Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all bring up some good points. Nicole is young, pretty and working in a male dominant environment. And she probably got a ton of male attention. If needs aren't being met within a marriage, or one has unresolved issues prior to marriage, anyone can become susceptible to attention and positive stroking. That particular environment will bring out the cracks and possibly make them fissures.

If Nicole discovered that she was made false promises, for which she based her recent life changes, they can destroy even the strongest. Heartbreak at any age can push anyone over the edge. If she has disappeared on her own volition and is reading here, I hope she can realize that all is not lost. There are people that love and support her and want her found safe and sound. No man is worth all of this and things will get better. IMOO

Just listened to the Ffx Co Dept conference. Her Capt, David Hall, said she worked a MWF shift and called in sick one day - couldn't say if it was M or W. Then he was cut off as he already probably said too much that LE doesn't want discussed as an ongoing investigation. So, as she was supposed to work on Wed it would be logical to believe that was the day she called in sick. I'm sure many, and myself incl, have played hookey.

He said that when someone calls in sick they have to do so by 5am (may have said 5:30am / can't remember)

This makes me suspicious that she may have been depressed/suicidal if she called into work on Wednesday and that was the last day she was heard from (text to her Dad). JMO of course.

Just listened to the Ffx Co Dept conference. Her Capt, David Hall, said she worked a MWF shift and called in sick one day - couldn't say if it was M or W. Then he was cut off as he already probably said too much that LE doesn't want discussed as an ongoing investigation. So, as she was supposed to work on Wed it would be logical to believe that was the day she called in sick. I'm sure many, and myself incl, have played hookey.

He said that when someone calls in sick they have to do so by 5am (may have said 5:30am / can't remember)

Wow, so he was suggesting she called in sick right before her disappearance? That, IMO, gives insight into her mental state. She called in sick and then later her car is found 2 hours away..

Just catching up on this one. Very odd. I hope she is located soon and is safe.

I found the other forum everyone is referring to, but cannot find the specific posts. Someone help me!

Very odd about the baby registry as well. Of course she may have been expecting at one point and was just excited to do a registry and then lost the baby, but I could never imagine a male co-worker setting up anything like a fake registry.

I'm also getting the feeling that things aren't adding up. Interesting that a poster a few posts up mentions she *may* have called in sick on Wednesday. If that's the case, who knows how long she's been missing or if someone else could have made the 10:50 text.

Do we know the last time anyone actually saw her in person?

Just catching up on this one. Very odd. I hope she is located soon and is safe.

I found the other forum everyone is referring to, but cannot find the specific posts. Someone help me!

Very odd about the baby registry as well. Of course she may have been expecting at one point and was just excited to do a registry and then lost the baby, but I could never imagine a male co-worker setting up anything like a fake registry.

I'm also getting the feeling that things aren't adding up. Interesting that a poster a few posts up mentions she *may* have called in sick on Wednesday. If that's the case, who knows how long she's been missing or if someone else could have made the 10:50 text.

Do we know the last time anyone actually saw her in person?

When you register for a wedding registry some places give you the option of reserving the url for a baby registry right away.

Interesting that a poster a few posts up mentions she *may* have called in sick on Wednesday.

That was taken directly from the recent press conference with the dept Captain -- that she had in fact called in sick the week she went missing.

However, I cannot find a link to said press conference.

I'm theorizing that she was last seen at Warranton Crossfit roughly around the time her father received a text. Without cooperation from the cell phone company, that's the only way I can think of that they would know for sure she was in or around Warranton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplySara makes a broad statement that in healthcare, this is how all people act. I have been an RN for 11 years and I have worked in the hospital, home health, LTC, etc and NO this is not how people act. It's insulting to generalize an entire group of people for the actions a few people have experienced. Anyway, I rarely post here and lurk when something occurs in my home state of Virginia.

Look for the video - it was a 10:am conference that first discussed the vigil tonite at 7:32p

Once the Capt said she called in sick, the reporters zeroed in and questioned the day. The chief and someone else kept saying they would have to check their records and couldn't confirm the day - then the Capt was cut off. One news station has already botched the report by saying she called in sick the day before she went missing - which was not what was said at the conference

SimplySara makes a broad statement that in healthcare, this is how all people act. I have been an RN for 11 years and I have worked in the hospital, home health, LTC, etc and NO this is not how people act. It's insulting to generalize an entire group of people for the actions a few people have experienced. Anyway, I rarely post here and lurk when something occurs in my home state of Virginia.

Perhaps that has been her experience only. I agree, not all people in healthcare act that way. However, where men and woman work closely together, rumors and innuendo probably exist.

hmmm...if you're playing hooky from work, do you go to crossfit for a workout?

As far as workplaces with mostly one gender, I really don't know. I've only worked in healthcare, my brother used to be a paramedic at Dulles International Airport in Northern Virginia, when you're new the coworkers can be mean. He was definitely bullied, as rookies are usually, even in the military. As volunteer emts,.firefighters you're treated as less than, male or female, because you're not experienced enough to be paid. At the Fairfax Firefighting Academy you have to volunteer for a year before they might accept you. They get paid well too when they graduated and its competitive getting on a good station like Merrifield where she was. Nicole would've had to have done that, but who knows where she volunteered, could've been anywhere.
I won't get into rumors. But if people are talking about you in a disparaging way of course it's upsetting. In this field you have to know it happens. In nursing school we were told "nurses eat their young" meaning older more experienced nurses are mean and horrible to new grads, and they are. It's a club. I keep to myself because I learned my lesson, even after 10 years. You really can't trust anyone in this profession. Not worth trying to be friends with coworkers.
It seems that LE knows a lot we don't know. And we can see how LE handled similar cases and speculate as to why they're doing what they're doing with this case. I really hope they find her soon. It seems like it's pointing to suicide IMO, or she wanted to disappear. But there are other things that it could be. Although I rule out her being injured, attacked by animals or lost. Could be foul play, but the VSP have her car, they seem to have her phone. I'm sure there are clues in the car.

Admin Note

As of right now, below are the approved Social Media pages that are okay to link and reference. (As I review I may add to this list.)

Find Nicole Now - Offical Facebook Support Page

Find Nicole.com

Help Save The Next Girl

Please review the parameters set forth in the Social Media Rules cited in my earlier post.

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Maybe she was getting ready for an event? Or this was the way she relieved stress?

This thread is going to get shut down... the separation is nowhere in MSM and purely based on social media rumours. I don't think we're allowed to discuss these rumours and definitely shouldn't treat them as fact.
It was mentioned on Fox 5 at 10:00 AM...no link...just watched it on the news.

She could have texted at 1050, dad texted back and expected a response but a response never came.

I think we're reading too much into the fact that she was last heard from at 11AM on April 13, and that is known because she was texting with her father at 10:50AM. If her father had not stated that he was texting with her at 10:50, everyone would be asking who last had contact with her, and what that contact was.

Did Nicole attend the crab feast on Saturday 4/9? I wonder if anyone knows if there were any altercations there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member