VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to clarify one thing: a couple of posters have commented that NK's parents are separated. I have seen no evidence of that, and in fact they went out of their way to portray themselves as an intact, close knit family (denial anyone?). Her parents were holding hands at some points during the hearing and afterwards. Has someone gotten them confused with Nicole's parents who are definitely separated? If not, where did the info about NK's parents come from? Just trying to stop the train before it leaves the station, because I know some might use that information in their profiling of NK and want to make sure we all have the same accurate information.

I agree - I think some posters got NK and Nicole mixed up when talking about their families. That's one reason I use initials for NK and spell out Nicole's name - it helps me keep them separate.

NK = accused perp, in jail
NL = victim = Nicole

Just want to clarify one thing: a couple of posters have commented that NK's parents are separated. I have seen no evidence of that, and in fact they went out of their way to portray themselves as an intact, close knit family (denial anyone?). Her parents were holding hands at some points during the hearing and afterwards. Has someone gotten them confused with Nicole's parents who are definitely separated? If not, where did the info about NK's parents come from? Just trying to stop the train before it leaves the station, because I know some might use that information in their profiling of NK and want to make sure we all have the same accurate information.

This says they all live in the same home:

http://wsls.com/2016/02/04/commonwe...omething-secret-and-special-in-lovell-murder/

I suspect some confusion comes from so many of us using initials for DE, NK and NL. It's not the first time I've seen the later two reversed in a post. I wouldn't be surprised if I've done it myself.

I may get crap for this but please understand i am not blaming NL or saying that an 18 yr old with a 13 yr old is at all ok. Does anyone else think it's possible that NL was the one that originally contacted DE because she thought he was cute and she wanted an older bf? Since many of us think DE seems arrogant and cocky maybe he continued to talk to her because everything about him was impressive to her in a way it wasn't to other girls his age. I can see NL being impressed that he's in college, an athlete, drives a lexus, going to be an engineer. Maybe he wasn't prowling for a young girl but allowed himself to get sucked in. Still his fault but maybe less so in his own mind.

I also noticed someone posted a pic of NK dressed in a Dr Who costume and she was very into drama. My step daughter is into all of that and I have noticed lots of her drama friends are into role playing, cosplay, and an abnormal amount of them identify as cutters. I'm growing more and more concerned that this generation is less and less in touch with reality.

Just sickened by that MINGLE AD. And are there no girls other than NK, that could be remotely interested in the track guy on campus? He wanted something secret..and I suspect he wanted a minor. (KIK, I think, is the same way baby-fryer Ross Harris found his underage sexters) JMO

That Nicole had a Mingle profile has me shocked and horrified. I looked at the web page version of it and suddenly one thing I saw on her open Instagram that I was confused about makes sense to me. On that instagram, she posted some pictures on 12/29 of some other of her SM accounts, I assume so people would know how to contact her on them. One picture had the comment "add me". I recognized the "snapchat" and the "KIK", but then there was one other one I didn't. Now, I'm fairly certain that must be the Mingle. I just checked again, and the profile picture and user name match each other exactly.

But, now we do have evidence that she claimed to be 18 at least on that app. She described as an "18 year old woman from Blacksburg...looking for a man for relationship" I still don't think we really know via what mechanism (s) DE contacted Nicole. He may not have seen this or knew it existed. But it is also possible he found her there first, then moved the conversation to KIK. But based on this possibility, he could have very well been looking for an 18 year old when he started out. With how little we know about him, I just can't make the leap that he is a pedo in the traditional sense or was specifically targeting a minor. Of course, anything is possible. And, as more becomes known about him, maybe we'll find he was. I'm just not there yet.

+++++mod's I noticed that you have removed some posts on the mingle topic....if my mentioning this inappropriate, please delete my comments. Just so you know, I am mentioning them as I feels it adds to the discussion about whether or not she was pretending to be older, and theories about whether DE may have specifically been targeting a minor, and how he may specifically have found her in the first place+++++

Do we know if LE has Nicole's phone? I think it would be important to them to be able to track and see conversations as to who is contacting her on this app as well. If the dates on the mingle profile are accurate, she was last active on it on 1/27.

One more thing for parents that think their kids are safe on Facebook because they are friends with them on there. In the settings of Facebook it is possible to hide certain posts from a list of people you don't want to see them even if they are your friend. So just because you are friends with you child on Facebook it is possible they are hiding some of their activity from you.

Nicole was 13 years old and 4'8" tall. She was in 8th grade and played with younger children. From her photos, it appeared that she was still pre-pubescent. While she may have been mature for her age in some ways, she was also quite young for her age in others, including her physical development, IMO.

If DE had "sexual contact" with her in that park, he is a pedophile in my book.

That Nicole had a Mingle profile has me shocked and horrified. I looked at the web page version of it and suddenly one thing I saw on her open Instagram that I was confused about makes sense to me. On that instagram, she posted some pictures on 12/29 of some other of her SM accounts, I assume so people would know how to contact her on them. One picture had the comment "add me". I recognized the "snapchat" and the "KIK", but then there was one other one I didn't. Now, I'm fairly certain that must be the Mingle. I just checked again, and the profile picture and user name match each other exactly.

But, now we do have evidence that she claimed to be 18 at least on that app. She described as an "18 year old woman from Blacksburg...looking for a man for relationship" I still don't think we really know via what mechanism (s) DE contacted Nicole. He may not have seen this or knew it existed. But it is also possible he found her there first, then moved the conversation to KIK. But based on this possibility, he could have very well been looking for an 18 year old when he started out. With how little we know about him, I just can't make the leap that he is a pedo in the traditional sense or was specifically targeting a minor. Of course, anything is possible. And, as more becomes known about him, maybe we'll find he was. I'm just not there yet.

+++++mod's I noticed that you have removed some posts on the mingle topic....if my mentioning this inappropriate, please delete my comments. Just so you know, I am mentioning them as I feels it adds to the discussion about whether or not she was pretending to be older, and theories about whether DE may have specifically been targeting a minor, and how he may specifically have found her in the first place+++++

Do we know if LE has Nicole's phone? I think it would be important to them to be able to track and see conversations as to who is contacting her on this app as well. If the dates on the mingle profile are accurate, she was last active on it on 1/27.

Tootired I posted the same thing before you and I couldn't agree more. I think that most people aren't getting the vibe that DE was a pedophile because he may not have been in the "traditional" sense. This might be where he thinks the truth will set him free.

Nicole was 13 years old and 4'8" tall. She was in 8th grade and played with younger children. From her photos, it appeared that she was still pre-pubescent. While she may have been mature for her age in some ways, she was also quite young for her age in others, including her physical development, IMO.

I totally agree with you. She was obviously under 18 in my eyes. Just wondering if it's something that came about instead of DE prowling for an underage girl.

I may get crap for this but please understand i am not blaming NL or saying that an 18 yr old with a 13 yr old is at all ok. Does anyone else think it's possible that NL was the one that originally contacted DE because she thought he was cute and she wanted an older bf? Since many of us think DE seems arrogant and cocky maybe he continued to talk to her because everything about him was impressive to her in a way it wasn't to other girls his age. I can see NL being impressed that he's in college, an athlete, drives a lexus, going to be an engineer. Maybe he wasn't prowling for a young girl but allowed himself to get sucked in. Still his fault but maybe less so in his own mind.
My personal experience. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I was an honor roll student. My mother was in the entertainment industry. I was exposed to many of the music groups in the late 1960's and 1970's. When I was 13 years old I went out with the manager of Jefferson Airplane who was 25 years old. He picked me up in his Cadillac convertible at my Jr. High School. I thought I was the cats meow. Had never been on a "date" in my life.
The next day I was so proud of my experience I told the woman I babysat for. She immediately called my mother. Who called LAPD. When I was privately interviewed by Juvenile Detectives, I was asked..."Are you here because you want to be or because your parents want you to be?" I said "Because my parents want me to be." The case was dropped. I to this day do not know what gave me the permission to make the choice I made other than the thrill of being with a guy with money a fancy car and someone who was viewed as an important figure in that industry.

So we know the meeting in the park involved sexual contact?

My personal experience. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I was an honor roll student. My mother was in the entertainment industry. I was exposed to many of the music groups in the late 1960's and 1970's. When I was 13 years old I went out with the manager of Jefferson Airplane who was 25 years old. He picked me up in his Cadillac convertible at my Jr. High School. I thought I was the cats meow. Had never been on a "date" in my life.
The next day I was so proud of my experience I told the woman I babysat for. She immediately called my mother. Who called LAPD. When I was privately interviewed by Juvenile Detectives, I was asked..."Are you here because you want to be or because your parents want you to be?" I said "Because my parents want me to be." The case was dropped. I to this day do not know what gave me the permission to make the choice I made other than the thrill of being with a guy with money a fancy car and someone who was viewed as an important figure in that industry.
Unfortunately I would assume that time was different combined with who the person was. Some girls are sexual at a younger age than others. I know I was. I don't want to speculate on NL but I know i was because I was taken advantage of as a very young child and I thought it meant i was wanted, special, desired, and loved.

Random thought on DE's statement about giving NL a "side hug".
Say that did happen. When giving, receiving, or even witnessing a side hug, someone typically seems to act awkward, anxious, nervous, uncomfortable. I'm not saying that 100% of the time that's how it is but usually at least to me side hugs come with tense or skittish characteristics. Maybe I'm the only one that sees it that way. My point .. IMO if DE actually gave NL the side hug, I find it hard to perceive him as a charming, manipulative, Rico Suave type that took control of the situation. This was not written to defend DE in any way, but to point out my opinion that I do not think he was captain of the ship.

@oceanblueeyes

I had to join to ask about this. (Hi ya'll) I've read everything about the Lovell case on this forum and most available social media. Can you please tell me where this story comes from? It is in stark contrast to what DE's roommate has said previously. Also there's no evidence that DE drinks. VA Tech will boot underage kids from the residence hall for possession.

I am a million pages behind but just wanted to comment on this real quick.

Does anyone know how strict VT is with that sort of thing? I know in my college (just a regular old state university), we weren't supposed to drink the dorms. But most everyone did. No one ever got kicked out or anything in the 2 years I lived in the dorms.

I have accidentally deleted the bookmark I had for Nicole's public instagram page. I've tried searching and am only finding the private ones right now. If possible, could anyone please share this with me? Thanks. (I don't think this would be considered soliciting for private messages, but please correct me if I am wrong). Thanks everyone

Would I be correct in guessing that a previously unseen photo of DE from a relative's Facebook page would be prohibited?

I understand what you mean. NL was involved in some high risk behavior. She wanted attention, she wanted to be older and the advantages of being older. She apparently talked about running away and starting a family with him, which is heartbreaking, because it suggests to me that she didn't feel like she had a family already.

None of that matters. She sure never agreed to be killed. She's a victim.

I don't care if DE actually thought she was 18 or if he just closed an eye and had inappropriate relations with her knowing she was younger than advertised. When you make a mistake, man up and accept responsibility. There are consequences, but not life ending ones. Don't plan out a murder to try to correct it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was mentioned in an article that at first Nicole's phone was turned on when they called her and then it was turned off.

Just catching up on posts.

Has anyone tried to see if we can find any YouTube accounts for anyone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member