Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roommate?
Is there a link that discusses this?

No link, just one of the posts sharing the missing info on Facebook saying that Nicole is her friend's roommate. The links that were deleted from page 1 also stated there was a separation.

Nicole is from Woodbridge. One hour plus away.

Also, the lower parking lot doesn't appear to be within the park, but the trail is.

Reporting is not as precise as the hairsplitting that we do always do here. Technically, you're right, but I think the reports mean to say that the entrance to the White Oak trail off of the Cedar Run trail is where the car was found. Ophe makes the most compelling case for the lower lot theory since the trails around the upper lot were not closed immediately after the vehicle discovery. The White Oak Canyon trail was.

I would think that a lot of women would be uncomfortable on trails alone. However, being a firefighter, she is definitely not the soft woman type. I could certainly see her running alone, especially if it is during the day during the week. She may not have running friends available at that time. I have an attractive friend and she'll run trails in the dark. I HATE IT, but what can you do other than try to discourage her?

As for bears, they would be out now, but are most active in the summer months. Even a mother with cubs, although most dangerous, is still unlikely to attack, especially fatally. I couldn't find a single fatal bear attack in VA in modern times. There was one in the Smokeys not too long ago, but those are so rare.

13026 Stahley Road
Blue Ridge Summit, PA

This is where they got married It says its an Hour and a half from where they live.
Is this anywhere near where she left her car?

13026 Stahley Road
Blue Ridge Summit, PA

This is where they got married It says its an Hour and a half from where they live.

No, the car was FOUND in VA in a remote mountainous area. It is not known where she LEFT it.

13026 Stahley Road
Blue Ridge Summit, PA

In Pennsylvania...

In Pennsylvania...

Yep and on their wedding webpage they said this is only an hr and half from where they live.
It just caught my eye because the car was found n hr and half from where they live.

I found this to be very interesting from her guest book. As a runner myself and knowing lots of other runners, it can be very addictive. I can't stand missing a run or going without running for a few days..I literally go nuts and its all I can think about. I know so many runners like that..its running, running and running all of the time, talk about it, think about it, read about it, etc. I can see the draw of a beautiful day, a day off from work and the call of a trail and getting in your car and just going for it. I myself have lots of places I run by my house, but think nothing of jumping in my car and driving 45 min. in brutal traffic to get to one of my favorite running spots if the weather is right and my mood is there.

Here is the comment:

"I am so thrilled and excited to watch you on your big day Nicole. Not only as a running coach, but as a friend, I could not be happier for you! You are an amazing person with an incredibly competitive drive to become a better runner that has actually touched and inspired me as a coach to become better as well. Your success and triumphs are mine as well. Congratulations! "

http://clardyandmittendorff.ourwedding.com/view/605448687507787/25341664

Dramatic view of the @ShenandoahNPS #RockyMountainFire at dusk. @ABC7Alex @ABC7Jacqui @ABC7News @SteveRudinABC7

c3a4a66bb9ece73f68f2b4b9eae206be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following trails are closed: Limberlost Trail, Cedar Run Trail, Cedar Run Link Trail, and Crescent Rocks Trail.

A.T. hikers! A.T. closed Ivy Creek to Simmons Gap (miles 72-76). Currently you can divert to Skyline Drive. Updates: 540-999-2152.

Pinefield Hut is closed.

@ShenandoahNPS These trail closures are related to widening the search area for Nicole Mittendorf.

The Rocky Mount Trail, Gap Run Trail, and Onemile Run Trail are closed due to Rocky Mtn Fire within Shenandoah National Park.

Sorry those posts came from Twitter account:
@ShenandoahNPS

She has been using her maiden name for quite a while. Maybe for safety reasons with both of them being in the Police/Fire/Rescue professional fields. So there is no way to determine when it applied.

Also curious where you saw this? If she does, I would wonder why LE and everyone who knows her in those functions are referring to her as Mittendorff then? If she's know under her maiden name it would make more sense to use that one while alerting people to look out for her.

I don't use social media, so all the references to Facebook are completely meaningless. Yes, it has been suggested that an account is not required to see the page, but I can assure you that the comments are not visible to non-facebook users. I feel like I'm reading pages of references to Facebook rather than anything of substance.

Could someone please bring me up to speed on what information on Facebook is relevant?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member