Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is unless you consider it to be foul play, law enforcement will not collect evidence. Chicken and the egg thing. It's true.

I have to disagree on this, this has been classified as a missing persons investigation from the start. I think they are experienced and trained enough to be keeping their eyes open and looking for anything. This isn't their first rodeo. You have to rule stuff out too, so for that reason everything is collected.

I haven't been to SNP since the 90s. Do you still have to pay to enter and is that entrance station manned?
In past years I have entered late in the day and the Waynesboro entrance would be unmanned, with a sign posted to pay on the way out. My assumption is the entrances are video surveilled but I don't know. Saturday, even though I had my season pass at the ready, I was waved through with a smile as it was a fee free day.

Focused on finding her or her body. Limited resources. Next logical step is finding her digital footprint before she disappeared.

Is the problem that: although investigators may have the information, they are not sharing it with family, so family wants to make an independent request for the information so they can pursue their own searches?

I haven't seen this bullying but it sounds like it could very well be a factor and opens a few possibilities. Maybe coworkers or spouses of coworkers were jealous? The car and park could be a big red herring to derail them from finding her. Doesn't the FBI step in since her husband works for LE?

I haven't seen this bullying but it sounds like it could very well be a factor and opens a few possibilities. Maybe coworkers or spouses of coworkers were jealous? The car and park could be a big red herring to derail them from finding her. Doesn't the FBI step in since her husband works for LE?

No. FBI can only be called in by VSP if they request it. <modsnip>

I would think police, congressman, senator, governor - if the police aren't doing it because it's not a criminal case at this time then grab a congressman.

If we assume that the eyewitness account is true and N parked her car on Saturday that is a huge change to the timeline. There should be more information on her whereabouts between the Wednesday text to her Dad and the Saturday spotting. Why has no one come forward to say they saw her on Thursday and/or Friday? And it creates a real possibility that if she is injured along the trail somewhere that she's still alive. Don't you guys think that with all the media coverage that there would be more sightings/camera footage/communications/credit card usage hits?
is all of skyline drive part of the park? The eyewitness account only said they saw a white Mini Cooper driving south on skyline drive Saturday.

I find it odd that VSP is making such a public plea for legal assistance. They have their own lawers, some of the best in the Virginia. In all of my years of sleuthing, I've never seen LE call "is there a lawyer in the house?" It's just weird. Start with the Commonwealth's Attorneys in Prince William and Madison and go all the way up to Mark Herring himself if necessary. I'm sure they have an attorney that knows this statute inside and out.

is all of skyline drive part of the park? The eyewitness account only said they saw a white Mini Cooper driving south on skyline drive Saturday.
Yes it is, but the car wasn't parked along Skyline Drive. Google Maps mobile won't let me use more than one destination, but go from Warrenton VA to Big Meadows Lodge to Syria VA and that would be the trip she would have to have made, rather than the more direct Warrenton to Syria.

I find it odd that VSP is making such a public plea for legal assistance. They have their own lawers, some of the best in the Virginia. In all of my years of sleuthing, I've never seen LE call "is there a lawyer in the house?" It's just weird. Start with the Commonwealth's Attorneys in Prince William and Madison and go all the way up to Mark Herring himself if necessary. I'm sure they have an attorney that knows this statute inside and out.

Was that not the family asking for assistance?

Like 40 said, I wouldn't classify as bullying. They definitely shamed and outted (if their conjecture was true) her, but they weren't harassing or bullying. It was basically a bunch of bros too stupid to care that locker room talk should stay in a locker room and not be posted for the world to find/see.

It's the family not police.

Perhaps they struck out legally so they're hoping to get public pressure on their side without openly shaming the company

It sounded to me like it was the family making the plea. They have a lot of responses and some advice on there. It seems as though LE is trying to do everything they can, but reached a roadblock.

Yes it is, but the car wasn't parked along Skyline Drive. Google Maps mobile won't let me use more than one destination, but go from Warrenton VA to Big Meadows Lodge to Syria VA and that would be the trip she would have to have made, rather than the more direct Warrenton to Syria.
Right, that's why I don't think the car spotted Saturday was hers.

In Virginia, bullying is defined under Title 22 in the Virginia Code of Law as:

"Bullying" means any aggressive and unwanted behavior that is intended to harm, intimidate, or humiliate the victim; involves a real or perceived power imbalance between the aggressor or aggressors and victim; and is repeated over time or causes severe emotional trauma. "Bullying" includes cyber bullying. "Bullying" does not include ordinary teasing, horseplay, argument, or peer conflict.

Although it is defined, there does not appear to be any criminal offense related to bullying. I do believe she was bullied, especially if this caused her severe emotional trauma. Unfortunately, it appears to be legal in Virginia.

Hope this is within TOS, if not please delete, again, looking for a text version. This from the official find SM pages, www.facebook.com/findnicolenow
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-21-00-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-21-00-50.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 349
A fire this time of year is very rare. Someone intentionally started it and it's a weird coincidence to say the least. A fire would likely destroy evidence and also throw off the dogs from finding her scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was backcountry several miles away when I heard the sirens Saturday. It was a warm windy day and the dead leaves were dry. All of
the parking areas at the trailheads were full -it was a fee free day- I had to park at an overlook across the drive. I would say it's not much of a coincidence given how busy the park was with what I would say were casual park visitors and not many of the more savvy experienced hikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties