Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FU is a haven for roaches and vermin not fit to see the light of day, so they spend all their time degrading any and all who cross their paths.
Is FU FFXunderground... If so, they are mostly locals who sit around laughing and ridiculing victims, family members and anyone who innocently stumbles onto their site.

The minute I heard about the fire, my first thought was that the timing of the fire, the day after the evening the car was found, seemed too coincidental.

Yes exactly. And I see so many people commenting here and elsewhere on SM that BC the search area and fire are far apart it's unlikely related. I really hope LE isn't dismissing the potential link based on proximity alone! I live in the area and the fire is spreading due to high winds and warm dry air. We've had smoke and ashes all day

To enter Skyline Drive, yes, and technically if you enter the trails from outside by leaving your fee. But the car was at an access point outside of the park so she didn't go through the main gate.

Do we have an accurate location for where her car was found? Yesterday there was still a lot of debate.

Do we have an accurate location for where her car was found? Yesterday there was still a lot of debate.
They reference "White Oak Canyon" parking, which is the one outside the park that accesses White Oak/Cedar Falls, which was the first area closed.

A fire this time of year is very rare. Someone intentionally started it and it's a weird coincidence to say the least. A fire would likely destroy evidence and also throw off the dogs from finding her scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was in response to this question in a former Post:

I am a hiker/runner (female) who spends significant time training for extreme trail running events. By extreme I mean events where the distance is anywhere from 16 - 32 miles of treacherous rocky terrain with significant elevation gains. When training for a big event I typically try to get in at least one long run a week, and several weeks out from a big race I try to get in a run that is around 2/3 of the distance of the actual race... (ex. 26 mile race, I try to get in an 18 mile training run several weeks out to allow for recovery).

With that said, because of the terrain these types of runs are typically run / hikes so I may spend an average of 4 - 6 hours on a typical long training run...run when you can run, hike when you have to.... The purpose / benefit is to build endurance and strength for the actual event. We also use it to assess our gear and "fueling" needs (hydration, food, etc...) Simulating the actual event makes all the difference in success.

That is why it is hard for me to believe she would have attempted to hike one of these trails "unprepared". She was an athlete who completed and knew her body and "limits". Runners are also extremely anal about "tracking" every step, mile, hour.. and monitoring the overall progress. That is how we determine how to adjust and tweak our training. So, I cannot believe she wouldn't have had proper gear. Also, she probably would have left things in her car for after her workout (change of clothes, extra water/food, etc...)

Excellent observations from your perspective as an athletic female who engages in pushing yourself physically in some of the same ways NM is purported to by friends and family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts based on your experience. I am not a person who engages in a lot of training or fitness regimes. I appreciate hearing your take on someone who seems very fit conscious and who actively trains for such events.

Since Sunday, the fire has gone from covering 500 acres to over 2000. This is really sad.

I'm not sure of the original poster, but I agree that it would be very easy for someone who KNOWS Nicole's routine to leave her car where it was found to mislead police. When you pair that with the supposed suspicious nature and timing of the fire, it seems only logical to look very closely at her colleagues and/or other professionals in the fire science/fire fighting field.

On a separate note, how public is her Facebook page? I wonder if we or someone with access can go back and look at her posts, see who consistently commented, regularly interacted with Nicole , and of those people, did anyone just abruptly stop interacting with her on FB? In other words, sometimes you can tell when friends or family have a "falling out" of sorts, because suddenly, a certain friend or family member isn't "liking" any posts or pictures, isn't commenting, ect.

Is FU FFXunderground... If so, they are mostly locals who sit around laughing and ridiculing victims, family members and anyone who innocently stumbles onto their site.

Sure is. The way they spoke of the teen girl who killed herself on the trestle bridge was stomach turning. to see they treated her and other female firefighters the same way wasn't shocking. It is disturbing that it's clear some of the posters are fire/emt

Sure is. The way they spoke of the teen girl who killed herself on the trestle bridge was stomach turning. to see they treated her and other female firefighters the same way wasn't shocking. It is disturbing that it's clear some of the posters are fire/emt
I stopped checking comments there after the death of the Fairfax City student who was found hanging in the nearby park. I'm glad I missed these other comments on other cases. Sad that firefighters and emts are posting garbage.

A fire this time of year is very rare. Someone intentionally started it and it's a weird coincidence to say the least. A fire would likely destroy evidence and also throw off the dogs from finding her scent.

Maybe in general but the weather has been very conducive. I still have a fire weather warning.

Actually, this says fire season in Shenandoah is now:

"In Virginia, most wildfires are the result of human actions, and can be prevented by using common sense, following fire safety rules, and obeying fire laws. Wildfire season in Shenandoah is February, March, April, and May—most wildfires occur then. A second fire season occurs in October, November and December."

https://www.nps.gov/shen/learn/nature/wildfire.htm

Since Sunday, the fire has gone from covering 500 acres to over 2000. This is really sad.

Our local news is reporting that it is now reaching 3000 acres

Source NBC29

UPDATE: Rocky Mount Fire burns more than 2,000 acres
http://www.whsv.com/content/news/700-acres-burning-in-Shenandoah-National-Park-376128571.html
Updated: Tue 7:18 PM, Apr 19, 2016

"ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, Va. (WHSV)--*UPDATE 4/19/16 6:45 p.m.*
Shenandoah National Park confirms that the Rocky Mount Fire covers more than 2,000 acres. Earlier reports the fire was more than 3,000 acres were from another agency, and the National Park Service was not able to confirm that number. Shenandoah National Park assures WHSV they are actively working to fight the fire.

More than 200 crews joined the effort today. Hotshot crews from as far as New Mexico have been brought in to help. Crews are being aided by two helicopters, a plane and eight fire engines.

Firefighters at the edge of the fire line told WHSV's Katie Caler, they are working hard to keep the fire from spreading to private property.

Crews spent the day working on containment lines, also helped by a helicopter using a water basket to drop water on the flames."

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/700-acres-burning-in-Shenandoah-National-Park-376128571.html

Updated: Tue 7:18 PM, Apr 19, 2016

"ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, Va. (WHSV)--*UPDATE 4/19/16 6:45 p.m.*
Shenandoah National Park confirms that the Rocky Mount Fire covers more than 2,000 acres. Earlier reports the fire was more than 3,000 acres were from another agency, and the National Park Service was not able to confirm that number. Shenandoah National Park assures WHSV they are actively working to fight the fire.

More than 200 crews joined the effort today. Hotshot crews from as far as New Mexico have been brought in to help. Crews are being aided by two helicopters, a plane and eight fire engines.

Firefighters at the edge of the fire line told WHSV's Katie Caler, they are working hard to keep the fire from spreading to private property.

Crews spent the day working on containment lines, also helped by a helicopter using a water basket to drop water on the flames.

Interesting. Thank you!

I'm not sure of the original poster, but I agree that it would be very easy for someone who KNOWS Nicole's routine to leave her car where it was found to mislead police. When you pair that with the supposed suspicious nature and timing of the fire, it seems only logical to look very closely at her colleagues and/or other professionals in the fire science/fire fighting field.

On a separate note, how public is her Facebook page? I wonder if we or someone with access can go back and look at her posts, see who consistently commented, regularly interacted with Nicole , and of those people, did anyone just abruptly stop interacting with her on FB? In other words, sometimes you can tell when friends or family have a "falling out" of sorts, because suddenly, a certain friend or family member isn't "liking" any posts or pictures, isn't commenting, ect.

She deleted her Facebook last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member