Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't manage to find her today, I'd say there's a good chance they are either searching in the wrong area, or she isn't in the park.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where she is found a week or two down the road dead smack in the middle of the search zone, an area they claim was searched numerous times. They never bother to explain how that happens, but we all know it happens repeatedly.

Am I missing something? She was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on Friday but was last seen Thursday? Does her husband work out of town or something? Wouldn't he have noticed her missing Thursday night? There isn't much information available it seems.

You'll find the answer to your question regarding her husband on the find Nicole Page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? She was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on Friday but was last seen Thursday? Does her husband work out of town or something? Wouldn't he have noticed her missing Thursday night? There isn't much information available it seems.

He works as a state trooper or something of the sort. it is very possible that they were working opposite shifts that week one works over nights, one works days and they both are gone from the house before the other gets home etc). but as you said there isn't much information available to confirm or deny any of that.

Thank you Mountain Misst for joining in. I believe that is the parking lot where her car was found from what everyone has described. I am looking forward to any info you can provide as your insight is so spot on and has helped with 2 missing persons that I am aware of.

Mountain Misst, a forensic intuit, is amazing for those that don't know of her or witnessed her help in previous cases.

BBM
I'm very interested in MM abilities. Can you remember any of the cases where she's been able to help? I would really like to read the threads

I agree, there's lots of gaps. I'm also confused by did she tell someone she was going running, was her and husband separated, how is it she was not noticed gone until didn't show up for work ?
There are small details that could make a huge difference.
Did she have a cell phone ? If so was it in her car, is it missing.
Was it normal that her husband didn't see her nor speak to her for days. Also I believe last contact anyone had was Wednesday through text with her dad and are we sure it was her texting her dad. And since was texting then yes she has a cell phone, where is it ?

Not necessarily: If someone happened to pass her on the route to the White Oak Canyon Parking lot- if they happened to be working in the valley or area- it would be easy for them to turn around and follow her there. Her car is uncommon- and it would be very obvious to someone who frequents the area that she didn't belong. Because in that whole area (Syria, VA) if someone had that car everyone would know... I live in Northern Virginia (millions of cars) and I rarely see her type of car. It is memorable. And it would be especially memorable in an area of predominately SUV's and Trucks.

Which brings me to another point- Someone in that area has to remember something. They should interview people at the store and lodge.
I saw one exactly like it at Giant yesterday. This was the only reason I noticed. Maybe it's just me. Don't think I would have otherwise.

Update: husband is a Virginia State Police officer. It has been speculated they are on different shifts.

No, there's not a whole lot of info out there.
I'm not sure when she was last seen. If there is something about being seen on Thursday, I've somehow missed it.
As far as her husband, we can't really assume he would have noticed her missing since we really don't know their normal routines, typical communications, or even the state of their marriage. For now it's just as likely as it is not likely that he would have noticed her missing.

Just saw a bit on NBC news last night about police using Fitbit data to verify alibis and whatnot. This may have been mentioned before but I wonder if her SM pics show a Fitbit on her wrist.

The problem is that there is almost no cell reception in SNP, when I go hiking there, I turn off my cell and turn it back on when I'm on my way home to sync my fitbit. Otherwise, the battery quickly dies from searching for signal. Last time I hiked in that area (Old Rag), I couldn't get a signal/update my fitbit until I had driven quite a few miles away from the trail parking lot.

The problem is that there is almost no cell reception in SNP, when I go hiking there, I turn off my cell and turn it back on when I'm on my way home to sync my fitbit. Otherwise, the battery quickly dies from searching for signal. Last time I hiked in that area (Old Rag), I couldn't get a signal/update my fitbit until I had driven quite a few miles away from the trail parking lot.

:welcome4:

Also I believe last contact anyone had was Wednesday through text with her dad and are we sure it was her texting her dad. And since was texting then yes she has a cell phone, where is it ?
above, bbm
Yes, the bolded leads to a big unanswered question doesn't it? When was the last confirmed sighting or voice communication? Hope to hear more soon.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those situations where she is found a week or two down the road dead smack in the middle of the search zone, an area they claim was searched numerous times. They never bother to explain how that happens, but we all know it happens repeatedly.
In terrain such as this it would be difficult, if not impossible to say every square yard has been covered with certainty. There's the factor that humans, even in large groups, are fallible especially in such stressful circumstances. Assuming the worst: A small body curled up in a fetal position could look like one of a million rocks. Bears have been known to eat remains. If a body is never found it doesn't mean it's not there.

I don't recall a case like this that is so hush. Why don't we know anything about Nicole, why don't we know if it was normal for her to take off running without letting someone know where she was going. Why don't we know if her cell phone is off or on or if in her car. We don't know if her and husband together still. No one has said it's not like Nicole to just go running and not tell anyone. Or no one has said it's normal for Nicole to leave and run so far from home and not let anyone know. We have not been told that it's not unusual for Nicole to go day's without speaking to anyone. Why so hush why isn't anyone screaming this isn't normal or this is normal for Nicole and she must be lost or hurt on a trail.

The little bit I read about presser and the husband/father dynamic is giving me major Jennifer Huston flashbacks. I hope we see a better outcome for Nicole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;722399167923019776]https://twitter.com/fox5melanie/status/722399167923019776[/video]

I don't recall a case like this that is so hush. Why don't we know anything about Nicole, why don't we know if it was normal for her to take off running without letting someone know where she was going. Why don't we know if her cell phone is off or on or if in her car. We don't know if her and husband together still. No one has said it's not like Nicole to just go running and not tell anyone. Or no one has said it's normal for Nicole to leave and run so far from home and not let anyone know. We have not been told that it's not unusual for Nicole to go day's without speaking to anyone. Why so hush why isn't anyone screaming this isn't normal or this is normal for Nicole and she must be lost or hurt on a trail.
Maybe because her husband is a VSP officer. It seems to be this way whenever someone in a LEO's immediate family is missing. It doesn't necessarily mean there's a lot more to it.

The little bit I read about presser and the husband/father dynamic is giving me major Jennifer Huston flashbacks. I hope we see a better outcome for Nicole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Read where? I have seen nothing about a "husband/father dynamic"

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/125477902-story

Here's the link again for the prayer vigil and the reporter says the vehicle was parked in adjacent lot to trail of the White Oak Canyon Trail. There's some clips of the prayer vigil where she worshipped at St. Paul United Methodist Church in Woodbridge. The next video loads after this one where the reporter is talking to neighbors of Nicole and showing her neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214