VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Didn't LE say the two of them ; DE & NK had been planning this since January 4th ?

Earlier, someone posted re: NL being taken in the dorm. That is highly unlikely as there is an electronic check in and there may even be security cameras at the entry ways and in the lobby. In addition, the university had a long range plan to blanket the campus with some 2500 cameras. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...vered-campus/2012/05/29/gJQAWb5LzU_story.html

Very highly unlikely. My child lives in that dorm, one floor directly below his room.. There is activity 24/7. Someone would have seen that.

Didn't LE say the two of them ; DE & NK had been planning this since January 4th ?

Virginia Tech students David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers also allegedly planned how to dispose and conceal the body of seventh-grader Nicole Lovell over that late January meal at the Cook Out in Blacksburg, Virginia.

The pair, Pettitt said, went to the restaurant in the days before the girl's disappearance to talk about the plot to kill Nicole.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Yes. Bouncing ideas of each other, doing dry runs, etc.

I set up a thread in the Located Timeline and Media Links forum for this case. It is my first time doing so, so any improvements, feel free to let me know. It includes most of the media links in chronological order, the maps created by WSers, and some of the charging documents. I still need to add headlines and dates to each, but should be easier to find articles.
VA-Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, Media*Links*Maps*Timelines

Thank you helenann2k, your link has been added to the opening post and will appear in that post in subsequent threads so that members can easily locate it. It should be a big help as we follow this case to and through the trial phase!

tlcya

^^^^^^^^ Eerily similar! Except I don't see DE or NK pleading guilty to Nicole's murder.

In that other case the defendants pled guilty to the murder in order to avoid the death penalty and get life without parole instead. In the current case, how DE and NK plead will also probably depend on whether the death penalty is on the table or not.

One thing that stands out for me concerning NK: she seems to believe, and I think her parents do, too, that her mental health issues completely absolve her of any kind of responsibility for her actions. There is a danger, I think, in making excuses for a child who has issues, like NK was. They can come to blame everything they do on their condition.

If she was truly told in December that she no longer needed counseling, it would as if they told her, "Now you're responsible for your behavior, your grades, your social life, everything."

There could have been an element in the murder of, "I'll show them how crazy I really am." She sure was eager to talk about it.

She must have absolutely no empathy for others, too, though, and of course that's the real problem.

Something that has been on my mind is why did NL barracade her bedroom door with a dresser? why not just lock the door?
Her mom checking in on her at night would draw suspicion right away. Was someone let into her room from the window and did that so she could not escape as she was kidnapped? Did she really leave willingly? Odd that no neighbors saw or heard anything. This is an apartment building correct? She lived on the first floor? Grandma, mom and 3 siblings lived together? 4 bedrooms? Do we have a blueprint of the apartment? 1st crime scene?

Something that has been on my mind is why did NL barracade her bedroom door with a dresser? why not just lock the door?
Her mom checking in on her at night would draw suspicion right away. Was someone let into her room from the window and did that so she could not escape as she was kidnapped? Did she really leave willingly? Odd that no neighbors saw or heard anything. This is an apartment building correct? She lived on the first floor? Grandma, mom and 3 siblings lived together? 4 bedrooms? Do we have a blueprint of the apartment? 1st crime scene?

'Just a guess on my part, but (I would assume the apartment was relatively small) it's possible the window and her bedroom door were not too far apart... the piece of furniture used possibly helped her climb up to window AND was large enough that it also "happened" to barricade the door.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2701754-Charging-documents-Natalie-Keepers.html

NK is charged with

initial charges

18.2-19 accessory after the fact
18.2-323.02 concealment of dead body

additional charge

18.2-18 accessory before the fact

DE is charged with

18.2-47 Abduction by Force, Deprive of Liberty
18.2-32 Murder: 1st Degree

If I remember right there were a couple of news agencies that initially reported that NK's charges were going to be upgrade to Murder in the 1st Degree but they ended up being altered from accessory after the fact to accessory before the fact. I think the Ramirez tweet showing image of charging doc was not accurate - in the tweet just before she got it right and reported accessory before the fact as the new charge. But the image she shows lists the penal code for murder in the 1st which is where I think the confusion comes into play.

Stephanie Ramirez ‏@RamirezReports Feb 2
Just got the new arrest warrant for 19yo Natalie Keepers. Says on or about Jan 4th to the 27th @wusa9 #NicoleLovell

Stephanie Ramirez ‏@RamirezReports Feb 2
Another charge announced against 19yo Natalie Keepers - Accessory BEFORE the fact. @wusa9 #NicoleLovell

https://twitter.com/RamirezReports

I would not be at all surprised to see that charge eventually added though.

Has NK lawyered up yet? Hopefully she will keep on talking!
Forensic studies will tell some more of the story, sadly.

But who is that according to? NK? Pffftt....Yea IF NK was using a fake profile using DE's name, then yea it would appear that it was both of them, but hopefully further investigation into IP addresses & such will reveal more. As of right now I'm not going bet the farm on NK's version of events, until we or the public hear from DE, it's her word against his imo.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper