VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noting that so far we haven't heard anything about charges re: SA or abuse of a corpse. Knock on wood. Hoping these charges will not follow.

Wow, this case is so bizarre. I'm not that old, only early 30s, so college wasn't too long ago for me, and I just can't even imagine how these kids got mixed up in something like this. Maybe they really are monsters. Sometimes you will find with cold cases, underage girls get kidnapped or murdered, and LE always has their eye on middle age adult men, but 30 or 40 years later DNA evidence will come back and implicate the teenage boy who lived down the street.

Just awful.

I agree. It is not often two psychopaths eyes meet and instant recognition occurs.

We drove up the road (hwy 89) yesterday about the time they are saying her body was recovered. I remember seeing 2 cars sitting in an odd area of a curve. One of the cars were sitting in the curve a little in the road. They were both normal looking cars one was maybe a van of some sort. I can't remember. I didn't see any marked police cars or anything of that sort. When we drove up the road just a little further there was a small car maybe like a Honda civic or something of that nature sitting on the opposite side of the road. There was a young girl inside looked like she was talking on a cell phone. Just noticed it all because it was just an odd area for all of the cars to be. The little car was pulled off on the side of the road that was still totally covered in the snow and I had made a comment about her not being able to get out of that spot with all the snow there. I really don't even know why I am mentioning it but I am just realizing I may have seen the people that were searching for her.

Is this the interview you're talking about? I don't see anything creepy, in fact I'd say 'go girl' if my granddaughter said she was dating him. Could someone post the creepy link, please? TIA
[video=youtube;V9L2QDhOJVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9L2QDhOJVU[/video]

This is the video others find creepy. I didn't.

I totally agree that she was probably going off about her dad in typical teenage girl fashion and this does not mean he wasn't involved in her life. He has, however, served jail time so even if he wanted to be involved he might not have been able to be for some time. No judgment against the father from me. I don't know what their relationship was like. I'm just saying there are some legal reasons he may not have been around. Doesn't mean he wasn't a dedicated dad.

Completely agree too. As long as that balance is there when people are talking about this, it doesn't bother me - because those are the facts. It's more when people started writing him off as a dad altogether based off of that screenshot that it bugged me. We just don't know because we don't know the family. Just don't only look at that screenshot and judge, I guess is what I'm saying. :)

We drove up the road (hwy 89) yesterday about the time they are saying her body was recovered. I remember seeing 2 cars sitting in an odd area of a curve. One of the cars were sitting in the curve a little in the road. They were both normal looking cars one was maybe a van of some sort. I can't remember. I didn't see any marked police cars or anything of that sort. When we drove up the road just a little further there was a small car maybe like a Honda civic or something of that nature sitting on the opposite side of the road. There was a young girl inside looked like she was talking on a cell phone. Just noticed it all because it was just an odd area for all of the cars to be. The little car was pulled off on the side of the road that was still totally covered in the snow and I had made a comment about her not being able to get out of that spot with all the snow there. I really don't even know why I am mentioning it but I am just realizing I may have seen the people that were searching for her.

If you feel you saw something relevant you might want to call the police. It could be nothing but you can let the police sort that out. If they were normal-looking cars and not LE vehicles you might have information they need. Once again that's LE's job to figure out so even if it doesn't lead to anything...that is their job to figure it out!

Also college campuses have an app called friendsy which functions like tinder where they can meet people online usually for hookups. I am sure there were 1000 of girls at VT on there and the campus is big enough that even if you wanted anonymous encounters you could do that. Just put picture up, and people sat whether they want to be friends, hookup or date and if both pick each other they can meet up and do whatever. Why go bother someone off campus let alone a 13 year old girl?

There's only one reason, imo. And it's the same reason most every other young girl on this forum is killed. JMO

Eta: I guess there could be other possible reasons, maybe kidnapping for ransom or something like that.

Looking at her photos - I believe she was a theatre kid - at least in high school. ( I recognize that because I have one). They are not usually the "in" popular kids but are generally creative, intelligent and fine with not fitting in everywhere. They typically operate within their own little social network of other theatre/music kids. I can see her relating to him if he was a brainy, engineer type personality. At least, that was the case with my dd's friends.

This has nothing to do with the murder other than the fact that she didn't seem to hang around with the "darker personality" types of kids - (judging only by her photos and comments).

Is this the interview you're talking about? I don't see anything creepy, in fact I'd say 'go girl' if my granddaughter said she was dating him. Could someone post the creepy link, please? TIA
[video=youtube;V9L2QDhOJVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9L2QDhOJVU[/video]

Yes, this is the video I was referring to, and "creepy" was just my personal opinion about his demeanor.

Don't get me wrong---he appeared determined, motivated, goal-oriented, and successful. But someone can have all of those qualities and still be a psychopath---they're not mutually exclusive. In fact, most psychopaths are talented, motivated, and successful.

But, his speech lacked emotional depth and sounded pressured and methodical in nature. Most athletes speak about their goals and accomplishments with enthusiasm, excitement, and passion. He displayed none of that.

Bringing the latest release from LE forward

full news release issued by Blacksburg police:
BLACKSBURG, Va. – Blacksburg Police have made a second arrest in the abduction and murder of Nicole M. Lovell, who went missing from her Blacksburg, Va., residence Jan. 27, 2016. Natalie M. Keepers, 19, is being held without bond at the Montgomery County Jail on one felony count of improper disposal of a dead body (Code of Virginia 18.2-323.02) and one misdemeanor count of accessory after the fact in the commission of a felony (Code of Virginia 18.2-19). Keepers, a Virginia Tech student from Laurel, Md., was arrested Sunday (Jan. 31) morning.

On Saturday afternoon (Jan. 30), the four-day search for the missing 13-year-old Blacksburg girl came to an end. At approximately 4 p.m. Saturday, Virginia State Police located Nicole’s remains near Route 89, in Surry County, N.C. With the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, FBI Charlotte, N.C., Field Office, and the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office, her remains arrived early Sunday morning (Jan. 31) at the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke, Va., for autopsy and examination.

David E. Eisenhauer, 18, is also being held at the Montgomery County Jail without bond. The Columbia, Md., native was arrested Saturday on one felony count of first degree murder and one felony count of abduction.

Based on the evidence collected to date, investigators have determined that Eisenhauer and Nicole were acquainted prior to her disappearance. Eisenhauer used this relationship to his advantage to abduct the 13-year-old and then kill her. Keepers helped Eisenhauer dispose of Nicole’s body.

The investigation into Nicole’s abduction and death remains very active as investigators continue to pursue roughly 300 leads generated during the course of the past five days. The Blacksburg Police are being assisted in the investigation by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Christiansburg Police, City of Radford Police, Virginia Tech Police, Virginia State Police, ATF and FBI.

Investigators are still encouraging the public to come forward with any information concerning Nicole Lovell, David Eisenhauer and/or, now, Natalie Keepers to contact the Blacksburg Police Department at 540-961-1150.

###

Lieutenant M.B. Albert

What to make of this? I don't like the way it sounds.

[video=twitter;693870769215016960]https://twitter.com/RobManch10/status/693870769215016960[/video]

I wonder if they may have disposed of a murder weapon in the water.

I can certainly see potential signs of psychopathy in that interview. He appeared rigid and his speech was very flat---no enthusiasm or emotion was displayed---and he appears very methodical.

I can't lie, he gave me the creeps. Maybe his female peers are also creeped out by him, so he sought out younger, unsuspecting girls online.

BBM
Could someone please post a link to that video? TIA

eta: Found it. Thank you.

I wonder if they may have disposed of a murder weapon in the water.

Or some other form of evidence that could link the perps directly to her abduction and/or death. One of the two in custody may be talking and supplying specifics.

But, do we know that's actually DE, or just someone that looks similar to DE?

I think it looks like him.....David......sorry I am still catching up ....I did see on the Daily mail that a female friend of David has been arrested.......crazy stuff....

RIP little lady....

It bothers me that people are going off of one screenshot on Nicole's Instagram of part of a convo with her dad and are saying that he wasn't involved in her life at all. From that screenshot, her father was clearly bothered by the way she talks (possibly on social media) and Nicole was clearly not happy with that and yes, she said she wanted him to stop scolding her because "he's not in [my] life".

Yet ten days later there are relatively a lot of pictures of Nicole with her dad, new step mom and new step brother, and she looks and acts happy about it. Those pictures were also used as profile pics and cover photo's on her Facebook.

Just because she was angry with her dad that one day, and says he's not in her life, does not mean that's necessarily true. She even refers to her step mom as 'mom'.

To me it seems akin to my teen shouting at me that I don't care about her happiness and about her at all, because I required her to 'work first, play later'. She couldn't have been more wrong and she knew it, but if someone else had overheard it, or it had gone down on social media, I'm sure some people would have raised their eyebrows at me.

All just MOO.

BBM - if this is directed at me - please re-read what I posted. I did NOT say he was not involved in her life. I did say that she FELT that way or that is what she wrote to him. I took great pains to qualify what I posted and what I thought it meant. I said it was HER perception that mattered whether it was accurate or not. I am a teacher and I see teens every day. I believe a young girl's self-esteem is often dependent upon her relationship with her father. I think if you look at her postings we can agree that she suffered from low self-esteem regardless of the reason... it is also very likely related to her previous serious medical issues which I also mentioned.

As far as basing my opinion on one post - at this point all we have are little glimpses into the lives of these 3 individuals. Just their previous online presence which most definitly is NOT the total picture. Often when a case happens people look at one post or one picture and speculate about what it means. That is fairly common here and everyone understands that it is not a blanket statement and that there is without a doubt many missing pieces to the puzzle.

I am sorry my post bothered you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member