decision or not. He has served 3/4 of his sentence in a Federal Prison, which is more than most people serve. Yes, I know he was busted with pot in his system before he went in. I wonder how much time his co-defendants served? You know, the ones who probably got lesser sentences. Those are the ones I'd be more concerned about starting another dog fighting ring. Vick is in the public eye, even more now, so I don't think he will even breathe wrong at this poing.

With the above said, I will say I have NEVER been a Michael Vick fan, I thought he was overpaid punk. His actions of being involved with dog fighting just proved to me what a punk he was/is. I'm not sure if he's changed, that is not up to me to decided. I think the Eagles are probably paying him more than he's worth to play for a year. I really don't look for Vick to stay with the Eagles, if he makes it through this year. If he plays well, some other team will want to pick him up, if not, it's up to the Eagles to decided whether or not to keep him.

You all watch, Stallworth will be back after his one year suspension. If Stallworth didn't have money, his sorry butt would be sitting in prison, but he was able to get to the family and pay them off before his sentencing, JMO.

I abhor dog fighting. I think that people who fight dogs should be put in a ring with a rabid pit bull, and let the pit bull go after them, and see just how it feels.

There is a guy that lives the next road over from me that raises pits for fighting. Yes, I've called the sheriff many times, but nothing ever gets done. Their excuse is that they don't have animal control in the county that I live in. IOW, deal with it....And that pizzes me off. I can't even let my granddaughter out in the front yard to play for fear one of these dogs will get lose and attack her. The guy had 10 pits at last count, and one is pregnant. Then, there is a guy directly behind me who has two pits in a pen, right by my bedroom window, but they are in pens and well taken care of. He just wants them for pets. But, I still don't trust them. Can y'all tell I live in a good neighborhood?

Sorry for going off topic...

I think he should spend the rest of his life advocating for PETA or Humane Society.

6 years later she still will only come to me and spends her days shivering or pacing under my deck (unless there is a storm, I can get her in and she runs to a closet til it is over).

I managed to get her to a vet once (medicated beforehand) and he had never seen a dog like her, she plays dead when others are around, goes limp and tongue hangs out.
I decided that day that anyplace other than home was too much for her (weeks to get her to come out from under deck to me.) and promised her I would never do it again.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Bless you for saving Honey. People like you deserve a medal :clap:

I'm sitting here watching Michael Vick on Sports Center talk about how be wants to be part of the solution & not the problem. I am now reminded AGAIN - by my flipping hubby - that dog fighting is actually much more common than we think...especially prevalent in large cities. The thing that's bothering me is that while I do believe people should be given a 2nd chance, especially when remorseful, shouldn't the level of forgiveness come in increments as it's earned? I wonder if Goodell would be so quickly forgiving if one of his children were molested by a first time sex offender - would that sex offender be forgiven so quickly? Sorry for the comparison but think about it. Alot of innocent animals were tortured & killed in such a violent way that is out of their normal "food chain" demise. Jeez. I sure hope Vick is sincere but I really do think it's all about the money & the wins for crying out loud!

I am a big believer in second chances and making fresh choices, so I'm 100% in Vick's corner on this one and wish him the best as he moves forward.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what MV does with this "second" chance.

Or maybe it's his third or fourth (possibly more). This was taken from Wikkipedia ([ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick[/ame])

etween his selection by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL Draft and early 2007, Vick was allegedly involved in several incidents or events:
  • In 2007, conflicting statements were made by his estranged parents about possible dogfighting activities in 2001. Michael Boddie, his father, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that around 2001, Michael Vick was staging dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News and kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones which the father nursed back to health. Boddie said his son had been urged to not engage in the activity, but continued. He stated: "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it."[31] Within days, Michael Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, told the Newport News Daily Press "There was no dogfighting [at our home]. There were no cages."[32]
  • In early 2004, two men were arrested in Virginia for distributing [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana"]marijuana[/ame]. The truck they were driving was registered to Michael Vick. Falcons coach [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Reeves"]Dan Reeves[/ame] recalled that he lectured Vick at that time on the importance of reputation, on choosing the right friends, and on staying out of trouble for the good of his team. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution quoted Reeves as having told Vick: "You are an Atlanta Falcon...Whatever you do is going to be a reflection on all of us, not just you."[33]
  • On October 10, 2004, Vick and the other members of his party, including employee Quanis Phillips, were at Atlanta's [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartsfield_International_Airport"]Hartsfield International Airport[/ame] on their way to board an AirTran flight. While they were passing through a security checkpoint with Vick, a security camera caught Phillips and Todd Harris picking up an expensive-appearing watch (either a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex"]Rolex[/ame] or a fake) which belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener.[34] After watching the theft on a video tape, Spencer filed a police report. However, he claimed that Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, known as the Falcons' "fixer", interfered with the investigation.[33] Although Vick representatives declined to make him available for an Atlanta police inquiry, six days later Spencer did get the watch back from them, according to the Washington Post.[34]
  • In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_herpes"]genital herpes[/ame] from him in the autumn of 2002, and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[35] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006, Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms.[36] Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick's number 7 and the name "MEXICO" on the back, as a reference to his lawsuit. The NFL has since banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.[37]
  • November 26, 2006 – After a Falcons loss to the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints"]New Orleans Saints[/ame] in the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome"]Georgia Dome[/ame], in apparent reaction to fans booing, Vick made an obscene gesture at fans, holding up two middle fingers. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and agreed to donate another $10,000 to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charitable_organization"]charity[/ame].[38]
  • January 17, 2007 – Vick surrendered a water bottle which had a hidden compartment to security personnel at [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_International_Airport"]Miami International Airport[/ame]. "The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright," police said. Test results indicated there were no illegal substances in the water bottle and Vick was cleared of any wrongdoing.[39] Vick announced that the water bottle was a jewelry stash box, and that the substance in question had been [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewelry"]jewelry[/ame].[40]
  • On Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Michael Vick was scheduled to lobby on [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol"]Capitol Hill[/ame], hoping to persuade lawmakers to increase funding for after-school programs. However, Vick missed a connecting flight in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta"]Atlanta[/ame] on Monday to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_National_Airport"]Reagan National Airport[/ame] in Arlington, Virginia. He later failed to show-up for another seat booked for him later that evening. On Tuesday morning, he did not attend his scheduled appearance at the congressional breakfast where he also was to be honored for his foundation's work with after-school projects in Georgia and [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia"]Virginia[/ame].[41] Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, accepted an award from the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterschool_Alliance"]Afterschool Alliance[/ame] on her son's behalf.
Who knows? Maybe he FINALLY learned his lesson.

I am truly upset that Michael Vick used his money to finance dog fighting. I don't think he should ever be allowed to own an animal of any sort again.

I don't know if his apology was sincere or not. With that said, I think he should be allowed to continue his career. The fans can decide whether or not to attend the games. That's not up to me either. It's not a question of whether I agree with the decision or not. He has served 3/4 of his sentence in a Federal Prison, which is more than most people serve. Yes, I know he was busted with pot in his system before he went in. I wonder how much time his co-defendants served? You know, the ones who probably got lesser sentences. Those are the ones I'd be more concerned about starting another dog fighting ring. Vick is in the public eye, even more now, so I don't think he will even breathe wrong at this poing.

With the above said, I will say I have NEVER been a Michael Vick fan, I thought he was overpaid punk. His actions of being involved with dog fighting just proved to me what a punk he was/is. I'm not sure if he's changed, that is not up to me to decided. I think the Eagles are probably paying him more than he's worth to play for a year. I really don't look for Vick to stay with the Eagles, if he makes it through this year. If he plays well, some other team will want to pick him up, if not, it's up to the Eagles to decided whether or not to keep him.

You all watch, Stallworth will be back after his one year suspension. If Stallworth didn't have money, his sorry butt would be sitting in prison, but he was able to get to the family and pay them off before his sentencing, JMO.

I abhor dog fighting. I think that people who fight dogs should be put in a ring with a rabid pit bull, and let the pit bull go after them, and see just how it feels.

There is a guy that lives the next road over from me that raises pits for fighting. Yes, I've called the sheriff many times, but nothing ever gets done. Their excuse is that they don't have animal control in the county that I live in. IOW, deal with it....And that pizzes me off. I can't even let my granddaughter out in the front yard to play for fear one of these dogs will get lose and attack her. The guy had 10 pits at last count, and one is pregnant. Then, there is a guy directly behind me who has two pits in a pen, right by my bedroom window, but they are in pens and well taken care of. He just wants them for pets. But, I still don't trust them. Can y'all tell I live in a good neighborhood?

Sorry for going off topic...

Have you considered writing a letter to the Attorney General of your state?

Have you considered writing a letter to the Attorney General of your state?

Please don't make me laugh. The Attorney General can't be bothered with murder cases let alone dog fighting cases. Trust me on this. This state is so bass ackwards it isn't even funny.

Back to Vick, apparently he has a huge problem learning his lesson.

Bless you for looking out for her and trying to show her that all people aren't bad. In her own way, she knows that you love her. The best dog we ever had was a pit mix and they hold a special place in my heart. You're a very special person!

Oh Grace, your doggie's story made me tear up. I'm an animal lover too. Bless you for loving that sweet girl. :blowkiss:

Just my opinion (not that it matters), but I am infuriated that Michael Vick is going to be back in football. Creep.

IMO:

Michael Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL. In fact, felons should be banned from the NFL. Football players are not only football players, but role models. They're expected to contribute to charities and portray a positive image. When one is convicted of a felony, they should expect a loss of some rights and privileges, and I'm disappointed at the NFL for allowing ANY felons to play.

I don't watch much football (besides the Chiefs - but not by choice!). I will not support, in any way, shape, or form, anything that Michael Vick does.

IMO:

Michael Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL. In fact, felons should be banned from the NFL. Football players are not only football players, but role models. They're expected to contribute to charities and portray a positive image. When one is convicted of a felony, they should expect a loss of some rights and privileges, and I'm disappointed at the NFL for allowing ANY felons to play.

I don't watch much football (besides the Chiefs - but not by choice!). I will not support, in any way, shape, or form, anything that Michael Vick does.

I disagree. Charles Barkley said that parents need to be their kids role models and I agree. The problems with MV are a good chance for parents to teach their kids morals.

Athletes aren't responsible for raising kids, the parents are. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member