VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not feel in my gut she had a boyfriend. I also do not feel she would have gotten involved in a murder plot with another man- if she had a boyfriend.

I agree, unless it was to avenge some wrong that NK felt NL did to her boyfriend. In that instance, she may have sought the assistance of a second (and trusted) male friend.

Additionally, while I think the plot is dark-- I do think we are going to find that it is somewhat simple minded for lack of a better term at the end of the day.

That's an insightful way to describe what might very well be true. I had not thought of it in those terms until now, and it feels accurate.

Why did they go to two walmarts? Cburg And the other?

It certainly seems to indicate premeditation and a desire to escape detection.

If you were toting on a child online- would you use your real photo?

That's another thing that makes me question whether DE was the one talking to NL online. Perhaps NK was using DE's picture, but she was the one behind the computer.

I do think there was inappropriate relations more than holding hands.

I'm not even sure DE had ever met NL in person, before the night she was abducted.

I wonder what her family life was really like. I keep coming back to this in my mind when trying to determine answers.
What made a upper middle class girl who seemed somewhat normal- cut herself and want to commit suicide. Could just be mental Illness. But maybe more.

I am a middle school teacher. In my experience, students who inflict self-harm often have undue pressure from parents (or even from self) to perform academically. Other reasons exist, too, but that added stress makes coping difficult for some young people, especially during the transition to adulthood. Is there any evidence that NK was coping with that kind of stress?

That's an interesting thought but I think that would have come out by now. Also, I really can't see DE agreeing to murder a child because of some other guy's inappropriate relationship with her.

Yes, I agree. My theory only works if DE is simply the person who delivered NL to NK and left her dorm alone, as he asserts. If he had anything to do with the crime, beyond delivering NL to NK and loaning his car to NK, then my theory does not hold water.

I can't possibly read all of these threads so I ask for corrections on what I post here so I can get up to speed.

DE, 18, was a HS athlete, at VA Tech studying Engineering. Family is well off. Also an athlete at VA Tech. He trolled a teen site for dating and hooked up with NL, a 13 year old at some point. She lied about her age. They had a sexual relationship. NL was telling people (friends - other kids) about DE. He didn't want to get caught and charged with statutory rape.

DE sought the advice of his friend NK, 19, a 1st year VA Tech student with a history of being on anti-depressants meds for 5 years after a spell of cutting herself which is claimed to be the result of being bullied in HS. NL and DE then spend 3 weeks planning to lure NL out of her home so that they can kill her to keep her quiet about DE. They make a few dry runs past NL's house during the planning. NK makes the most suggestions for the plan, including the choice of murder weapon.

DE meets NL at her bedroom window. She leaves with him voluntarily, having told an 8 year od she was meeting him that night. DE takes her to NK's dorm room. DE and NK then kill NL by stabbing her/slitting her throat, put her in the trunk of a car, go to a store to buy cleaning supplies and a shovel. They drive to the state border and dump NL's body off of the side of the road.

NK says she was just along for the ride, that DE did the murder, she only helped him get the body in and out of the trunk. She had NL's Minion blanket in her dorm room.

She was present when the murder occurred.

LE figured out who is involved from SM accounts and the 8 year old neighbor. They locate NK, then DE.

One of them leads LE to her body (or GPS in the car/phone does).

They pled not guilty and are held without bond.

NK's dad is worried that NK is allergic to her jail mattress and the jail gluten.

Do I have this right?

Do we know of any other children that DE was trolling for? Is NK also a pedophile?

He is charged with first degree murder. Is she?

When are the executions?

BBM could NL been murdered in the tub/shower at NK dorm? Therefore bled out in tub? then the murderers wrapped her up maybe in a tote and put her in Lexus? Cleaning products, used at dorm? and Lexus? nothing needed at dump sight. Now in the dorm, middle of the night.......no one heard screams? odd noises? no one witnessed the odd transfer to the Lexus? How big is the dorm? private bath or bath in the hallway?

BBM could NL been murdered in the tub/shower at NK dorm? Therefore bled out in tub? then the murderers wrapped her up maybe in a tote and put her in Lexus? Cleaning products, used at dorm? and Lexus? nothing needed at dump sight. Now in the dorm, middle of the night.......no one heard screams? odd noises? no one witnessed the odd transfer to the Lexus? How big is the dorm? private bath or bath in the hallway?

I had not thought about that, but it makes sense. How horrid to think of it happening in the college dorm, though.

Could NL have walked into the dorm of her own free will, but been rendered unconscious before the murder took place? Perhaps with some sort of drug?

BBM...

Sorry... But I had to giggle...:giggle:

LOL My Hubby is Danish and speaks it fluently he taught me 3 words he felt i need to know. I know i am not spelling the Danish version right but whatever. I love you ( I elska die) Diarrhea (Tinsky) Coffee (Caffa) I get by when relatives come over LOL Sorry to derail.

Yes, I agree. My theory only works if DE is simply the person who delivered NL to NK and left her dorm alone, as he asserts. If he had anything to do with the crime, beyond delivering NL to NK and loaning his car to NK, then my theory does not hold water.

Consider this scenario

NK co-directed theater productions in high school (i.e., seeks out drama)
NK has trouble adjusting to college, seeks psychotherapy
NK discusses 'cutting' in middle school and high school, thoughts of suicide as well as being bullied
DE starts tutoring NK in math, a friendship develops
NK needs an emergency appendectomy, DE takes her to hospital
NK becomes more enamored with DE
Psychiatrist is helping NK work through her past issues to 'begin to love herself'
NK creates online profile with DE's image, seeks out a middle schooler to confront her past
NK catfishes NL, because NK is a 'mean girl' or is somehow trying to reconcile her teenage issues
NK confides in DE that she is psychotherapy
NK decides she needs to murder NL to 'kill' her past and 'begin to love herself'
NK comes clean with DE about fake profile, explains that she created it as part of working through issues
NK and DE discuss how to break it off with NL (NK is really plotting murder, DE sees it just as 'helping' his friend and being honest with NL)
DE contacts NL to arrange a meeting using the profile NK made (Jan 24-27)
NK accompanies DE to meet NL under the guise of 'coming clean'
NK slashes NL's throat while DE is driving
DE panics, agrees to hide NL's body

Fire away.

We will move over to thread #4 shortly. This thread will close in 10 minutes.

Consider this scenario

NK co-directed theater productions in high school (i.e., seeks out drama)
NK has trouble adjusting to college, seeks psychotherapy
NK discusses 'cutting' in middle school and high school, thoughts of suicide as well as being bullied
DE starts tutoring NK in math, a friendship develops
NK needs an emergency appendectomy, DE takes her to hospital
NK becomes more enamored with DE
Psychiatrist is helping NK work through her past issues to 'begin to love herself'
NK creates online profile with DE's image, seeks out a middle schooler to confront her past
NK catfishes NL, because NK is a 'mean girl' or is somehow trying to reconcile her teenage issues
NK confides in DE that she is psychotherapy
NK decides she needs to murder NL to 'kill' her past and 'begin to love herself'
NK comes clean with DE about fake profile, explains that she created it as part of working through issues
NK and DE discuss how to break it off with NL (NK is really plotting murder, DE sees it just as 'helping' his friend and being honest with NL)
DE contacts NL to arrange a meeting using the profile NK made (Jan 24-27)
NK accompanies DE to meet NL under the guise of 'coming clean'
NK slashes NL's throat while DE is driving
DE panics, agrees to hide NL's body

Fire away.
BBM all possibilities but IMO NL was not murdered in car..........hiding NL body was planned JMOO

IMO a deep forensic search of these 2 online will expose much. How many killers have we followed where folks where surprised and shocked? Wolves in sheep clothing. I could care less about her "mental issues" she was part of the planning and the disposal at this point. Not that the Defense wont use it. IMO.

This may have been mentioned. Is it possible Nicole killed herself with pills or asphyxiation or something, and then the creepy college kids stabbed her after she was dead? The whole thing could have been planned by the three of them. Poor Nicole was suicidal according to her social media. NK and DE would have had the "thrill" of stabbing her (oh, that's dreadful to write!) without actually being her killers. They're still awful people, but it might explain why they *both say* they weren't there when she died, and why DE said the truth will set him free.

ETA could explain why we haven't heard about a bloody crime scene?

The Medical Examiner ruled Nicole's death the result of stabbing. Her throat was slashed. If she had died as the result of suffocation or an overdose of drugs the medical examiner would have been able to determine that. It looks like DE and NK planned and plotted the abduction and murder and carried it out as planned. The reason they both are saying they weren't there when Nicole died or was killed is because they don't want to be convicted of premeditated murder. I really doubt anyone else was involved. There is no evidence at this point that anyone other than DE and NK were invloved in this crime.

Why does there have to be a motive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Often there isn't one or one that makes sense. I guess we seek to understand the mind of a Sociopath which IMO thus far is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr