VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about NK being out of the general population in jail. I can't remember the exact wording but it was a long the lines of her being naive? Is this a normal reason?

I think they said she didn't have the "street smarts" and thus could be in danger if put with the general population in the jail. I believe she's in a solitary cell. But, I have to agree that I don't think she has "street smarts" either.

Where I live (Wash DC) the Dr. Phil show airs at 4:00 PM on CBS channel 9. You can go to the website for the Dr. Phil show and click on the link that will tell you what time and station it comes on based on your location. Hope everyone here has the opportunity to watch it today.

Thanks! I tried to do that but for some reason the website was being wonky

I think they said she didn't have the "street smarts" and thus could be in danger if put with the general population in the jail. I believe she's in a solitary cell. But, I have to agree that I don't think she has "street smarts" either.

So basically because she's crappy criminal she gets special treatment.. ughhh.

So basically because she's crappy criminal she get special treatment.. ughhh.

I wouldn't call solitary special treatment. But yes, she does appear to be a crappy criminal, HA!

Perhaps someone else knows, but when I knew someone in jail, the inmates preferred not to be in solitary.

But on the other hand, could his statement have been in response to a leading question from a detective like, "did you have any physical contact whatsoever with Nicole Lovell?" Maybe he was just trying to squirm his way out of the question.

I agree, I've always thought the only reason he would have even mentioned the 'side hug' was in response to 'did you have any physical contact with her' and he thought this would sound like the safest answer.
I've also thought that his reason for the ' truth will set me free' remark is that NL was the one contacting him and he would just talk to her, and she, being so young took that as having a boyfriend, to the point that she was possibly bugging him. We don't know if it was just talk, or there was sexting, or if he was asking her for such as that. I feel certain LE knows the answers to those questions.
Now, how that escalates to murder, good question.

When my son went to jail he was the same age as DE. However we are in Canada. He had to be placed on medical seg. A he had a broken leg. He hated it as it really limited his movement. As well a any courses he wanted to take. However my son is a small guy so once he went to general he also hated it. He was intimated. He was lucky that his cell mate was older and a nice guy. Sadly his cell mate was suffering from PTSD and hung himself when my son had court. Was heartbreaking for my son. All in all my son was treated ok. But he does have "some" street smarts. My son he really hated jail and its his biggest fear. His longest stay was only 3 months. They are in for a real rude awakening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also can say( not saying I agree or disagree with this) that even in seg things are not safe. When my son was in seg the guards let it slip that a child predator was joining their pod. When it was dinner time all the inmates took a shot at the new prisoner. Guards did nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to clarify one thing: a couple of posters have commented that NK's parents are separated. I have seen no evidence of that, and in fact they went out of their way to portray themselves as an intact, close knit family (denial anyone?). Her parents were holding hands at some points during the hearing and afterwards. Has someone gotten them confused with Nicole's parents who are definitely separated? If not, where did the info about NK's parents come from? Just trying to stop the train before it leaves the station, because I know some might use that information in their profiling of NK and want to make sure we all have the same accurate information.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31169110...romising-student-now-faces-prospect-of-prison

My bad...I read it as Natalie's mother...but it's Nicole's mother.

I will delete my previous post if I can.

I did see some family pictures of NK's. They spent Christmas and New Years in CO skiing. They were all together and I assumed the father or mother had remarried. Sorry for the erroneous information.

These photos make me feel so sad for the family. They look just like all of us, getting together for the yearly x-mas picture.
I always thought that no parent should send their kid to college and get them back dead. But is would be just as bad to never get them back because they are in prison for the rest of their lives.

Just a normal looking family doing what most families do. The second photo was this past Christmas so supposedly after he was already involved with Nicole.

Just from reading that paper NK wrote last year. IMO i believe She finds it comforting being alone ... it was JMO that her being isolated was special treatment. Id rather see her in gen population. She would get her $%& handed to her.

I wouldn't call solitary special treatment. But yes, she does appear to be a crappy criminal, HA!

Perhaps someone else knows, but when I knew someone in jail, the inmates preferred not to be in solitary.

I have never been in a jail before in my entire life. The only dealings I have ever had with the police is one time when I went through a caution light and was given a warning.:D But since I have been a crime buff for over three decades I have thought about how it would be if locked up in jail. I think I would much prefer to be locked up in a cell by myself. So many of these inmates carry diseases and are hardened criminals subject to act out at anytime. They can get raging mad over the slightest things and could take it out on someone else in the holding cell with them and that has happened in jails before.

However one of our grandson's is a Sargent with our Sheriff's department. He said most inmates would rather have a cell by themselves than be locked up with some of the others who at anytime can cause fights and they will even urinate or defecate on one of the other prisoner's bed or beat up the other inmate over a pack of crackers.

He said he feels so sorry for the correctional officers who are in charge of these inmates when many are worse than unruly out of control children acting out all the time. He said the worst ones seems to be those in their teens through 20s. He said so many of them act worse than animals and many are trying to start fights with the officers by spitting on them, throwing bodily waste on them or attacking them. He said even though some are put in cells by themselves because they are deemed dangerous to others or have a contagious disease or mental illness, or are in danger of attack from other inmates, they are easier to manage since there is only one in the cell.

As an aside: Around the time Dr. Teresa was murdered in Florida another female doctor was murdered in our area. Her husband is the suspect and is in a cell by himself. I know some of the COs at the jail and they say he is the best mannered inmate there when it comes to following orders and he was a professional boxer before he murdered his wife.

Just from reading that paper NK wrote last year. IMO i believe She finds it comforting being alone ... it was JMO that her being isolated was special treatment. Id rather see her in gen population. She would get her $%& handed to her.

I would much rather see her in general populations with all the hard core criminals.

She would get a taste of what fear really feels like since she didn't care about the fear Nicole had to have before being murdered.

One of the hard core inmates could say 'BOO!' at Keepers and she would probably pass out from a panic attack. She is only tough when targeting someone who was defenseless.

Its easy to target a defenseless younger child like she did Nicole but another matter altogether when facing people who could eat her for lunch and not even belch.

Most murderers are really cowards and that is why they prey on those weaker than them.

Is it possible that when going to meet NL, DE was blindsided? Maybe he gave her a side hug because he didn't find her attractive.. Maybe the side hig really was given but not on the night of the 27th.. Maybe it sunk in that she was a minor.. Maybe they had a discussion about cutting off contact and NL didn't want to stop talking to him.. So after trying to no avail, he enlisted the help of NK to take it to the next stage? That would incinuate that DE and NL met before the 27th.

I am still trying to figure out why NK and DE were on campus 1/4. School was not in session yet? Still winter break?

Were they communicating by phone on 1/4 or have we determined NK and DE were together on the 4th?

Does anyone know how strict VT is with that sort of thing? I know in my college (just a regular old state university), we weren't supposed to drink the dorms. But most everyone did. No one ever got kicked out or anything in the 2 years I lived in the dorms.

I can't comment on how it is in more recent years, but 20 years ago you would have to go before the disciplinary board, but no one ever got kicked out of school or even the dorms for it.

According to VT website, "winter semester" began 1/4/16 and ended on 1/15/16.

Spring semester started 1/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member