VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh.... that is simply NOT OKAY and horrible on so many levels!

The dad said that the police overlooked notifying him. I felt so sorry for her dad as he was visibly grief stricken. He was very gracious about NK's parents IMO too and did not appear to bear them any ill will. His message to other parents was heartfelt about being aware of social media content/activity and bullying. IMO

So as per dad Nicole took a couple of things, a roll on luggage along with the minions blanket. She didn't go anywhere without it.

I'm circling back to something I considered yesterday. It's possible that NK offered Nicole an overnight adventure in the dorm - that would be something fun for a 13 yo to do. Maybe Nicole thought she was going to stay with DE or maybe she thought DE was driving her to see NK, who knows.

I just don't see why Nicole would bring luggage on a quick tryst with a "boyfriend," but I can see the allure of staying overnight on campus (not that I think for a minute that the overnight stay was anything put a ruse to get her out of the house to be murdered).

JMOpinion at the moment.

Wouldn't Nicole know how important her medication was. I don't understand the overnight suitcase. So strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took it that Dad told Mom to take the phone away but that never happened.

Wouldn't Nicole know how important her medication was. I don't understand the overnight suitcase. So strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has to be it - she knew she would not live without her medicaton!! Good thought. I meant to respond to IntheDetails. oops

Maybe it was a rolling backpack but the only thing I'd heard she took, other than her blanket, was a bottled water. Father didn't confirm that she took a suitcase.

I don't think the dad ever confirmed that Nicole took a suitcase. At least not that I heard. Dr Phil said that and he said she took "some things" and only mentioned the minion blanket

Yes, I heard that too. that she took a small suitcase

Yes, she took a small suitcase, her minion blanket, and her cell phone. Not sure if her father said this or Dr. Phil. It was also said that she had a long sleeved shirt, but why wouldn't Nicole take her winter jacket/coat? It was very cold outside that night. Perhaps she thought she would be back soon so no need to take her coat? I've heard her mother say Nicole's window was ajar, but on Dr. Phil I think they said she left the window open. She most likely did that so she could get back in the same way she went out. Nicole also did not take her anti-rejection meds with her which is another indicator that she was planning on come back before morning.

Maybe she was told she could stay overnight in dorm...pull an all nighter and sneak back home at 6am, in time to take her meds. They may have said pack a little bag and thought that would make it look like she ran away.

The rage I would feel if this happened to my loved one... hatred...the more I hear of what these two probably did to this poor naive child...

<modsnip>

It's my understanding he feels called to warn other parents. I don't think he is in denial, though I do think he is in deep pain.

JMO.

I agree! She probably left the window open so she could easily sneak back into the house before her mom woke up. That's my theory, anyway.

If it was too high up, she couldn't close it , once out. Must have been awfully cold in that apartment all night. 21 degrees...JMO

It's easy to go there, but I truly do not think her parents understood the depth of her involvement in social media. Especially social media.

And from another source, I have heard she didn't spend much time with her dad. In the past year hardly any time at all. He would have no way of knowing everything on her phone.

But I do understand your frustration. Parents also need to tell their tweens that they don't need to be looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend. Who cares if you come off sounding like a prude or old-fashioned. Tell the kids they don't need to be looking for someone else at this time in their life. They have a family and that is what family is for.

<modsnip>

:grouphug: for parents

That is all I have for them - hugs and love and empathy - my heart breaks.

I am sure they blame themselves enough without our help. I can't see how they could have done more other than locking themselves in with Nicole in her bedroom while she slept, followed her in school, etc.

Side hug
This is DE distancing himself from her, whether it happened or not is irrelevant IMO. It probably did.

Nicole and her meds
Think about everything else going on with her. Do you think she cared at all if she missed her meds? Perhaps she thought she would be just fine or didn't really need them or didn't have access to them (or her coat).Assuming she planned to be back that morning because of her meds requires her to have cared or been considering them, which we can't possibly know. It is another detail which, in my opinion, gets us no closer to the truth of who stabbed her and why.

If it was too high up, she couldn't close it , once out. Must have been awfully cold in that apartment all night. 21 degrees...JMO

Good point....makes me wonder how she thought she was going to get back in?

That is all I have for them - hugs and love and empathy - my heart breaks.

I am sure they blame themselves enough without our help. I can't see how they could have done more other than locking themselves in with Nicole in her bedroom while she slept, followed her in school, etc.

Yes, I agree. The father is still in shock! Keepers and Eisenhauer are to blame for Nicole's death. It's just wrong for them to have killed her no matter what the reason... Maybe the awareness from Nicole's murder will make more parents aware of what their kids can really be doing behind their back online.

Ah! Yes! I am hung up on that suitcase comment too: It isn't clear to me if the dad really answered the question. I DVR'd it, and just rewatched that part, and have transcribed it here:

Dr Phil to Dad: "when she left, she took a small suitcase with her."
Dad: (seems to be nodding but did not directly answer the question verbally) "As far as I know, (hesitation) she took a few things with her."
Dr. Phil (cutting in and speaking over dad who is still finishing that above sentence): "But she had a blanket with her"
Dad: "Yes, sir, I know she had the blanket with her"

The go on to discuss the minion blanket, and the fact that she did not leave with her medicine, which it sounded like she received 3 times a day.

So, did she, or did she not have a suitcase with her? A suitcase in my mind, means she WAS planning on running away. But surely she knew that she could not survive without her medicine. Dad seemed to think so. So, why would you bring a suitcase if you were planning on coming home before the next dose? And, Is this the same suitcase in NK's room where the minion blanket and cleaning supplies were found?

Another part in the episode that I am puzzled over is when Dr. Phil was talking to the dad how did he find out she was missing. Dad said the mom called him at 7 a.m, he thinks possibly even before she called the police, after finding Nicole missing and the window open. He said that the mom told the him that the only thing that they knew was Nicole had been in contact with someone named David, and his name is David, so they immediately called him (I assume to rule out that Nicole wasn't over there). So, how did the mom know this???

I hate to bring this up but this whole Dr. Phil thing reeks to me. Father and son both say they hadn't seen her since Dec. 19. Father hadn't spoken to his daughter in two weeks before she went missing. He finds out about her being found by watching TV? Buries his daughter and then heads to LA to be on TV. Looks to me like he is looking for attention.

He may really be feeling grief and I know everyone deals with it differently...but really Dr. Phil? Does he pay people to come on as guests? I will say that the father did a good job about not giving any additional information. I would guess he does know more. And that poor boy. Separated from his sister and now she is gone.

He does pay. Remember the infamous series of interviews with the Supreme Enablers, aka George and Cindy Anthony? TONS of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste