Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The husband appeared pretty broken up in that pc. Hope they find her soon!

Or people could get lost in vast remote and harsh terrain.

A lot of people overestimate their hiking abilities and do not bring enough water. Being there and done that, at an "easy trail" in SNP.

Alicia Reynolds may be connected but a few crimes doesn't make SNP unsafe. Compared with the number of people who come and go, the crime rate seems pretty low.

Given that Nicole is a firefighter/paramedic and her husband is a cop, there's little to no chance she would pull over for anyone. And an even lower chance of her getting into the car with a stranger

You're making a lot of assumptions. Even military men are disappearing!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming folks. Sorry for the argument, thats doing nothing to help find this young lady.

Let's focus on Nicole. It sounds like nothing new was released in the press release but hopefully they have more info than they are letting on. Praying for her safe return but I have a bad feeling :/

Alicia Reynolds may be connected but a few crimes doesn't make SNP unsafe. Compared with the number of people who come and go, the crime rate seems pretty low.

Given that Nicole is a firefighter/paramedic and her husband is a cop, there's little to no chance she would pull over for anyone. And an even lower chance of her getting into the car with a stranger

You would think but people do pretty dumb things sometimes despite knowing better. Im still hoping that she is found safe but right now every hour that she is gone makes that likelihood even slimmer.

Is there a time line somewhere ?

Also did she tell anyone she was going there to run. Some factors such as she is female, a fire fighter and doesn't seem to be a loner surely it was her normal to let at least one person in her circle her plans.

Let's focus on Nicole. It sounds like nothing new was released in the press release but hopefully they have more info than they are letting on. Praying for her safe return but I have a bad feeling :/

Agreed :goodpost:

Many psychopaths are highly intelligent and can manipulate smart people into doing dumb stuff. Like I said even well trained military men have been abducted and killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, the press conference just says that they're getting desperate. The husband works for the police and undoubtedly didn't want to start a media firestorm and have reporters pry into their lives. But now it's been 6 days and she has possibly been in the SNP for that long without much for food and water. They're hoping to get someone who might have seen something to come and tell them, even if it's something small. The SNP is huge and has dangerous areas, they need an idea of where to search.

Foul play and suicide are both possibilities but the most likely scenario is that she was lost, injured or killed while running or hiking.
I took the press conference as them throwing the media a bone, so to speak, because VSP are conducting thorough searches and investigations and are being very close-lipped about it to keep it close to the vest while they're investigating. And I think FFFD did it because they hadn't spoken on it yet and eyebrows were being raised on why they hadn't yet said anything or whether they offered their guys, who get sent all over the world to aid in search and rescues.

I took the press conference as them throwing the media a bone, so to speak, because VSP are conducting thorough searches and thorough investigations and are being very close-lipped about it to keep it close to the vest while they're investigating. And I think FFFD did it because they hadn't spoken on it yet and eyebrows were being raised on why they hadn't yet said anything or whether they offered their guys, who get sent all over the world to aid in search and rescues.
The Post article posted earlier said Fairfax dog rescue team was being used. Not sure if that's the unit you meant.

Is there a time line somewhere ?

Also did she tell anyone she was going there to run. Some factors such as she is female, a fire fighter and doesn't seem to be a loner surely it was her normal to let at least one person in her circle her plans.
Not much of one.

1050 Wednesday was last contact with dad
0800? Friday no show for work
2000 Saturday car found

That's all I think that's out there.

No I meant the rescue and search team from the fire department, I think the dog rescue team is affiliated with the FPD?

It's possible she just got lost and hurt, but if you live here where dead bodies are found frequently, missing people never found, and women are still followed and stalked, and a man keeps trying to pick up kids from busstops, it's not conspiracy theories, but very possibly there's more to this story.
Maybe I'm a little paranoid, lol, but if they could only find suspects we would feel a little better. My first thought Nicole was carjacked from here, because those attempts happen often, but when I heard her car was found in Shenandoah, I feel it's something that happened in that area.

No I meant the rescue and search team from the fire department, I think the dog rescue team is affiliated with the FPD?

"Some members of the fire department who are part of a K-9 search-and-rescue team have also gone to the national park to help in the search. An Appalachian Trail hiking group is also helping."

I don't know if it's part of the department or a separate organization that just happens to have many FF members.

But it's clear that the police are using volunteers, just a very specific skilled set. Last thing needed is a bunch of random people out getting themselves lost and hurt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...cd4002-062f-11e6-b283-e79d81c63c1b_story.html

"The search effort has focused around the White Oak Canyon Trail in Madison County. The Virginia State Police and U.S. Park Police are using officers trained in search-and-rescue tasks, dogs and aircraft.
Some members of the fire department who are part of a K-9 search-and-rescue team have also gone to the national park to help in the search. An Appalachian Trail hiking group is also helping."

Fairfax search and rescue with these dogs is one of the best search teams and have been sent all over the world to major incidents where needed.

I took the press conference as them throwing the media a bone, so to speak, because VSP are conducting thorough searches and thorough investigations and are being very close-lipped about it to keep it close to the vest while they're investigating. And I think FFFD did it because they hadn't spoken on it yet and eyebrows were being raised on why they hadn't yet said anything or whether they offered their guys, who get sent all over the world to aid in search and rescues.

I am glad the FFFD did the presser.

I think I read somewhere that they did send some of their guys to aid in the search, but I could be wrong. At least, I kind of hope I'm wrong. It would make sense for them to want to help find their coworker, but if (and that's a huge IF) this becomes a criminal investigation that ends up focusing on a particular coworker that had also aided in the initial search of the area, it could prove detrimental to the investigation.

I think right now they are just doing whatever they can to help find her.

My only problem with the random attacker theory is the SNP is very safe (AFAIK) and IF she did not let anyone know she was going there (and if her car is outside the skyline drive in the remote parking lot) then you have a very "lucky" attacker. (No disrespect to Nicole, I really hope she is found alive and well). Not a lot of people go there mid week during normal business hours that are female and that are alone AND that are confident enough and fit enough to wander into the forest alone.
Most females would go with a partner during a weekend when there is more people. Another thing is the attacker was either in the trail and saw her or in the parking lot and saw her leave her car. It is just very random but random crimes happen every day.
Another thought is Nicole is a EMT/Fire Rescue. I think maybe she would be very confident but very aware things can change in a second and she would have left someone know.

Just rambling.

Not necessarily: If someone happened to pass her on the route to the White Oak Canyon Parking lot- if they happened to be working in the valley or area- it would be easy for them to turn around and follow her there. Her car is uncommon- and it would be very obvious to someone who frequents the area that she didn't belong. Because in that whole area (Syria, VA) if someone had that car everyone would know... I live in Northern Virginia (millions of cars) and I rarely see her type of car. It is memorable. And it would be especially memorable in an area of predominately SUV's and Trucks.

Which brings me to another point- Someone in that area has to remember something. They should interview people at the store and lodge.

Am I missing something? She was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on Friday but was last seen Thursday? Does her husband work out of town or something? Wouldn't he have noticed her missing Thursday night? There isn't much information available it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214