Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to abandon the absurd notion that NM drove 2 hours to a secluded trailhead parking lot in the middle of a National Park to get a little middle of the week exercise in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! I've seen so many of these cases of people gone missing with their cars abandoned in a national forest. Something is going on, but I doubt she went missing there intentionally.

I too noticed a change in her appearance over time. I'm wondering about her separation and mental state since no info was given about the context of the texts with dad that stands out to me.

I haven't seen it mentioned but am wondering if she had an iPhone and the findmeapp or family360. I wonder about her car, seat position, purse, etc. I also am wondering if anyone behind the scenes may be doing forensics on a computer and/or phone locations, search data, calls, and messages.

I don't feel she is a victim of accident. She comes off very intelligent. I lean more to suicide and foul play secondary.

If you ever go missing, should we assume you are suicidal? I find the presumption from many people here that she is suicidal to be insulting. I see nothing that would suggest it. Same thing with so many missing men. Everyone wants to assume they got drunk and fell in the water. Foul play should always be assumed when people go missing or are found dead.

I agree i dont think suicide at all. And im not so sure she is in that park.either.

No, it shouldn't. Especially when there is no evidence to suggest such a thing.

The problem is unless you consider it to be foul play, law enforcement will not collect evidence. Chicken and the egg thing. It's true.

I don't think they are assuming she is suicidal. I believe it's protocol for le to say they don't suspect foul play unless there is evidence of it and right now they don't seem to have any.

I don't think they are assuming she is suicidal. I believe it's protocol for le to say they don't suspect foul play unless there is evidence of it and right now they don't seem to have any.

Do you not see the conundrum? You cannot find evidence if you do not look for evidence and you're not looking for evidence if you have a closed mind and want to believe there was no foul play involved. It's sad that with every body found in water, LE always says they don't suspect foul play was involved. It's simply lazy practices.

Do you not see the conundrum? You cannot find evidence if you do not look for evidence and you're not looking for evidence if you have a closed mind and want to believe there was no foul play involved. It's sad that with every body found in water, LE always says they don't suspect foul play was involved. It's simply lazy practices.
You're assuming that not suspecting foul play immediately, the police have no interest. Obviously that's not accurate in this case or countless others.

The problem is unless you consider it to be foul play, law enforcement will not collect evidence. Chicken and the egg thing. It's true.

Exactly! Just because they say no foul play at this time only means they have not found any evidence of it.
So why is she missing?

What did she say in that last text?
Who last laid eyeballs on here and when?
Did she ever do this before?

She did not step out for a breather.
Are her running shoes gone or home?
So many questions

I did NOT assume she was suicidal. I said I, as in my opinion, I, lean more towards suicide and foul play secondary. That's my opinion in which I am entitled to just as you are entitled to yours.

If I go missing, I really don't care what is assumed because what matters most is being found period and if it takes all assumptions, rumors, and speculations to find me and rescue me then so be it. The more powerful the better. Every scenario has to be ruled in or ruled out, like it or agree or not that is what investigators do and how cases are solved.
<modsnip>

Sadly IMO most women that go missing do not come back they are found dead and its not suicide. Jmo

LE will usually consider ALL angles - suicide, murder, accident, voluntary disappearance - until they get something solid leading them in one direction. At least they have her car and they are processing it.

I read a news article on the press conference today and found very little was provided for the public to work with. As far as where the car was parked I'm not entirely sure whether it was parked in a lot off Skyline Drive or just on the edge of the park near Syria. So potential witnesses don't know if something they saw near Thornton Gap or on the way to Syria is significant for example.

The press conference does serve one purpose and that's to keep Nicole's name in the media and get more people to talk about it. Exposure is vital now.

Maybe they have a good reason to believe there is no foul play. Maybe a gun is missing from the home, for example. That might explain why her husband asked her to reach out if she could hear them. It might also explain why they don't want volunteers - she maybe be in danger, but only to herself and that's not something the public could help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills