VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to make her look like a nice girl? Starting to build their defense, nice girl got caught up in evil plot, all DE's plans, not hers, etc? The fact that she laughed when her lawyer tried to rescue her makes me chuckle. Keep digging that hole, Natalie!

The lawyers sound like Joe Pesci in 'My Cousin Vinny'. Swedish Fish? Disney Princess Club - really?

Geez, why is info from the hearing today coming out in dribs and drabs?!?

Keepers described some of her problems in her own words.

Her father also was questioned, and he described her having an appendectomy sometime in the fall. He said fellow student 18-year-old David Eisenhauer took her to the hospital.

http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/31141164/the-latest-bail-denied-for-student-charged-in-girls-death

Keepers also said she's not getting her full medication and is gluten intolerant and can't eat jail food.

:violin:

%*^\!?^+=%#<>¥•!!!!

The things I'd REALLY like to say right now are not WS friendly. But, perhaps, NK should have thought long and hard about how poorly her gluten & other allergies would fare behind bars BEFORE she decided to partake in the "exciting and secretive" events with Psychopath Eisenhauer.

I also find it odd that Keepers posted a photo on September 11, 2015 of the VT massacre memorial and said "Never forget." Hmmm, then she turns around and gets excited about participating in a murder?!

She posted the photo on 9/11 with the words, "never forget"?? That's odd. Perhaps she was confusing the horrible events of the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 with the equally horrible VT massacre (that occured on 4/16/07)?

Trying to make her look like a nice girl? Starting to build their defense, nice girl got caught up in evil plot, all DE's plans, not hers, etc? The fact that she laughed when her lawyer tried to rescue her makes me chuckle. Keep digging that hole, Natalie!

I'm wondering if she trolled Disney sites looking for girls to taunt? Pure speculation. Whatever the case, she sure got a chuckle out of the mention in court. Weird.

JMOpinion

So her dad is concerned that she doesn't have the right mattress, isn't getting gluten-free food, and could possibly get bullied because she is not street smart? I wonder if this girl grew up having no concept of what jail is.....

Honestly, I feel awful for her family. This must be UNREAL to them. That being said, I think his concerns should be focused on whether she will be targeted by other inmates or even executed for her crimes and not about her mattress.

I think it's come out in the news that DE had had an inappropriate relationship with Nicole and Nicole was threatening to tell. So DE and NK planned to kill her to keep her silent, and met at a fast food place to discuss the actual details.

DE's motive seems clear enough, if horrid, but NK's motive is still a complete mystery to me. Finding it exciting isn't a motive, it's a bizarre thing to say. Like Vanessa Coleman in the Christian/Newsom murders wrote in her journal what an exciting week it had been and she was looking forward to more adventures that year. Stone cold as a fish.

I think she was flattered with DE attention and wanted to "belong" and was excited to be asked to participate. Pure Narcissism.

I went to VT for my graduate degree (not in Blacksburg though). It is a highly regarded school specially for undergrads (they mostly take people out of state because they pay Out of state tuition). It is a big school. I wonder how these 2 meet and started talking about murder. It is not a topic that usually comes on conversation. I understand they knew each other from HS in Columbia, but still. It just seems so random that you are going to find a person that is ok with committing this type of murder (NK), because I believe DE was going to kill NL regardless of NK participation.

With all that we are finding out about how poor their attempt to cover this up was, I can't even begin to imagine the social media trail they must've left too. I'll be interested to see how much of that comes out.

NK says "she is on antidepressants and medication for anxiety, AND RECENTLY HAD BEEN MUCH HEALTHIER."

Much healthier recently??? She and DE were planning and plotting to murder a young girl and dispose of her body! And this was during her healthier period??? WTF!

I can just see her defense attorney's squirming in their chairs when she made THAT comment!

Edited to add: Thinking more about this, I find it telling that NK found it important to add that she "recently had been much healthier". To me it shows her narcissistic side. Of course this trial is all about her! :facepalm: And in front of NL's family too.

