VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like nail marks from someone fighting back to me. Hope so, as they will be able to get DNA from under her fingernails.

It was said that during booking photos were taken of any (if any) scratches were found on either of them. Oh the DNA under her fingers. That worries me as a family member (I THINK it was her father) at her funeral told reporters that there was still dried blood underneath her fingernails. That the funeral home didn't clean under her nails very well. I mean why would you say that?? I didn't need to hear that. Some were upset that it was told. I know that funeral homes owners and I am surprised if that is true as they always have done excellent on all the funerals I have attended. They are top notch. But if that comment is right would they have the DNA that was if any under her nails? Also it was stated by her father that she would have fought, when in reality how would he know as he wasn't in her life that much. Apparently he didn't come onto the scene until the day they found her body. This was stated by a member of the family when they were talking about him going to Dr Phil. They weren't happy with that either. Can't say I blame them.

It is important. I thought the "...truth can set me free" phrasing was odd vs. "will set me free".

It's the words I BELIEVE that matter the most. That tells me he's lying. You aren't CERTAIN the truth will/can set you free? You only believe it will? You don't KNOW it will? Liar.

What do you guys make of the fact that NK and NL look so much alike?

EDIT: Scratch that! My brain is fried.

This is the quote I read from Keepers' former math teacher:

"When I saw her (mug shot) photo, I didn't know who it was. I thought that was the victim, because it didn't look anything like I knew her," said Stan Arnold, Keepers' high school math teacher in Columbia, Maryland. "She always came across as being bubbly and happy and excited about her future."

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...r-suspects-left-few-clues-to-possible-motives

I read over DE's charging documents again, in the charging document, it reads:

Other information considered Accused states that "I believe the truth can set me free."

Wow according to charging docs it looks like they charged DE with Murder 1 a whole day before they brought NK in and charged her. What evidence did warrants yield that showed it was M1 I wonder. I thought it wasn't until NK started with the "we plotted it and I was excited" blah blah stuff that LE realized it was premeditated. When did NK blab about plotting, a day prior to her arrest on Jan 31? They arrested DE and charged him on Jan 30 at 5:30 am and her Jan 31 at 1:30 am. Also both arrests were based on "warrants." Interesting.

that quote seems to go with the charge of Abduction. On the document that shows the charge of Murder: 1st Degree, it says:

Other information considered Accused had no comment

I read over DE's charging documents again, in the charging document, it reads:

Other information considered Accused states that "I believe the truth can set me free."
. Yeah I saw that. I wonder if he said anything else. Odd they'd put only that in there if he did. And if he didn't say anything else then you know he's guilty as sin.

Yeah, it looks like he made no further comments, at least according to the charging documents. Earlier we had some discussion as to what the actual quote was "I believe the truth can set me free." versus "I believe the truth will set me free." because of the news outlets using one or the other. I just wanted to note that the quote is contained in the charging document.

Only 6 states issue Class 2 felony charges and Virginia is one. A C2 felony as DE was charged with is an extremely serious crime and is usually reserved for one of the following: sex trafficking, creating child *advertiser censored*, murder in the 2nd degree, criminal transmission of HIV or Burglary in the 1st degree. I wonder why he wasn't charged with a Class 1 felony, the most serious charge. Doc says M1 First Degree, but Class 2 Felony. That's odd. Class 2 is only punishable by 20 yrs to life. Class 1 by life in prision or the DP.

Yeah, it looks like he made no further comments, at least according to the charging documents. Earlier we had some discussion as to what the actual quote was "I believe the truth can set me free." versus "I believe the truth will set me free." because of the news outlets using one or the other. I just wanted to note that the quote is contained in the charging document.

Interestingly enough, if you can believe it, Keepers had no comment in that section.

that quote seems to go with the charge of Abduction. On the document that shows the charge of Murder: 1st Degree, it says:

Other information considered Accused had no comment

Yeah, 'no comment' for an 18 yr old means guilty as sin. I now seriously doubt NK was the mastermind.

Yeah, 'no comment' for an 18 yr old means guilty as sin. I now seriously doubt NK was the mastermind.
I don't automatically equate silence to guilt. My ex and I taught her daughter at age 12 to never answer questions the police ask, without us or an attorney present . We informed her not to speak if she was guilty or completely innocent.

However, saying that, I think NK is guilty and not very intelligent when it comes to criminal matters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WS is victim friendly, and the family of a missing or murdered victim are considered innocent victims.

Do NOT sleuth or post personal information of family members. Then with all that free time you're going to have left over ;), please read The Rules.

:tyou:

That is really, really cool! I wonder if they are using too in regards to Keepers' version of the story and where she was when she watched DE kill Nicole?? Technology is just growing leaps and bounds now. It's very futuristic and innovative! Kudos to the people who developed that amazing scanner! I would love to see how they use it at the trial....

Me too...and I hope we get to see this trial!

Good morning Websleuths. Time to move on over to Thread #6

This one will close in ten minutes.

This thread is closed. Move to thread 6 linked above. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties