Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently that's when she moved out of her townhouse she shared with her husband.

Apparently that's when she moved out of her townhouse she shared with her husband.

She moved out after Techie7 posted those bullying comments about her? I bet people were very mean to her at work.

If she did not know the identity of the person behind online bullying, it cannot be assumed that it was someone from work.
Exactly, anyone could have posed as a FFX Co firefighter and started those rumors. Or someone could have agreed to do it for a friend who had a grudge against Nicole... But, whoever did it, they should not be a firefighter. If they are a firefighter, they are a disgrace to the uniform...and if there is more than one anonymous poster (re: NM and other female fire fighters) they should lose their jobs. IMO!

Again just my opinion, maybe some activities do not meet the legal burden of bullying but from a mental health point of view this kind of comments are devastating.

I had a very bad experience when a friendship gone bad (a person I meet in an internet forum) contacted my employer and accused me of all kind of crazy stuff (nothing illegal, just posting where I would talk about my day to day that would include my job). My employer saw right thru it and actually sided with me, they protected me from my cyber stalker.

I learned my lesson. I have no SM accounts. Never again.

There is a missing persons investigation going on where I live (Kentucky), the woman's name is Crystal Rogers and she has been missing since last July. At the time of her disappearance her live-in-boyfriend/common-law-husband, Brooks Houck, was a highly ranked police officer and has now been fired from his job for tampering with an ongoing investigation related to her case and is now a main suspect. Two of the officers that worked for him have been charged with tampering with physical evidence in this case and his brother, who I believe is also a police office, is suspected of being involved as well. She's been missing for almost ten months & her boyfriend can't be charged with her murder because there is no evidence..he probably knew how to cover his tracks given his job.

I'm not saying NM's husband has anything to do with her disappearance, but similar things have happened before. This is completely speculation and a (probably crazy) theory that is all my opinion but what if NM's husband heard about the allegations being said about her on the gossip site back in December and found out there was truth to it. He asked for a separation but a couple months later decided to give her another chance (I think someone mentioned seeing a nice comment he made on a picture of her referring to her as his wife last month). Soon after they got back together he realized she was being unfaithful again and didn't want to go through the embarrassment a second time so he decided to do something about it. He got rid of her body and destroyed the evidence by starting the forest fire (and this is a stretch) to send a message to her fellow firefighter coworkers (since that is who she has been accused of having the affairs with). He had at least 48 hours to clean everything up & plant her car where it was found before her family realized she was missing & reported it. This whole time I thought it was strange that LE hasn't released much info at all but I just assumed they were working closely with her family and sharing info with only them..until last night. I had assumed that LE accessed her phone records days ago since she was labeled "endangered missing". What if LE did access her phone records and realized that this is bigger than a disappearance because one or more of their own is responsible. They are keeping quiet to buy time because they know this is about to come out. They haven't shared this info with her family yet which forced her family to make a public plea last night for help getting the phone records.

I'm not accusing her husband of having any involvement, it is very possible his is completely innocent and she wanted to disappear, got injured, victim of random foul play, etc., this is just a possibility I thought of after hearing so much about the missing policeman's girlfriend in my hometown!

We are spending a ton of time on posts that are not MSM and re hashing ' rumors' from a site that is not linkable on this forum. :tos:

STOP

Rumors are not allowed per TOS.

Linking or naming another board, discussing the posts from it are against TOS.

Sleuthing other members from another message board or sleuthing members from here are against TOS.

Discussing Social Media accounts who are family members or friends are against TOS, unless they belong to LE, Media, Nichole or Help find me pages. You are,allowed to paraphrase from the above accounts

Copying and pasting from SM accounts along with photos are against TOS.

Sleuthing family members and friends are against TOS.

Please go back and read WS TOS.

Thanks!

I think it could be highly relevant to her possible state of mind and if the investigation were to lead to a scenario in which she could have driven to SNP with the intent to harm herself it's definitely relevant. (Not saying that's what I think happened but if that does turn out to be the case it will certainly be relevant to investigators). The comment with her full name, on the Internet, where anyone could see it or find it could definitely cause severe emotional distress, and no one but her knows how well she handled it or "weathered the storm." Likewise, if she is separated there's no specific guidelines for how a separation effects every person. Nicole was aware of the comments, and I think it would be a mistake to write it off as irrelevant to her being missing.

If Nicole is the victim of foul play, investigators would also factor this into their victomology which helps them determine possible motives, suspects, or risk factors and by risk factors I mean life style, occupation, or anything else going on in her life that could point to a motive or suspect.

With that being said, the comment from four months ago, or her current marital status may end up having nothing to do with this case but it still would be looked into and noted by investigators.

I am sure that slanderous comments posted online for the purpose of damaging someone's reputation would be devastating, but not to the extent of leading to suicide. That is, people who matter would know the truth. If a damaging online comment is true and it does destroy someone's life, it's hard to say what would happen. Do otherwise healthy people commit suicide due to gossip?

I agree that true online comments that damage reputation could lead to suicide, so Nicole could be missing due to suicide, accident, or murder. Most missing women scenarios are accident, or murder.

thank you schmae and sparky. having a heck of a time trying to get through this thread and STILL don't know what's fact or rumor.

I agree with otto - when I download maps they often open as a .pdf or in Kindle and they stay on my phone until I manually delete them.

Ok, finally caught up from yesterday and I have a few comments to a few different posts:

Re: Paying to enter park - About 3 years ago when I hiked White Oak Canyon, you were supposed to pay, but I think it was a self pay thing because we didn't notice it. Since it was a weekend and busy, there was a ranger near the trail head who 'assisted' us in purchasing a pass. Mid-week, she may not have encountered a ranger. Or if she's a regular, she has the SNP pass and didn't have to worry about it. After I had the pass, I went a few times and never saw anyone to flash the pass to.

Re: Picture of her with a baby - I got the impression it was a niece or nephew.

Re: Wild animals - I did see a copperhead once in SNP. We stopped for a picnic and a lady in my group looked under all the rocks before we sat down and sure enough, there he was.....somethings I'd rather not see. A friend of mine said she found herself between a mama bear and baby bears on a trail once, so it could easily happen, especially if the trail wasn't busy enough to scare the animals deeper into the woods that day. Although I think if that were the case, some signs of this encounter would have been discovered by now, right?

Re: Why missing at 11:00 exactly? -- Could it be one of those iPhone things where he could tell that the message he sent at 11:00 was never read? Not sure how this works exactly as I don't have iPhone. LE could have her phone if she left it in the car due to no phone service?

Re: caves and lakes: There are at least some pools of water at the base of some waterfalls on White Oak Canyon. I also saw a little cave near a trail, so I'd guess if there is one, there are others. If someone was very familiar with the area and went off the trails, they could probably come across some.

I guess I can't say anything without having proof here? I'm a nurse in Falls Church, I drive past her Fire Hall every day to get to work and I've met some of these emts. So there is common knowledge about these things. But I'm new here and I think I'm not supposed to say stuff without a link or something.
In Healthcare this is how people act. I've never behaved in a way to cause humiliation and consequent harrassment, but I have had coworkers who were women start rumors (lies) about me and this type of profession eats that stuff up. I never considered it bullying, but I guess it could be.
I work in Northern Virginia and live in the Shenandoah Valley, an hour away. The drive isn't bad. So her driving an hour away would not be strange to me. Especially to get away from everything.
Also, if she was depressed that would be a good area to go to disappear, if you wanted to. Lots of hiding places off trail. People could walk by and not see someone really close to them. And you can pretty much completely rule out animal attacks. Timber Rattles aren't out yet, not hot enough. Copperhead don't kill right away, I know someone who stepped on one and was able to finish the hike and then drive to the hospital, his leg was swollen and painful got anti venom and was fine. Black bears don't attack, I've been charged by a mama bear, but they only charge for a second to scare you and give up, because it works, and that was in deep backcountry, not near the Drive.
If she was injured someone would've probably found her by now, even if she fell over some rocks.

So is this common in workplaces of mostly one gender? Women gossip and men *advertiser censored* shame? WTH is wrong with people? SOs high school students aren't this bad.

About the roommate thing.... Nicole was in a sorority. My fiancé still refers to his fraternity roommate as his roommate.

It's very possible the poster meant her friends college roommate or something similar, not necessarily current.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I can't say anything without having proof here? I'm a nurse in Falls Church, I drive past her Fire Hall every day to get to work and I've met some of these emts. So there is common knowledge about these things. But I'm new here and I think I'm not supposed to say stuff without a link or something.
In Healthcare this is how people act. I've never behaved in a way to cause humiliation and consequent harrassment, but I have had coworkers who were women start rumors (lies) about me and this type of profession eats that stuff up. I never considered it bullying, but I guess it could be.
I work in Northern Virginia and live in the Shenandoah Valley, an hour away. The drive isn't bad. So her driving an hour away would not be strange to me. Especially to get away from everything.
Also, if she was depressed that would be a good area to go to disappear, if you wanted to. Lots of hiding places off trail. People could walk by and not see someone really close to them. And you can pretty much completely rule out animal attacks. Timber Rattles aren't out yet, not hot enough. Copperhead don't kill right away, I know someone who stepped on one and was able to finish the hike and then drive to the hospital, his leg was swollen and painful got anti venom and was fine. Black bears don't attack, I've been charged by a mama bear, but they only charge for a second to scare you and give up, because it works, and that was in deep backcountry, not near the Drive.
If she was injured someone would've probably found her by now, even if she fell over some rocks.

Your post here is fine! We welcome locals encourage you guys to do as you have done here - to describe the area, culture and express your impressions and opinions. It helps us to better understand, so thank you!

:welcome:

Just listened to the Ffx Co Dept conference. Her Capt, David Hall, said she worked a MWF shift and called in sick one day - couldn't say if it was M or W. Then he was cut off as he already probably said too much that LE doesn't want discussed as an ongoing investigation. So, as she was supposed to work on Wed it would be logical to believe that was the day she called in sick. I'm sure many, and myself incl, have played hookey.

He said that when someone calls in sick they have to do so by 5am (may have said 5:30am / can't remember)

Admin Note

There are quite a few new members, many local to the area following this case. Please review the Social Media Rules set forth below. We are strict about those because they help ALL of us to be able to distinguish rumors from FACTS.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99