The lawyers sound like Joe Pesci in 'My Cousin Vinny'. Swedish Fish? Disney Princess Club - really?

Maybe this makes sense in context of the courtroom today, but the news coming out just seems like they did a bad job with this bond hearing. JMOpinion

Also, kind of hard to buy if she was a cutter, that her parents did not know? And get her real help much earlier? Jmo...

Going through her Instagram I sure don't see any signs of cuts and one photo shows quite a bit of skin.

Keepers took the stand during Thursday's hearing, telling the judge about mental health issues she has struggled with since the eighth grade, when she had thoughts of suicide and began cutting herself.

She testified that she began seeing a counselor and psychologist through Virginia Tech in August, as soon as she arrived on campus. She said she is on antidepressants and medication for anxiety, and recently had been much healthier.

"I've learned, especially at [the Virginia Tech Cook Counseling Center] how to love myself," Keepers testified.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_c3087e38-4c85-5adf-b2c5-063176aa7462.html

SOCIOPATH. I would love to hear her speak in court. I wonder if she would sound at all remorseful. Doesn't seem like it.

I wonder why, in their planning, they didn't go to Walmart to buy the shovel and cleaning products BEFORE they killed her. Why did they drive around trying to figure out where to dump her? Did they NOT think what to do with her body until AFTER they killed her?!?!

For a couple of supposedly 'smart' teens....they seem pretty stupid to me. And I'm glad of it. Their stupidity helped them get caught. Hopefully it will make justice swift.

He might have just given up using the shovel as the ground may have been hard and the digging was taking alot of time.

As a side note, though it seems simple, using a shovel well and digging quickly takes practice (years ago, I worked construction labor and learned the hard way). I doubt DE has done any construction type work or commercial landscaping. My guess is that he stabbed the ground a few times, saw it was harder than it looks and going slow, then gave up.

I imagine the ground would be pretty hard for the cold weather too.

She posted the photo on 9/11 with the words, "never forget"?? That's odd. Perhaps she was confusing the horrible events of the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01 with the equally horrible VT massacre (that occured on 4/16/07)?

It was a 9-11 'memorial' on campus, I believe. It didn't have anything to do with VT massacre.

Since she's been arrested, I think we can link to her SM accounts. Here's the link - Click Here

I believe I read that she had spoken to someone in the dorm upon her return. That person told another who told another etc and tips were called in. I'll look for a link unless that was from the former reporter?

Yes, that was from Orly Salinas.

CNN just reported here in NJ 4 EST. Most was about NK. Reporter said prosecutors said NK is no innocent, made a mistake, just an accessory woman. Rather, "NK is up to her neck" in the death of NL. Mastermind of plan including ughhhh sorry.... (chose murder site, planning, murder weapon, plan to slice throat, dispose body, location). Yet, NK never met NL.

Pure, pure, pure evil, sadistic, and other words beyond our imagination.

Natalie's bean-spilling defense sheds a spolight back on DE's "I believe the truth shall set me free." I wonder what "his truth" will be.

Well, after seeing that Natalie was thrilled about all this, bought the shovel, picked out the spot to dump the body, had the minion blanket in her dorm room...it wouldn't surprise me at all if he claims he met with Nicole, helped her out the window, gave her a side hug and dropped her off with Natalie while he went in to bed. That's my bet on his defense.

Natalie Keepers' lawyers said she likes Swedish Fish candy and is a member of the “Disney Princess Club” – a detail that drew an audible laugh from Natalie Keepers in the courtroom.

building a "she's just a little girl" defense?

Tim and Sara Keepers spoke during the hearing for 19-year-old Natalie Keepers. Tim Keepers teared up as he told the judge his daughter wanted to follow in his footsteps an aerospace engineer.

Sara Keepers, an X-ray technician, called her daughter's situation devastating. She said she knew her daughter and fellow student David Eisenhauer were friends, but nothing stood out.

Keepers' parents said that if she were released on bail, their daughter would be under constant supervision. But bail was denied.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/educ...ail-denied-for-student-charged-in-6806899.php

Ahhh. I imagine the complaints of the mattress and food stemmed from an attempt by her parents to have her released on bond to their custody. They were probably grasping at straws trying to come up with a reason to have her given bond and that's the best they could come up with.

Honestly, I feel awful for her family. This must be UNREAL to them. That being said, I think his concerns should be focused on whether she will be targeted by other inmates or even executed for her crimes and not about her mattress.

Likely the family spoke on the stand to what the attorney/s told them to speak to. The mattress not being allergy-free, the jailhouse diet, etc...were prob told to throw the spaghetti against the wall & see if anything would stick (though unlikely she would be released).

Obvi NL and her family are the primary victims, but the perps' families are also victims of their young adult children's behavior & decisions. So are any siblings.

Possibility of mitigating circumstances when/if eventually sentenced in NKs case imo.

But DE? My guess is he'll have no excuses other than to put the blame on NKs and prob even try to lay some blame on the young victim herself.

My scenario

1) David meets Nicole online and they start a relationship
2) Nicole becomes problematic in some way, probably by wanting to go public or making dramatic threats
3) David confides in Natalie about his problem
4) Natalie wants to help solve the problem
5) Due to folie a deux and their own antisocial tendencies, they settle on murder. Perhaps Natalie eggs him on.
6) They are so focused on when and how to do it that they forget to cover their tracks.
7) They are both there for the whole thing but they agree to mutually deny if it comes to it, thinking they will fool people just because they are such "good kids"
8) Natalie double crosses and starts talking when she realizes the jig is up

Replying to this post from the last thread as WS wouldn't load for me last night so I am playing catch up!
"Why would a university/college freshman go online looking for a date when they've just been dropped into an campus full of young woman? Doesn't make sense. Think about it. ewww. Most kids are hanging with their roomate, floor, dorm and have a full plate with classwork and social activities."

FWIW: I am married to a [mechanical] engineer. We & our friends all joke about how we ever wound up together; I have an outgoing personality, where he is much quieter, and (in the nicest way possible to say it) somewhat socially awkward. He always says that's how engineers are. My best friend is also an engineer (also mechanical), and I can recall going to visit her in college & going to a frat house for a party with her before Summerfest. (She went to a big university after high school; I stayed closer to home & lived in a townhouse & rented a duplex, so I never had the large university experience or that of dorm life). I expected the party to be like frat parties on the movies. It ended up being SO boring; I soon found out it was the engineering fraternity & that was their typical 'party' style (in that area at least). My best friend is definitely more outgoing than my husband, but her fiancé--a [civil] engineer, is great, but also what I'd consider socially awkward at times. My cousin is married is also married to an engineer. She is more outgoing & outspoken like myself, & he is quite socially awkward. We joke about being married to the same person; our husbands always blame their awkwardness on 'it's an engineer thing.' My husband & I would never have wound up dating if it wasn't for me, because he was SO shy/awkward! I realize not everyone who is an engineer is awkward (i.e. My best friend), however, in my own experience it does seem to often go hand in hand. So maybe he didn't have the self confidence to meet people in a 'normal' setting due to a possibly awkward personality? My husband & I actually met on match.com in college. I was a single mom & did not have time or interest in meeting at parties, bars, etc. he was on because he was too shy/awkward &#55357;&#56834; In hindsight, I wouldn't go on ANY online dating site or app nowadays. I felt more safe with match.com because you had to pay for a membership so o felt that ruled out crazies, but now I wouldn't even believe that.

I I also saw it speculated that, being an engineering major he must've had good grades. I know nothing about VA Tech, but my husband's high school grades were only average.
All my opinion only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member